C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

2015 Z-06 automatic should I buy?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2019, 04:25 PM
joeking
Safety Car

Received 290 Likes on 195 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default 2015 Z-06 automatic should I buy?

I am looking at a 2015 Z-06 with an automatic transmission and it has about 9,000 miles on it. I have a 2005 Corvette and my question is do you guys think the transmission will be ok? It's a 3LZ and in great condition one owner etc. This is my 6th Corvette therefore I am not new to the cult. I know you some of you guys run your cars aggressively and I just want to make sure that I don't get a dog. It's a clear title car and one owner and appears to be in great shape. I just don't want to hatch a transmission and I know there are some problems but I want some advice from the Z-06 guys. I will make sure it has not had a tune and it will not have any warranty anyway.
Old 01-19-2019, 04:36 PM
Mr. Gizmo
Le Mans Master

Received 641 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by joeking
I am looking at a 2015 Z-06 with an automatic transmission and it has about 9,000 miles on it. I have a 2005 Corvette and my question is do you guys think the transmission will be ok? It's a 3LZ and in great condition one owner etc. This is my 6th Corvette therefore I am not new to the cult. I know you some of you guys run your cars aggressively and I just want to make sure that I don't get a dog. It's a clear title car and one owner and appears to be in great shape. I just don't want to hatch a transmission and I know there are some problems but I want some advice from the Z-06 guys. I will make sure it has not had a tune and it will not have any warranty anyway.
take it to a chevy dealer that has a top notch tech that specializes in corvettes and spend a couple of hundred bucks to have the car checked out. Search a8 problems in the forum. It should be mostly ok. But the car is probably out of bumper to bumper warranty.
Old 01-19-2019, 04:42 PM
jcchevy
Pro

Received 248 Likes on 105 Posts

I personally think the A8 concerns are blown out of proportion. I have a 2016 Z with 10,500 miles. I had some shudder issues with it and it was addressed by my local Chevy dealer. The service department was well versed in the issue. It’s not a Z06 issue, it involves most of the A8’s (trucks, cars, etc.). My sevicing dealer informed me of the upcoming “GM fix” which appears to be another flush. My car is fine and I will take it in later in the spring do get the latest TSB done. If you don’t plan to track the car, I see nothing wrong with the A8. I would order the automatic again. I do drive mine aggressively when the opportunity arises and the trans shifts quick and solid. I had a 09 Z that only came with the manual. I had it for eight yeas and chose the Automatic for my new Z. No regrets! To each his own. If the price is right, I would give a great deal of consideration.
The following users liked this post:
Vegas1500 (01-19-2019)
Old 01-19-2019, 06:11 PM
01Defense
Burning Brakes

Received 287 Likes on 187 Posts

run Carfax and see what dealer (s) has serviced the vehicle. You may be able to get a service history from your local chevy dealer. My car is a 15 I just purchased and had the flush done just to be safe and a starting point for me with the vehicle. I ran the car at the strip and it shifts like my brand new 2016 did, if not better. GLWP!

Last edited by 01Defense; 01-19-2019 at 06:11 PM.
Old 01-19-2019, 07:32 PM
joeking
Safety Car

Received 290 Likes on 195 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Thanks everyone for the input I am going to check it out and hopefully it's a good car. It's a 3LZ and I am kind of worried about problems since it doesn't have very many miles on it however there are tons of Corvettes out there with low miles.
Old 01-19-2019, 08:18 PM
Vegas1500
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 256 Likes on 168 Posts

Love my A8 and no issues. I agree with above....always hear about the bad.

Get notified of new replies

To 2015 Z-06 automatic should I buy?

Quick Reply: 2015 Z-06 automatic should I buy?