Notices
C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Competition Seats - My experience

Old 01-31-2019, 08:22 PM
Toddiesel
CF Senior Member

Received 105 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Speedfreaq View Post
Just got back from my first track day with the z06 with comp seats. At 6' (with a little longer torso), I was about 1.5 inches too tall for the hard top Z with my helmet on. It was uncomfortable as hell. The seats felt great to use on the track, firmly held me at up to 1.47 Gs lateral, but the helmet was jamming my neck down into my shoulder blades and I was hunched over something awful. If you plan to track, put on a helmet in the dealership and check it out.
That's why they made the top removable, so you wouldn't hit your helmet on it at the track!
Old 01-31-2019, 08:49 PM
BLK06ZO6
CF Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Just got back from my first track day with the z06 with comp seats. At 6' (with a little longer torso), I was about 1.5 inches too tall for the hard top Z with my helmet on. It was uncomfortable as hell. The seats felt great to use on the track, firmly held me at up to 1.47 Gs lateral, but the helmet was jamming my neck down into my shoulder blades and I was hunched over something awful. If you plan to track, put on a helmet in the dealership and check it out.
If you havenít tried this yet, put the seat all the way down and tilt it forward as far as it goes. It feels like youíre sitting flat on the floor but it gives you extra headroom for your helmet. Iím 6í tall and had the same issue as you and this seat position made it much more comfortable.
Old 02-01-2019, 03:58 AM
Larry M
CF Senior Member

Received 205 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Snap_zo6 View Post
Very happy with my comp seats for normal use but would love extra room needed for helmet clearance. Why would the Comp Seats be designed to give the driver less headroom when "Comp" use involves wearing a helmet? I have to use a transparent roof at the track and a dot helmet instead of a snell because of this issue. Maybe the c8 will have more room for us tall torso guys.
does a DOT helmet have more headroom than a snell?
I don’t know what I used at Spring Mountain, but at 6’3” and the regular roof, I strained my neck pretty bad on day 1 until they finally got me the transparenct roof which helped a little.

Last edited by Larry M; 02-01-2019 at 03:58 AM.
The following users liked this post:
ZR-1DUDE (05-13-2019)
Old 02-01-2019, 04:00 AM
Larry M
CF Senior Member

Received 205 Likes on 170 Posts

That was me at Spring Mountain
Old 05-13-2019, 05:35 PM
ZR-1DUDE
CF Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Have you tried a clear top? Gives a little more headroom.

D.
Old 05-13-2019, 05:37 PM
ZR-1DUDE
CF Senior Member

My 2016 Z06 has the GT seats. When I went to Spring Mountain they had the competition seats. I really like the competition seats - I think they fit me better and I am a big dude. +1 on the transparent top for head room.

I ordered Competition seats in the ZR1 - can't wait to try them on.

D.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:46 AM
Detroit_Bill
CF Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I am 6' and have no problem? I like the seat as far down as it will go naturally so perhaps that's why?
Old 05-15-2019, 11:57 PM
ZR-1DUDE
CF Senior Member

Just drove my 2016 Z06 with GT seats 800+ miles to pick up my ZR1 with competition seats.

The competition seats are better - glad I got them.

D.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Competition Seats - My experience

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: