Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C7 Corvette > C7 Z06 Discussion
Reload this Page >

What amount of boost are you running on your LT4?

Notices
C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What amount of boost are you running on your LT4?

 
Old 01-27-2019, 07:07 PM
  #1  
chevyfanatic
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Jan 2015
Location: san jose ca
Posts: 315
Thanked 18 Times in 14 Posts
Default What amount of boost are you running on your LT4?

  • What are you running for boost on your Lt4 ?
  • Did you notice issues if going over 10 psi (e.g stock boost)
  • Have you made any cooling or other mods to support the higher boost ?
  • What is the highest safe limit on these motors ?
thanks ahead of time
chevyfanatic is offline  
Old 01-27-2019, 07:09 PM
  #2  
Higgs Boson
CF Senior Member
 
Higgs Boson's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2007
Location: Texas Hill Country
Posts: 9,538
Thanked 975 Times in 635 Posts
Default

I'm running about 18.5 psi with no extra cooling mods or issues.
Higgs Boson is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Higgs Boson For This Useful Post:
chevyfanatic (01-27-2019)
Old 01-27-2019, 07:14 PM
  #3  
chevyfanatic
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Jan 2015
Location: san jose ca
Posts: 315
Thanked 18 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
I'm running about 18.5 psi with no extra cooling mods or issues.
thats truly insane. my tuner said 15 psi would be about safest to go and I have the fasterproms and the bigger radiator on the Maggy 2.3.
Would think tons of heat on the stock 1.7 ?
chevyfanatic is offline  
Old 01-27-2019, 08:41 PM
  #4  
Higgs Boson
CF Senior Member
 
Higgs Boson's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2007
Location: Texas Hill Country
Posts: 9,538
Thanked 975 Times in 635 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by chevyfanatic View Post
thats truly insane. my tuner said 15 psi would be about safest to go and I have the fasterproms and the bigger radiator on the Maggy 2.3.
Would think tons of heat on the stock 1.7 ?
I am running a whipple
Higgs Boson is offline  
Old 01-27-2019, 08:43 PM
  #5  
eaglesnick
Junior Member
 
Member Since: Apr 2018
Posts: 38
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
I am running a whipple
Are you on stock fuel system and pump gas?
eaglesnick is offline  
Old 01-27-2019, 08:47 PM
  #6  
Higgs Boson
CF Senior Member
 
Higgs Boson's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2007
Location: Texas Hill Country
Posts: 9,538
Thanked 975 Times in 635 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by eaglesnick View Post
Are you on stock fuel system and pump gas?
yes unless I run E85 or my weaponX port system turns on.
Higgs Boson is offline  
Old 01-27-2019, 08:52 PM
  #7  
eaglesnick
Junior Member
 
Member Since: Apr 2018
Posts: 38
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
yes unless I run E85 or my weaponX port system turns on.
What trips/triggers the ports system?
eaglesnick is offline  
Old 01-27-2019, 08:57 PM
  #8  
Higgs Boson
CF Senior Member
 
Higgs Boson's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2007
Location: Texas Hill Country
Posts: 9,538
Thanked 975 Times in 635 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by eaglesnick View Post
What trips/triggers the ports system?
map and rpm
Higgs Boson is offline  
Old 01-27-2019, 09:19 PM
  #9  
JHEBERT
CF Senior Member
 
JHEBERT's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,169
Thanked 223 Times in 165 Posts
Default

I’m running 18.2psi but chasing spark issues since I got control of the throttle body down low. I’m going to gap the plugs tighter than a crabs *** and go from there...
JHEBERT is offline  
Old 01-27-2019, 09:50 PM
  #10  
jstewart
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Member Since: Apr 2009
Location: Louisville KY
Posts: 601
Thanked 88 Times in 73 Posts
Default

14 PSI, Fasterproms aux tank, Fasterproms thermal spacers, Cordes heat exchanger, meth injection, 50% E-85, no issues.
jstewart is offline  
Old 01-27-2019, 09:58 PM
  #11  
andreas g.
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Nov 2002
Location: laguna niguel ca
Posts: 1,422
Thanked 39 Times in 25 Posts
Default

Iím running 14 psi. Maggy 2300 with a 5% lower, kooks, afe, x tank, and tuned. 91 pump gas.
andreas g. is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to andreas g. For This Useful Post:
chevyfanatic (01-28-2019)
Old 01-28-2019, 12:37 AM
  #12  
Corvette4ever
CF Senior Member
 
Corvette4ever's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2000
Location: Dubai, UAE
Posts: 1,194
Thanked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Higgs, are you still running ARH mid length with stock secondary cats?
Corvette4ever is offline  
Old 01-28-2019, 07:25 AM
  #13  
Higgs Boson
CF Senior Member
 
Higgs Boson's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2007
Location: Texas Hill Country
Posts: 9,538
Thanked 975 Times in 635 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Corvette4ever View Post
Higgs, are you still running ARH mid length with stock secondary cats?
arh mid lengths with no cats
Higgs Boson is offline  
Old 01-28-2019, 08:36 AM
  #14  
Mohammed Rashed
Junior Member
 
Mohammed Rashed's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2015
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by chevyfanatic View Post
  • What are you running for boost on your Lt4 ?
  • Did you notice issues if going over 10 psi (e.g stock boost)
  • Have you made any cooling or other mods to support the higher boost ?
  • What is the highest safe limit on these motors ?
thanks ahead of time

21-22 psi on whipple
Mohammed Rashed is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mohammed Rashed For This Useful Post:
[email protected] (01-31-2019), chevyfanatic (01-28-2019)
Old 01-28-2019, 01:14 PM
  #15  
chevyfanatic
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Jan 2015
Location: san jose ca
Posts: 315
Thanked 18 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Mohammed Rashed View Post



21-22 psi on whipple
thats insane ! supporting mods like cooling/meth etc ? whats your whp ?
chevyfanatic is offline  
Old 01-28-2019, 01:15 PM
  #16  
chevyfanatic
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Jan 2015
Location: san jose ca
Posts: 315
Thanked 18 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by andreas g. View Post
Iím running 14 psi. Maggy 2300 with a 5% lower, kooks, afe, x tank, and tuned. 91 pump gas.
nice and what whp on DYNO ? are you at sea level ?

thanks
chevyfanatic is offline  
Old 01-28-2019, 01:37 PM
  #17  
Mohammed Rashed
Junior Member
 
Mohammed Rashed's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2015
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by chevyfanatic View Post
thats insane ! supporting mods like cooling/meth etc ? whats your whp ?
5 gallon water tank in trunk to weapon X heat exchanger. Meth for octane and more timing. Using port injection for fueling pushing over 900 on pump 93. No heat what so ever.
Mohammed Rashed is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Mohammed Rashed For This Useful Post:
chevyfanatic (01-28-2019)
Old 01-28-2019, 03:08 PM
  #18  
Higgs Boson
CF Senior Member
 
Higgs Boson's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2007
Location: Texas Hill Country
Posts: 9,538
Thanked 975 Times in 635 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Mohammed Rashed View Post


5 gallon water tank in trunk to weapon X heat exchanger. Meth for octane and more timing. Using port injection for fueling pushing over 900 on pump 93. No heat what so ever.
are you running an aftermarket camshaft?
Higgs Boson is offline  
Old 01-28-2019, 03:38 PM
  #19  
Thomasmoto
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Thomasmoto's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2011
Location: GREER SC
Posts: 4,634
Thanked 308 Times in 259 Posts
Default

I'm at about 17 psi on the stock blower and yes it gets very hot. I'm mostly going to be drag racing it from now on. Only have 1 track day scheduled for this year and I'm able to cool it at the drag strip. If I were going to continue road course I would do something else about it. I have installed the DeWitt's Z06 " cooling kit " it has helped, but doesn't completely cure the problem.
Thomasmoto is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Thomasmoto For This Useful Post:
chevyfanatic (01-28-2019)
Old 01-28-2019, 05:22 PM
  #20  
chevyfanatic
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Jan 2015
Location: san jose ca
Posts: 315
Thanked 18 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Thomasmoto View Post
I'm at about 17 psi on the stock blower and yes it gets very hot. I'm mostly going to be drag racing it from now on. Only have 1 track day scheduled for this year and I'm able to cool it at the drag strip. If I were going to continue road course I would do something else about it. I have installed the DeWitt's Z06 " cooling kit " it has helped, but doesn't completely cure the problem.
thanks ! how much power is that bad boy putting down ? Any other supporting mods like CAI/Headers/Cam ?
chevyfanatic is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What amount of boost are you running on your LT4?


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: