C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

'19 Z06 vs. '19 ZR1

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2019, 12:03 PM
Parcival
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 296 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperdadZ06
you are hypocrite Rob. I distinctly remember you piling on me with a few of your ahole buddies.........................
in before the lock!

i wouldn’t consider myself a buddy of RobGZ or punky or anyone else here, just think everyone’s say is worth hearing on a car forum, short of turning this place into 4chan and getting too personal.

Just don’t anyone dare question why Superdadz06 doesn’t know what Rev match is on his Z of several months (at that point) or he will show u the meaning of cyberstalking by PM several months later. I had to look up who was this guy writing me last week and finally realized he was the OP dude whose post I commented on six months ago about why his three month-old new z06 M7 barked when he downshifted and it didn’t happen all the time...he didn’t take kindly to the satirical replies he got.

I presume Rev match is no longer magic to him almost a year later, hence the revelatory new PM! Small sample size but it seems this dude usually posts angry!

to return to topic, I would love to own the ZR1 if/ as soon as the msrp discount hits a certain “bargain” level for the mileage. Eg, I upgraded from a ‘17 Gs A8 to a Same MY Z M7 when the msrp discount hit 25% for a car with less than 500 miles. Until then the Z is a performance steal for me

Last edited by Parcival; 02-03-2019 at 02:32 PM.
Old 02-03-2019, 12:37 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,197 Likes on 2,142 Posts

Originally Posted by Parcival

in before the lock!

i wouldn’t consider myself a buddy of RobGZ or punky or anyone else here, just think everyone’s say is worth hearing on a car forum, short of turning this place into 4chan and getting too personal.

Just don’t anyone dare question why Superdadz06 doesn’t know what Rev match is on his Z of several months (at that point) or he will show u the meaning of cyberstalking by PM several months later. I had to look up who was this guy writing me last week and finally realized he was the OP dude whose post I commented on six months ago about why his three month-old new z06 M7 barked when he downshifted and it didn’t happen all the time...he didn’t take kindly to the satirical replies he got.

I presume Rev match is no longer magic to him almost a year later, hence the revelatory new PM! Small sample size but it seems this dude usually posts angry!

to return to topic, I would love to own the ZR1 as soon as the msrp discount hits a certain “bargain” level for the mileage. Eg, I upgraded from a ‘17 Gs A8 to a Same MY Z M7 when the msrp discount hit 25% for a car with less than 500 miles. Until then the Z is a performance steal for me

I don't have buddies here, whether someone agrees or disagrees with any of my posts. I come here to gain knowledge and that's it. Then maybe some day when i have enough knowledge of my own, i can share it with others.

But i call it like i see it. I, too have gotten numerous hate PM's from superdad because of ONE comment, which wasn't offensive at all, a while back. He doesn't have a stable mindset. Very sensitive, one dimensional and very hypocritical.

Punky is another, who stays on the sidelines until someone posts in agreement with him, then he'll come out and post. WHich means he can't fight his own battles. He needs help. I guess strength in numbers?? LOL

Until they actually branch out and experience other cars and not just corvettes, everything they ever post is completely 100% biased, because they will ONLY favor the car they own.

I own the same car as them and i know the ups and downs of it.

It's not a supercar, and the auto is crap. That's what i know about this car in short.
Old 02-03-2019, 02:16 PM
Parcival
Drifting

Originally Posted by RobGZ06

I own the same car as them and i know the ups and downs of it.

It's not a supercar, and the auto is crap. That's what i know about this car in short.
Plus I’d add that almost everything is relative. Which is why the experience of members here is valuable. But note bene, memory is selective and subjective for geezers, so unless one is directly comparing the cars at the same time, you can get bias this way.

Relatively, i dont necessarily agree with your definition of Supercar, which seems to mirror Doug Demuro, but I see the point. vettes are not exotics. The C7Z and ZR1 do outperform many exotics through time trials on the track—cars several times their prices— and look and sound pretty good doing it.

Relatively, Is the A8 “crap”? To me, depends what you mean. A10 is not an option here, DCT is faster than a slushbox in general but there are reliability issues in high torque transmissions used for daily driving. This A8 does respond slowly through the paddles for performance driving but it’s solid IMO for daily street driving. Again I drove the ‘17 A8 for more than a year and have had DCT cars recently.

Lastly, when I say the M3/M4 is crap here, it doesn’t mean it isn’t a fine fun car. It means on Wednesday im bored with daily driving the work car, where I’m immune to the sensation of tossability and speed all the generations of coupe have tried to convey (active sound in the new models). I then can’t wait until Friday to get into my Z and I see what a sportscar really feels like. All relative.

Last edited by Parcival; 02-03-2019 at 02:36 PM.
Old 02-03-2019, 02:57 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Plus I’d add that almost everything is relative. Which is why the experience of members here is valuable. But note bene, memory is selective and subjective for geezers, so unless one is directly comparing the cars at the same time, you can get bias this way.

Relatively, i dont necessarily agree with your definition of Supercar, which seems to mirror Doug Demuro, but I see the point. vettes are not exotics. The C7Z and ZR1 do outperform many exotics through time trials on the track—cars several times their prices— and look and sound pretty good doing it.

Relatively, Is the A8 “crap”? To me, depends what you mean. A10 is not an option here, DCT is faster than a slushbox in general but there are reliability issues in high torque transmissions used for daily driving. This A8 does respond slowly through the paddles for performance driving but it’s solid IMO for daily street driving. Again I drove the ‘17 A8 for more than a year and have had DCT cars recently.

Lastly, when I say the M3/M4 is crap here, it doesn’t mean it isn’t a fine fun car. It means on Wednesday im bored with daily driving the work car, where I’m immune to the sensation of tossability and speed all the generations of coupe have tried to convey (active sound in the new models). I then can’t wait until Friday to get into my Z and I see what a sportscar really feels like. All relative.

Let's break down the vague definition of supercar.
  • Limited-production specials from an "elite" automaker
  • Standard-looking cars modified for power and performance
  • Models from smaller manufacturers that appeal to enthusiasts
That's taken from wikipedia. I don't really trust that source but we'll start there.

"used the term "supercar" (author's emphasis) to describe future automobiles incorporating advances in design and technology such as flat floorpans and automatic transmissions".

Automatic transmissions. The fact the corvette offered the C7 in a manual vs modern day REAL supercars that haven't, except for maybe porsche, is why the corvette can't be a supercar. And even with the A8, it's flawed. REAL supercars have proper auto's that can perform under any circumstance.

A corvette is neither a limited production "special" nor is it from an "elite" automaker (chevy, like i said, was the cherry on top for why it can't be a supercar).

Standard looking cars modified for power and performance? The corvette is a eye catcher. Which blinds the thought process of most corvette owners in thinking they have something rare and special and classify themselves with ferrari's, porsches etc, because those cars are eye catchers. That's not the case.

Models from smaller manufacturers that appeal to enthusiasts? Again, chevy (or GM) is not a small manufacturer so it can't be classified under super.

I have no idea who doug mururo is but i assume he's a car reviewer? Whatever a car reviewer says isn't stamped as official and authentic. Look at the word you're calling it, and find out the meaning of it, and compare. Doesn't matter if jay leno says the corvette is a supercar, it isn't. We shouldn't group someone who's on the internet and use their opinion to try to push it as a fact. Look at the factors and see if it is a fact.

The corvette is a mass produced, dime a dozen sports cars that has plastic interior pieces. Not to long ago the corvette used the same steering wheel as a cobalt. How is that any bit of the word super? In supercar?

Like i said before, it's fine if you want to believe your corvette is a supercar, but i find it funny when people defend it amongst others who actually know about cars and try to push that nonsense onto them, especially in an open discussion.

Have this discussion in real life at a meet or someplace and watch your feelings get hurt. Be lucky we're only having this discussion online.

Last edited by Z0HS1CK; 02-03-2019 at 02:58 PM.
Old 02-03-2019, 03:27 PM
Parcival
Drifting

That's taken from wikipedia. I don't really trust that source but we'll start there.

"used the term "supercar" (author's emphasis) to describe future automobiles incorporating advances in design and technology such as flat floorpans and automatic transmissions".

Automatic transmissions. The fact the corvette offered the C7 in a manual vs modern day REAL supercars that haven't, except for maybe porsche, is why the corvette can't be a supercar. And even with the A8, it's flawed. REAL supercars have proper auto's that can perform under any circumstance.

A corvette is neither a limited production "special" nor is it from an "elite" automaker (chevy, like i said, was the cherry on top for why it can't be a supercar).

Standard looking cars modified for power and performance? The corvette is a eye catcher. Which blinds the thought process of most corvette owners in thinking they have something rare and special and classify themselves with ferrari's, porsches etc, because those cars are eye catchers. That's not the case.

Models from smaller manufacturers that appeal to enthusiasts? Again, chevy (or GM) is not a small manufacturer so it can't be classified under super.

I have no idea who doug mururo is but i assume he's a car reviewer? Whatever a car reviewer says isn't stamped as official and authentic. Look at the word you're calling it, and find out the meaning of it, and compare. Doesn't matter if jay leno says the corvette is a supercar, it isn't. We shouldn't group someone who's on the internet and use their opinion to try to push it as a fact. Look at the factors and see if it is a fact.

The corvette is a mass produced, dime a dozen sports cars that has plastic interior pieces. Not to long ago the corvette used the same steering wheel as a cobalt. How is that any bit of the word super? In supercar?

Like i said before, it's fine if you want to believe your corvette is a supercar, but i find it funny when people defend it amongst others who actually know about cars and try to push that nonsense onto them, especially in an open discussion.

Have this discussion in real life at a meet or someplace and watch your feelings get hurt. Be lucky we're only having this discussion online.
you already lose the argument when you insert the phrase “under any circumstance”. What you’re describing as “Super” is really an “ultra” car now that a mass production cars (Z and ZR1) you have such a low opinion of (when convenient for you argumentatively) whoops most of the mass production Porsches out there in any >1 min road course that involves making turns.

i don’t feel lucky at all. All this stuff is subjective and I’m on an Internet forum.

i could be talking to my neighbors 15 yo kid who doesn’t own a car for all I know. He is smart and can google Wikipedia too and probably debate the way you do.

Last edited by Parcival; 02-03-2019 at 03:29 PM.
Old 02-03-2019, 03:32 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

Wow, it don't think it is necessary to threaten anyone here tough guy. "Be lucky we're having this discussion online", really? Please don't hurt anyone Rob.
Old 02-03-2019, 03:35 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

you already lose the argument when you insert the phrase “under any circumstance”. What you’re describing as “Super” is really an “ultra” car now that a mass production cars (Z and ZR1) you have such a low opinion of (when convenient for you argumentatively) whoops most of the mass production Porsches out there in any >1 min road course that involves making turns.

i don’t feel lucky at all. All this stuff is subjective and I’m on an Internet forum.

i could be talking to my neighbors 15 yo kid who doesn’t own a car for all I know. He is smart and can google Wikipedia too and probably debate the way you do.

Why are you guys constantly bringing up porsche?

I already said to the other guy there's more german engineering besides a porsche 911.

I don't have a low opinion on anything, i own the SAME CAR AS YOU. I love the car. But i'm not delusional. Most car owners can't accept any other criticism about their car, when it's backed by fact. So they use their emotions to counter it. Some car guys are actually open minded and know that hey, "that car is a better car, but i'm fine with what i have".

Most corvette owners don't see it that way. It's always, "yeah but but but that car is not this, not that, not this, not that, I AM HAPPY WITH MY CORVETTE".

See the difference? They're wording their argument about this discussion in reassuring ways to help them sleep better at night knowing they have nothing else to add to the discussion besides biased opinions.

That never works in a discussion like this, because facts always seep out.

You're another one that's delusional. Again, it's fine if you THINK your corvette is a supercar. But in reality, it's not lol.
Old 02-03-2019, 03:38 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Originally Posted by punky
Wow, it don't think it is necessary to threaten anyone here tough guy. "Be lucky we're having this discussion online", really? Please don't hurt anyone Rob.
I wasn't talking about me fighting anyone. I was talking about you delusional people have real discussions at a car meet and someone will put you in your place and hurt your feelings.

I can't see anyone's emotions online so that's why i said be lucky we're having this discussion online. Who knows if any of you are crying because of what was said lol.

You're the one acting like a tough guy, with your name calling. You're not scaring anyone btw lol.
Old 02-03-2019, 04:14 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

I wasn't talking about me fighting anyone. I was talking about you delusional people have real discussions at a car meet and someone will put you in your place and hurt your feelings.

I can't see anyone's emotions online so that's why i said be lucky we're having this discussion online. Who knows if any of you are crying because of what was said lol.

You're the one acting like a tough guy, with your name calling. You're not scaring anyone btw lol.
Dude, you have made a fool of yourself in this thread as you have in others with all the crap about Corvettes are no good, German engineering is a religion, etc. Trust me, NO ONE here has had their feelings hurt by you. Threatening Corvette forums with your presence in a face to face situation is a blatant threat of physical violence and you know it. Calm down.
Old 02-03-2019, 04:22 PM
Parcival
Drifting

Why are you guys constantly bringing up porsche?

I already said to the other guy there's more german engineering besides a porsche 911.

I don't have a low opinion on anything, i own the SAME CAR AS YOU. I love the car. But i'm not delusional. Most car owners can't accept any other criticism about their car, when it's backed by fact. So they use their emotions to counter it. Some car guys are actually open minded and know that hey, "that car is a better car, but i'm fine with what i have".

Most corvette owners don't see it that way. It's always, "yeah but but but that car is not this, not that, not this, not that, I AM HAPPY WITH MY CORVETTE".

See the difference? They're wording their argument about this discussion in reassuring ways to help them sleep better at night knowing they have nothing else to add to the discussion besides biased opinions.

That never works in a discussion like this, because facts always seep out.

You're another one that's delusional. Again, it's fine if you THINK your corvette is a supercar. But in reality, it's not lol.
I actually didn’t ever say I thought my Z was a Supercar. I just said that your argument/definition is off. I don’t need to say my car is a Bugatti Veyron to know your car is not a Veyron.

i do believe the ZR1 is close to my definition of a Supercar. Just like the first gen Audi R8 4.2 was, and priced at around $130k.

Last edited by Parcival; 02-03-2019 at 04:24 PM.
Old 02-03-2019, 04:26 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

I actually didn’t ever say I thought my Z was a Supercar. I just said that your argument/definition is off. I don’t need to say my car is a Bugatti Veyron to know your car is not a Veyron.

i do believe the ZR1 is close to my definition of a Supercar. Just like the first gen Audi R8 4.2 was, and priced at around $130k.
But if my argument/definition was off, wouldn't that imply that you're suggesting the corvette IS a supercar??

Uhhhhh, dude....come on now. I know most corvette owners are old but i never thought you were actually old, with an aging brain LOL
Old 02-03-2019, 04:26 PM
SuperdadZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 408 Likes on 246 Posts

Rob is not looking for a knowledge, just to criticize people that do not agree with his point of view like his buddy Parcival, another complete loser. A bully behind a computer forum.......... For the record Rob I did drive multiple 911 targas and several other exotic cars before I settled on my Z06 and would do it again. If you are so sold on German engineering go buy a 911 and hit the Porsche forum. I will not miss you.
Old 02-03-2019, 04:27 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Originally Posted by punky
Dude, you have made a fool of yourself in this thread as you have in others with all the crap about Corvettes are no good, German engineering is a religion, etc. Trust me, NO ONE here has had their feelings hurt by you. Threatening Corvette forums with your presence in a face to face situation is a blatant threat of physical violence and you know it. Calm down.
Didn't say corvettes were no good. Because i have one, so it's good to me LOL

I just said don't disrespect german engineering. In fact, this might be the 6th time i said it in this thread.

Your name calling is the exact definition of "threatening corvette forums with your presence in a face to face situation is a blatant threat of physical violence"...

......and you know it....Calm down.
Old 02-03-2019, 04:35 PM
SuperdadZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 408 Likes on 246 Posts

Rob, hit the Porche forum , you will feel better. Maybe it will be therapeutic for you
Old 02-03-2019, 04:51 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

I'm not into porches.

You mean porsche? Yeah maybe i'll check it out one day.
Old 02-03-2019, 05:07 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Originally Posted by SuperdadZ06
Rob, hit the Porche forum , you will feel better. Maybe it will be therapeutic for you
He is a beaten man lashing out at the Americian performance vehicles that bitch slap his icons at a fraction of the cost. He is just a guy who reads too many car magazines and is now downright aggressive and threatening.
Old 02-03-2019, 05:24 PM
Parcival
Drifting

But if my argument/definition was off, wouldn't that imply that you're suggesting the corvette IS a supercar??

Uhhhhh, dude....come on now. I know most corvette owners are old but i never thought you were actually old, with an aging brain LOL
nope, certainly not all corvettes.

I literally said the ZR1 is “close” to my definition. That’s not implication. That’s a literal stipulation, even gave an example.

I’m surprised you’re surprised at being wrong again- I gather that happens a lot in your life. Try shooting for fewer words. It will be clearer that way. And take a deductive logic class or debating class while you’re 15

Last edited by Parcival; 02-03-2019 at 05:27 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To '19 Z06 vs. '19 ZR1

Old 02-03-2019, 05:26 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

nope, certainly not all corvettes.

I literally said the ZR1 is “close” to my definition. That’s not implication. That’s a literal stipulation, even gave an example.

Try shooting for fewer words. It will be clearer that way. And take a deductive logic class or debating class while you’re 15
So then what are you disagreeing with?

I also said the ZR1 isn't a supercar but "close". Go back and see for yourself.

Everything else, with the 2 insecure ones, and then yourself are just mouthing off out of emotion to what you don't want to hear.

That shouldn't be part of the discussion.
Old 02-03-2019, 05:28 PM
Parcival
Drifting

So then what are you disagreeing with?

I also said the ZR1 isn't a supercar but "close". Go back and see for yourself.

Everything else, with the 2 insecure ones, and then yourself are just mouthing off out of emotion to what you don't want to hear.

That shouldn't be part of the discussion.
then why are we arguing? We agree on that point. The Stingray no, the Gs no, the Z no but it’s still bad ***, the Zr1 close.
Old 02-03-2019, 05:31 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

I'm sorry but the Z06 isn't a supercar. And neither is the ZR1 but it's close. The car itself warrants the price.
That's what i posted, post#12 in this thread.

Then everyone starting bickering because their feelings got hurt. Car owners of other brands, as well as the corvette has given some unbiased input but insecurity once again reigns supreme in these threads and everyone started to cry again about it.

Because their 70k mass produced sports car can't be a supercar LOL

Quick Reply: '19 Z06 vs. '19 ZR1