C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

'19 Z06 vs. '19 ZR1

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2019, 05:34 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,187 Likes on 2,137 Posts

Originally Posted by Parcival

then why are we arguing? We agree on that point. The Stingray no, the Gs no, the Z no but it’s still bad ***, the Zr1 close.
I'm not arguing. This is a car forum, how serious can this really be? lol

I just saw my name in one of your quotes and responded to it. Not sure where the disagreement was other than you said you think my argument/definition of the word supercar was off. Then i explained how it isn't.

Old 02-03-2019, 10:46 PM
SuperdadZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 408 Likes on 246 Posts

blah, blah, blah, blah, guys head over to the Porsche forum...........................
Old 02-04-2019, 07:41 AM
traind
Racer

Received 310 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by RobGZ06
Because the corvette is a mass produced car, with multiple models/trims, plastic exterior and interior pieces, a flawed auto (hopefully the DCT in the C8 will at least bring that level of status up) and most importantly, it's a CHEVY. Because if you classify a car as a supercar given the 0-60 and trap speed, then the hellcat is a supercar too.

All of that is the perfect recipe for it NOT to be a supercar lol

Sorry to break the news but that's what it is. Now if you wanna believe it is, that's great. Just don't mention it to owners of REAL supercars, because your feelings will get hurt quick and bad.
Supercar is a term car magazines created to.... wait for it.... sell more car magazines. It is an artificial term similar to any marketing speak. There is no real way to define it. I love Ferraris and McLaren's but at the end of the day they are largely very expensive toys geared toward far less than 1% of the world's population. On top of that, the average one of these cars sits as a garage Queen. Fantastic performance is engineered in and it is never used by the vast majority of people who own them. In an article on Ferraris a salesperson was quoted as saying" the typical Ferrari owner buys these cars because you can't" .

So over the years, even though I'm always interested to see the latest exotic car, I have really come to appreciate the automobiles that provide excellent engineering and performance but do it in an approachable manner as far as cost. I am much more impressed with cars that the typical person can realistically aspire to that offer fantastic value and performance. These are the cars that are super in my mind.
The following 2 users liked this post by traind:
Scoobydoobydoo (02-11-2019), SuperdadZ06 (02-04-2019)
Old 02-04-2019, 09:02 AM
SuperdadZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 408 Likes on 246 Posts

Well said.
Old 02-04-2019, 09:37 AM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

Shouldn't we in fact be praising American Engineering that gives us a world class sports car for the price of Boxster.
Old 02-04-2019, 12:22 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Originally Posted by traind
Supercar is a term car magazines created to.... wait for it.... sell more car magazines. It is an artificial term similar to any marketing speak. There is no real way to define it. I love Ferraris and McLaren's but at the end of the day they are largely very expensive toys geared toward far less than 1% of the world's population. On top of that, the average one of these cars sits as a garage Queen. Fantastic performance is engineered in and it is never used by the vast majority of people who own them. In an article on Ferraris a salesperson was quoted as saying" the typical Ferrari owner buys these cars because you can't" .

So over the years, even though I'm always interested to see the latest exotic car, I have really come to appreciate the automobiles that provide excellent engineering and performance but do it in an approachable manner as far as cost. I am much more impressed with cars that the typical person can realistically aspire to that offer fantastic value and performance. These are the cars that are super in my mind.

that totally is irrelevant to what the definition is lol.

we know the Corvette, especially a z06 is a bang for buck sportscar.

were talking about if it's a supercar. And it's not. The fact that ferraris are and our cars are no where near what those cars are means it's not. Regardless of 1/4 times. A hellcat can run low 11s or high 10s stock with a tire. Is that a supercar?

answer that before proceeding.
Old 02-04-2019, 02:43 PM
Parcival
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 296 Posts

that totally is irrelevant to what the definition is lol.

we know the Corvette, especially a z06 is a bang for buck sportscar.

were talking about if it's a supercar. And it's not. The fact that ferraris are and our cars are no where near what those cars are means it's not. Regardless of 1/4 times. A hellcat can run low 11s or high 10s stock with a tire. Is that a supercar?

answer that before proceeding.
So, you're all about marketing definitions. I don't see a Merriam Webster definition or even anything that would stand up on Scrabble-- just a RobGirlZ06 which unfortunately is suspect.

Let me cite urban dictionary, which sounds the Nth power more credible than RobGZ06's definition. One can see that from the definition that a supercar is more disputable than a guy handled RobGZ06 would have us believe. "" right back at ya.

"supercar
A supercar is a term used for a sports car, typically an exotic or rare one, whose performance is highly superior to its contemporary sports cars. The proper application of this term is subjective and disputed, especially among enthusiasts. In addition, the use of the term is dependent on the era; a vehicle that is considered to be a supercar at one time may not retain its superiority in the future. Nonetheless, the automotive press frequently calls new exotic cars "supercars".
Bugatti Veyron
Koenigsegg CCX
Pagani Zonda F
Enzo Ferrari (F60)
Porsche Carerra GT
Mercedes McLaren SLR

These are probably the six most undisputed supercars at the time of this entry.
#supercar
#bugatti
#koenigsegg
#pagani
#ferrari
#porsche
#mercedes
#lamborghini
by SurgicTube August 20, 2006"

Last edited by Parcival; 02-04-2019 at 02:44 PM.
The following users liked this post:
traind (02-04-2019)
Old 02-04-2019, 03:19 PM
Road machine
Safety Car

Received 250 Likes on 164 Posts

Why are you guys constantly bringing up porsche?

I already said to the other guy there's more german engineering besides a porsche 911.

I don't have a low opinion on anything, i own the SAME CAR AS YOU. I love the car. But i'm not delusional. Most car owners can't accept any other criticism about their car, when it's backed by fact. So they use their emotions to counter it. Some car guys are actually open minded and know that hey, "that car is a better car, but i'm fine with what i have".

Most corvette owners don't see it that way. It's always, "yeah but but but that car is not this, not that, not this, not that, I AM HAPPY WITH MY CORVETTE".

See the difference? They're wording their argument about this discussion in reassuring ways to help them sleep better at night knowing they have nothing else to add to the discussion besides biased opinions.

That never works in a discussion like this, because facts always seep out.

You're another one that's delusional. Again, it's fine if you THINK your corvette is a supercar. But in reality, it's not lol.
Ok I will bring up Merceces and BMW....I bought my wife a 2008 M3 convertable a few year ago. SMG transmission convertable triple black. The car was a POS. Very expensive for any reprairs, and it went through every single Coil pack (6) at $1200 each. Interior was very boring, and though it came almost no standard items most would expect (nav, heated seats, blue tooth) we loaded it up to the tune of an additional 15K for things that are standard on almost everything else . We traded that in for a Mercedes SLK 550AMG. Nice fast car but the interior was so boring it put me to sleep behind the wheel. Parts of the interior broke. There is a little arm that passes the seat belt to you, and shortly after we bought it the car started handing us the plastic bezel that surrounds that arm. Regular services for the Mercedes were incredibly expensive, and the car developed a major oil leak at 60k miles. That cost $4500 to fix. The regular maintance showed a complete engine overhaul at 100k miles.

So as to the supercar status of the corvette Z06 all the following seem to disagree with you....

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/spe...-vs-nismo-gt-r

https://www.businessinsider.com/ferr...ctures-2017-12

https://blog.dupontregistry.com/vide...rgini-huracan/

https://www.wired.com/2015/02/review...errari-killer/

http://carsort.com/compare/Ferrari-4...rolet-Corvette

And the Z06 is a special limited build as is the ZR1 so that classifies it as a supercar in most definitions. While I understand your self loathing and thus your hatred for your corvettes ( on a corvette sight by the way), the car magazines and most automotive experts have praised the Corvette Z06 widely and with great fan fare. Yes much of the praise comes with the added (for the price) moniker, but the for the price part is what makes the Z06 The world class bargain supercar that it is.
Old 02-04-2019, 04:44 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

So, you're all about marketing definitions. I don't see a Merriam Webster definition or even anything that would stand up on Scrabble-- just a RobGirlZ06 which unfortunately is suspect.

Let me cite urban dictionary, which sounds the Nth power more credible than RobGZ06's definition. One can see that from the definition that a supercar is more disputable than a guy handled RobGZ06 would have us believe. "" right back at ya.

"supercar
A supercar is a term used for a sports car, typically an exotic or rare one, whose performance is highly superior to its contemporary sports cars. The proper application of this term is subjective and disputed, especially among enthusiasts. In addition, the use of the term is dependent on the era; a vehicle that is considered to be a supercar at one time may not retain its superiority in the future. Nonetheless, the automotive press frequently calls new exotic cars "supercars".
Bugatti Veyron
Koenigsegg CCX
Pagani Zonda F
Enzo Ferrari (F60)
Porsche Carerra GT
Mercedes McLaren SLR

#supercar
#bugatti
#koenigsegg
#pagani
#ferrari
#porsche
#mercedes
#lamborghini

Has nothing to do with marketing.

I explained in detail how a corvette can't be. Trust me i wish it was, but then i'd be foolish to believe so.

The corvette isn't rare. Even a Z06 doesn't have "limited" production numbers. A ZR1 is close but again, it's still essentially the same car but more power, better aero, more efficient cooling.

The car isn't expensive. Aside from the ZR1 and i even said it's not worth the price although i get why GM has to price it at that, because fully loaded z06's are right there in that price point, the ZR1 can't be the same price as a fully loaded z06.

The car doesn't have expensive materials.

The car is produced off an assembly line. The corvette has 4 trims. Stingray, GS, Z06, ZR1. We could have a separate argument on why the ZR1 is or isn't a supercar but i think we're mainly talking about the Z06, right? In which case, definitely not a supercar.

It isn't from an "elite" automaker. Again, it's a chevy, case closed.

You guys repeatedly are mistaking supercar looks and performance to what an actual supercar is. We are lucky that we can buy a car for under 100k that has supercar looks and performance. But what they have in terms of the performance and looks, lacks everywhere else. Something you guys are not understanding when you actually experience REAL supercars.

It will make your corvette feel like a corolla.

And again i'm not hating, i have a C7Z like you guys but jesus christ i'm not blind. The car has MANY flaws and it's not a supercar.
Old 02-04-2019, 05:39 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Received 957 Likes on 608 Posts

our cars do NOT come close to German interiors.

Not even close. Were on par to what Honda is doing with their interior. Have anyone been inside the new accord? Its amazing.
True statement!
Z0HS1CK (02-04-2019)
Old 02-04-2019, 05:47 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

"supercar
Bugatti Veyron
Koenigsegg CCX
Pagani Zonda F
Enzo Ferrari (F60)
Porsche Carerra GT
Mercedes McLaren SLR

#supercar
#bugatti
#koenigsegg
#pagani
#ferrari
#porsche
#mercedes
#lamborghini
Funny! Your the same guy that was saying a Porsche is not a supercar, yet a less expensive Corvette is. How about this news flash......neither are. They are both very nice cars (Porsche is nicer) but neither fit the bill of supercar or hypercar. However, the top tier Porsche probably does since they are a million plus. I would never consider a ZR1 or upcoming C8 ME a supercar. They are a great bang for the buck car with near supercar performance and that’s what makes them attractive but yet affordable.
Z0HS1CK (02-04-2019)
Old 02-04-2019, 05:49 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Has nothing to do with marketing.

I explained in detail how a corvette can't be. Trust me i wish it was, but then i'd be foolish to believe so.

The corvette isn't rare. Even a Z06 doesn't have "limited" production numbers. A ZR1 is close but again, it's still essentially the same car but more power, better aero, more efficient cooling.

The car isn't expensive. Aside from the ZR1 and i even said it's not worth the price although i get why GM has to price it at that, because fully loaded z06's are right there in that price point, the ZR1 can't be the same price as a fully loaded z06.

The car doesn't have expensive materials.

The car is produced off an assembly line. The corvette has 4 trims. Stingray, GS, Z06, ZR1. We could have a separate argument on why the ZR1 is or isn't a supercar but i think we're mainly talking about the Z06, right? In which case, definitely not a supercar.

It isn't from an "elite" automaker. Again, it's a chevy, case closed.

You guys repeatedly are mistaking supercar looks and performance to what an actual supercar is. We are lucky that we can buy a car for under 100k that has supercar looks and performance. But what they have in terms of the performance and looks, lacks everywhere else. Something you guys are not understanding when you actually experience REAL supercars.

It will make your corvette feel like a corolla.

And again i'm not hating, i have a C7Z like you guys but jesus christ i'm not blind. The car has MANY flaws and it's not a supercar.
Your wasting your time with Parcival. He likes to do two things......research and argue. Save your breath.
The following 2 users liked this post by Dr. ice:
SuperdadZ06 (02-04-2019), Z0HS1CK (02-04-2019)
Old 02-04-2019, 06:13 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Originally Posted by Dr. ice

Your wasting your time with Parcival. He likes to do two things......research and argue. Save your breath.
lol. I noticed that.

I just find it sad that there are MANY cars out there, and yet people only dwell on the car they own. I mean i get it. It's a psychological thing. Car owners feel insecure when they hear another car is better because then it makes them feel some type of way towards the car they own. So they build delusion and denial to make them feel better about the situation. It's crazy to witness.

I love my corvette but i know when there's better cars out there. Does that mean i all of a sudden hate my car? Not that all. We all have to stay in our lane.

I wish i owned a GT2RS but it's out of my price range. And it's clearly a better car than our Z06's and better than a ZR1. And i foresee it still being better than whatever GM has in store for the C8. Since everyone wants to keep mentioning porsche, i'll continue to do so.

A porsche 718 has better build quality than our z06's and it costs less (base model). No it's not a supercar but this is just a quick comparison, since everyone wants to mention porsche, of what they can do, even for a car that only costs 60k.

Drive one and you'll understand. And i bet if you go to your porsche dealer, you'll probably see one corvette in the lot, because one of us traded and upgraded to a porsche.

There are different classes for a reason and only a child will make comparisons based on 1/4 times alone. That's not what these cars are about, regardless of what they can actually do.
Old 02-04-2019, 06:45 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

lol. I noticed that.

I just find it sad that there are MANY cars out there, and yet people only dwell on the car they own. I mean i get it. It's a psychological thing. Car owners feel insecure when they hear another car is better because then it makes them feel some type of way towards the car they own. So they build delusion and denial to make them feel better about the situation. It's crazy to witness.

I love my corvette but i know when there's better cars out there. Does that mean i all of a sudden hate my car? Not that all. We all have to stay in our lane.

I wish i owned a GT2RS but it's out of my price range. And it's clearly a better car than our Z06's and better than a ZR1. And i foresee it still being better than whatever GM has in store for the C8. Since everyone wants to keep mentioning porsche, i'll continue to do so.

A porsche 718 has better build quality than our z06's and it costs less (base model). No it's not a supercar but this is just a quick comparison, since everyone wants to mention porsche, of what they can do, even for a car that only costs 60k.

Drive one and you'll understand. And i bet if you go to your porsche dealer, you'll probably see one corvette in the lot, because one of us traded and upgraded to a porsche.

There are different classes for a reason and only a child will make comparisons based on 1/4 times alone. That's not what these cars are about, regardless of what they can actually do.
Agree! I have owned both of the latest version of both the Corvette and 911. Both are great cars with distinctive different flavors. Price aside, the 911 is the superior car in my opinion. Did I pay more for it....yes. Do I think it’s worth every penny......yes. Would I buy another C7 after experiencing a late model 911.....no! I, like many people on this forum am waiting for the new C8 ME. If I like it I will buy it. If not, I will buy a new 992. In all honesty, the ME will have to be damn nice to pull me from a 992.....but we will see. You just have to understand their are “car lovers” and their are “Corvette” lovers, and this is a Corvette forum. You will find “car lovers” that speak of other cars are sometimes attacked by the “Corvette” lovers. They are easy to spot😏
Old 02-04-2019, 07:24 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

lol. I noticed that.

In what world is a Cayman a better car than a C7 Z06? Seriously troll, get a grip. Tell me about how great your little 4 cylinder puss car is. Unbelievable nonsense.
Old 02-04-2019, 07:57 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Originally Posted by punky
In what world is a Cayman a better car than a C7 Z06? Seriously troll, get a grip. Tell me about how great your little 4 cylinder puss car is. Unbelievable nonsense.
Your reading comprehension sucks. I said it has better build quality, and it's a porsche. So it's more refined.

The C7Z looks better and has more power. That's about the only upsides to it comparing to the cayman.

Go experience other cars and stop living in corvette la la land.
Old 02-04-2019, 08:01 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Agree! I have owned both of the latest version of both the Corvette and 911. Both are great cars with distinctive different flavors. Price aside, the 911 is the superior car in my opinion. Did I pay more for it....yes. Do I think it’s worth every penny......yes. Would I buy another C7 after experiencing a late model 911.....no! I, like many people on this forum am waiting for the new C8 ME. If I like it I will buy it. If not, I will buy a new 992. In all honesty, the ME will have to be damn nice to pull me from a 992.....but we will see. You just have to understand their are “car lovers” and their are “Corvette” lovers, and this is a Corvette forum. You will find “car lovers” that speak of other cars are sometimes attacked by the “Corvette” lovers. They are easy to spot��
Yup. My neighbor had the 997 GT2. I forgot what mods he had but it was only bolt ons. I guess that's intake and exhaust? Car made me sick because of how hard it pulled. i Know cars feel faster when you're riding passenger but still. It was i think 07 or 08 and this was a couple of years ago so it wasn't new and the car felt solid. No rattles, no noise, interior sound was as if you're driving a lexus. That's when i knew porsche was on another level.

THAT CAR IS a supercar. Because it's rare, it's a porsche, and it's fast.

I don't know what i'm doing yet in terms of my next toy. I'm anxiously waiting on the C8 but who knows what the performance models will look like, be like, and priced at. If it's heading into like porsche territory, might as well get a porsche

But who knows. I do wanna upgrade to a C7ZR but idk about going from a C7 to another C7. It's starting not to make sense.

But then the 2020 GT500 with the DCT is looking like the performance bargain of the century. So idk yet.

It is exciting though that we get to be picky on what high hp cars we wanna buy next

I hope GM has up'ed their engineering with the C8 so it can compete with the germans. The C7 was heading in the right direction but fell way short.

Last edited by Z0HS1CK; 02-04-2019 at 08:02 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To '19 Z06 vs. '19 ZR1

Old 02-04-2019, 08:12 PM
Harbgrogan
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 44 Posts

Old 02-05-2019, 09:34 AM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Yup. My neighbor had the 997 GT2. I forgot what mods he had but it was only bolt ons. I guess that's intake and exhaust? Car made me sick because of how hard it pulled. i Know cars feel faster when you're riding passenger but still. It was i think 07 or 08 and this was a couple of years ago so it wasn't new and the car felt solid. No rattles, no noise, interior sound was as if you're driving a lexus. That's when i knew porsche was on another level.

THAT CAR IS a supercar. Because it's rare, it's a porsche, and it's fast.

I don't know what i'm doing yet in terms of my next toy. I'm anxiously waiting on the C8 but who knows what the performance models will look like, be like, and priced at. If it's heading into like porsche territory, might as well get a porsche

But who knows. I do wanna upgrade to a C7ZR but idk about going from a C7 to another C7. It's starting not to make sense.

But then the 2020 GT500 with the DCT is looking like the performance bargain of the century. So idk yet.

It is exciting though that we get to be picky on what high hp cars we wanna buy next

I hope GM has up'ed their engineering with the C8 so it can compete with the germans. The C7 was heading in the right direction but fell way short.
Oh, OK, the C7 "fell way short". Is that why a Corvette that can be purchased for 80k bitch slaps a $160, 000 Porsche? You are most entertaining but utterly clueless Dude.
Old 02-05-2019, 10:43 AM
Parcival
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 296 Posts

lol, are you going to continue the last thread in the C8 forum?

Dealer ice, you are a Porsche dealer, period. Everything that entails, advertising on another car forum. You were trying to lurk on the C8 forum spewing your snark. I guess if you’re too cheap to advertise for real, go to a free forum..

i am just a lowly customer, but make sure you detail my car before you return it from the shop.

Yeah, yeah, we’re your “favorite whipping boy” on an Internet forum, whatever that means, Dealer.

Last edited by Parcival; 02-05-2019 at 10:46 AM.

Quick Reply: '19 Z06 vs. '19 ZR1