C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

'19 Z06 vs. '19 ZR1

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 11:52 AM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Received 957 Likes on 608 Posts

Originally Posted by Parcival

lol, are you going to continue the last thread in the C8 forum?

Dealer ice, you are a Porsche dealer, period. Everything that entails, advertising on another car forum. You were trying to lurk on the C8 forum spewing your snark. I guess if you’re too cheap to advertise for real, go to a free forum..

i am just a lowly customer, but make sure you detail my car before you return it from the shop.

Yeah, yeah, we’re your “favorite whipping boy” on an Internet forum, whatever that means, Dealer.
You can surly do better than the old dealer line. I suppose I have been a Chevrolet, Mercedes and BMW dealer since I have owned those as well. You are simply a C6 owner that likes to create controversy. Go spread your **** elsewhere. It’s quite evident you have no ownership experience to back up any of your BS.

Cheers my friend! I do love you though😏

Last edited by Dr. ice; 02-05-2019 at 11:54 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Z0HS1CK (02-05-2019)
Old 02-05-2019, 11:59 AM
Parcival
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 296 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. ice

You can surly do better than the old dealer line. I suppose I have been a Chevrolet, Mercedes and BMW dealer since I have owned those as well. You are simply a C6 owner that likes to create controversy. Go spread your **** elsewhere. It’s quite evident you have no ownership experience to back up any of your BS.

blah blah “I’m a successful dealer”... “trust me, it’s the Internet!!!” Oh and the moniker “used car salesman” doesn’t mean anything!! It’s a good thing!!

i am “Surly” but I think you meant “surely.”

Last edited by Parcival; 02-05-2019 at 12:02 PM.
Old 02-05-2019, 12:17 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Received 957 Likes on 608 Posts

Originally Posted by Parcival

blah blah “I’m a successful dealer”... “trust me, it’s the Internet!!!” Oh and the moniker “used car salesman” doesn’t mean anything!! It’s a good thing!!

i am “Surly” but I think you meant “surely.”
You are entertaining 😏
Z0HS1CK (02-05-2019)
Old 02-05-2019, 12:39 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,198 Likes on 2,142 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. ice

Ah German engineering. You have a benz too?

Gotta love the germans. Lol
Old 02-05-2019, 04:14 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

Originally Posted by RobGZ06
Ah German engineering. You have a benz too?

Gotta love the germans. Lol
Yes indeed, especially if you service their over engineered high priced junk. Get a clue moron. Why is a Mercedes worth a small fraction of what it cost new when it goes off warranty. Daaahhh, not too hard to figure that one out is it. Go burn up the asphalt in your 4 cylinder Gayman
Old 02-05-2019, 06:12 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Originally Posted by punky
Yes indeed, especially if you service their over engineered high priced junk. Get a clue moron. Why is a Mercedes worth a small fraction of what it cost new when it goes off warranty. Daaahhh, not too hard to figure that one out is it. Go burn up the asphalt in your 4 cylinder Gayman
Say what now??

580hp vs 650hp.

I know what you're going to say, porsche is modified. It has a tune. So let's say it has 650hp just like the Z.

Z gets the jump on every single race, and still gets walked lol. Porsche also has a better auto, better interior, better fit and finish, and more stable. I've been in a 911 before. It's a fantastic car.

Again, don't disrespect german engineering. It's really top tier. The corvette put up a good fight though lol. But you don't mess with a 911 turbo

Last edited by Z0HS1CK; 02-05-2019 at 06:12 PM.
Old 02-05-2019, 10:31 PM
SuperdadZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 408 Likes on 246 Posts

really? have you ever owned a 911 or driven a 911 Turbo for any length of time like I have ? I now own a Z06 and not a 911 because the Z06 is so much more fun to drive and I bet most of the people on this forum would agree. The 911 is a great car and has many advantages over a Vette but not where it counts the most for me. You should spend more time on the Porsche forum and less time trying to convince all of us that own a Vette how great Porsche is.
Old 02-06-2019, 03:49 AM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

He has a point only if you feel his opinion is gospel. There are many of us here I assure you that believe the ZR1 is a "supercar". This terminology is quite relative and has different meanings to different people but this A-hole seized the opportunity to put a good smack down on Corvette owners.
He is a beaten man lashing out at the Americian performance vehicles that bitch slap his icons at a fraction of the cost. He is just a guy who reads too many car magazines and is now downright aggressive and threatening.
Dude, you have made a fool of yourself in this thread as you have in others with all the crap about Corvettes are no good, German engineering is a religion, etc. Trust me, NO ONE here has had their feelings hurt by you. Threatening Corvette forums with your presence in a face to face situation is a blatant threat of physical violence and you know it. Calm down.
I've owned many Corvettes, a couple Porsches, and many other performance cars. Interesting that you feel the need to bully other members who may hold opinions that differ from yours and inhibit them from posting here. I could care less about your name calling and actually find it amusing. Trust me Dude, I am far from the only one who does not like the looks of a 911. Get over it.
Wow, it don't think it is necessary to threaten anyone here tough guy. "Be lucky we're having this discussion online", really? Please don't hurt anyone Rob.
WOW!! Dude you are seriously way too emotional. You really need to stop all the drama and false accusations, seriously. These are cars we're talking about here, the seriousness is nowhere near what you're trying to make it out to be.
Z0HS1CK (02-06-2019)
Old 02-06-2019, 09:35 AM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
WOW!! Dude you are seriously way too emotional. You really need to stop all the drama and false accusations, seriously. These are cars we're talking about here, the seriousness is nowhere near what you're trying to make it out to be.
the ones that post like that, very dramatic and emotional are the insecure ones lol.

I mean theres no reason to be insecure. Theres lots of good cars out there. Porsche just happens to be a more pristine brand. Better quality than our cars. Stevie wonder could see that.
Old 02-06-2019, 09:47 AM
Road machine
Safety Car

Received 250 Likes on 164 Posts

the ones that post like that, very dramatic and emotional are the insecure ones lol.

I mean theres no reason to be insecure. Theres lots of good cars out there. Porsche just happens to be a more pristine brand. Better quality than our cars. Stevie wonder could see that.
Yeah tell that to the hundreds of owners of Porsche products that had major electrical failures on their pristine cars....seriously are you here just to prove your ignorance???
SuperdadZ06 (02-06-2019)
Old 02-06-2019, 10:37 AM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Originally Posted by Road machine
Yeah tell that to the hundreds of owners of Porsche products that had major electrical failures on their pristine cars....seriously are you here just to prove your ignorance???
hundreds?

as opposed to the THOUSANDS of overheating issues with the auto z06's??? Lmao

every car will have their issues but you're fooling yourself if you think our mass produced Chevy sports car is better than Porsche engineering. Hell even Audi a4's have better BUILD quality than our cars.

like I said experience other cars so you'll understand how each car maker vastly improved over the years.

Old 02-06-2019, 10:38 AM
TXshaggy
Drifting

Received 1,093 Likes on 608 Posts

Wow, what a trainwreck thread...in before the lock.
Old 02-06-2019, 11:01 AM
TARANTULA
Melting Slicks

Received 1,035 Likes on 468 Posts

Z06 vs Zr1
The following 2 users liked this post by TARANTULA:
Boba Fett (02-06-2019), Z0HS1CK (02-06-2019)
Old 02-06-2019, 11:20 AM
JanosNFS
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

Lol... this is how a question can get completely out of hand

as for the original question, I had a '19 z06/z07 m7, which got totaled... that story is for another day... so I was put in a situation where I had to order a new one. I looked at the two cars, z06 vs. Zr1 and thought about what I wanted to do with the car.
Now I do track my cars so that portion is important to me.
The track events I go to have usually the latest ferraris, porsches, Lamborghinis, mercedes gtr, cream of the crops and one thing I think is very important to realize, the only reason why a couple of cars are faster than me is because I am not used to the car yet. It all comes down to the driver's experience. I look at Randy Pobst's times as benchmarks and know what the car can do and where I am. I would outbreak anybody and carry more speed thru corners.
A stock z06/z07 with alignment can beat most of those cars.

As for looks go... its everybody's personal reference.
to me a Porsche does not look better neither on the outside nor on the inside... they are nice... a BMW looks like a Honda civic, a mercedes gtr is nice a Lamborghini looks the same as the corvette at least the performance versions, the only cars that look nicer inside are ferraris.

Porsches and BMWs are so common that nobody looks at the anymore. I have people staring at my car all the time, complimenting me at gas stations and Europeans love it and can't get enough of it.

Looks vise I wasnt crazy about the zr1's front on pictures but once I saw a black one at the dealer it looked much better in person. You would get something that can beat anything else pretty much with warranty...

I was going to get a zr1 and the only reason why I didn't get one is because I would have had to wait 6 months for delivery and I had z06 addiction problems by then and got one in 6 weeks.
Harbgrogan (02-06-2019)
Old 02-06-2019, 11:37 AM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

What about the wonderfully "German Engineered" 911s that spontaneously combusted and turned themselves into roadside barbecues.
Old 02-06-2019, 11:40 AM
Road machine
Safety Car

Received 250 Likes on 164 Posts

hundreds?

as opposed to the THOUSANDS of overheating issues with the auto z06's??? Lmao

every car will have their issues but you're fooling yourself if you think our mass produced Chevy sports car is better than Porsche engineering. Hell even Audi a4's have better BUILD quality than our cars.

like I said experience other cars so you'll understand how each car maker vastly improved over the years.
Again your dim wits seem to be getting the best of you....I have owned a Porsche 911, and a BMW M3, and a Mercedes 550 Amg as well as many other cars foreign and domestic. I know you hate your Corvette if you actually own one (I would bet you are just a Mustang owner trolling) but your insane claims of better build quality by the German car makers would be laughable if you weren't so insistent on proving your ignorance. Maybe 30 years ago...hell maybe even 20 years ago that was true but Gm has stepped up it's game and the Germans have just resorted to cheating to try and keep up. The Porsche you glorify is also mass produced and the styling is as stale as their innovation. Volkswagon which own Porsche had to resort to cheating on their diesels just to sell them here and now they have to buy them all back.
No one here has claimed that the Corvette is the best car in the world, but for the price it sure is close and every car enthusiast magazine says the same thing over and over. The stupid claims that you make over and over about the failings of the C7 Z06 simply show even more the level of ignorance you display. Just like the head issues with the LS7, the problems with the C7Z06 are far less prevalent than you suggest, and the problems with all your favorites are far more prevalent than you describe. Please since you hate your Corvette, get rid of it and buy a Porsche so I can blow past you at the track or on the highway and laugh at you, as I do to all the other Porsche owners who overpaid for the "fine" German quality.....but make sure you keep a fire extinguisher on board.....that German quality wiring is so hot it literally burns their cars down.
SuperdadZ06 (02-06-2019)
Old 02-06-2019, 12:49 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Originally Posted by TARANTULA
Z06 vs Zr1
see how crazy people got when the attention is focused elsewhere?

people are going nuts when they hear about Porsche, the traditional upgrade from a Corvette lol.

Then people wanna talk about their german cars from decades ago lol

they have no idea how well built the new stuff is now. Its amusing how they're actually believing the Corvette is a better built car compared to a Porsche. A freaking 911 turbo at that too.

I cant type enough lol's to really show how funny that is.

lol

Get notified of new replies

To '19 Z06 vs. '19 ZR1

Old 02-06-2019, 12:53 PM
Harbgrogan
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 44 Posts

why feed this sad troll?
Old 02-06-2019, 02:29 PM
Elk
Le Mans Master

Received 3,257 Likes on 1,723 Posts

This thread illustrates why I do not miss middle school.
Old 02-06-2019, 07:15 PM
SuperdadZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 408 Likes on 246 Posts

yup there are a few aholes in every crowd.........................

Quick Reply: '19 Z06 vs. '19 ZR1