C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

'19 Z06 vs. '19 ZR1

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2019, 07:39 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Received 957 Likes on 608 Posts

Originally Posted by punky
What about the wonderfully "German Engineered" 911s that spontaneously combusted and turned themselves into roadside barbecues.
What about the C6 Z06’s that dropped valves and the C8 that’s being delayed due to electrical issues. Every manufacturer has issues. In today’s world, theirs not the disparity in build quality that used to exist. That’s not to say that a $50,000 car is as nice as a $150,000 car as it relates to quality of materials. JD Powers has a 911 at 5 stars on reliability compared to 3.5 for the C7 should that mean anything..... And I am not here to bash any car, as their are a lot of great choices in today’s market. On the flip side I am not brand loyal, so any car maker will need to step up to get my business. I know this is a Corvette forum and we all love Corvettes but let’s not be fanboys either. If we were all fanboys the product would never have to improve....and in my book that’s not a positive. Competition is key in any business in order to get the best consumer products possible. GM gets it.....that’s why they are doing a major departure from FE to ME. The FE design is tapped out with the power Corvettes are now delivering from the factory. Alls good.....drop the hate for those that don’t believe as you do.

Last edited by Dr. ice; 02-06-2019 at 07:44 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Z0HS1CK (02-06-2019)
Old 02-06-2019, 07:48 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,202 Likes on 2,145 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. ice

What about the C6 Z06’s that dropped valves and the C8 that’s being delayed due to electrical issues. Every manufacturer has issues. In today’s world, theirs not the disparity in build quality that used to exist. That’s not to say that a $50,000 car is as nice as a $150,000 car as it relates to quality of materials. JD Powers has a 911 at 5 stars on reliability compared to 3.5 for the C7 should that mean anything..... And I am not here to bash any car, as their are a lot of great choices in today’s market. On the flip side I am not brand loyal, so any car maker will need to step up to get my business. I know this is a Corvette forum and we all love Corvettes but let’s not be fanboys either. If we were all fanboys the product would never have to improve....and in my book that’s not a positive. Competition is key in any business in order to get the best consumer products possible. GM gets it.....that’s why they are doing a major departure from FE to ME. The FE design is tapped out with the power Corvettes are now delivering from the factory. Alls good.....drop the hate for those that don’t believe as you do.

::mic drop::

/thread
Old 02-06-2019, 09:13 PM
rob62
Safety Car

Received 1,733 Likes on 874 Posts

You can be a fan boy and still tell it like it is. Case in point, I love the METS but we all know how that usually plays out.
Harbgrogan (02-06-2019)
Old 02-06-2019, 09:27 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by rob62
You can be a fan boy and still tell it like it is. Case in point, I love the METS but we all know how that usually plays out.
I agree with you. I am a Chiefs fan and still feel they were a better team than the Rams and Patriots despite they lost to both of them in very tight games. Can I recognize they have a great offense but a crappy defense......yes. Am I still a little biased.....probably a little. Being a retired Superintendent of Schools and past high school coach I have also witnessed many parents thinking their kids were better athletes than they actually were. However, pass given for this since we should all be “fanboys” of our own children. To your point....some people greatly vested in a particular product can develop blinders.....but certainly not all by any stretch. I have zero problem with people having their own opinion.....as they should. However, I have very little tolerance of people attacking others due to a difference of opinion. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by Dr. ice; 02-06-2019 at 09:30 PM.
Z0HS1CK (02-07-2019)
Old 02-06-2019, 09:39 PM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by rob62
I guess, but you dont buy the team that youre a fan of (causing more emotion due to investment). Im as passionate about cars and driving as about any1, but to get all bent out of shape and emotional in discussion about cars is quite girly (not saying you)...wouldn't you agree?

btw-Im from NY and the mets SUCK!!!....j/k....well, sorta
The following 2 users liked this post by Boba Fett:
TARANTULA (02-07-2019), Z0HS1CK (02-07-2019)
Old 02-06-2019, 10:20 PM
SuperdadZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 408 Likes on 246 Posts

***** creek? I bet that's a popular town................
Old 02-06-2019, 10:25 PM
CONMAX
Burning Brakes

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

i am a little late posting, but i thought i should add my 2 cents worth. if i were buying a new corvette, i would definitely opt for the ZR1. likely the last year of front engine vette with a lot of cooling and performance improvements. but, i am not buying a new vette yet. i have a 2015 Z06/7 with an A8 that continues to perform well. with a best of 10.40 in 1/4 mi, it is likely quicker than the ZR1. this ET did require DR's and a lot of passes.

part of the reason for the higher cost of the ZR1 is that it is new and not heavily discounted. if compared to a used Z06 like mine, the cost could be half for the Z06. a new Z06 might have a 20k discount and the ZR1 has about a 20k higher MSRP. so the value is better on the Z06, but most don't buy on value.

if the ZR1 proves to be the last and highest performance front engine vette, it may increase in value. of course, you may have to keep it in a bubble for 20 years with almost no miles.

i plan to wait for the hypo version of the C8 in a couple of years. by that time, i should have over 50k in points on my GM card/
Harbgrogan (02-07-2019)
Old 02-07-2019, 10:26 AM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

How dare anyone question the almighty 911 Porsche! Wonderful lecture.
Old 02-07-2019, 10:41 AM
Parcival
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 296 Posts

Originally Posted by CONMAX
i am a little late posting, but i thought i should add my 2 cents worth. if i were buying a new corvette, i would definitely opt for the ZR1. likely the last year of front engine vette with a lot of cooling and performance improvements. but, i am not buying a new vette yet. i have a 2015 Z06/7 with an A8 that continues to perform well. with a best of 10.40 in 1/4 mi, it is likely quicker than the ZR1. this ET did require DR's and a lot of passes.

part of the reason for the higher cost of the ZR1 is that it is new and not heavily discounted. if compared to a used Z06 like mine, the cost could be half for the Z06. a new Z06 might have a 20k discount and the ZR1 has about a 20k higher MSRP. so the value is better on the Z06, but most don't buy on value.

if the ZR1 proves to be the last and highest performance front engine vette, it may increase in value. of course, you may have to keep it in a bubble for 20 years with almost no miles.

i plan to wait for the hypo version of the C8 in a couple of years. by that time, i should have over 50k in points on my GM card/
at least you’re staying on topic.

Vette or Porsche fanbois alike, most of the posters must be retired geezers or working for a dealer, as they wouldn’t last a minute in a corporate meeting if they had to stay on topic...

Back to topic, I am wondering how well the new ZR1 will hold their value —ie, how long I may have to wait to pick one off the herd at significantly less than msrp. I should’ve waited for the Zr1 maybe. But at this point, having already gone from ‘17 Gs to Z when I saw a big discount, i find it easier to justify waiting for the C8 than upgrading again within the C7 to a ZR1 without a discount.
Old 02-07-2019, 11:02 AM
CamOnlyJabroni
Racer

Received 131 Likes on 84 Posts

Are these threads ever productive or just to see everyone’s feels and opinions? Research mods on a C7Z enough and you can get it to perform in extreme weather conditions just like a ZR1. As far as buying a ZR1, if you have the means or justifications, do it cause MERICA!!
Old 02-07-2019, 11:46 AM
bgspot
Burning Brakes

Received 285 Likes on 159 Posts

It would be easier if people stop using the word super to describe cars that are BOTH high performance and rare. Exotic is the better word. The word super doesn't necessarily equate to expensive or rare. Any extreme performing car can be considered a supercar. So for me Z06/ZR1 are supercars but are FAR from exotic
Old 02-07-2019, 02:44 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

How dare anyone question the almighty 911 Porsche! Wonderful lecture.
You don’t need to be defensive as you are entitled to your opinion as is everyone else. Don’t you agree?
Z0HS1CK (02-07-2019)
Old 02-07-2019, 02:57 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

You don’t need to be defensive as you are entitled to your opinion as is everyone else. Don’t you agree?
lol it is amusing watching all the Corvette fanboys get riled up over nothing.

the Corvette is obviously a great car,that's why we all bought one.

but jeez you gotta admit when something else is better. Like a turbo 911
Old 02-07-2019, 03:41 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Parcival

at least you’re staying on topic.

Vette or Porsche fanbois alike, most of the posters must be retired geezers or working for a dealer, as they wouldn’t last a minute in a corporate meeting if they had to stay on topic...

Back to topic, I am wondering how well the new ZR1 will hold their value —ie, how long I may have to wait to pick one off the herd at significantly less than msrp. I should’ve waited for the Zr1 maybe. But at this point, having already gone from ‘17 Gs to Z when I saw a big discount, i find it easier to justify waiting for the C8 than upgrading again within the C7 to a ZR1 without a discount.
LOL. Nice passive aggressive response under the premise of being on topic�� You are consistant my friend. By the way, I got your pm and I think I have the Porsche you asked about in inventory at one of my dealerships! Give me a call and we can discuss!

Last edited by Dr. ice; 02-07-2019 at 04:34 PM.
Z0HS1CK (02-07-2019)
Old 02-07-2019, 04:55 PM
saleen556
Le Mans Master

Received 2,202 Likes on 1,193 Posts

Originally Posted by RobGZ06

No argument from me. Love my Z06. But when the budget allows I’ll love to have a 911 turbo S.
Z0HS1CK (02-07-2019)
Old 02-07-2019, 06:25 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

You seem like the man with the wedgy up to his neck Dude.

911 Turbo now goes for around $210,000 and has it's hands full with a new Z06 that you can buy for 80K. Gotta love that "German Engineering"! LOL!
Old 02-07-2019, 06:35 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

LOL. Nice passive aggressive response under the premise of being on topic�� You are consistant my friend. By the way, I got your pm and I think I have the Porsche you asked about in inventory at one of my dealerships! Give me a call and we can discuss!
Do you really work for a porsche dealer??

If so, PM on the way!!

Get notified of new replies

To '19 Z06 vs. '19 ZR1

Old 02-07-2019, 06:37 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Originally Posted by saleen556
No argument from me. Love my Z06. But when the budget allows I’ll love to have a 911 turbo S.
There you go, some open mindedness.

Nothing wrong with praising another car. Especially one that is clearly superior. But we own these cars because we love them, doesn't mean we can't like or idolize another car.

You have to strive for something better in life, always. Otherwise you're stuck in the same ol story over and over again.

I do agree if the 911 turbo came down just a hair, or at least closer to ZR1 territory, that can be an option of what to get next once i move on and upgrade from the z06.

That PDK is NO joke.
Old 02-07-2019, 07:01 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Do you really work for a porsche dealer??

If so, PM on the way!!
Sounds like he is a car salesman. Maybe he can get you a job as a lot boy.
Old 02-07-2019, 07:08 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Sounds like he is a car salesman. Maybe he can get you a job as a lot boy.
I'd do it for free for fun on the weekends.

That way i can drive high end german engineering for a living?? Sign me up!!

Quick Reply: '19 Z06 vs. '19 ZR1