C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

'19 Z06 vs. '19 ZR1

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2019, 01:31 PM
SuperdadZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 408 Likes on 246 Posts

And you are the real expert right? A guy that has never owned a Porsche. I happen to agree that a Corvette is not a super car but that is not why so many of us on this CORVETTE forum bought one and believe it or not some of us actually a prefer a Z06 to some of the super cars that cost so much more. I spent considerable time in a 911 targa and while it is an amazing car in many ways it is not nearly as fun to drive as my Z06.
Old 02-09-2019, 01:38 PM
Getyup
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

I am not taking anyone’s side. Everyone has a right to their own opinion. I have a Porsche. It is only a lowly 997 C4S but I love the car. I also have a C7 Z06. I have had the Porsche since 2007 and the Z06 since 2016. I can honestly say that I have gotten so much more compliments on the Z06 than the Porsche. Unless you are talking about price and exclusivities the GT2RS should not be considered a Supercar. A person who does not know Porsche will think it is a 911 with a big wing. The GT2RS should actually be called a race car that can legally be driven on the road. If you do consider the GT2RS a Supercar then the C7 ZR1 should also be a Supercar as it is the highest performance model of the Corvette.
The following users liked this post:
SuperdadZ06 (02-09-2019)
Old 02-09-2019, 01:38 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,198 Likes on 2,142 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperdadZ06
And you are the real expert right? A guy that has never owned a Porsche. I happen to agree that a Corvette is not a super car but that is not why so many of us on this CORVETTE forum bought one and believe it or not some of us actually a prefer a Z06 to some of the super cars that cost so much more. I spent considerable time in a 911 targa and while it is an amazing car in many ways it is not nearly as fun to drive as my Z06.
Good job on trying to ignore me lol.

Clearly whatever i say has an effect on you which is why you haven't ignored me, because you wanna see what i have to say.

My dad managed, and then co-owned a dealer with his friend. They had cars worth 10k all the way to 180k. I have driven nearly every car he had on the lot.

You don't need to own a car to understand what it is. Just as you don't need to be a dentist to be able to notice good teeth.

If you agree that the corvette isn't a supercar, why do you keep replying?

A 911 turbo is better than a corvette, period. Just because you found the corvette to be more enjoyable to drive over a porsche means absolutely NOTHING to your argument. It just means you happen to like the corvette better. There are no facts to back up any of your statements.

German engineering as a whole is better than GM engineering, period.

Where are your sources that say otherwise?
Old 02-09-2019, 01:49 PM
SuperdadZ06
Burning Brakes

Rob, you need to head over to the Porsche forum for good. This is all subjective so your arguments are pointless. I have owned German cars for years including a 911 so I have a much better frame of reference than you and do not need to point out any expert sources like you. You are right, I will try to do better in regard to ignoring your rants
Old 02-09-2019, 01:55 PM
rob62
Safety Car

Received 1,733 Likes on 874 Posts

Originally Posted by RobGZ06
Agreed.

OP is questioning out of false unawareness because he's stalling so others that share his mentality can chime in and help him fight his battles. That's why he engaged the "sarcasm", i don't know what you guys are talking about so fill me in type of approach. He's not fooling anyone. That psychology definitely doesn't work on me.

The answers to his illogical post has been said about 4 times in this thread on why the corvette CAN NOT be a supercar. But he doesn't want to reply to that, for reasons i just said above.

The corvette is mass produced, not rare, certainly not made from expensive materials so therefore it's not expensive, dime a dozen, GM branded SPORTS CAR.

I'll throw a monkey wrench into the discussion. The dodge viper is CLOSER to a supercar than the corvette is. How's that to help this discussion? I would classify the dodge viper as america's supercar (even though i don't think the viper is a supercar either) and the corvette is america's SPORTS CAR.

The corvette was made to fulfill dreams that come with the territory of those who want actual supercars but can't afford it. So when one is able to attain a corvette, it automatically brainwashes themselves that they indeed, bought a supercar. That's not the case.

Cars are priced for a reason. So say what you want about german engineering, they're obviously selling their cars for a reason.

The 718 isn't a supercar but the GT2RS is, both porsche.

A camaro isn't a supercar and the corvette still isn't either, both chevy.

See the trend?
I see you have an opinion . Nothing more , nothing less.
Old 02-09-2019, 02:11 PM
SuperdadZ06
Burning Brakes

exactly and his is no more important than anyone elses
Old 02-09-2019, 02:54 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Originally Posted by SuperdadZ06
Rob, you need to head over to the Porsche forum for good. This is all subjective so your arguments are pointless. I have owned German cars for years including a 911 so I have a much better frame of reference than you and do not need to point out any expert sources like you. You are right, I will try to do better in regard to ignoring your rants
You owned an OLD 911.

Compare your year 911 to that year corvette, your year 911 was better.

It is subjective, when talking about what you're talking about. Which is, which is better to drive LOL. Obviously you like the corvette, that's why you bought one. I like the corvette, that's why i bought one. And because i can't afford a GT2RS, which is one of my favorite cars.

Still doesn't change the fact that this entire thread, you and 2 of your other buddies did nothing but tried to fight a real discussion based off emotions because you didn't want the precious corvette name to get criticized.

Like i said before, don't disrespect german engineering, it is far superior. Like a turbo 911.

And of course you'll reply to me, so i'll wait

Last edited by Z0HS1CK; 02-09-2019 at 02:55 PM.
Old 02-09-2019, 02:59 PM
TARANTULA
Melting Slicks

Received 1,035 Likes on 468 Posts

Porsche only has two supercars the 918 Spyder and the Porsche Carrera GT. Corvette has none.

Last edited by TARANTULA; 02-09-2019 at 02:59 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Z0HS1CK (02-09-2019)
Old 02-09-2019, 03:34 PM
SuperdadZ06
Burning Brakes

You owned an OLD 911.

Compare your year 911 to that year corvette, your year 911 was better.

It is subjective, when talking about what you're talking about. Which is, which is better to drive LOL. Obviously you like the corvette, that's why you bought one. I like the corvette, that's why i bought one. And because i can't afford a GT2RS, which is one of my favorite cars.

Still doesn't change the fact that this entire thread, you and 2 of your other buddies did nothing but tried to fight a real discussion based off emotions because you didn't want the precious corvette name to get criticized.

Like i said before, don't disrespect german engineering, it is far superior. Like a turbo 911.

And of course you'll reply to me, so i'll wait
I could not care less if you or anyone else criticize the Corvette, what i do not need is a condescending gasbag telling me which of my cars is better than the other
Old 02-09-2019, 04:46 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Originally Posted by TARANTULA
Porsche only has two supercars the 918 Spyder and the Porsche Carrera GT. Corvette has none.
Hmm i classify those cars as hyper cars really. They were really over the top incredible engineering.

The GT2RS and the GT3 etc, are super cars if you think about it. The performance, the rarity, expensive pieces, the price etc.

Chevy has one more chance with the mid engine C8 to make their car a supercar. But in the end it'll still be a chevy so.....But hey they're getting closer!
Old 02-09-2019, 05:35 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

It would be nice if one of you distinguished experts could actually define the term "Supercar". Everything posted here on the subject by the obvious high school punk with an attitude and the other know it all is just opinion and total BS.
Old 02-09-2019, 06:59 PM
Getyup
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

Hmm i classify those cars as hyper cars really. They were really over the top incredible engineering.

The GT2RS and the GT3 etc, are super cars if you think about it. The performance, the rarity, expensive pieces, the price etc.

Chevy has one more chance with the mid engine C8 to make their car a supercar. But in the end it'll still be a chevy so.....But hey they're getting closer!
Hyper,Super. Do you have a ludicrous car? I’m not taking sides but you rub me the wrong way. You should sell the Vette and save your money to get the RS. I agree with you that it is great car.
Old 02-09-2019, 07:29 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Originally Posted by Getyup
Hyper,Super. Do you have a ludicrous car? I’m not taking sides but you rub me the wrong way. You should sell the Vette and save your money to get the RS. I agree with you that it is great car.
How did i "rub" you the wrong way?

That's what i'm still failing to see from some of you who seem offended by the comments.

In what way shape or form from what i have been saying in where i was wrong in categorizing a car like a turbo 911 that is superior to a z06? Or that the z06/zr1 is not a supercar?

I already gave the definition of what a supercar is, and how the corvette doesn't fall under the criteria. I already said that i WISH i can call my corvette a supercar because that's something to be proud of saying. But unfortunately i would be foolish to say that. Because it's not.

So how else can you guys contribute to this discussion without feeling emotionally attached to your car in a way you can't speak factual? Instead of just posting out of defense and bias?

I love porsche and i could have gotten a used carrera, or maybe went to the dark side and gotten a GTR (another fav car of mine) but i didn't, i chose the C7Z because it's an amazing machine. But unlike some here, i'm open minded and can understand there are other cars better out there.

And yes in about 2 more years is when it's time for a new toy. So i'm anxiously waiting on what the C8 performance models look like so i know if i'm sticking with the corvette brand, or moving on to something else (better)
Old 02-10-2019, 09:58 AM
SuperdadZ06
Burning Brakes

Good for you and when you do hopefully it will be a Porsche. Please move permanently to the Porsche forum where you will be among people that will really appreciate you and your charming personality
Old 02-10-2019, 01:14 PM
Parcival
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 296 Posts

How did i "rub" you the wrong way?

That's what i'm still failing to see from some of you who seem offended by the comments.

In what way shape or form from what i have been saying in where i was wrong in categorizing a car like a turbo 911 that is superior to a z06? Or that the z06/zr1 is not a supercar?

I already gave the definition of what a supercar is, and how the corvette doesn't fall under the criteria. I already said that i WISH i can call my corvette a supercar because that's something to be proud of saying. But unfortunately i would be foolish to say that. Because it's not.

So how else can you guys contribute to this discussion without feeling emotionally attached to your car in a way you can't speak factual? Instead of just posting out of defense and bias?

I love porsche and i could have gotten a used carrera, or maybe went to the dark side and gotten a GTR (another fav car of mine) but i didn't, i chose the C7Z because it's an amazing machine. But unlike some here, i'm open minded and can understand there are other cars better out there.

And yes in about 2 more years is when it's time for a new toy. So i'm anxiously waiting on what the C8 performance models look like so i know if i'm sticking with the corvette brand, or moving on to something else (better)
well, your first major flub in this thread in my book: saying a 911 turbo is far superior to a Z06. That’s a car that many of us have “passed through.” Generally, it’s hard to argue that the car is far better if it’s running the same times around a road track or worse. Certainly doesn’t meet the definition of “far better.” Arguably, do some people like it better? that’s a fairer statement. Is the interior leather more expensive? I’d hope so, It meets the definition of “more expensive.”

GT2RS esp Weissbach version absolutely. 918 Spyder yes. Carrera GT yes.

If you’re dealing a turbo, just list it on Rennlist. Sheesh.

Last edited by Parcival; 02-10-2019 at 01:26 PM.
Old 02-10-2019, 02:26 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Originally Posted by Parcival
well, your first major flub in this thread in my book: saying a 911 turbo is far superior to a Z06. That’s a car that many of us have “passed through.” Generally, it’s hard to argue that the car is far better if it’s running the same times around a road track or worse. Certainly doesn’t meet the definition of “far better.” Arguably, do some people like it better? that’s a fairer statement. Is the interior leather more expensive? I’d hope so, It meets the definition of “more expensive.”

GT2RS esp Weissbach version absolutely. 918 Spyder yes. Carrera GT yes.

If you’re dealing a turbo, just list it on Rennlist. Sheesh.
911 turbo far superior to a z06 meaning it has more expensive parts, A BETTER AUTO, won't overheat, and everything else i mentioned about 10 times in this thread and has a more prestigious name. z06 hasn't been around as long as a 911 turbo (the 930 porsche) was the turbo version of the 911 back 70s or early 80s i believe.

We're not talking about what some might LIKE BETTER, that has nothing to do with what car may seem superior to the next. Again, you're flooding these comments with emotions. USE FACTS when you post.

How can someone even think about saying a freaking mass produced chevy is superior to a porsche, a 911 turbo at that? I am almost getting the feeling i'm being trolled. Because if you guys are trolling, it's working.

Because anyone with half a brain will know that a 911 turbo is superior to a z06 as a whole. We're not talking about just 1 aspect, as a C7Z manual might be faster around SOME tracks vs a 911 turbo but overall, porsche is clearly superior.

It's time to finally admit it. You can still love your corvettes, as i do mine. But jesus christ the ignorance and how naive corvette owners are is really mind boggling.

Last edited by Z0HS1CK; 02-10-2019 at 02:26 PM.
Old 02-10-2019, 02:56 PM
Parcival
Drifting

911 turbo far superior to a z06 meaning it has more expensive parts, A BETTER AUTO, won't overheat, and everything else i mentioned about 10 times in this thread and has a more prestigious name. z06 hasn't been around as long as a 911 turbo (the 930 porsche) was the turbo version of the 911 back 70s or early 80s i believe.

We're not talking about what some might LIKE BETTER, that has nothing to do with what car may seem superior to the next. Again, you're flooding these comments with emotions. USE FACTS when you post.

How can someone even think about saying a freaking mass produced chevy is superior to a porsche, a 911 turbo at that? I am almost getting the feeling i'm being trolled. Because if you guys are trolling, it's working.

Because anyone with half a brain will know that a 911 turbo is superior to a z06 as a whole. We're not talking about just 1 aspect, as a C7Z manual might be faster around SOME tracks vs a 911 turbo but overall, porsche is clearly superior.

It's time to finally admit it. You can still love your corvettes, as i do mine. But jesus christ the ignorance and how naive corvette owners are is really mind boggling.
Seems your definition changes to suit you. Who cares about more expensive. I want “better.”

The non marquee Porsche’s are just fine cars. Just sold one, shopping used last year S one right now because it’s good enough for getting around town. Many people are not “ignorant” - just not fanbois like you. Geez. I buy from Audi Porsche Burlingame and the mechanics will tell you as they told me: “they’re easier to drive if you can’t”, “we know they’re (non hyper car models) slower than the Vettes”. They don’t pump the Porsche there as much because they carry Audi R8s. The regular Porsche’s are just fine cars. No one gets their panties in a twist like u do.

more expensive parts in this case is just markup of Chinese parts passed through- it’s all relative. The interiors unless u fully upgrade them are sh*t compared to a stock Continental GT Supersports (also 650 hp ish) or Vanquish or even a LC500.

I just had the most lovely drive around the bay in my non-hypercar Z.

Last edited by Parcival; 02-10-2019 at 03:01 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To '19 Z06 vs. '19 ZR1

Old 02-10-2019, 03:03 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Yup, regular porsches are fine cars.

But a turbo 911 is something special, more special as in better than our non-hyper, non-supercar.......Z.

The porsche guys are eating their popcorn right now laughing at us. Well you guys LOL

Last edited by Z0HS1CK; 02-10-2019 at 03:03 PM.
Old 02-10-2019, 03:07 PM
Parcival
Drifting

Yup, regular porsches are fine cars.

But a turbo 911 is something special, more special as in better than our non-hyper, non-supercar.......Z.

The porsche guys are eating their popcorn right now laughing at us. Well you guys LOL
Yeah that sounds like one of RobZ typical opinions, for what they’re typically worth .

yeah porsche dealers and fanboys laughing- who cares abt others, I mean really?!

because I know you’re not talking about just plain owners of all kinds of cars of all cool cars. I said the turbo is a cool car but i mean I’m not going all crazy abt it.

I had the turbo in my wishlist but I’ve gotten spoiled by a spate of cool cars so it’s Mclaren or bust ( I may not get there) at this point. Except as i said, I’ll get a used Carrera S to replace my get-around- town Bmw.

Last edited by Parcival; 02-10-2019 at 03:13 PM.
Old 02-10-2019, 03:23 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Doesn't matter what you or anyone might think so and so car is cool or not. Doesn't matter if you or anyone might think a certain car is better to drive or not.

The discussion at hand is that people are assuming the corvette z06 is superior to a car like a 911 turbo. And that's only 1 car mentioned.

People are under the misunderstanding that a corvette z06 looks like a supercar, performs like one, so it is one. And that's where other car owners of higher stature with actual real supercars are laughing at us.

So yeah it doesn't matter if they're laughing at us, well you guys. The whole point is that how amusing it is for you owners to think your car is better.

And if you're not saying the z06 is better, then clearly you're agreeing with me in saying the other car, like the 911 turbo, IS better.

So why keep arguing? Just accept it.

Quick Reply: '19 Z06 vs. '19 ZR1