C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Fully built F1X Z06 running into fuel issues-any help appreciated

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 06:10 PM
xslangx
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Fully built F1X Z06 running into fuel issues-any help appreciated

Hey guys just figured I’d try and rack your guys brains. Before engine build car made 748whp and no fuel issues on e85 blend. After build only fuel side things that were changed were the addition of the WX port injection. We cannot get steady fuel pressure and under load car dips down to 15psi on low side readings and can’t over 5k rpm on dyno without running out of fuel. tried adjusting fuel pressure regulator on kit and still won’t hold steady fuel. My only thoughts are that the lines and extra volume in the fuel kit that was installed or creating a pressure drop and unsteady readings. Either that or the intake pump is going bad however when unplugging the fuses for the fuel pump on the WEAPON x kit the car seems to steady out idling a bit healthier as opposed to when it’s plugged in it seems more sporadic. What are you guys thoughts on why this could be happening , my next option is to put a mechanical gauge on the rail And see if I can figure it out that way because when I unplug The fuel pump fuse for the 2ndary it also powers down the connections for the fuel pressure gauge in the dash. Really pulling my hair out on this one spoke to church from Church automotive while I was getting it tuned and he’s confident something in the low side fuel system as the high-pressure rail is still seeing the designated psi it needs, just not feeding it enough fuel to keep it steady Sorry for my rushed demeanor in the video below but hope it gives you guys and idea thanks!

Last edited by xslangx; 02-04-2019 at 06:16 PM.
Old 02-05-2019, 10:37 AM
0Billy@MTI
Former Vendor

Received 263 Likes on 182 Posts

The fuel psi should be steady. You are going to hurt it if you keep beating on it. You have a flow issue
Billy

Last edited by Billy@MTI; 02-05-2019 at 10:37 AM.
Old 02-05-2019, 10:39 AM
xslangx
Instructor

Originally Posted by Billy@MTI
The fuel psi should be steady. You are going to hurt it if you keep beating on it. You have a flow issue
Billy
I’m babying it currently and redline is limited to 5k rpm on tune. If I adjust fpr pressure rises but won’t stay steady under load, any suggestions?
Old 02-05-2019, 10:40 AM
xslangx
Instructor

Billy
is it possible I need to boost reference the FPR or possibly could a check valve be malfunctioning inline? Sorry if the questions seem dumb I’m just trying to eliminate possible causes

Last edited by xslangx; 02-05-2019 at 10:40 AM.
Old 02-05-2019, 10:52 AM
0Billy@MTI
Former Vendor

Received 263 Likes on 182 Posts

Pump is bad or trash in pick up. It needs to be on a raising rate system
Old 02-05-2019, 10:54 AM
xslangx
Instructor

Pump is bad or trash in pick up. It needs to be on a raising rate system
Jesus I just noticed in the most inconspicuous placement on the poor install instructions that were combined to be a secondary fuel system and a Whipple supercharger install it said to tap Whipple for map and fpr reference wow. I read that freaking thing 100 times and missed it. Let’s give it a shot results soon

Last edited by xslangx; 02-05-2019 at 10:55 AM.
Old 02-05-2019, 12:59 PM
xslangx
Instructor

So adjusted fpr and the only way to keep it from crazy fluctuations is to set base at around 40 psi but that seems low even then so on peak boost it’s around 55 58 then occasional dips to 38ish. I can’t evem get it to duplicate the 70psi readings at idle in my posted video anymore, possibly indicative of pump failure or clogged filter ? guess I’ll check filter first ...
Old 02-06-2019, 12:21 AM
Drew27
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 46 Posts

What controller is activating fuel pump?

Is company you bought it from helping you?

Draw a diagram of complete fuel system and where check valves are.

Replace that "T" fitting by sensor with a "Y" fitting for better flow merging

Last edited by Drew27; 02-06-2019 at 12:22 AM.
Old 02-06-2019, 06:24 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 280 Likes on 213 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Did you see my setup? I agree with Drew also get a Y instead of T. Do you have -8AN lines dedicated for secondary port injection all the way from the rear to front? Not just tying into the factory line in back? Do you have a vacuum/boost line to regulator it should increase 1psi fuel per psi air (I go from 59 PSI to 78ish at WOT). Check my build thread I have some detailed pics of the entire low side. If I did anything overkill it was my low side. I put my flex fuel and fuel pressure sensor in the back of the fuel rails so it's a sort of "Dead Head return style" system. That way the smaller flex fuel ports don't limit my fuel flow. I have a dedicated -8an from MagnaFuel 850 pump in rear all the way to front which Y's into the regulator (don't forget a check valve to prevent fuel flow back through secondary pump when not on), then my regulator immediately feeds my stock DI + Y'ing to both port injection fuel rails. The HR Fueler (Holley system) kicks on the secondary fuel pump around 3psi I believe + 50% throttle.

Get notified of new replies

To Fully built F1X Z06 running into fuel issues-any help appreciated

Quick Reply: Fully built F1X Z06 running into fuel issues-any help appreciated