Notices
C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Factory defect or BS story

Old 02-11-2019, 03:42 PM
Road machine
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by BOBSZ06 View Post
You are correct on the seat heaters....been discussed many times....they are worthless. I have a `15 and have checked the temps after various periods of time. Take forever to get warm. Nothing wrong with your car it is normal.
My Seat heat is great and my air and heat are also fine.

Last edited by Road machine; 02-11-2019 at 03:43 PM.
Old 02-11-2019, 03:47 PM
blackbirdws6
CF Senior Member

Seat heaters are so so in mine. They get warm but definitely less so than those in my Sierra. As for the A/C, heat works just fine however with the cold, I will bottom out the thermo on "Lo" for the really hot days. Car cools off just fine even in the summer heat with the glass roof so I think its just a lazy programming logic to help keep the system living long term (lower fan speeds and reduced compressor cycles/loads).
Old 02-11-2019, 08:22 PM
383vett
CF Senior Member

Seat heaters on mine take 10 minutes before they get semi warm. Definitely not hot.
The Following User Says Thank You to 383vett For This Useful Post:
The Yav (Yesterday)
Old 02-14-2019, 01:57 AM
Batman 357
CF Senior Member

Chevrolet was supposed to call back today. Nothing. Not a good sign....
Old 02-14-2019, 05:00 PM
Batman 357
CF Senior Member

Official Chevrolet called today. They said the exhaust heats up the bottom of the car and that alters the temp sensors. The heaters sub par preformance is consistant with this car. They are not going to attempt any repair.

I'm shocked. I really thought they would make an effort to honor thier word. The owners manual does not say that. I don't do business with liars and crooks. We'll see...
Old 02-14-2019, 05:47 PM
dar02081961
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Batman 357 View Post
Official Chevrolet called today. They said the exhaust heats up the bottom of the car and that alters the temp sensors. The heaters sub par preformance is consistant with this car. They are not going to attempt any repair.

I'm shocked. I really thought they would make an effort to honor thier word. The owners manual does not say that. I don't do business with liars and crooks. We'll see...
No........this is not correct.
It doesn't matter where the sensors get their heat from they measure cabin interior temperature.
Like others have suggested it may be better if you get with the dealer and go sit in another C7 with the heater controls on the exact same settings and measure the interior temp.

However before you do this look into the HIVAC control settings on the center screen.
I don't have it in front of me but there are settings that control the max speed the system will allow for the automatic fan.
The factory default only allows the fan to go as high as medium speed in the automatic mode.
This is for A/C and heat. Change this setting to the maximum allowed.

Many folks who complain about A/C and heat have had decent results once this change is made in the settings menu.

Reason is the blower can not push enough volume of air to keep the set temp on really cold or really hot days with the fan running at only 50% speed.
The fan was defaulted this way from the factory in an effort to keep the cabin quiet. I think someone forgot there would be times when the fan needed to be at 100% to bring a cold cabin up to temp or bring a hot cabin down to temp.

Give this a try and please let us know how you came out.

Last edited by dar02081961; 02-14-2019 at 05:50 PM.
Old 02-14-2019, 09:37 PM
Batman 357
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by dar02081961 View Post
No........this is not correct.
It doesn't matter where the sensors get their heat from they measure cabin interior temperature.
Like others have suggested it may be better if you get with the dealer and go sit in another C7 with the heater controls on the exact same settings and measure the interior temp.

However before you do this look into the HIVAC control settings on the center screen.
I don't have it in front of me but there are settings that control the max speed the system will allow for the automatic fan.
The factory default only allows the fan to go as high as medium speed in the automatic mode.
This is for A/C and heat. Change this setting to the maximum allowed.

Many folks who complain about A/C and heat have had decent results once this change is made in the settings menu.

Reason is the blower can not push enough volume of air to keep the set temp on really cold or really hot days with the fan running at only 50% speed.
The fan was defaulted this way from the factory in an effort to keep the cabin quiet. I think someone forgot there would be times when the fan needed to be at 100% to bring a cold cabin up to temp or bring a hot cabin down to temp.

Give this a try and please let us know how you came out.
Okay three things. 1. Your missing the point. The dealer agrees that the heat does not get to the set temp. That has nothing to do with any other car on the lot.
2. The heat does not work as advertised and the company that sells the car will not stand behind thier product. That makes them a liar and crook to me.
3. If there was some fix in the controls the dealer and the second level customer service don't know about it. I doubt you have outsmarted them, however I appreciate the info and will look around.

Last edited by Batman 357; 02-14-2019 at 09:38 PM.
Old 02-15-2019, 03:42 PM
dar02081961
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Batman 357 View Post
Okay three things. 1. Your missing the point. The dealer agrees that the heat does not get to the set temp. That has nothing to do with any other car on the lot.
2. The heat does not work as advertised and the company that sells the car will not stand behind thier product. That makes them a liar and crook to me.
3. If there was some fix in the controls the dealer and the second level customer service don't know about it. I doubt you have outsmarted them, however I appreciate the info and will look around.
I see...so the dealer AND GM admit there is a problem with your car getting to the correct temp and the heat isn't working "as advertised"?

Yet they are telling you this is normal even though you and everyone else knows it is not AND they don't intend to do anything to fix the issue since they say its normal for a car not to get warm when the heat is on?

Sorry I cant help. They have contradicted themselves. Only one of the above statements by GM can be true.

Unbelievable!

Last edited by dar02081961; 02-15-2019 at 03:46 PM.
Old Yesterday, 07:13 PM
Batman 357
CF Senior Member

Yes, they admit it does not work as advertised and they are not going to make any effort to remedy the problem. I guess they would rather pay lawyer fees than warranty repairs. Sad. I used to be a fan.
Old Yesterday, 07:21 PM
pkincy
CF Senior Member

Lawyer's are expensive and generally the only person that wins in a dispute involving counsel is the lawyer. It seems the sane and smart thing to do would be to take it to a better dealer.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Factory defect or BS story

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: