C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Back from Thunderhill raceway (east) , new personal best! 2:02.6

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 01:18 AM
Pacembellum
Melting Slicks

Received 689 Likes on 507 Posts
Default Back from Thunderhill raceway (east) , new personal best! 2:02.6

Car setup:

2017 Z06 M7
DSC controller
BMS filter
borla x pipe
stage 3 aero with center wing in lowest position
DSC street/track alignment
cup 2 tires
st43 pads

Did my first track day of the season out at Thunderhill running the east track with bypass. Only had 3 hours sleep and the cold temps had me cautious in the first two sessions. I dropped one tire off track on an out lap once. the temperatures were very cold. It was 32 to 33° on the drive up and we started the morning around 38° air temp the first two sessions it really took a lot of time to get heat into the tires but wow the supercharger loves the cold air. Never felt it pull like that. was really pulling strongly traction control was kicking in on my 3-4 shift for the first time showing me down so I smoothed out my shift.

Even set my check airbag light off and got an onstar warming. Such a great car. Lots to learn on settling the car before turning on off camber turns and trusting the massive cup 2 potential. Had never ran cup 2’s before but I loved it.

This was my fourth day on this track and I dropped 5 seconds off my personal best from prior so I’m sitting at 2:02.6 now. I’m still overslowing most turns and then using too much throttle so I’m harder on the rear tires and slower than I should be but making improvements. I ran cup 2 tires are a great match for the ST43 raybestos pads compared to super sports. a buddy of mine (also forum member but I’ll let him point himself out if he wants) was also there with a z06 on super sports and stock pads and we were right on each other’s tails til he took a good pass on a slow car. I could brake a lot later than he could so I would catch him in braking zones. He’s a good driver and has a lot of track experience. I had the advantage of better tires and brakes. He was in an auto and it couldn’t pull away from me at all on the straights in fact if I had felt comfortable making a pass that would have been a great time for it. I focused on two corners one and 8 and really improved my entry speed on both.

The following users liked this post:
LagunaSecaZ06 (02-11-2019)
Old 02-11-2019, 02:20 AM
jbsblownc5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 897 Likes on 403 Posts
2017 C5 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '08

Congrats, sounds like you had a decent time out there!!
Old 02-11-2019, 09:01 AM
Pacembellum
Melting Slicks

Received 689 Likes on 507 Posts

Oh does anyone have an extra passenger side splitter extension, I broke mine on a stray cone

Get notified of new replies

To Back from Thunderhill raceway (east) , new personal best! 2:02.6

Quick Reply: Back from Thunderhill raceway (east) , new personal best! 2:02.6