C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Purchased Z06 that sat at dealer for 12 months

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 10:28 AM
Detroit_Bill
Racer

Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts

I worked for one of the big three for 15 years. For 10 of those years I called on car dealers every day. I administered warranty. I would not worry about a car sitting. Buying a leftover has a monetary benefit, that benefit will exceed any downside in my opinion.
That's what I hope to do.
Old 02-12-2019, 10:40 AM
Bajaholic
Burning Brakes

Received 388 Likes on 199 Posts

They are not really any different than those that were purchased, driven a couple times a year and mostly sit in the garage.

Only real difference is the warranty starts when you pay for the car. So those of us with garage queens watch the days of warranty go by as it sits looking pretty!

To put this into perspective, everyone gets goo-goo eyed for a low mileage 10+ year old car... Just saying...
The following users liked this post:
Z0HS1CK (02-12-2019)
Old 02-12-2019, 12:21 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,196 Likes on 2,141 Posts

I used to care about low mileage cars people have. Like oh wow such low miles that's awesome!!

Then I got older and I'm like wait a minute, that just means these people never use their car. It's just sitting there waiting for the perfect day when the birds are chirping and theres a rainbow lol.

Screw that. I learned that I never keep my cars longer than 5 years so I'm just using them the way it should be. Then moving on to the next toy.

Quick Reply: Purchased Z06 that sat at dealer for 12 months