C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

A loooooooong transformation

Old 02-16-2019, 07:38 PM
badhabit_wb
Safety Car

Received 911 Likes on 727 Posts

Looks great!
Old 02-16-2019, 09:49 PM
Garret
Race Director

Received 971 Likes on 457 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy

I looked at the car and I'm like something is different on this and looked funny...then it hit me, you yellowed the back air ducts
Old 02-16-2019, 09:51 PM
Toddiesel
Drifting

Received 398 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by Garret
I looked at the car and I'm like something is different on this and looked funny...then it hit me, you yellowed the back air ducts
Haha. Yes, I did. I mentioned that in the list of all the things I did in the original post :-)
Old 02-16-2019, 09:58 PM
Garret
Race Director

Received 971 Likes on 457 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by Toddiesel
Haha. Yes, I did. I mentioned that in the list of all the things I did in the original post :-)
I didn't read it...LOL....I'm all about pictures....haha
Old 02-16-2019, 10:00 PM
Toddiesel
Drifting

Originally Posted by Garret
I didn't read it...LOL....I'm all about pictures....haha
Haha. Fair enough. This is the thread where I was asking about body colored brake scoops, if you're interested https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ke-scoops.html
Old 02-17-2019, 08:41 AM
robertbruce
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,221 Likes on 1,580 Posts

Looks good!
The following users liked this post:
Toddiesel (02-17-2019)
Old 02-18-2019, 12:42 PM
Toddiesel
Drifting

I reached out to a local pro photographer to see about doing a photo shoot and dear god those people are expensive!! Has anyone gotten pro photos done and if so, what was the process and what was the hourly rate? I kinda feel like these people are blowing smoke up my ***.
Old 02-18-2019, 12:56 PM
FLEXjs
Le Mans Master

Received 661 Likes on 318 Posts

I reached out to a local pro photographer to see about doing a photo shoot and dear god those people are expensive!! Has anyone gotten pro photos done and if so, what was the process and what was the hourly rate? I kinda feel like these people are blowing smoke up my ***.
How much are they quoting you? There's a professional photographer I know that has done some photoshoots in my gym and he did some shots/vids of me training last year and he's been bugging me to do more but I have no interest in it, but I thought I might get him to do a shoot of the Vette with my SRT in the spring. Not looking to spend a fortune on it though....
Old 02-18-2019, 01:02 PM
Toddiesel
Drifting

Originally Posted by FLEXjs
How much are they quoting you? There's a professional photographer I know that has done some photoshoots in my gym and he did some shots/vids of me training last year and he's been bugging me to do more but I have no interest in it, but I thought I might get him to do a shoot of the Vette with my SRT in the spring. Not looking to spend a fortune on it though....
He quoted me $300 for a half hour session or $450 for a full hour. I was like "bish i'm a senior level network engineer with 6 years of education, over a decade of experience, and a stack of certs and I charge less that half that hourly rate when I'm consulting!" I mean sure, it takes SOME skill to take photos, but come on. How much training/education does that take, really?? Ridiculous.
Old 02-18-2019, 01:04 PM
FLEXjs
Le Mans Master

He quoted me $300 for a half hour session or $450 for a full hour.
Yeah; that's nuts. I'm gonna DM this dude and see how much he wants. brb.
Old 02-18-2019, 03:42 PM
pkincy
Safety Car

Received 645 Likes on 485 Posts

These were taken by a local Pro. Paid for by the wheel manufacturer as they were expanding their line from Lambos, Porsche's, etc. into the Vette community. Arranged by Gerry at CW4L. I have since scheduled him for some C7Z and ATS-V pics. His price is $450 for the shoot and the digital pictures. The shoot took about 90 minutes from the time I got to his chosen location. We actually did 2 locations within a mile of each other near Torrey Pines State Park.

Old 02-18-2019, 04:06 PM
FLEXjs
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by pkincy
These were taken by a local Pro.
buiriful
Old 02-19-2019, 06:32 AM
Toddiesel
Drifting

Originally Posted by pkincy
These were taken by a local Pro. Paid for by the wheel manufacturer as they were expanding their line from Lambos, Porsche's, etc. into the Vette community. Arranged by Gerry at CW4L. I have since scheduled him for some C7Z and ATS-V pics. His price is $450 for the shoot and the digital pictures. The shoot took about 90 minutes from the time I got to his chosen location. We actually did 2 locations within a mile of each other near Torrey Pines State Park.
Wow, yeah those are pretty fantastic. Really made your car quite glossy. That's still more than I want to spend, though that's cheaper than the other dude since he wants $450/hour and would only do one location (I assume. he didn't explicitly say that but that was what I gleaned)

And come to think of it, he didn't mention any digital processing at all. So he may not do any of that.

Last edited by Toddiesel; 02-19-2019 at 06:35 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A loooooooong transformation