C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

That f---ing Phil is a liar

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2019, 04:39 PM
VictorBarron
Drifting

Received 375 Likes on 264 Posts

Default That f---ing Phil is a liar

Live just outside St. Louis and we have about 3" of new snow and temps in the 20's. I thought Mr. Phill saw his shadow and all would be good. The Vette is still in hibernation.

Last edited by VictorBarron; 03-03-2019 at 04:40 PM.
Old 03-03-2019, 04:53 PM
ssmith512
Melting Slicks

Received 849 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by VictorBarron
Live just outside St. Louis and we have about 3" of new snow and temps in the 20's. I thought Mr. Phill saw his shadow and all would be good. The Vette is still in hibernation.

Tell me about it. My new Z is sitting at the courtesy delivery dealer right now. I am expecting them to call me this week to say it is all ready, PDI done, come pick it up. Well that is all great and everything, but now I am pretty certain that I will hire a flat bed to trailer the car home. Too many damn pot holes EVERYWHERE, and dont really want to cover the car in road salt and have it sit in the garage for the next month with road salt on it. I'm in Indy and we got the same weather as you. Just over an inch of new snow today and forecast of below zero wind chills tomorrow morning.

Somebody definitely needs to punch Phil in the face!
The following users liked this post:
VictorBarron (03-04-2019)
Old 03-03-2019, 04:57 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,200 Likes on 2,143 Posts

It snowed 5 inches yesterday. I cleared it enough to take the Z out this morning. It was pretty nice out. Sunny and about 46 degrees. Melted nearly all the snow.

But my car was filthy when i got home. So all i did was washed it before putting it back under it's cover.

Now we're expecting another 6-8 inches tonight. I just hope most of it melts by next weekend so i can take out the Z again. And i'll just wash it when i'm done again.

Why do people hibernate these cars? lol makes no sense. Just wash the car when you're done.
Old 03-03-2019, 05:00 PM
vettejeff
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 42 Posts

Ha come to Buffalo! If we are lucky we get 4 months of vette weather a year living in this shithole!! Six more winters of this crap and ill be in Clearwater beach permanently.
B&BVettes (03-03-2019)
Old 03-03-2019, 05:01 PM
Mr. Gizmo
Le Mans Master

Received 641 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by VictorBarron

quite a bit of snow in st. louis this year, that along with car jackings, drive by shootings and shootings on metro link. Its great to live in st. louis. lol!
VictorBarron (03-04-2019)
Old 03-03-2019, 05:03 PM
Monkey D. Luffy
Race Director

Received 716 Likes on 472 Posts

Yesterday was sunny and 55 degrees, Left Atlanta yesterday morning drove up to Tiger Ga. fed the Goats on the Roof, then up Hwy 28 to Fontana Dam & Cheoah Dam, then Tail of the Dragon over to Maryville for Dinner (at the Dinner Bell) then home. 12 hours of fun in the South !!

Goats on the Roof, Tiger, GA

Feeding the Goats on the Roof, Tiger, GA

Fontana Dam

Cheoah Dam

Tail of the Dragon

The Dinner Bell, Sweetwater, TN
Old 03-03-2019, 05:08 PM
Kracka
Le Mans Master

Received 5,712 Likes on 2,919 Posts

We moved from Prosper, TX up to South Dakota last fall...what a BRUTAL winter we're experiencing! I went and bought a Jeep so at least I can drive something fun while waiting for this never-ending winter to go away. My wife luckily works from home.

Last edited by Kracka; 03-03-2019 at 05:09 PM.
Old 03-03-2019, 05:33 PM
tertiumquid
Burning Brakes

Received 640 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by vettejeff
Ha come to Buffalo! If we are lucky we get 4 months of vette weather a year living in this shithole!! Six more winters of this crap and ill be in Clearwater beach permanently.
I lived in Buffalo for 38 years until we escaped to the South. I have to go back for a few days in early April. It better not snow....
vettejeff (03-04-2019)
Old 03-03-2019, 06:35 PM
Vegas1500
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 256 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by RobGZ06
It snowed 5 inches yesterday. I cleared it enough to take the Z out this morning. It was pretty nice out. Sunny and about 46 degrees. Melted nearly all the snow.

But my car was filthy when i got home. So all i did was washed it before putting it back under it's cover.

Now we're expecting another 6-8 inches tonight. I just hope most of it melts by next weekend so i can take out the Z again. And i'll just wash it when i'm done again.

Why do people hibernate these cars? lol makes no sense. Just wash the car when you're done.
because we have 6 months of snow and cold, and salt and gravel on the roads.
Old 03-03-2019, 08:01 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Originally Posted by Vegas1500
because we have 6 months of snow and cold, and salt and gravel on the roads.
And we have 4 months of that.

I just drove my car with salt covered roads today. Car didn't disintegrate. In fact it looks brand new after i washed it after i got done driving it.

Old 03-03-2019, 08:09 PM
tzoid9
Drifting

Received 417 Likes on 283 Posts

My family moved to Buffalo when I was in 6th grade back in the late 50's. Graduated from high school in '65 and was thrilled to get out of there. Went back in '15 for my 50th reunion and the city and the town I lived in (Williamsville) looked way much better. But, much like yourself, I live outside of Pittsburgh now and it's a coin flip which area has the sh*ttier weather....we're good for 5 or 6 months a year with Corvette weather, if we are very lucky! Hope to be able to convince my wife to move to FL or AZ pretty soon. Life is way too short to be living in one of these hell holes...maybe, just maybe, between 1/1 and 3/30 you get to see a half dozen sunny days . Barf!!!
vettejeff (03-04-2019)
Old 03-03-2019, 08:15 PM
B&BVettes
Burning Brakes

Received 256 Likes on 166 Posts

. Jeff, we’re in total agreement. Bev and I looking for something in Florida ourselves!
vettejeff (03-04-2019)
Old 03-03-2019, 08:34 PM
RegnaR
Burning Brakes

Received 228 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by RobGZ06

I would rather not risk someone crashing into my Corvette in the winter. That is why I have an AWD winter beater. When I move this summer I will get a set of A/S 3+ so the car does not ice skate when it's under 40 degrees.
Old 03-03-2019, 09:06 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Originally Posted by RegnaR
I would rather not risk someone crashing into my Corvette in the winter. That is why I have an AWD winter beater. When I move this summer I will get a set of A/S 3+ so the car does not ice skate when it's under 40 degrees.
A person can crash into your corvette when it's 35 degrees and a person can crash into your corvette when it's 85 degrees out. Temperature doesn't factor in an accident, luck does.

Plus i never said i don't know why you guys don't drive your corvettes in snowstorms, i won't even do that.

I'm just saying if it's dry out and clear, even if it's still winter, go take your car out for a drive, let the thing breathe. If it gets dirty, wash it when you get home.
Old 03-03-2019, 09:18 PM
tzoid9
Drifting

Received 417 Likes on 283 Posts

RobGZ06.......this is so profound..."A person can crash into your corvette when it's 35 degrees and a person can crash into your corvette when it's 85 degrees out. Temperature doesn't factor in an accident, luck does."
Old 03-03-2019, 09:21 PM
RegnaR
Burning Brakes

Received 228 Likes on 193 Posts

Temperature doesn't but the weather does. The car wash station where I live is closed for the winter so I would have to drive to a car wash and use one of the power washers there. It is not worth the hassle to drive to work in the Z in the winter. The parking sports are screwed up with snowbanks and tons of salt. I do take the car out on the weekends if it's clear and above freezing which it has not been since the first week of Feb....
Old 03-03-2019, 09:32 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Originally Posted by RegnaR
Temperature doesn't but the weather does. The car wash station where I live is closed for the winter so I would have to drive to a car wash and use one of the power washers there. It is not worth the hassle to drive to work in the Z in the winter. The parking sports are screwed up with snowbanks and tons of salt. I do take the car out on the weekends if it's clear and above freezing which it has not been since the first week of Feb....
Idk, i still don't see how you can't drive it. But i get it, everyone treats their car differently. Not trying to force anyone to drive their cars in winter, i'm just laughing at those who don't.

I have summer tires on and i drive the car, if the roads are dry. I don't care if it's 10 degrees out. Not every drive requires to drive like jeff gordon. You can just drive, just to get everything up to temp, hear the amazing exhaust, watch people stare at the car and smile. How do you people neglect that feeling 4-5 months of the year? lol it's crazy.

Btw, i don't have a car wash station near me. I do all my car washing myself. I don't have a garage. I have a driveway. I hook up my hose from the inside kitchen faucet and run the hose out of the window, there's my warm water for the winter washing.

If i can do it, anyone can.

Get notified of new replies

To That f---ing Phil is a liar

Old 03-03-2019, 09:47 PM
Carvin
Melting Slicks

Received 526 Likes on 354 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16

May go below zero near Chicago tonight
Old 03-03-2019, 09:51 PM
9c1ny
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

I lived in Buffalo (southtowns) most of my life until I moved out to Oregon 5yrs ago, after 5 winters we finally got a foot last week, only the 3rd time I've seen snow here
I don't miss the snow nor do I miss paying sales tax
Old 03-03-2019, 10:51 PM
chevyvette1
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 348 Likes on 163 Posts

Sorry to hear about the winters..... I lived most of my life in Wisconsin so I understand your pain...... Now live in sunny Az... Here in Tucson for Monday mid 70's......Tues, Wed, and Thu, they are calling for mid 80's.... sure do not miss the Midwest winters....

Quick Reply: That f---ing Phil is a liar