C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Z06 smoke show/burn out

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2019, 01:29 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,926 Likes on 5,332 Posts

Originally Posted by Broker23
This is what makes the car fun to drive in my opinion..I was about to sell this thing if I couldn't drive it the way I wanted to.. It dont make sense to have this kind of power regulated .She will get sideways really quick. I can now see how a inexperienced drive would wreck one of these cars
If you really want to have fun with the car take it to a road course and find out how fast it is around a track. Passes just about everything except the gas pump. Just burning off rubber basically standing still is sort of a bore. The cornering, braking and acceleration are all phenomenal on a Z06.

Bill
Old 03-11-2019, 10:24 AM
Broker23
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
If you really want to have fun with the car take it to a road course and find out how fast it is around a track. Passes just about everything except the gas pump. Just burning off rubber basically standing still is sort of a bore. The cornering, braking and acceleration are all phenomenal on a Z06.

Bill
Trust me I will have it on the track this summer .
I live less then 10 minutes away from Autobahn
Country Club. I do know there is a slight lag in acceleration with all C7 Corvettes.. I'm not sure what the fix is but I believe people have tired just about everything they can think of..
Old 03-11-2019, 10:54 AM
Toddiesel
Drifting

Received 400 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by djnice
I have a manual now, but one thing I miss about the auto is getting fishtailing and drifting in first and then hitting second and continuing the drifting without interruption. The fast shift and continuous delivery of power is great.
You can absolutely do that in a manual, especially if you're running the stock tires. You don't even have to speed shift, just shift quickly. Gotta turn traction control off though

Trust me I will have it on the track this summer .
I live less then 10 minutes away from Autobahn
Country Club. I do know there is a slight lag in acceleration with all C7 Corvettes.. I'm not sure what the fix is but I believe people have tired just about everything they can think of..
I'm not sure to what you're referring. I have no lag in my acceleration. Maybe it's an automatic thing? If it is, not all C7s are automatics, so it's definitely not ALL C7s
Old 03-11-2019, 11:04 AM
Broker23
Advanced

Originally Posted by Toddiesel
You can absolutely do that in a manual, especially if you're running the stock tires. You don't even have to speed shift, just shift quickly. Gotta turn traction control off though

I'm not sure to what you're referring. I have no lag in my acceleration. Maybe it's an automatic thing? If it is, not all C7s are automatics, so it's definitely not

ALL C7s
Its all automatic c7 its kike a 1 second delay before it kicks in
Old 03-11-2019, 11:15 AM
Toddiesel
Drifting

Received 400 Likes on 258 Posts

Its all automatic c7 its kike a 1 second delay before it kicks in
Gross. Guess that's the price you pay for being lazy! :-p
Old 03-11-2019, 11:44 AM
Broker23
Advanced

Originally Posted by Toddiesel
Gross. Guess that's the price you pay for being lazy! :-p
Lol nope it's the price to keep the wife happy so she can drive it too Happy Wife Happy Life

Last edited by Broker23; 03-11-2019 at 12:27 PM.
Old 03-11-2019, 12:25 PM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Received 1,505 Likes on 1,027 Posts

OP have you sorted everything out now?

Last edited by Thomasmoto; 03-11-2019 at 12:37 PM.
Old 03-11-2019, 12:29 PM
Broker23
Advanced

Originally Posted by Thomasmoto
Have you sorted everything out now?
Yes Thanks car's at dealer now installing Borla off road X Pipe & Borla Atak cat back. I'm still on the fence about cold air intake. I have a K&N drop in filter now. I also have the GM Performance intake that I'm going to sell
Old 03-11-2019, 12:39 PM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Received 1,505 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Default Z06

Yes Thanks car's at dealer now installing Borla off road X Pipe & Borla Atak cat back. I'm still on the fence about cold air intake. I have a K&N drop in filter now. I also have the GM Performance intake that I'm going to sell
I put a Haltech on at the same time as when we did the cam. I really don't think it's of much benefit. If I had it to do again I wouldn't spend the money on it. Your drop in filter is good enough.
JMHO
Old 03-11-2019, 12:55 PM
Broker23
Advanced

Originally Posted by Thomasmoto
I put a Haltech on at the same time as when we did the cam. I really don't think it's of much benefit. If I had it to do again I wouldn't spend the money on it. Your drop in filter is good enough.
JMHO
This is what I'm thinking too . It woke the car up thats for sure hoping exhaust will make it a little louder and Im done spending money. I've spent close $30'000 on this car since I bought it in December... It adds up fast

Clear bra 60% of car was done
K40
K&N Filter
Borla X Pipe
Borla Atak
All Carbon Fiber spoiler, splitter,Hood Vent, side skirts, Front wheel extensions
Strasse Carbon Fiber Wheels Still being Manufactured
This list keeps going

Last edited by Broker23; 03-11-2019 at 12:56 PM.
Old 03-11-2019, 10:36 PM
Big Lebowski
Le Mans Master

Received 3,980 Likes on 1,673 Posts

I haven't had the Z on the track yet but justfrom street driving I can already tell this thing wont hold a corner for $hit it's all around very loose Please kind in mind I'm comparing this to my 2018 Lamborghini Huracan Spyder Performante
Riiight. Because driving a Z06 with Summer tires in sub 30 degree temps in Chicago in March is such a great indicator of how it will perform when the tires are warmed up on a track.
Old 03-11-2019, 11:01 PM
Big Lebowski
Le Mans Master

Trust me I will have it on the track this summer. I live less then 10 minutes away from Autobahn Country Club. I do know there is a slight lag in acceleration with all C7 Corvettes.. I'm not sure what the fix is but I believe people have tired just about everything they can think of..
OK, you officially sound completely full of crap. Why did you even buy a C7 Z06 if it “corners like $h*t” and you know “all C7 Corvettes” have a lag in acceleration? Just curious.

Old 03-12-2019, 03:09 AM
Broker23
Advanced

Originally Posted by Big Lebowski
OK, you officially sound completely full of crap. Why did you even buy a C7 Z06 if it “corners like $h*t” and you know “all C7 Corvettes” have a lag in acceleration? Just curious.

Because it's a great street car and will be my daily drive that's WHY. I also didn't buy this as a track car.Do me a favor step your game up and spend a few hundred thousand dollars more on top of what you paid for your 2017 Vette and then come talk to me about how it handles..I will bet you anything you want that you will agree with me then.This car has so much body roll compared to other high end sports car's in my opinion . Look your a die hard Vette Nut and that's ok but for the love of God dont take it personal. But when you tell me I'm full of crap I take that personal....

Yes they have a slight hesitation/lag Aka Throttle Response call it what you want but the A8 has it .
Your a senior member go troll this forum about it
I'm not the first person and I wont be the the last person to bring this up

Last edited by Broker23; 03-12-2019 at 05:21 AM.
Old 03-12-2019, 03:31 AM
Broker23
Advanced

Originally Posted by Big Lebowski
Riiight. Because driving a Z06 with Summer tires in sub 30 degree temps in Chicago in March is such a great indicator of how it will perform when the tires are warmed up on a track.
Again The car a lot of body roll compared to other high end cars. I think we both know we can't judge the car in 30° temp's however if the car has a lot of body roll thats a great indicator how it will corner on a track and the temperature has nothing to do with it..

Let me quess your car don't have any body roll
Just like your 2016 Auto didn't have any Throttle Lag

Last edited by Broker23; 03-12-2019 at 05:23 AM.
Old 03-12-2019, 08:30 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,926 Likes on 5,332 Posts

Again The car a lot of body roll compared to other high end cars. I think we both know we can't judge the car in 30° temp's however if the car has a lot of body roll thats a great indicator how it will corner on a track and the temperature has nothing to do with it..

Let me quess your car don't have any body roll
Just like your 2016 Auto didn't have any Throttle Lag
Don't know about body roll but the car gets around the track better and faster than a lot of the other high priced cars.

Here are a couple of pics of my cornering at VIR. If you notice there is some air under the inside wheels.

Bill
Old 03-12-2019, 09:35 PM
Broker23
Advanced

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
Don't know about body roll but the car gets around the track better and faster than a lot of the other high priced cars.

Here are a couple of pics of my cornering at VIR. If you notice there is some air under the inside wheels.

Bill
Bill

Great photos of the car in my opinion photo 1 shows body roll or as you call it air . Im not knocking the Vette its a great car for the price. I quess I set my standards higher then I should have for the Z06
I think I'm going to buy the ZR1 thats way more of a track car and holds a lot of records... I purchased the Vette as a street car to play around in
Old 03-12-2019, 10:21 PM
Big Lebowski
Le Mans Master

Because it's a great street car and will be my daily drive that's WHY. I also didn't buy this as a track car. Do me a favor step your game up and spend a few hundred thousand dollars more on top of what you paid for your 2017 Vette and then come talk to me about how it handles...I will bet you anything you want that you will agree with me then. This car has so much body roll compared to other high end sports car's in my opinion . Look your a die hard Vette Nut and that's ok but for the love of God dont take it personal. But when you tell me I'm full of crap I take that personal....
Broker, do me a favor and please TRY and sound like more of a pompous snob. Name dropping track time at the “Autobahn”, your Lambo, laundry list of upgrades & condescension towards the Corvette isn't that impressive. I don’t take your comments personally because you sound like someone looks down your nose at most people in your life, yet for some reason you feel the need to BS and brag your way through most conversations here. Go figure. Have blast man, but stop trying so damn hard.

Old 03-12-2019, 11:03 PM
Broker23
Advanced

[QUOTE=Big Lebowski;1599035422]Broker, do me a favor and please TRY and sound like more of a pompous snob. Name dropping track time at the “Autobahn”, your Lambo, laundry list of upgrades & condescension towards the Corvette isn't that impressive. I don’t take your comments personally because you sound like someone looks down your nose at most people in your life, yet for some reason you feel the need to BS and brag your way through most conversations here. Go figure. Have blast man, but stop trying so damn hard.

[/QUOTE

Hey every ******* has an opinion. I only stated the fact I own the car so I must like it ... There are things I dont like about so I was speaking my mind..as far as my list of upgrades go a lot members post their upgrades. So they must be a pompous snob too Im sorry if you dont have any upgrades... I dont look down my nose at anyone and I sure dont have to brag. Hey buddy enjoy your Vette Best of Luck

Last edited by Broker23; 03-12-2019 at 11:37 PM.

Quick Reply: Z06 smoke show/burn out