C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

FYREANT’s Boosted 2014 C7 on the Dyno for tuning at Late Model Racecraft

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2019, 03:01 PM
Late Model Racecraft
Supporting Vendor

Received 629 Likes on 327 Posts

Default FYREANT’s Boosted 2014 C7 on the Dyno for tuning at Late Model Racecraft

This 2014 C7 Stingray was shown some love when owner Anthony Buonanoma, aka FYREANT fully built the motor with forged internals, upgraded valve train with all the trimmings, a stage 3 cam, A&A Corvette YSI blower, long tube headers, meth injection, and a full custom dyno tune here at the shop. Contact us to get your C7 making crazy power like this today!

Hope I am not spoiling the surprise for Anthony but here ya go guys........1016rwhp on 93oct and meth and 1040rwhp with 35%E......

Anthony should be super proud of this build. He built a car and drove it over 13hrs to my shop to be tuned with zero issues on the road. We worked on little things at the shop but nothing major. By the end of the day Friday she was making solid back to back passes over 1000rwhp and then Anthony drove her all the way back to Florida with zero issues. I am sure he will chime in soon....Again, Congrats on a killer car Anthony, I know you will enjoy her!!

Current C7 World Record Holder 7.55 @ 184 MPH

Quickest and Fastest GEN5 LT Powered Vehicle
LMR1200HP Supercharged C7 8.84 @ 160
LMR1200HP Twin Turbo C7 9.35@155mph-2014
2 TIME OUTLAW DRAG RADIAL LSX CHAMPION 2008/2010
9.47 ZR1 Corvette-2009
LATE MODEL RACECRAFT
713-466-9900
LateModelRacecraft.com

Too many PMs, please call or email instead, thanks!
The following users liked this post:
Mikec7z (03-11-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 03:08 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Received 647 Likes on 510 Posts

good to see your car running Ant, what did you end up doing on the in tank fuel system? Did the 19 pump ever work out, or is it truly not compatible with previous year cars?
Old 03-11-2019, 04:00 PM
TorchZ51
Racer

Received 94 Likes on 65 Posts

Wow, crazy power! What tire are you running to keep the car on the road?
Old 03-11-2019, 07:40 PM
rflow306
Racer

Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Late Model Racecraft
This 2014 C7 Stingray was shown some love when owner Anthony Buonanoma, aka FYREANT fully built the motor with forged internals, upgraded valve train with all the trimmings, a stage 3 cam, A&A Corvette YSI blower, long tube headers, meth injection, and a full custom dyno tune here at the shop. Contact us to get your C7 making crazy power like this today!

Hope I am not spoiling the surprise for Anthony but here ya go guys........1016rwhp on 93oct and meth and 1040rwhp with 35%E......

Anthony should be super proud of this build. He built a car and drove it over 13hrs to my shop to be tuned with zero issues on the road. We worked on little things at the shop but nothing major. By the end of the day Friday she was making solid back to back passes over 1000rwhp and then Anthony drove her all the way back to Florida with zero issues. I am sure he will chime in soon....Again, Congrats on a killer car Anthony, I know you will enjoy her!!

https://youtu.be/kwB3ffdb7-U
Congrats Anthony, awesome build !
Old 03-11-2019, 08:59 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Thank you everyone, my C7 and I have been on quite the journey I've taken it through its many build phases over the last 5 years. It's been absolutely rewarding to work on her and change her to be exactly how I want her and to share my experiences with all of you along the way. This stage of the build was no different in that regard, just that this time she took a little bit longer to get ready to go out for our big date so to speak lol.

I really have to tell the tale of my trip to Texas, my experience with Late Model Racecraft and how this all came to be. It Actually starts with CF member C7&7 offering to come to FL to help me pull the motor in the car for the first engine build 2 years ago. Since then I've flown over there to visit, went to TX2K with him, and then flown back over again in August to help him do the conversion of his seats from the GT to Comp seats which we did in the lobby of LMR might I add haha. LMR built Tim's car to the badass monster that it is today and during some of the phases of his build when I was in Texas we made multiple trips down to LMR's shop. So, I'd gotten to meet the team there multiple times and found that they really were just a great group of guys that are just real car guys at heart. This was something I picked up on instantly and is the primary reason I chose to drive my car halfway across the country to have them do the tuning, to give my car that special sauce that, in my opinion, is what truly makes a build like this shine.

I left FL on Monday morning 3/4/19 and got to Houston on the night of 3/5/19. I arrived at the shop on Wednesday morning for my appointment and they were ready to get started. There were a few things that we had some issues with along the way such as belt slip, boost leaks, rubbing fuel lines, all of which we were able to correct pretty easily once identified. My car spent three days, THREE DAYS on the dyno for us to get all the kinks worked out because Steven wouldn't let me leave until the car was right. He kept telling me "dude, you drove all the way from Florida, we're gonna make sure its right for you....". That right there is a quality of service you just cannot buy nowadays. It's also the reason that they are now the only shop I will let touch my car in any way. Because I know whatever they work on, they won't let it leave until its right. So, hats off to them for the exceptional service and for making me feel like I am part of the family at LMR.

Many of you have followed my build threads, my HOW TO guides and I've had the please of helping many of you through PM's on your very own builds. So I'd like to thank all of you for coming on this long ride with me and keeping me inspired and motivated in finishing my build! And also thanks to Cajun and Yve at EdgyVette for their help in procuring many of the parts that made this build possible!

I'm not done with this car yet, next we are gonna try and see if we can set the C7 M7 world record in the 1/4 mile. Hopefully soon at that!

Ant

Last edited by FYREANT; 03-11-2019 at 08:59 PM.
Mikec7z (03-11-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 09:01 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Mikec7z
good to see your car running Ant, what did you end up doing on the in tank fuel system? Did the 19 pump ever work out, or is it truly not compatible with previous year cars?
Mike, thanks man. I ended up abandoning the ZR1 intank pump project. IT was too much work for potentially not enough payoff so I went with an auxiliary system instead.

Originally Posted by TorchZ51
Wow, crazy power! What tire are you running to keep the car on the road?
Right now I'm on some old Nitto NT05R's but they won't hold. Its gonna be some MT ET Street R's for sure and at some point a 15" conversion.

Originally Posted by rflow306
Congrats Anthony, awesome build !
Thanks Albert, I couldn't have built the rear end without you!!

Ant
The following 2 users liked this post by FYREANT:
JHEBERT (03-11-2019), Mikec7z (03-11-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 10:56 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

curious which low side fuel system you went with and the reasons you thought it was the best choice

Also, i wish i was closer to texas myself, i have felt for a decade almost that the texas boys care more about doing these cars right than any other area. LMR does a great job, cool to hear they took such good care of you

Also, im curious why you did not run full e85 so the car is tuned for the full spectrum and let the flex sensor do the rest?... lack of fuel pumps/flow to keep up?

Last edited by Mikec7z; 03-11-2019 at 11:08 PM.
Old 03-11-2019, 11:18 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

curious which low side fuel system you went with and the reasons you thought it was the best choice

Also, i wish i was closer to texas myself, i have felt for a decade almost that the texas boys care more about doing these cars right than any other area. LMR does a great job, cool to hear they took such good care of you

Also, im curious why you did not run full e85 so the car is tuned for the full spectrum and let the flex sensor do the rest?... lack of fuel pumps/flow to keep up?
I have the DSX low side system. It could not keep up at my power level. It is rated for full E85 at around 850HP I believe. I was able to get a stable flow at around E30 before it dropped too low at my power level. I chose this vs others based on cost and simplicity of install.
Mikec7z (03-11-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 11:36 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

does it drill the tank or does it run in series with the existing in tank pump on the line coming out of the tank?
Old 03-11-2019, 11:41 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

does it drill the tank or does it run in series with the existing in tank pump on the line coming out of the tank?
Both. It sumps the tank, goes to a pump, and then injects it inline with the existing line from the stock system.
Mikec7z (03-11-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 11:44 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

cool, so it is in parallel then. I wonder if you can get a larger pump to put in its place?

Also, be careful with your plate being visible on your video, see azgasser's thread for further explanation, i dont want to be freaking everyone out, but its the truth.

Last edited by Mikec7z; 03-11-2019 at 11:49 PM.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:08 AM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

cool, so it is in parallel then. I wonder if you can get a larger pump to put in its place?

Also, be careful with your plate being visible on your video, see azgasser's thread for further explanation, i dont want to be freaking everyone out, but its the truth.
I'm not sure what thread you're talking about. Maybe PM it to me?
Old 03-12-2019, 12:17 AM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...d-build-2.html
FYREANT (03-12-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 12:26 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Hey Ant, I need your help...

I am trying to solve if the Fore dual pump hanger can hold 2 19 z06 pumps if I jump into a 19 z soon.

1. Do you know if the pumps are the same physical shape and size or did it change from the 18 and priors?

2. Do you know if the fuel pump control module has changed (i believe this is a yes) Fore, who i just spoke to on the phone, had not realized the pumps had changed, and they told me that if the pump control module has changed, it causes them headaches, that they have to solve for... no pun intended.
Old 03-13-2019, 12:51 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Hey Ant, I need your help...

I am trying to solve if the Fore dual pump hanger can hold 2 19 z06 pumps if I jump into a 19 z soon.

1. Do you know if the pumps are the same physical shape and size or did it change from the 18 and priors?

2. Do you know if the fuel pump control module has changed (i believe this is a yes) Fore, who i just spoke to on the phone, had not realized the pumps had changed, and they told me that if the pump control module has changed, it causes them headaches, that they have to solve for... no pun intended.
I have a 19’ Z06 pump here but I don’t have a pre 19’ to compare to. I would have to think they are the same and the control module is all thats different as all it does is regulate the fuel to a lower PSI until its commanded to go higher. This helps keep the pump cooler and less likely to overheat and sieze up like some have had happen.
Mikec7z (03-13-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 02:26 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

those were my thoughts also. Fore is also checking with their connections at GM.

People may suggest to just run the older control module and older pumps and use the normal double hanger setup from Fore, but if the 19 pumps aren't compatible with 18s and prior, then the 18 pumps and prior probably are not compatible with the 19s. Although, perhaps since fore uses their own controller and it matches the old pumps, it would work on the 19's? Either way, i cant see myself putting the old pumps into a 19. Having 2 19 pumps is going to be amazing for e85 consumption rates.

Thank you buddy.
FYREANT (03-13-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 04:34 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

those were my thoughts also. Fore is also checking with their connections at GM.

People may suggest to just run the older control module and older pumps and use the normal double hanger setup from Fore, but if the 19 pumps aren't compatible with 18s and prior, then the 18 pumps and prior probably are not compatible with the 19s. Although, perhaps since fore uses their own controller and it matches the old pumps, it would work on the 19's? Either way, i cant see myself putting the old pumps into a 19. Having 2 19 pumps is going to be amazing for e85 consumption rates.

Thank you buddy.
well if you need a 19 pump, I got one here thats about to go up in the FS section since I don’t need it.
Mikec7z (03-13-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 04:39 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

haha, im still a ways out, i dont have my car yet... im trying to decide it i want a 19 or a more loaded up 18.

If the 19 does not do the double in tank pump, then i might go back to an 18, not sure yet.
FYREANT (03-13-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To FYREANT’s Boosted 2014 C7 on the Dyno for tuning at Late Model Racecraft

Quick Reply: FYREANT’s Boosted 2014 C7 on the Dyno for tuning at Late Model Racecraft