Notices
C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Callaway 757

 
Old 03-12-2019, 06:27 PM
  #1  
manasota2565
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Jul 2018
Location: Colorado
Posts: 8
Thanked 13 Times in 4 Posts
Default Callaway 757

OK, I know this has been done and am prepared to be told how I wasted my money, or no bang for the buck, Ad infinitum. But I feel compelled to put in a plug for the crew at Callaway Cars. I am very pleased and more than satisfied with the process, the product and the cost. I've owned several Corvettes thru the yrs. A 3rd owner '62, a fully restored '71, a new '79, '92, '02... deciding after moving to Colorado from Florida I'd never own one again due to the climate and roads. After renting a '16 on a Fl trip I decided that was over, buying a new '17 z51 and then a '19 Z06. Living at 5500' or 7500' zaps the power significantly. Even though the Z06 was still impressive, I decided to do the Callaway conversion. Pushing 68yrs, I can still turn a wrench when necessary and refuse to trust the oil change guy at the dealership... and though she is not a daily driver I have no desire to tinker regularly on my Corvette. ( I have a couple motorcycles, jeep and boat to scratch that dubious itch)
The decision to choose Callaway was rooted their history, length of time in business, reputation and warranty meshing with GM's. I liked the degree of extra cooling with the addition of the 3rd intercooler in the S/C housing, greater coolant capacity, higher flow water pump and larger heat exchanger. The power delivery is as smooth or violent as you foot dictates. The installation is exceedingly professional and tidy and certainly equal to or exceeding OEM level of quality. And I like the fact that the S/C is turning less RPM to produce the power more easily with less heat and the entire package is what I consider an excellent mix of significant added power while maintaining a high degree of reliability... not trying to get maximum HP for bragging rights.
The added power never disappoints and I look forward to taking a road trip to sea level to get back the HP sapped by my altitude. ( My grin factor of added power was relative to the increase of the Z06 ... at altitude also )
Shout out to Chris Chessnoe, professional and if not immediately available, always quick with a return call, my initial contact. Joanne, always there with efficient, informed assistance and unmatched pleasance; and especially Pete Callaway who oversaw the conversion in Temecula, possesses a wealth of information, professionalism, a reassuring demeanor that will embue one with the trust and confidence they will treat your car as they would their own.
Count me as an extremely satisfied customer and happy to be part of the Callaway family of owners!
manasota2565 is offline  
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to manasota2565 For This Useful Post:
breakskeet (03-13-2019), Callaway Chris (03-13-2019), JHEBERT (03-13-2019), jstewart (03-13-2019), Mikec7z (03-13-2019), SLWRNU (03-13-2019), SurfnSun (03-12-2019), trooper (03-13-2019)
Old 03-12-2019, 11:45 PM
  #2  
devojrx7
CF Senior Member
 
devojrx7's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2013
Location: North Little Rock Arkansas
Posts: 120
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Pics, dyno, info on your build? Iím glad youíre happy, but your post was this big build up and then let down.
devojrx7 is offline  
Old 03-13-2019, 02:21 AM
  #3  
manasota2565
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Jul 2018
Location: Colorado
Posts: 8
Thanked 13 Times in 4 Posts
Default






manasota2565 is offline  
Old 03-13-2019, 02:26 AM
  #4  
manasota2565
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Jul 2018
Location: Colorado
Posts: 8
Thanked 13 Times in 4 Posts
Default




The 'build' is their run of the mill SC 757 pkg. Rather than reiterate, their info is available at their info is available at their website, or CallawayCars.com and Chris Chesenoe has a ton of posts on this forum.

Last edited by manasota2565; 03-13-2019 at 02:31 AM. Reason: Pic Add
manasota2565 is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to manasota2565 For This Useful Post:
jstewart (03-13-2019), Mikec7z (03-13-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 07:27 AM
  #5  
breakskeet
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
breakskeet's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2008
Location: Rattlesnake, FL
Posts: 1,049
Thanked 107 Times in 72 Posts
Default

I'm completely with you man. I have a Callaway Z06 757 and a Camaro ZL1 1LE 750. Great product, great company, great people. Couldn't be happier.

Come back to Florida!
breakskeet is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to breakskeet For This Useful Post:
manasota2565 (03-13-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 10:09 AM
  #6  
Callaway Chris
Platinum Supporting Vendor
 
Callaway Chris's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2001
Location: Callaway Cars - Old Lyme, Connecticut
Posts: 5,873
Thanked 518 Times in 317 Posts
Default

Thank you for the feedback and for your purchase. Here's to driving fast, often.
Callaway Chris is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Callaway Chris For This Useful Post:
manasota2565 (03-13-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 11:56 AM
  #7  
manasota2565
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Jul 2018
Location: Colorado
Posts: 8
Thanked 13 Times in 4 Posts
Default

You bet Breakskeet. I have my place there, sold it and was just about to get another, but life has thrown a wrench in the works for a bit. Yes, bummed I can't drive her for a bit. Lasy year the snow was so little I was driving my other one every month. This year we've been BOMBED, but we needed it. However I can get her out when I need to and go south?

Pulls like a dream!
manasota2565 is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to manasota2565 For This Useful Post:
breakskeet (03-13-2019), Mikec7z (03-13-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 11:59 AM
  #8  
manasota2565
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Jul 2018
Location: Colorado
Posts: 8
Thanked 13 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Absolutely Chris, anytime someone is on the fence I'm happy to be a reference or take a call !

Last edited by manasota2565; 03-13-2019 at 12:00 PM.
manasota2565 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to manasota2565 For This Useful Post:
Callaway Chris (03-13-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 04:49 PM
  #9  
JHEBERT
CF Senior Member
 
JHEBERT's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,169
Thanked 223 Times in 165 Posts
Default

Welcome to the hole in-the-hood gang
JHEBERT is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JHEBERT For This Useful Post:
manasota2565 (03-14-2019), Mikec7z (03-13-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 06:12 PM
  #10  
Monkey D. Luffy
CF Senior Member
 
Monkey D. Luffy's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2007
Location: Powder Springs GA
Posts: 10,329
Thanked 270 Times in 190 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by JHEBERT View Post
Welcome to the hole in-the-hood gang
The hole in the hood is the only reason I won't get 757 package. I wish Callaway would make a hood that covered the supercharger
Monkey D. Luffy is offline  
Old 03-13-2019, 07:21 PM
  #11  
breakskeet
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
breakskeet's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2008
Location: Rattlesnake, FL
Posts: 1,049
Thanked 107 Times in 72 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Monkey D. Luffy View Post
The hole in the hood is the only reason I won't get 757 package. I wish Callaway would make a hood that covered the supercharger
Is it because you don't like the look? The hood is functional for supercharger and engine cooling.
breakskeet is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to breakskeet For This Useful Post:
manasota2565 (03-14-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 08:55 PM
  #12  
Mikec7z
CF Senior Member
 
Mikec7z's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2018
Posts: 2,288
Thanked 386 Times in 309 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Monkey D. Luffy View Post
The hole in the hood is the only reason I won't get 757 package. I wish Callaway would make a hood that covered the supercharger
ACS composites has a nice one that almost looks stock
Mikec7z is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Mikec7z For This Useful Post:
Monkey D. Luffy (03-14-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 09:57 PM
  #13  
Callaway DrDon
CF Senior Member
 
Callaway DrDon's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2016
Location: Oxford Maryland
Posts: 329
Thanked 59 Times in 37 Posts
Default

Hope to see you parked with the Callaway owners group at Carlisle! Enjoy your ride, l love mine.
Callaway DrDon is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Callaway DrDon For This Useful Post:
Callaway Chris (03-14-2019), manasota2565 (03-14-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 10:31 PM
  #14  
salcolkat
CF Senior Member
 
salcolkat's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2018
Location: Goldens bridge NY
Posts: 340
Thanked 109 Times in 76 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by manasota2565 View Post
OK, I know this has been done and am prepared to be told how I wasted my money, or no bang for the buck, Ad infinitum. But I feel compelled to put in a plug for the crew at Callaway Cars. I am very pleased and more than satisfied with the process, the product and the cost. I've owned several Corvettes thru the yrs. A 3rd owner '62, a fully restored '71, a new '79, '92, '02... deciding after moving to Colorado from Florida I'd never own one again due to the climate and roads. After renting a '16 on a Fl trip I decided that was over, buying a new '17 z51 and then a '19 Z06. Living at 5500' or 7500' zaps the power significantly. Even though the Z06 was still impressive, I decided to do the Callaway conversion. Pushing 68yrs, I can still turn a wrench when necessary and refuse to trust the oil change guy at the dealership... and though she is not a daily driver I have no desire to tinker regularly on my Corvette. ( I have a couple motorcycles, jeep and boat to scratch that dubious itch)
The decision to choose Callaway was rooted their history, length of time in business, reputation and warranty meshing with GM's. I liked the degree of extra cooling with the addition of the 3rd intercooler in the S/C housing, greater coolant capacity, higher flow water pump and larger heat exchanger. The power delivery is as smooth or violent as you foot dictates. The installation is exceedingly professional and tidy and certainly equal to or exceeding OEM level of quality. And I like the fact that the S/C is turning less RPM to produce the power more easily with less heat and the entire package is what I consider an excellent mix of significant added power while maintaining a high degree of reliability... not trying to get maximum HP for bragging rights.
The added power never disappoints and I look forward to taking a road trip to sea level to get back the HP sapped by my altitude. ( My grin factor of added power was relative to the increase of the Z06 ... at altitude also )
Shout out to Chris Chessnoe, professional and if not immediately available, always quick with a return call, my initial contact. Joanne, always there with efficient, informed assistance and unmatched pleasance; and especially Pete Callaway who oversaw the conversion in Temecula, possesses a wealth of information, professionalism, a reassuring demeanor that will embue one with the trust and confidence they will treat your car as they would their own.
Count me as an extremely satisfied customer and happy to be part of the Callaway family of owners!
Congrats. I couldn't agree with you more. Have had mine for almost 2 years 2017 M7 and still puts a **** eating grin on my face every time i drive it. Had a problem with the fuel delivery at WOT throttle a few months ago and Chris sent one of there engineers to my house and fixed the problem in my garage free of charge.
salcolkat is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to salcolkat For This Useful Post:
Callaway Chris (03-14-2019), manasota2565 (03-15-2019), Mikec7z (03-14-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 07:14 AM
  #15  
lghtsout
CF Senior Member
 
lghtsout's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2001
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 626
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

I also have the 757 package and could not be happier!!! Chris and Joanne and the crew were nothing but the best! The power is amazing! install like factory would recommend to anyone.
lghtsout is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to lghtsout For This Useful Post:
Callaway Chris (03-14-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 08:08 AM
  #16  
Monkey D. Luffy
CF Senior Member
 
Monkey D. Luffy's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2007
Location: Powder Springs GA
Posts: 10,329
Thanked 270 Times in 190 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by breakskeet View Post
Is it because you don't like the look? The hood is functional for supercharger and engine cooling.
Yes, I just don't like the looks. I can see were it would help with cooling, but I just don't care for how it looks. I'm not saying it looks bad, just not my taste.

Originally Posted by Mikec7z View Post
ACS composites has a nice one that almost looks stock
Thanks!! I'll take a look at them.
Monkey D. Luffy is offline  
Old 03-14-2019, 06:57 PM
  #17  
Maximus68
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Feb 2017
Posts: 346
Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
Default

You deserve it. Spend your money how you want. I’d do it if I had the cash. I love the badges. What can I say? How she feel now? Big difference?
Maximus68 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Maximus68 For This Useful Post:
Mikec7z (03-14-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 07:08 PM
  #18  
Mikec7z
CF Senior Member
 
Mikec7z's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2018
Posts: 2,288
Thanked 386 Times in 309 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by salcolkat View Post
Congrats. I couldn't agree with you more. Have had mine for almost 2 years 2017 M7 and still puts a **** eating grin on my face every time i drive it. Had a problem with the fuel delivery at WOT throttle a few months ago and Chris sent one of there engineers to my house and fixed the problem in my garage free of charge.
This story never ceases to impress me with the current staff at callaway.

Hey callaway chris or anyone else there who would know... are you guys tuning all cars now with this corrected tune from day 1, or do you still have to fly house to house to solve it and install your previous original tune still from day 1?

(for those who are mistakenly thinking it is a callaway problem, it is actually an all c7 z06 problem, callaway just solves something GM refuses to)

Last edited by Mikec7z; 03-14-2019 at 07:09 PM.
Mikec7z is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Mikec7z For This Useful Post:
manasota2565 (03-15-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 10:45 PM
  #19  
salcolkat
CF Senior Member
 
salcolkat's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2018
Location: Goldens bridge NY
Posts: 340
Thanked 109 Times in 76 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Mikec7z View Post
This story never ceases to impress me with the current staff at callaway.

Hey callaway chris or anyone else there who would know... are you guys tuning all cars now with this corrected tune from day 1, or do you still have to fly house to house to solve it and install your previous original tune still from day 1?

(for those who are mistakenly thinking it is a callaway problem, it is actually an all c7 z06 problem, callaway just solves something GM refuses to)
The engineer who came to my house said all there 757's are being tuned this way from Callaway now.
salcolkat is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to salcolkat For This Useful Post:
manasota2565 (03-15-2019), Mikec7z (03-14-2019)
Old 03-16-2019, 11:15 PM
  #20  
Savoy2001
CF Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2018
Posts: 79
Thanks: 0
Thanked 25 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by salcolkat View Post
The engineer who came to my house said all there 757's are being tuned this way from Callaway now.
Can you guys explain what your talking about? Was there a problem with certain tunes from a certain period of time from Callaway?
Savoy2001 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: