C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Trouble with burnout at track

Old 04-07-2019, 09:46 PM
Itsovr4u7
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Trouble with burnout at track

Took my 17 ZO6 to the track today and had trouble with burnout. Stepped on brake smashed the gas and it was like the engine was cutting out or weak. I do have ET Street R tires and the burnout box was pretty dry. I also tried it off the the track in parking lot and same thing happened. Car is all stock and the trap speed was 127 with terrible track prep 1.88 60’. Is this caused by the torque management system and stock tune?
Old 04-07-2019, 09:54 PM
GeorgeR_Zed06
Burning Brakes

Received 161 Likes on 127 Posts

No matter what driving mode you have it on, some sort of active handling is still active. You need to hold down the trac control button for 5 to 7 seconds to turn off everything. Do your burnout.

Since you have drag radials, you can probably race it like that but be careful, you might want to put it back to one of your driving modes after you do your burnout. Good luck...
Old 04-07-2019, 10:02 PM
Itsovr4u7
Intermediate

I did hit the button in on the twice and both lights on dash said t/c off and the other one to the left was also light up. Not sure if holding it gives a different result. Would some sort of traction management still be on if both lights were on?

Last edited by Itsovr4u7; 04-07-2019 at 10:03 PM.
Old 04-07-2019, 10:49 PM
TXshaggy
Drifting

Received 1,093 Likes on 608 Posts

Originally Posted by Itsovr4u7
I did hit the button in on the twice and both lights on dash said t/c off and the other one to the left was also light up. Not sure if holding it gives a different result. Would some sort of traction management still be on if both lights were on?
Hitting it twice put you in PTM Wet assuming you were in Track. PTM attempts to minimize traction loss on road courses and will modulate power and other mechanisms to prevent slip.

Leave it in Tour; press center button once to turn off TC; press and hold to turn off TC and AHC.
Old 04-09-2019, 08:21 PM
Bob U
Drifting

Received 264 Likes on 206 Posts

Try lightly pressure on the brake pedal while pressing the gas pedal. You only want enough brake pressure so the car don’t move. If you press full brake pedal the rear brakes are stopping the rear tires from spinning.
Bob
Old 04-09-2019, 09:01 PM
Itsovr4u7
Intermediate

It’s very possible that was part of the problem. The burnout box was pretty dry and the brand new ET Street R tires didn’t help either. Next time out I’m sure I’ll figure it out. First time dragging an auto at the track. Last car was a manual and it was 16 years ago.

Get notified of new replies

To Trouble with burnout at track

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Trouble with burnout at track