C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

The last C7 before the C8 introduction

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2019, 09:01 PM
tzoid9
Drifting

Received 417 Likes on 283 Posts
Default The last C7 before the C8 introduction

Comments made in the latest Autoweek....glad they got the right color. This article is telling us a slightly different story than some of the Forum faithful. So what's the real answer on the demise of the C7.....

https://autoweek.com/article/car-new...n=awdailydrive
Old 04-16-2019, 05:54 PM
tzoid9
Drifting

I see no one likes or cares about the C7 moving on into the twilight and the C8 taking over. I found it interesting since many of the Corvette Z06 Forum had said and thought that the C7 would stay in production and likely ride side saddle with the new mid engine C8. Guess all the guessing and suggesting by the Corvette faithful fell on deaf ears,,,heres the next article,,,,,
https://www.motortrend.com/news/2014...05C1BD106EFD69
Old 04-16-2019, 08:58 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,187 Likes on 2,137 Posts

What's with all the insecurity threads lately? lol

Now i know for a fact that it's not so much people are turning their heads away from the C8 because of the way it can possible look, or what it has to offer, or it's lack of pure corvette pedigree etc. But i think now it's more of "oh man we now don't own the badass corvette ever made anymore, because this C8 is coming".

Everyone here seems insecure.

The demise of the C7? Is the government banning C7's?? They're still going to be around. Just like the C6's are still around and the C5's etc.

It's just that the C7 hype is gone. The glamour is gone. People need to get over it. The C7 has really made it's owners have a big head in thinking they have the best of something, when the best is actually coming, with the C8.

If you guys hate to own something that gets old, and want that feeling of "look at me, i own something new and modern and exciting!!", then lease your cars every 3 years or so, that way you'll have a brand new car every couple of years.

Last edited by Z0HS1CK; 04-16-2019 at 08:59 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Oh4GTO (04-16-2019)
Old 04-16-2019, 10:37 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Received 647 Likes on 510 Posts

i think the auction is a placeholder auction, not the real car.

Car may not be built until december for all we know.

I dont think GM even knows what they are doing right now. I think any decision could veto any other decision at the drop of a hat.

I put up a thread yesterday, and by the way certain key people on this forum who are in the know reacted/responded, i can tell it was spot on. It was info that was given to me, and I did not believe it even though i trust my source.... so i came here asking about the idea, and you should have seen who lost their minds and edited their posts 3 times each. Does no good to talk about the real problem i suppose, so I said to delete the thread to avoid further drama.... but... i got my answer i was after on whether or not it was indeed the real reason for the delay.

Anyway... its not electronics or frame bending the c8 is being delayed over...

and i heard from a little birdy c8 wont be ready in december, as even I thought it would be.

So i would not get too attached to any one idea at this moment in time...

the c7 might still be built through early fall... maybe longer, and that would not mean any "necessary overlap"

I'm really looking forward to the 7 18 19 event... because it forces GM to make a decision on the c7, and tell us what the plan actually is... as well as the "plan" for the c8.... but i wont be surprised if there are "delays" to that announced plan, halfway towards the "planned production date"

If gm is going to really solve their problem, i can see why it will take them time to test the solution, as its a core element to any car, and they have to make sure the solution is very well tested.

Time is what they need a lot of right now. I cant believe how simple it is. I'll save my insults

I can't wait to see tadge speak on 7 18 19

Last edited by Mikec7z; 04-16-2019 at 10:51 PM.
Old 04-17-2019, 12:00 AM
tzoid9
Drifting

Now Mikec7z, you are being far too coy for me. I didn't get a chance to review your deleted post, but I could only guess what Bowling Green is going thru and what may be the real reason for the apparent delays. Anytime, regardless of the product, anytime a significant change takes place, the engineering difficulties are always much more difficult at the end, them the beginning. Personally, I think GM should take as long as they need to to release a solid automobile...lots and lots of testing.
Old 04-17-2019, 12:40 AM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

the problem is, the solution I believe in, is apparently off the table. They think that will take TOO LONG to confirm as a viable solution as it requires "much testing"... so we will see what other rabbit they pull out of their hat. There's only so many ways to accomplish the solution... and lord knows i've already put my money where my mouth is on the "solution" I believe to be best.

Last edited by Mikec7z; 04-17-2019 at 12:43 AM.
Old 04-17-2019, 09:25 AM
jstewart
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 209 Likes on 159 Posts

To much at stake here for GM to screw up so they will not release the car until it is ready. There will be issues and nit picks just like every previous generation Corvette but I predict no major screw ups.
Old 04-17-2019, 09:27 AM
2500 hd
Race Director

Received 339 Likes on 226 Posts
St. Jude Donor ‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

I'm glad I have a C7, not interested in a C8....
TimD11 (04-17-2019)
Old 04-17-2019, 02:38 PM
vetteLT193
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 523 Likes on 313 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikec7z
i think the auction is a placeholder auction, not the real car.

Car may not be built until december for all we know.

I dont think GM even knows what they are doing right now. I think any decision could veto any other decision at the drop of a hat.

I put up a thread yesterday, and by the way certain key people on this forum who are in the know reacted/responded, i can tell it was spot on. It was info that was given to me, and I did not believe it even though i trust my source.... so i came here asking about the idea, and you should have seen who lost their minds and edited their posts 3 times each. Does no good to talk about the real problem i suppose, so I said to delete the thread to avoid further drama.... but... i got my answer i was after on whether or not it was indeed the real reason for the delay.

Anyway... its not electronics or frame bending the c8 is being delayed over...

and i heard from a little birdy c8 wont be ready in december, as even I thought it would be.

So i would not get too attached to any one idea at this moment in time...

the c7 might still be built through early fall... maybe longer, and that would not mean any "necessary overlap"

I'm really looking forward to the 7 18 19 event... because it forces GM to make a decision on the c7, and tell us what the plan actually is... as well as the "plan" for the c8.... but i wont be surprised if there are "delays" to that announced plan, halfway towards the "planned production date"

If gm is going to really solve their problem, i can see why it will take them time to test the solution, as its a core element to any car, and they have to make sure the solution is very well tested.

Time is what they need a lot of right now. I cant believe how simple it is. I'll save my insults

I can't wait to see tadge speak on 7 18 19
I read in one of the articles the auction was for the right to buy the last C7. Nowhere did GM say that they were ending the FE platform either. Until GM says it is official it's still on the table that we could see a C8 FE as a simple refresh of the C7 as well as the ME. If they do away with the FE all together it would be unprecedented in the Corvette history for many reasons. One of which is how long they use the platform. The C2-C3 platform was 63-82; C4 84-96; C5-C6 1997-2013... The shortest run was 13 years... killing the C7 platform after 6 years seems crazy. Also having the FE around makes a whole lot of sense. The base model C7 is actually a really good daily driver with easy maintenance and there is a whole network of people already trained on it. If they do a slow roll out of the ME keeping the FE around with a refresh the bugs of the ME platform can be worked out with lower production numbers.
Mikec7z (04-17-2019)
Old 04-17-2019, 02:55 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Thank you for the cool post.

I used to be adamant of what GM would do next, based on what certain people told me who i trust very much... and I've realized, everyone who matters keeps changing their minds... so its not worth defending one way or the other, the plans keep changing.

All I know is, I'm excited for 7 18 19.... it puts GM on the spot to say something official, one way or the other.

and I'm excited to get my oil cooler fittings that tie into the dry sump line back to the tank manufactured for all the LT and LS dry sump engines.

While this is not going to make me a lot of money cooling these cars down at the margins we will be doing it for, it still just brings me joy.

I firmly believe GM MUST start running air to oil coolers/HX on their cars moving forward, and if they want to sit back and watch us be the guinea pigs, so be it, I've had the kit on my car and a kit on my friends car, and we have been running the cars hard, trying to get the engines to fail or starved of oil. We park our cars on inclines overnight so cold starts will try to hit piston's bottom into the oil if it will, we took our cars north, one is in Ohio the past couple months and up into Michigan this week doing cold start testing...

We have a few of the strongest vette dealer families in the country helping us get hard to locate parts... people who are normally competitors are all working together. You literally have people with the last name Byers walking into Coughlin to buy parts because we are moving so quickly that driving across town to the Byers chevy store is too far in some situations.

Everyone is very cool and we are having a blast working together to solve all of this.

I'm glad we took the plunge and are trying to create an alternative solution to overheating. I hope the c8's don't suffer the same issues, but should GM release them and they do have problems... I am confident we will have a cost effective solution. The oil's heat has to be attacked directly.... and once that takes place, everything else cools down instantly as a result.

I want to thank the Ohio police for being so cool, and i cant really go into details or we would probably get them in trouble, but all I can say is, its been a fun few weeks up here.

Last edited by Mikec7z; 04-17-2019 at 03:13 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To The last C7 before the C8 introduction

Quick Reply: The last C7 before the C8 introduction