C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

The top reason to keep your C7 over a C8

Old 04-22-2019, 10:31 PM
SuperdadZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 408 Likes on 246 Posts

I know I promised myself I would ignore this condescending troll but I have a hard time resisting. He should become a full time Porsche blogger and a cheerleader on the Porsche forum......................
The following 2 users liked this post by SuperdadZ06:
JerriVette (04-23-2019), Road machine (04-24-2019)
Old 04-23-2019, 06:13 AM
d16dcoe45
Pro

Received 322 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Road machine
Handling may or may not be better. Just because you put the engine behind the driver does not make a car handle better. A mid engine car is a car that has the engine sit between the front and rear axles. Guess where the engine sits in the C7.....between the front and rear axles. The Corvette has always been a mid engine car and that is why it was always the best handling american car. The Corvette C7, C6, C5 ad C4 have had near perfect 50/50 weight distribution. 50/50 weight distribution gives the best handling as it is the perfect compromise between rear end traction and front end grip. Putting the engine behind the driver usually gives a rear end bias, which gives more traction to the drive wheels, but sacrifices front end grip which causes understeer. Lawyers like understeeer, because when a car understeers you have to slow down to get it back under control, hitting the brakes shifts weight to the front and bingo you get steering back.....but you just had to slow down to do that. The reason lawyers like understeer is that when the car goes straight when you wanted to turn, they can just say you were going too fast (no liability for you speeding). GM moved the engine to the rear because they were reaching the limit of traction for the power they could get out of their motors. That does not mean that it will handle better, it will just accelerate faster,which is great at the drag strip but maybe not so good on a road race track when you have to turn. We will see what comes out when the C8 comes out, and if the price is as good as the C7, (which I doubt) and the car handles better on the track (which again I doubt) I will certainly consider one, once all the bugs are out, and they have introduced the higher output versions.....(I would say in about 5-6 years for the higher output and solved bugs for those higher output cars) In the meantime I will enjoy the hell out of my C7 Z06 and if the world is still here and I am still alive we will see where the current state of the art lies. 5-6 years is a long way away.
The polar moment of inertia is much lower in a true mid-engine car. When Lotus(?) showed up at Indianapolis is 1961 a mid-engine car, they didn't win but within 4 years 95% of the qualifying grid was mid engine. It simply works better on a track.
The C7 is a front mid-engine car, not mid-engine in the current use of the term, and if Corvette TRULY wants to compete with the best performance production cars in the world, it CANNOT have the engine in the front any longer.
Old 04-23-2019, 08:44 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,945 Likes on 2,175 Posts

Originally Posted by RobGZ06
Because a turbo 911 costs about 160k. I got my Z for 68. That's a big difference. Trust me if i had the funds, i would own a 911, not a Z. So i do have aspirations to own one, i just know in reality i can't right now.

But again, this is the difference between myself and most of you. I know i can't afford one right now, but i can still love it.

But it seems like you guys are FORCED to dislike the 911, because you can't afford it lol.
really im sorry to hear your financial woes....as you struggle through life yet there is little need to make statements of many of us that you have no idea what you are talking about.

Many of us could buy 20 new porsche turbos for cash today if We wanted and have zero debt but you run your mouth off as if you know us ........all the while insulting those who take the time to shoot the breeze with you.

your bigger issue is not that you cant afford a porsche turbo today but that you make false assumptions in life with little or no information. That is your biggest error as you chase your supposed dreams and insult those you nothing about.

i wish you well in your journey to find what life is truly about and have confidence over time you will learn a more appropriate value system.
The following users liked this post:
Road machine (04-24-2019)
Old 04-23-2019, 08:51 AM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,179 Likes on 2,129 Posts

lol the saddest thing to witness is pretending to be someone you're not and pretending to own something you don't have.

You lost me at "many of us could buy 20 new porsche turbos for cash today". I know you were joking about that, and even if you weren't, couldn't be a more blatant lie.

It's like i'm reading the facebook posts from people complaining about the C8. "Oh it's euro trash, it's a wannabe exotic. I had an R8, and a 911 turbo, and an NSX but i would never buy this". Then i go to his profile and he has a pic of him standing next to his ford explorer.

Let's be real. We all own corvettes because we can't afford anything greater. With the exception of a few here, who i believe one guy has a lambo. So i would value his thoughts and opinions on this matter, not anyone here.

And weren't you shopping for a C7 for the past 3 years? You talk about it constantly, saying you're waiting, you're crunching numbers, you're shopping. But you haven't bought a damn thing.

So it looks like i'm not the broke one lol. Continue to save for your new C7 that hopefully you'll finally buy. Maybe at that time when you finally do, it doesn't even matter because the C8Z will be around. And you fall short, behind in the pack..........again.

I wish you well in your journey to find what life is truly about and have confidence over time you will learn a more appropriate value system.
Old 04-23-2019, 09:33 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

lol the saddest thing to witness is pretending to be someone you're not and pretending to own something you don't have.

You lost me at "many of us could buy 20 new porsche turbos for cash today". I know you were joking about that, and even if you weren't, couldn't be a more blatant lie.

It's like i'm reading the facebook posts from people complaining about the C8. "Oh it's euro trash, it's a wannabe exotic. I had an R8, and a 911 turbo, and an NSX but i would never buy this". Then i go to his profile and he has a pic of him standing next to his ford explorer.

Let's be real. We all own corvettes because we can't afford anything greater. With the exception of a few here, who i believe one guy has a lambo. So i would value his thoughts and opinions on this matter, not anyone here.

And weren't you shopping for a C7 for the past 3 years? You talk about it constantly, saying you're waiting, you're crunching numbers, you're shopping. But you haven't bought a damn thing.

So it looks like i'm not the broke one lol. Continue to save for your new C7 that hopefully you'll finally buy. Maybe at that time when you finally do, it doesn't even matter because the C8Z will be around. And you fall short, behind in the pack..........again.

I wish you well in your journey to find what life is truly about and have confidence over time you will learn a more appropriate value system.
rob...there is no helping you find your way. Your value system of financial well being is based off of car prices?

Are you sure thats a correct manner to judge financial stability ?

as you toil to manage your car payments in life i imagine and can easily sense the anger in which you have towards others all the while saying to yourself .... you are better off than the next person ...

im sorry you must live that way... i personally think you are missing the finer points of life.

should we also include our multiple multi million dollar real estate holdings with zero debt ...or the fact you struggle everyday to pay your bills where as some of us have the intellegence and luxury of retiring since our mid forties.....for over a decade.

spending our days training at health clubs with beautiful trainers and indoor and outdoor pools, saunas and hot tubs and massages...and cafes and spin classes and hot yoga...

there is one thing I do know....

Last edited by JerriVette; 04-23-2019 at 10:00 AM.
Old 04-23-2019, 10:03 AM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Lol you continue to portray a life you wish you lived.

I have investments and a house and 2 other cars and a bike.

If theres one thing I have to teach you is. Those who have something others dont, dont need to brag about it. They know what they got.

The fact you have to falsely claim things you own or have, shows you own or have none of it.

Enjoy your old c6. Upgrade to the c7 already will ya? Lol
d16dcoe45 (04-23-2019)
Old 04-23-2019, 10:21 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

IW
Lol you continue to portray a life you wish you lived.

I have investments and a house and 2 other cars and a bike.

If theres one thing I have to teach you is. Those who have something others dont, dont need to brag about it. They know what they got.

The fact you have to falsely claim things you own or have, shows you own or have none of it.

Enjoy your old c6. Upgrade to the c7 already will ya? Lol
oh good..im glad you have bragged , i mean listed investments, a heavily mortgaged house and couple of cars...with car payments...and a bike no less...? Are you kidding.?

im actually flattered you suggest my life as i described it sounds too unbelievable, too much like a dream to ever possibly be true...thank you. I understand and can appreciate your struggles as well as your lack of comprehension with regards to others ....

you are the one that said you would buy a porsche if you could afford it but that you cant.....(your words not mine) and that you only own the corvette because you cant afford the porsche.

why are you angry or so upset because I suggested you figure out a way to own the porsche you dream of owning.

my previous suggestion stands ...use your energy and supposed superiority to all the rest of us of which you know little or nothing about and make your dream of a porsche come true.

maybe then you wont be so clueless about the true value of living life on this earth as a human being.

Last edited by JerriVette; 04-23-2019 at 10:44 AM.
Old 04-23-2019, 10:30 AM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Originally Posted by JerriVette
oh good..im glad you have listed investments, a heavily mortgaged house and couple of cars...with car payments...

you are the one that said you would own a porsche turbo if you could afford it but cant.....(your words not mine)

my previous suggestion stands ...use your energy and supposed superiority to all the rest of us of which you know little or nothing about and make your dream of a porsche turbo come true.

maybe then you wont be so clueless about the true value of living life on this earth as a human being.
Yes but maybe you're not smart enough to understand what i wrote.

You claim you have investments, and all this money, so where are your cars? This is using your logic.

So because you don't have a C7Z nor a 911 turbo, means you're broke correct?

Unlike you guys here, who are insecure, i can still love a car, even though at this moment, it doesn't fall into the budget to own.

But yet you guys can't get one, because you can't afford it, so you're forcing and brainwashing yourself to hate it, because of those facts.

See the difference?

I actually could get a 911 turbo, but then i'd have to get rid of the bike, the C7Z and 1 of my other cars, you know, so i can keep my house too.

But you have none of those things, but claim to have all these investments and money to blow. But still own a C6 lol.

Great story bro. I'll save it for tonight when i want a bedtime story.
Old 04-23-2019, 10:36 AM
mjross
Pro

Received 191 Likes on 122 Posts

Wow!
Old 04-23-2019, 11:01 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Yes but maybe you're not smart enough to understand what i wrote.

You claim you have investments, and all this money, so where are your cars? This is using your logic.

So because you don't have a C7Z nor a 911 turbo, means you're broke correct?

Unlike you guys here, who are insecure, i can still love a car, even though at this moment, it doesn't fall into the budget to own.

But yet you guys can't get one, because you can't afford it, so you're forcing and brainwashing yourself to hate it, because of those facts.

See the difference?

I actually could get a 911 turbo, but then i'd have to get rid of the bike, the C7Z and 1 of my other cars, you know, so i can keep my house too.

But you have none of those things, but claim to have all these investments and money to blow. But still own a C6 lol.

Great story bro. I'll save it for tonight when i want a bedtime story.
im not surprised a person of your demeaner is so limited in their comprehension of others of which you know nothing about.

i am flattered that you must believe others are falsely claiming weath that clearly transcends your ability to grasp..

for if you had the dunds you would quickly grasp the next material dream that might at some point prove to yourself and others you have finally achieved success.

i understand your inability to comprehend the reality of true weath beyond what you can compare to and the continuous never ending journey of almost getting there...

there are many of us that have achieved that of which you can only dream of.

Im sure you will use this discussion to think back as you twist and turn in your struggles each day and each night as you almost make it to a place most of us already live.
Old 04-23-2019, 11:58 AM
Sub Driver
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,772 Likes on 1,467 Posts

God, please make it stop.
Z0HS1CK (04-23-2019)
Old 04-23-2019, 12:51 PM
Zo62018A8
Melting Slicks

Received 361 Likes on 216 Posts

I have a paid off 2018 z06 auto 2lz with 7k miles on it. Have a full bumper 2 bumper zero deductible extended warranty on it until 3/8/2029 or until it reaches 106,450 miles (which will never happen since I drive 6k miles a year). The extended warranty even came with roadside assistance and I also have the road hazard tire and wheel which already paid for itself by getting me 2 new rear tires. Unless it gets totaled or stolen I see no reason to get rid of the car.
Gee Venom (04-23-2019)
Old 04-23-2019, 12:56 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Originally Posted by JerriVette
im not surprised a person of your demeaner is so limited in their comprehension of others of which you know nothing about.

i am flattered that you must believe others are falsely claiming weath that clearly transcends your ability to grasp..

for if you had the dunds you would quickly grasp the next material dream that might at some point prove to yourself and others you have finally achieved success.

i understand your inability to comprehend the reality of true weath beyond what you can compare to and the continuous never ending journey of almost getting there...

there are many of us that have achieved that of which you can only dream of.

Im sure you will use this discussion to think back as you twist and turn in your struggles each day and each night as you almost make it to a place most of us already live.
It's like i'm talking to someone who has bi-polar lol. Who's making these posts? You and who else? Someone else in your family?

The only ones struggling are you guys who claim to have all these investments, so you can't really get the car you dream of because you're too busy putting your 3,4 or maybe 5 kids through college. Otherwise you would have the funds to own a ferrari. But let me guess, a z06 is better than that too right?

While i have no kids and i'm in the medical field. I am far from struggling. And every check i get, gets put towards my entertainment and future (house and the "investments").

AARP doesn't necessarily translate into "big baller status" so quit fooling yourself lol

But yeah, if there's anything you have worth mentioning to even have a chance in this discussion, please do so.

But since you don't, and you like lingering in a C7Z section for 3 years, in which a car you keep talking about getting, but can't, then i guess i'll wait for your next reply.

LOL
Old 04-23-2019, 01:17 PM
FLEXjs
Le Mans Master

Received 661 Likes on 318 Posts

What the **** is this thread about again?
Gee Venom (04-23-2019)
Old 04-23-2019, 01:18 PM
Getyup
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

To measure wealth by the vehicle you drive is a bunch of bs. I have a friend who is a lot more wealthy than me and he daily drives a 2000s Volvo. I asked him why doesn’t he get something more flashy? He said the Volvo works for him. His weekend vehicle if you want to call it that is a motorcycle.
JerriVette (04-24-2019)
Old 04-23-2019, 01:30 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Originally Posted by FLEXjs
What the **** is this thread about again?
The thread title tells the story.

It has insecurity written all over it LOL.

No one wants to admit that. The freaking C8 didn't even debut yet, as we still have 3 more months and all the C7 owners are panicking, throwing in their piece already on why they shouldn't upgrade yet lol
Old 04-23-2019, 01:51 PM
ChiefBoats

Location: NNCC No Name Car Crew Owned 1 C2, 2 C3's, 1 C4, 3 C5's, 1 C6, 2 C7's Now '81, '86, '03.
Received 3,928 Likes on 1,619 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C3 of the Year Wnner - Unmodified
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Get notified of new replies

To The top reason to keep your C7 over a C8

Old 04-23-2019, 02:00 PM
Detroit_Bill
Racer

Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts

Wow this has gone off the rails.

I will chime in on one point. I considered getting a 911 Turbo (991) used vs the Z06. I wanted a 911 for a very long time. Teenager dreaming type of thing. I did buy a 911S (991) new and had it for a few years. It was disappointing. Was the quality there? Yes, Did it have good engineering? Yes. But it had no soul, it was bla to drive. I was shocked when I finally drew the conclusion that the car was a disappointment. The Turbo is certainly faster, all wheel drive helps getting the power to the ground. BUT the turbo's quiet the exhaust to an unacceptable degree and diminish the experience in addition to lacking soul. I realize this all sounds odd and like BS but that is what I experienced. I took a big hit to get out of the car also.

A side note, I got a manual in the Z06. I was going to get a manual in the Porsche. The PDK is a very good transmission, amazing actually. It shifts so fast and so hard it is just better. I got the 911S with PDK (dual clutch transmission). If I could have gotten a PDK level transmission in the Z06 I would have.
Z0HS1CK (04-23-2019)
Old 04-23-2019, 02:07 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

It's like i'm talking to someone who has bi-polar lol. Who's making these posts? You and who else? Someone else in your family?

The only ones struggling are you guys who claim to have all these investments, so you can't really get the car you dream of because you're too busy putting your 3,4 or maybe 5 kids through college. Otherwise you would have the funds to own a ferrari. But let me guess, a z06 is better than that too right?

While i have no kids and i'm in the medical field. I am far from struggling. And every check i get, gets put towards my entertainment and future (house and the "investments").

AARP doesn't necessarily translate into "big baller status" so quit fooling yourself lol

But yeah, if there's anything you have worth mentioning to even have a chance in this discussion, please do so.

But since you don't, and you like lingering in a C7Z section for 3 years, in which a car you keep talking about getting, but can't, then i guess i'll wait for your next reply.

LOL
i feel sorry for a person such as yourself and wish you well..

Your anger and rants specifically since I suggested you try and achieve your dream porsche is sad.

your continued posted “LOL” in your relatively ignorant and uninformed posts hides a very sad situation.

i am flattered that as you read my particular situation in earlier posts here you called them unrealistic dreams. Thats just how ignorance continues in people such as yourself and how you must live to survive in your own mind as you struggle each day to pay your bills...its none of my business. One day I hope you can get your porsche,

As to why c7 owners should enjoy their existing amazing c7s of various iterations...as the c8 comes out...

there is always something better that comes along...different in so many ways but you dont have to chase every iteration to enjoy your life or your extremely amazingly capable corvette c7s.

if you decide you want a c8? Awesome....and if you chose to enjoy what you presently have....thats cool too..

think of it as do you prefer asian tonight or italian, tommorow you might prefer brazilian...or german...

all hot..all fun..just different flavors..

Last edited by JerriVette; 04-23-2019 at 02:12 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by JerriVette:
B747VET (05-18-2019), Road machine (04-24-2019)
Old 04-23-2019, 02:14 PM
Gee Venom
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by desibaba
I have a paid off 2018 z06 auto 2lz with 7k miles on it. Have a full bumper 2 bumper zero deductible extended warranty on it until 3/8/2029 or until it reaches 106,450 miles (which will never happen since I drive 6k miles a year). The extended warranty even came with roadside assistance and I also have the road hazard tire and wheel which already paid for itself by getting me 2 new rear tires. Unless it gets totaled or stolen I see no reason to get rid of the car.
Which extended warranty company u went with?
Panth3r (04-24-2019)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The top reason to keep your C7 over a C8