Notices
C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The top reason to keep your C7 over a C8

Old 04-24-2019, 03:00 PM
punky
CF Senior Member

Received 577 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by Jus Cruisin View Post
I'm not turning into a C8 owner. I'm hoping the thing is a dud. I'm thinking that if it is a dud, the value of mine might actually go up enough to justify dumping it for something else. As it is now, it'll end up in my estate and someone else can dump it for next to nothing.
This is about as stupid a post as there can be on this subject.
The following users liked this post:
B747VET (05-18-2019)
Old 04-24-2019, 06:35 PM
Kodiak Bear
CF Senior Member

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts

To get back some what to performance question:

IMO, the hardest challenge to GM on the first model of the ME is weight control. I'm sure that the team would like to do three designs versions in a row and only release the third attempt after they have learned about weight control on the new chassis design. Not going to happen. So, IMO the first version is likely to be somewhat overweight. Power they can crank in a number of ways. Weight is very diffficult to remove.

So if GM asked me, what one spec do you want to know about the C8? The answer is WEIGHT.

Last edited by Kodiak Bear; 04-24-2019 at 06:36 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Kodiak Bear:
Mikec7z (04-24-2019), Parcival (04-25-2019)
Old 04-25-2019, 06:48 PM
Blk92C4

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Letís face it. About 6 months ago, the C7Z was the best vette ever made, most powerful, etc.... we knew the C8 was coming and the C7 ZR-1. We had our moment to be the most HP, expensive vette ever made. Our time is up, and now with the ZR-1 and C8, we are being pushed to the back of the line. It was cool to be at the top of the mountain, but itís time to make way for other climbers. We did it to the C6 generation and they did it to the 5ís. Iím ok with not being the newest generation. Realistically, our cars are cooler and faster than 99% of the cars around them. I enjoyed being the ďitĒ vette, even if for a few years. Iíll move up to an 8 eventually. Maybe in 5 years, who knows. By then the 8 owners will be complaining that they will never have a C9 and how bad it looks. Iíll DD my Z06 in South Florida and enjoy all the joy it brings. Isnít that why we got them in the first place?
The following 3 users liked this post by Blk92C4:
Gee Venom (04-25-2019), RobGZ06 (04-25-2019), tzoid9 (04-25-2019)
Old 04-25-2019, 07:16 PM
RobGZ06
CF Senior Member

Received 412 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by Blk92C4 View Post
Letís face it. About 6 months ago, the C7Z was the best vette ever made, most powerful, etc.... we knew the C8 was coming and the C7 ZR-1. We had our moment to be the most HP, expensive vette ever made. Our time is up, and now with the ZR-1 and C8, we are being pushed to the back of the line. It was cool to be at the top of the mountain, but itís time to make way for other climbers. We did it to the C6 generation and they did it to the 5ís. Iím ok with not being the newest generation. Realistically, our cars are cooler and faster than 99% of the cars around them. I enjoyed being the ďitĒ vette, even if for a few years. Iíll move up to an 8 eventually. Maybe in 5 years, who knows. By then the 8 owners will be complaining that they will never have a C9 and how bad it looks. Iíll DD my Z06 in South Florida and enjoy all the joy it brings. Isnít that why we got them in the first place?
Perfect mentality!

That's how all corvette owners should think. Because that's reality. Cars are great, but make way for the next bad boy in town.

I mean micheal jordan wasn't always the head hancho. When he was on the downhill, kobe was coming up. Then when kobe was on the decline, lebron james was coming up.

Our C7Z's had their reign. it's over now.

Let's just smile and watch the new kid (C8) take over as king
Blk92C4 (04-25-2019)
Old 04-26-2019, 08:40 PM
Ruderegime
CF Senior Member

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

First model year Gremlins
Old 04-26-2019, 09:37 PM
B&BVettes
CF Senior Member

Received 242 Likes on 159 Posts

I will likely go for the C8. Not sure of the timing, but unlike many of you, at 69 my window is slowly closing.
The following 2 users liked this post by B&BVettes:
Oskee (04-29-2019), RobGZ06 (04-26-2019)
Old 04-26-2019, 09:57 PM
RobGZ06
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by B&BVettes View Post
I will likely go for the C8. Not sure of the timing, but unlike many of you, at 69 my window is slowly closing.
I'm with you brother.

And i'm half your age. So my window is still wide open with all the birds and bees making its way in and out lol.

But unlike many of the people here, i don't dwell and ponder and weirdly obsess over 1 model car. You have to explore and have fun with as many toys as you can while you're alive, because tomorrow is never promised.

Who wants to be with the same car 4-5 years anyway? Have fun with it, and move on.

I'm dying for the official reveal already so i can come back in this thread, hopefully it's not locked but it doesn't matter because there will be 20 new threads made when the thing is debuted so i can chime in and post this.................................... ...........................
Old 04-27-2019, 11:18 AM
Shinobi'sZ
CF Senior Member

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by RobGZ06 View Post
Perfect mentality!

That's how all corvette owners should think. Because that's reality. Cars are great, but make way for the next bad boy in town.

I mean micheal jordan wasn't always the head hancho. When he was on the downhill, kobe was coming up. Then when kobe was on the decline, lebron james was coming up.

Our C7Z's had their reign. it's over now.

Let's just smile and watch the new kid (C8) take over as king
Yes but go watch MJ's 50th great plays on Youtube and it reminds you have how well rounded he was at everything. Especially those no look under the basket toss ups plus foul. lol
Old 04-27-2019, 11:53 AM
desibaba
CF Senior Member

Received 151 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Blk92C4 View Post
Looks like we are neighbors. Im in Coconut Creek by Sample N lyons.

Blk92C4 (04-27-2019)
Old 04-27-2019, 12:14 PM
RobGZ06
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Shinobi'sZ View Post
Yes but go watch MJ's 50th great plays on Youtube and it reminds you have how well rounded he was at everything. Especially those no look under the basket toss ups plus foul. lol
Kobe was a better version of mj. Lebron was a better version of both. Skill vs skill. Not achievements.

Newer is always better. And let's not forget Zion williamson lol. Who is like the c8 of the basketball world.

Watch him do it all and dominate. Like the c8 will

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The top reason to keep your C7 over a C8

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: