C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

More bent cracked rim misery plus class action suit

Old 05-14-2019, 12:00 PM
Rat Racer
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

There must be some significant variability in these rims. I have a "16 Z06/Z07 M7 which has 47,000 miles on it and has been driven in all 48 CONUS states and all of the bordering Canadian provinces. I'm currently on my third set of PSC2's (I get around 16,000 - 18,000 miles per set). Yes, I like to drive my Vette; didn't buy it to look at it in the garage. It has even been driven in San Francisco (once), which has the worst roads I have seen anywhere in North America. So I should be the poster boy for bent rims, right?

Nope. Never bent a rim. It still runs smooth and vibration free at speed. Is this because I have perfect vision and lightning-like reflexes while looking 10 miles down the road while driving? Nah, I'm old and wear glasses. So, the difference must be in the rims themselves and I just got lucky.
Old 05-14-2019, 01:11 PM
tertiumquid
Burning Brakes

Received 637 Likes on 375 Posts

Originally Posted by Road machine
I don't need them my wheels aren't bent.....because I don't hit ****.
You may not hit it but you sure talk it
Old 05-14-2019, 01:15 PM
tertiumquid
Burning Brakes

Well I would be a dumb *** if I were to think you would ever be honest enough to admit you bent the forged wheels too. Just be honest with yourself....get your forged wheels and enjoy your day it will be nice to have one more idiot shut up about bent wheels...because you will never admit to bending a forged wheel.
Can you make any comments without personally insulting people? You must be a liberal.
The following users liked this post:
need-for-speed (05-14-2019)
Old 05-14-2019, 01:19 PM
golfbone
Pro

Received 105 Likes on 48 Posts

Well I would be a dumb *** if I were to think you would ever be honest enough to admit you bent the forged wheels too. Just be honest with yourself....get your forged wheels and enjoy your day it will be nice to have one more idiot shut up about bent wheels...because you will never admit to bending a forged wheel.
If I bend one I will be contacting Gerry to get it fixed. ONe of the reasons I went with Forgeline is because they are in Ohio and I can get them fixed easily as Gerry is right down the road from the factory.......forged wheels can bend but they won't crack and if you choose to fix them you don't weaken the metal the way you do with a cast wheel. There is a big difference in the crystalline structure of forged metal vs cast and forgings will bend but they won't crack and they can be fixed without weakening the structural integrity They are lighter, stronger and more malleable but of course they can bend but will not do so unless you hit something really hard which is very different that those of use with these cheap cast rims are experiencing. Bending and cracking with normal driving and no significant road hazard incidents.

One of the reasons I believe there is an uptick recently in the number of bent rims is that many of these are being repaired rather than replaced and once you "repair" a cast rim you have a weaker rim that has it's structural integrity diminished. If the wheel insurance company decides to repair rather than replace there's not much you can do other than to bite the bullet and buy new rims.

By the way there is no shame in hitting a pothole and bending a rim. If it happens with a Forgeline it happens and I'll get it fixed and move on. Having a car that bends and cracks rims when I drive back and forth to work 3 times with no incident however is unacceptable and unprecedented. Only a dumbass would live with that kind of problem or expect someone else to. I'm spending a lot of money trying to fix a problem that really I shouldn't have to but it's either that or sell the car and make it someone else's problem which I don't feel great about and also....there's really no other car I'm that interested in buying right now.

Last edited by golfbone; 05-14-2019 at 01:36 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by golfbone:
Gerry@CW4L (05-14-2019), need-for-speed (05-14-2019)
Old 05-14-2019, 03:40 PM
Road machine
Safety Car

Received 250 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by tertiumquid
Can you make any comments without personally insulting people? You must be a liberal.
It is so cute how you defend your boyfriend.....but if you look through all the threads you will notice that I never call anyone a name first....your honey started with the name calling in post 47....if he is too weak to discuss things without calling names then perhaps he should stay in the fem part of your favorite bar. The other guy probably started all the name calling by saying that I called people liars, which I never did. If you and your boy friend don't like what I say there is a simple way to solve the problem...don't respond....leave the thread alone or post up a valid argument. This BS that people hit nothing or just take turns too fast and the wheels break is pure stupidity. Ask the guys a Spring mountain how many wheels they break around those hard corners....because I did, and they don't bend or break wheels.
Old 05-14-2019, 06:08 PM
tertiumquid
Burning Brakes

It is so cute how you defend your boyfriend.....but if you look through all the threads you will notice that I never call anyone a name first....your honey started with the name calling in post 47....if he is too weak to discuss things without calling names then perhaps he should stay in the fem part of your favorite bar. The other guy probably started all the name calling by saying that I called people liars, which I never did. If you and your boy friend don't like what I say there is a simple way to solve the problem...don't respond....leave the thread alone or post up a valid argument. This BS that people hit nothing or just take turns too fast and the wheels break is pure stupidity. Ask the guys a Spring mountain how many wheels they break around those hard corners....because I did, and they don't bend or break wheels.
I knew it. Thank you for exposing your liberal bent by implying that I'm apparently gay which I assume you think would get under my skin. You probably think you're pretty clever with that routine...

You lose. You get all emotionally worked up over a discussion of wheels and tires and it offers and interesting insight into your thought processes.

That's a tactic worthy of 4th grade at best. I deal with people like you everyday and the one thing they all have in common is that if they can't argue logically, they automatically go to the insult and and intimidate the other side tactic with slurs, name-calling, etc. That's the way people on the losing side of a discussion behave - with an emotional outburst and it's laughable. How many observers to this thread do you think have now decided you're a not well-balanced and are laughing at you?

Best regards... and stop picking on my boyfriend

Last edited by tertiumquid; 05-14-2019 at 06:08 PM.
Old 05-14-2019, 06:38 PM
Road machine
Safety Car

Received 250 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by tertiumquid
I knew it. Thank you for exposing your liberal bent by implying that I'm apparently gay which I assume you think would get under my skin. You probably think you're pretty clever with that routine...

You lose. You get all emotionally worked up over a discussion of wheels and tires and it offers and interesting insight into your thought processes.

That's a tactic worthy of 4th grade at best. I deal with people like you everyday and the one thing they all have in common is that if they can't argue logically, they automatically go to the insult and and intimidate the other side tactic with slurs, name-calling, etc. That's the way people on the losing side of a discussion behave - with an emotional outburst and it's laughable. How many observers to this thread do you think have now decided you're a not well-balanced and are laughing at you?

Best regards... and stop picking on my boyfriend
Wrong again Einstein....I am an elected official in my town and a Republican.....as to your gay thing....I was just pointing out how you were acting....the night in shining armor coming to save the damsel in distress. I never got worked up....simply pointing out the obvious.....wheels don;t just bend on their own....but I know that is too much for you to understand so you attack rather than discuss. Any casual observer can easily read through this thread and see that I didn't start calling names...I just pointed out that truth....and that is that guys bending wheels are hitting things, and they are all too numb to realize it. You and all the others think that the wheel cracks right away...so you foolishly equate a day at the track with your cracked wheel when the crack started days or weeks before when you hit that bridge expansion joint at full speed. The wheel bent and as you drove the stress point reached failure point and cracked.....at the track or in a spirited drive on twisty roads the stress is just sped up, so that is where the failure occurs.
Now to the real liberal....that would be you....because just like all liberals you cannot accept that you could do anything wrong....your mommy told you you were special all your life....you are special little snow flake and you can do no wrong, so if your wheel cracks it can't possibly be your fault....you could never hit anything that would crack a wheel your special......so it must be the big mean companies fault.....you know the one that in this day and age of lawyers chasing every ambulance and frothing at the mouth to bring down the big guy,,,,went the extra mile to give us one of the hottest sports cars on the market with 650 HP and torque enough to melt a snow flake like yourself....and melt you did.....because you didn't need to learn to drive...that is easy just step on the right peddle and turn the steering wheel...hell you can even do it while talking on your phone....but you can't ..you see. You need to pay attention when driving a high performance car like a Z06...and you have ADD. So do us all a favor and go buy a Mustang....it is what you can handle and your mommy will be so proud....you may even get a participation trophy. .
Old 05-14-2019, 06:45 PM
tertiumquid
Burning Brakes

BTW, regarding accusations of lying you really ought to go back and read your posts in the '30's. Your intention was pretty clear to everybody, I think.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:13 PM
tertiumquid
Burning Brakes

Wrong again Einstein....I am an elected official in my town and a Republican.....as to your gay thing....I was just pointing out how you were acting....the night in shining armor coming to save the damsel in distress. I never got worked up....simply pointing out the obvious.....wheels don;t just bend on their own....but I know that is too much for you to understand so you attack rather than discuss. Any casual observer can easily read through this thread and see that I didn't start calling names...I just pointed out that truth....and that is that guys bending wheels are hitting things, and they are all too numb to realize it. You and all the others think that the wheel cracks right away...so you foolishly equate a day at the track with your cracked wheel when the crack started days or weeks before when you hit that bridge expansion joint at full speed. The wheel bent and as you drove the stress point reached failure point and cracked.....at the track or in a spirited drive on twisty roads the stress is just sped up, so that is where the failure occurs.
Now to the real liberal....that would be you....because just like all liberals you cannot accept that you could do anything wrong....your mommy told you you were special all your life....you are special little snow flake and you can do no wrong, so if your wheel cracks it can't possibly be your fault....you could never hit anything that would crack a wheel your special......so it must be the big mean companies fault.....you know the one that in this day and age of lawyers chasing every ambulance and frothing at the mouth to bring down the big guy,,,,went the extra mile to give us one of the hottest sports cars on the market with 650 HP and torque enough to melt a snow flake like yourself....and melt you did.....because you didn't need to learn to drive...that is easy just step on the right peddle and turn the steering wheel...hell you can even do it while talking on your phone....but you can't ..you see. You need to pay attention when driving a high performance car like a Z06...and you have ADD. So do us all a favor and go buy a Mustang....it is what you can handle and your mommy will be so proud....you may even get a participation trophy. .
My friend, a NJ republican is a liberal and being elected as a town official or the like is a dubious honor these days. And you certainly get wound up very easily. Engineers can be a difficult lot to deal with because they can be overbearing and full of themselves and when challenged can become very petty and angry. They have a very closed view of the world. Don't get me wrong, engineers are highly valuable and can be great guys but they have their quirks. Integrating them into a group effort isn't the easiest task in the world.

Sounds to me like you're pretty angry about something other than what we're talking about (wheels) and it's spilling over into this discussion. You seem to be absolutely convinced that the bulk of posters in this thread are incompetent, liars or just out to get a free ride for some money.. If you're a public official, I wonder how you handle a constituent who comes to you with a problem that you don't agree with or, worse yet, accuses you of dishonesty.

And would you please stop the silly name calling and attempting to label me as needing my mommy? You have no idea who I am or what I do and as far as being a liberal, I can assure you that in Georgia, that doesn't play well, especially outside of Atlanta. Also, you're not conversing with a millennial. My mother was born in 1918 and we weren't raised as "special" back then. My guess is that I may have more experience with cars for more years than you do, as in over a hundred since 1961, and I surely know how to deal effectively with a wide variety of personality types without getting into the personal attacks.
spinkick (05-15-2019)
Old 05-14-2019, 07:35 PM
rikhek
Safety Car

Received 860 Likes on 393 Posts

I'm not sure how you'd go about buying forged "rims"??? Lots of options for buying forged wheels but I don't believe you'll find wheels for sale with just forged rims.
Old 05-14-2019, 08:11 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,751 Likes on 4,181 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Wow....waaay off topic-congratulations, you got your thread closed.
The following 2 users liked this post by Steve Garrett:
btorlv (05-15-2019), rdgbuccaneer (06-02-2019)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: More bent cracked rim misery plus class action suit