Notices
C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New rims, BC Forged RZ05 Monoblock

Old 05-13-2019, 11:58 AM
Detroit_Bill
CF Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Default New rims, BC Forged RZ05 Monoblock

I had a chance to install the BC Forged Mono Block RZ05 rims with MPSS tires I bought from Paul at PK Auto Designs. The silver rims were the only thing I did not like about the car when I bought it used.
The rims appear to be high quality, the machining is well done and the finish looks good. I got Satin black finish. I did put some Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Wheel Coatingon the rims to help with brake dust. It brough up the shine a bit.
Here is a before and after

Silver

Silver Factory Rims

Black BC Forged RZ05's factory sizes.
The following users liked this post:
PK Auto Design (05-13-2019)
Old 05-13-2019, 05:11 PM
PK Auto Design
Supporting Vendor

Received 83 Likes on 81 Posts

Looks awesome sir ! Thank you once again for allowing us to assist you.
Old 05-14-2019, 01:32 PM
Detroit_Bill
CF Senior Member

I have not had a chance to weigh the wheels I took off the car but the BC Forged were 57 rear and 51 front, Rim tires and factory TMP. I weighed them on a cheap fedex type scale at work.
Old 05-14-2019, 01:34 PM
PK Auto Design
Supporting Vendor

Received 83 Likes on 81 Posts

Fedex scales work also haha
Old 05-14-2019, 05:02 PM
hebegb
CF Senior Member

Received 55 Likes on 35 Posts

Wheels look great! Love the spider style.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:42 PM
rikhek
CF Senior Member

Received 783 Likes on 368 Posts

I'm pretty certain those are forged wheels, not forged rims. I don't believe ANY wheel manufacturer sells wheels with just the rims being forged. If they did I'm not certain anybody would buy them. Then again, I read on here everyday someone talking about their forged or cast rims so I could be wrong. I'd like to see a video of how they manufacture wheels with forged rims. If so, what manufacturing process is used for the non-forged parts of the wheels? How do they "mate" the non-forged portion of the wheel to the forged rim? Surely they're not welding the components together?
Old 05-15-2019, 08:45 AM
Detroit_Bill
CF Senior Member

Default Semantics

Originally Posted by rikhek View Post
I'm pretty certain those are forged wheels, not forged rims. I don't believe ANY wheel manufacturer sells wheels with just the rims being forged. If they did I'm not certain anybody would buy them. Then again, I read on here everyday someone talking about their forged or cast rims so I could be wrong. I'd like to see a video of how they manufacture wheels with forged rims. If so, what manufacturing process is used for the non-forged parts of the wheels? How do they "mate" the non-forged portion of the wheel to the forged rim? Surely they're not welding the components together?
This is a question of semantics. I define a wheel (right or wrong) as a rim and a tire. The rim, is a forged "monoblock." which means one piece. I did some searching on rim construction before I bought. From what I could determine a puck is put in a press and formed into a blank, there could be multiple dies. Then the rim is machined from there. I'll guess most of the same size rims are machined from the same blank. Perhaps one of the rim vendors will chime in.

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: