C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

New rims, BC Forged RZ05 Monoblock

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2019, 11:58 AM
Detroit_Bill
Racer

Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts
Default New rims, BC Forged RZ05 Monoblock

I had a chance to install the BC Forged Mono Block RZ05 rims with MPSS tires I bought from Paul at PK Auto Designs. The silver rims were the only thing I did not like about the car when I bought it used.
The rims appear to be high quality, the machining is well done and the finish looks good. I got Satin black finish. I did put some Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Wheel Coatingon the rims to help with brake dust. It brough up the shine a bit.
Here is a before and after

Silver

Silver Factory Rims

Black BC Forged RZ05's factory sizes.
The following 3 users liked this post by Detroit_Bill:
mattya9 (10-04-2021), PK Auto Design (05-13-2019), Prime Target (10-03-2021)
Old 05-13-2019, 05:11 PM
PK Auto Design
Supporting Vendor

Received 138 Likes on 131 Posts

Looks awesome sir ! Thank you once again for allowing us to assist you.
Old 05-14-2019, 01:32 PM
Detroit_Bill
Racer

I have not had a chance to weigh the wheels I took off the car but the BC Forged were 57 rear and 51 front, Rim tires and factory TMP. I weighed them on a cheap fedex type scale at work.
The following users liked this post:
dagartdan (04-12-2021)
Old 05-14-2019, 01:34 PM
PK Auto Design
Supporting Vendor

Fedex scales work also haha
Old 05-14-2019, 05:02 PM
hebegb
Instructor

Received 108 Likes on 66 Posts

Wheels look great! Love the spider style.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:42 PM
rikhek
Safety Car

Received 860 Likes on 393 Posts

I'm pretty certain those are forged wheels, not forged rims. I don't believe ANY wheel manufacturer sells wheels with just the rims being forged. If they did I'm not certain anybody would buy them. Then again, I read on here everyday someone talking about their forged or cast rims so I could be wrong. I'd like to see a video of how they manufacture wheels with forged rims. If so, what manufacturing process is used for the non-forged parts of the wheels? How do they "mate" the non-forged portion of the wheel to the forged rim? Surely they're not welding the components together?
RHP (04-09-2021)
Old 05-15-2019, 08:45 AM
Detroit_Bill
Racer

Default Semantics

Originally Posted by rikhek
I'm pretty certain those are forged wheels, not forged rims. I don't believe ANY wheel manufacturer sells wheels with just the rims being forged. If they did I'm not certain anybody would buy them. Then again, I read on here everyday someone talking about their forged or cast rims so I could be wrong. I'd like to see a video of how they manufacture wheels with forged rims. If so, what manufacturing process is used for the non-forged parts of the wheels? How do they "mate" the non-forged portion of the wheel to the forged rim? Surely they're not welding the components together?
This is a question of semantics. I define a wheel (right or wrong) as a rim and a tire. The rim, is a forged "monoblock." which means one piece. I did some searching on rim construction before I bought. From what I could determine a puck is put in a press and formed into a blank, there could be multiple dies. Then the rim is machined from there. I'll guess most of the same size rims are machined from the same blank. Perhaps one of the rim vendors will chime in.
dagartdan (04-24-2021)
Old 04-09-2021, 02:46 PM
dagartdan
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Bill, the top pic shows a rim I’d like to learn more about. Any info? Thanks
Old 04-09-2021, 02:49 PM
dagartdan
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Factory rims... missed the fine print. Lol
Old 04-09-2021, 03:11 PM
WPGZ06
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 337 Posts

New ones are 10x better than original on car
Old 04-09-2021, 06:27 PM
SladeX
Melting Slicks

Received 833 Likes on 607 Posts

I have the same rims on my Z06. I love the look of them on your car.
Old 04-10-2021, 09:52 AM
speed4tu
Drifting

Received 372 Likes on 262 Posts

Much better, I have BC forged in flat black on my car also. Great wheels
Old 10-03-2021, 01:35 PM
PRAY HRD
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Detroit_Bill
I had a chance to install the BC Forged Mono Block RZ05 rims with MPSS tires I bought from Paul at PK Auto Designs. The silver rims were the only thing I did not like about the car when I bought it used.
The rims appear to be high quality, the machining is well done and the finish looks good. I got Satin black finish. I did put some Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Wheel Coatingon the rims to help with brake dust. It brough up the shine a bit.
Here is a before and after

Silver

Silver Factory Rims

Black BC Forged RZ05's factory sizes.
Hey Bill, great looking Z! I just learned of BC a few days ago and doing some research when your post came up in a Google search. How have your wheels held up so far? I was looking into Signature wheels (previously a sister company to BC apparently) in the same/very similar design but have priced the BC version at more than $1500 less...around $3300 for 19's sound about right? Sounds better than the $5100 I was quoted (with knurling and matching black lug nuts).
Any other shots you might wanna share? Very curious to see how much of a concave design the rears have in particular.

Thanks
-Dave
PK Auto Design (10-03-2021)
Old 10-03-2021, 03:34 PM
PK Auto Design
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by PRAY HRD
Hey Bill, great looking Z! I just learned of BC a few days ago and doing some research when your post came up in a Google search. How have your wheels held up so far? I was looking into Signature wheels (previously a sister company to BC apparently) in the same/very similar design but have priced the BC version at more than $1500 less...around $3300 for 19's sound about right? Sounds better than the $5100 I was quoted (with knurling and matching black lug nuts).
Any other shots you might wanna share? Very curious to see how much of a concave design the rears have in particular.

Thanks
-Dave
Dave,

I would be more then happy to help you out and provide any information you require.

Paul A.
Old 10-03-2021, 04:09 PM
PRAY HRD
Advanced

Originally Posted by PK Auto Design
Dave,

I would be more then happy to help you out and provide any information you require.

Paul A.
sounds good Paul, I've looked over your site but can't find pics stating what the finished are for with the pics Unfortunately. That would help myself and other a bunch I'm sure. Anyway, I know I'm getting this wheel style, just unsure of the finish thus far. I wish BC offered sayin as a finish, but I saw Bill mention costing them and it gave the matte a bit of a sheen (would love to see close up pics after coating if he has them). Also would like to see brushed dark black. Default will be gloss black, at least I'll know 100% what I'd get then lol

Thanks for any help either of you gents can provide!
-Dave
PK Auto Design (10-05-2021)
Old 10-03-2021, 04:23 PM
Prime Target
Drifting

Received 279 Likes on 171 Posts

Forged is the way to go on these cars. I purchased a forged wheel and tire package from Paul at PK Auto this past spring and could not be any happier. His knowledge of wheels and offsets is deep.

Last edited by Prime Target; 10-03-2021 at 04:24 PM.
PRAY HRD (10-03-2021)
Old 10-03-2021, 05:16 PM
PRAY HRD
Advanced

That's great to hear as I'll need a mismatched set. 2016 Stingray.....need front wheels to work with stock front fenders and spats, and rears to work with ACS Z06/GS rear fender setup after I swap them.

Likely going with 19's all around for the most comfortable ride and I've heard there's a better selection of tires apparently? (staying with Proxes 888).
The following 2 users liked this post by PRAY HRD:
PK Auto Design (10-05-2021), Prime Target (10-03-2021)

Get notified of new replies

To New rims, BC Forged RZ05 Monoblock

Old 10-03-2021, 07:21 PM
Prime Target
Drifting

Received 279 Likes on 171 Posts

That's great to hear as I'll need a mismatched set. 2016 Stingray.....need front wheels to work with stock front fenders and spats, and rears to work with ACS Z06/GS rear fender setup after I swap them.

Likely going with 19's all around for the most comfortable ride and I've heard there's a better selection of tires apparently? (staying with Proxes 888).
I went with RSR Forged 902's. Front 19x10.5 with 37mm offset, back 20x12.5 with 56mm offset. The offset's and sizes were Paul's suggestion for an aggressive look that will not rub. I went with Michelin AS/3 runflat in stock Z06 sizes. Paul also had them powdercoated in Lazer Crystal which is a close match for GM Carbon Flash. I got a great deal and the wheels were everything I had hope for. You're in good hands with Paul.
PK Auto Design (10-05-2021)
Old 10-05-2021, 09:33 AM
PK Auto Design
Supporting Vendor

That can easily be achieved with a custom set of wheels.

sounds good Paul, I've looked over your site but can't find pics stating what the finished are for with the pics Unfortunately. That would help myself and other a bunch I'm sure. Anyway, I know I'm getting this wheel style, just unsure of the finish thus far. I wish BC offered sayin as a finish, but I saw Bill mention costing them and it gave the matte a bit of a sheen (would love to see close up pics after coating if he has them). Also would like to see brushed dark black. Default will be gloss black, at least I'll know 100% what I'd get then lol

Thanks for any help either of you gents can provide!
-Dave
Dave shoot me a pm and ill send you some images we have in our photo gallery of the various finishes.

Originally Posted by Prime Target
I went with RSR Forged 902's. Front 19x10.5 with 37mm offset, back 20x12.5 with 56mm offset. The offset's and sizes were Paul's suggestion for an aggressive look that will not rub. I went with Michelin AS/3 runflat in stock Z06 sizes. Paul also had them powdercoated in Lazer Crystal which is a close match for GM Carbon Flash. I got a great deal and the wheels were everything I had hope for. You're in good hands with Paul.

I remember this setup it came out amazing sir !
Prime Target (01-12-2022)
Old 01-10-2022, 10:47 PM
Gunsmokez
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Prime Target
Any chance you can post a picture of the vehicle to show the offset and fitment? I need to know, how going 0.5 bigger looks.

Quick Reply: New rims, BC Forged RZ05 Monoblock