Notices
C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diff. fluid

Old 05-14-2019, 05:07 PM
MJC611
CF Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Diff. fluid

Thought I would change Trans. and Diff. fluid in '17 Z06 M7, The owners manual says: Rear Axle use Dexron LS Gear Oil, the next line says eLSD (Z51, Grand Sport, Z06) use Dexron V1 ATF, The dealer parts dept. says Dexron LS, what are you using?
Old 05-14-2019, 06:07 PM
jcchevy
CF Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

I guess they’ve changed the owners manual? My 2016 says the following and that is what I used. Also found it to be about 1/2 qt low from the factory
Old 05-14-2019, 06:53 PM
RonC7
CF Senior Member

Received 245 Likes on 190 Posts

LS gear oil with friction modifier is for the differential. The Dexron ATF is for the hydraulics that activate the clutches. It's the differential oil that you may want to change.

See this great thread on diff / manual trans service:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...d-service.html

Ron
Old 05-14-2019, 10:30 PM
killerv6
CF Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Diff fluid and trans fluid change

I used 3 quarts of GM Dexron LS for the differential and I used 4 quarts of red lines best ATF fluid for the M7 my car's a16z I want to change the diff fluid it was one quart low from the Factory only got 2 quarts out should have been three

Last edited by killerv6; 05-14-2019 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-15-2019, 12:16 AM
MJC611
CF Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the input, will use Dexron LS and Redline D4 ATF
Old 05-15-2019, 08:48 AM
snampro
he that rolleth a stone..
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 121 Likes on 73 Posts

Yup, Dexron LS for the Diff and Redline D4 ATF for the M7 trans. Did both at the same time and was a noticeable difference. Quiet rear end and trans shifts better, not to mention how low the fluids levels were for the original fill...kinda sad, makes me wanna pick on the people assembling these things..

the eLSD is something you don't need to touch as often, so I'd leave it be for now, and that's from a guy that likes to mess with things.
Old 05-16-2019, 05:11 AM
okaythen
CF Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

For those that had the fluids low from factory, was the car ok if you don't track the car and it's just for street use? Or some damage could be done since it's low? I better check mine it's been 6000 miles and one drag strip trip.

How many miles or months do you guys change diff and transmission fluid?
Old 05-16-2019, 05:31 AM
Mr. Gizmo
CF Senior Member

Received 331 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by okaythen View Post
For those that had the fluids low from factory, was the car ok if you don't track the car and it's just for street use? Or some damage could be done since it's low? I better check mine it's been 6000 miles and one drag strip trip.

How many miles or months do you guys change diff and transmission fluid?
I have a 2017 m7 2lz. On the first 500 mile oil change I asked the dealer to check the levels in the trans/differential and they said it was full. I would take it to the dealer for an oil change and ask them to check the fluid levels in the trans/differential

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: