C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

DSX aux (low side) fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2019, 08:02 PM
1QUICK Z
Drifting

Received 92 Likes on 80 Posts
Default DSX aux (low side) fuel pump

Hey guys, has anyone installed this DSX low side aux fuel pump on your C7Z? It looks like install is pretty easy and you don't have to drop the tank.
Old 05-15-2019, 09:51 PM
jrwood
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 35 Posts

It’s not bad at all. We used the MTI one and Jayson has everything you need in the kit and instructions that are perfect.
Old 05-15-2019, 09:58 PM
1QUICK Z
Drifting

Originally Posted by jrwood
It’s not bad at all. We used the MTI one and Jayson has everything you need in the kit and instructions that are perfect.
Is that the same design? I really like Dave at DSX and I like supporting him. Seems like a great solution if I'm needing a little more pressure to run full E85. I run E50 now and actually went into "reduced engine power" mode earlier today (P228C - code). I cleared the code and it didn't come back tonight but it was much cooler this morning. I know that can make a difference
Old 05-15-2019, 10:00 PM
Eat.Sleep.Race
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

I run it, and love it so far. Never lose fuel pressure with full bolt on/ported blower etc.. It did taek about 3 hours to install by pro.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:05 PM
1QUICK Z
Drifting

Originally Posted by Eat.Sleep.Race
I run it, and love it so far. Never lose fuel pressure with full bolt on/ported blower etc.. It did taek about 3 hours to install by pro.
That's great to hear. Did you have to adjust the tune for it or is it pretty plug and play. Is it loud? I know Dave mentioned going with the specific pump because it was fairly quiet. My buddy installed a big twin pump on his Camaro and it always screams. I def don't want that. I just need a little extra pressure. I don't plan on going crazy. Just want to run full E85 and possibly a smaller pulley?
Old 05-15-2019, 10:18 PM
Eat.Sleep.Race
Instructor

Originally Posted by 1QUICK Z
That's great to hear. Did you have to adjust the tune for it or is it pretty plug and play. Is it loud? I know Dave mentioned going with the specific pump because it was fairly quiet. My buddy installed a big twin pump on his Camaro and it always screams. I def don't want that. I just need a little extra pressure. I don't plan on going crazy. Just want to run full E85 and possibly a smaller pulley?
You dont hear it at all, it does spike a little when you get on it, and let off, seems like nitrous hitting but I also did meth so them both together makes the pull/hit act a little crazy. You cant go full e85 without a cam though, i maxed the system at 65-70% ethanol..

So don't be fooled!
The following 3 users liked this post by Eat.Sleep.Race:
Harbgrogan (04-16-2021), Ricardo Z06 (10-02-2020), Vick415 (05-18-2019)
Old 05-15-2019, 10:19 PM
0DSX Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 79 Likes on 48 Posts

Installation time varies greatly by how good a mechanic you are and how fast you need to work. Some do these in under an hour. The DSX kit is the only kit that is 100% self contained in the driver rear wheel well. You don’t have to run any wiring from the engine bay. We also manufacture our own fittings so everything is 100% purpose made.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:20 PM
Eat.Sleep.Race
Instructor

And yes . RETUNE will be required for it. Or you will just dump fuel to the motor, if getting on it, 4-5MPG since its pulling double the fuel to the motor.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:27 PM
1QUICK Z
Drifting

Originally Posted by DSX Tuning
Installation time varies greatly by how good a mechanic you are and how fast you need to work. Some do these in under an hour. The DSX kit is the only kit that is 100% self contained in the driver rear wheel well. You don’t have to run any wiring from the engine bay. We also manufacture our own fittings so everything is 100% purpose made.
Thanks Dave! You've always been great to work with and you make a quality product. If I do this, yours would be the direction I'm going. I actually called you earlier today to ask you about the fuel rail sensor since I hit the 'limp home' mode on my way to work. I assume this would solve my pressure issue? Is it true that this pump won't allow me to run full E85?
Old 05-16-2019, 05:01 AM
555ctsv
Burning Brakes

Received 785 Likes on 340 Posts

I've installed a system from a different vendor on my 2nd C7, and then the dsx kit on my current c7z. The dsx kit was way easier to install. The wiring for it takes no time at all, just clip it in and done! I added an activation light in my a-pillar and that took more time than actually installing the pump. I think you'll be very happy with it
Old 05-16-2019, 07:56 AM
CamOnlyJabroni
Racer

Received 131 Likes on 84 Posts

Is that the same design? I really like Dave at DSX and I like supporting him. Seems like a great solution if I'm needing a little more pressure to run full E85. I run E50 now and actually went into "reduced engine power" mode earlier today (P228C - code). I cleared the code and it didn't come back tonight but it was much cooler this morning. I know that can make a difference
What’s done to the car?
Old 05-16-2019, 08:53 AM
0DSX Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 79 Likes on 48 Posts

Thanks Dave! You've always been great to work with and you make a quality product. If I do this, yours would be the direction I'm going. I actually called you earlier today to ask you about the fuel rail sensor since I hit the 'limp home' mode on my way to work. I assume this would solve my pressure issue? Is it true that this pump won't allow me to run full E85?
I don't know that this will automatically fix what you saw honestly. As far as running full E85, the DI fuel systems are fairly complicated with many variables that dictate what you can actually get away with. I don't have a black and white answer for you.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:21 AM
1QUICK Z
Drifting

Originally Posted by CamOnlyJabroni
What’s done to the car?
DSX flex fuel kit running E40-E45, CAI, ported TB, Borla x-pipe, 2.3 upper pulley, 2017+ lid
Old 05-16-2019, 10:41 AM
CamOnlyJabroni
Racer

Received 131 Likes on 84 Posts

DSX flex fuel kit running E40-E45, CAI, ported TB, Borla x-pipe, 2.3 upper pulley, 2017+ lid
I would bump the voltage up on the low side first and see how far you get. This can be done in the tune and also a voltage booster can safely add even more flow. Then if it’s the high side giving out do a LPE high pressure pump. Just depends on goals. Everyone’s are different. I’m currently just seeing how far the stock system can go.

Doing the DSX low side would definitely take car of the low pressure side. You just may be able to get by with more voltage. Just all depends what’s going on in the tune and high/low sides.

I just try to be more on the less is more to a point with cars and money that you won’t ever get back. Not recommending short cuts just potential money savings depending on goals and keeping the system stock if it’s doable.

Last edited by CamOnlyJabroni; 05-16-2019 at 10:43 AM.
Old 05-16-2019, 01:37 PM
gr8del
Advanced

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

I installed the DSX low side fuel kit last month. While I do have a mechanical background, it's been 10 years since I've really turned wrenches and this was an easy install. I took my time since I wanted to make sure I did not have any leaks. I did it in my garage on jack stands.

Get the rear end as high as possible in relation to the front to minimize any fuel spills when tapping the tank (and put a pan under the tank when you tap for any spill
The "T" fitting location for the tank fuel line wasn't super clear in the instructions i got (below are pictures where it is)
MAKE SURE the "T" fitting hose from the DSX aux pump is completely tightened before connecting it back to the car's fuel lines (it would be a PITA to pull back out after you connect it in that tight space)

Location where you have to disconnect the tank's fuel line for the DSX T fitting

This is the fuel plug to disconnect.
The following 2 users liked this post by gr8del:
Harbgrogan (04-16-2021), Ricardo Z06 (10-02-2020)
Old 05-16-2019, 02:36 PM
1QUICK Z
Drifting

Originally Posted by gr8del
I installed the DSX low side fuel kit last month. While I do have a mechanical background, it's been 10 years since I've really turned wrenches and this was an easy install. I took my time since I wanted to make sure I did not have any leaks. I did it in my garage on jack stands.

Get the rear end as high as possible in relation to the front to minimize any fuel spills when tapping the tank (and put a pan under the tank when you tap for any spill
The "T" fitting location for the tank fuel line wasn't super clear in the instructions i got (below are pictures where it is)
MAKE SURE the "T" fitting hose from the DSX aux pump is completely tightened before connecting it back to the car's fuel lines (it would be a PITA to pull back out after you connect it in that tight space)

Location where you have to disconnect the tank's fuel line for the DSX T fitting

Great info. Thanks!
The following users liked this post:
gr8del (05-16-2019)
Old 05-16-2019, 09:40 PM
DTOM
Drifting

Received 743 Likes on 407 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

At what power level would you recommended upgrading the low side?
The following users liked this post:
thesaad (05-22-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To DSX aux (low side) fuel pump

Old 05-19-2019, 07:54 AM
ACS55
Pro

Received 240 Likes on 147 Posts

I have the DSX low side kit and have never heard it at all. It only comes on under high load conditions... so at those times your exhaust valves have opened and your exhaust is much louder than the pump. It also has a soft start feature that prevents/minimizes fuel pressure spiking issues.
Old 09-24-2019, 02:13 PM
Mangum
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gr8del

So the T just connects into the factory fuel line? There is no adding extra hole to the tank or anything??
Old 09-24-2019, 03:13 PM
ss2z06
Melting Slicks

Received 439 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by Mangum
So the T just connects into the factory fuel line? There is no adding extra hole to the tank or anything??
You do have to still drill a hole in the tank.

Quick Reply: DSX aux (low side) fuel pump