C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Akra website stats versus reality?

Old 05-18-2019, 01:16 PM
NineVettes
Burning Brakes

Received 528 Likes on 275 Posts
Default Akra website stats versus reality?

I know Akras are super high quality, very light, and sound fantastic. What I do not know is what are the real worldmeasures compared to what their website claims for their EVO system? Website claims 18.4 h/p, 19 ft/lbs torque power gains and weight reduction of 25.6 lbs. For those of you who have purchased the EVO system, did you do before and after dyno to see what was gained? Did you weigh the Akros versus stock exhaust? My numbers come from attempting to convert from metric numbers posted on their website. No secret that vendors tend towards exaggerated statistics for their products.

Also, does putting on the EVO cause problems emissions checks or affect the warranty?

Thanks!

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 05-19-2019 at 10:12 PM.
Old 05-19-2019, 07:20 AM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,765 Likes on 968 Posts

Had their full system on my last two Z06/Z07's, and have it on my ZR1. Stock system 67 lbs Akrapovic full system 38 lbs, my 16' gained 16 whp and 31 ft lbs tq, my 17' gained 22 whp and 27 ft lbs tq, my ZR1 was not back on the dyno for the after number yet. Most of the gains are getting rid of the rear cats, the sound is amazing. Never had a check engine light, my dealership has no issues with it
Old 05-19-2019, 05:30 PM
NineVettes
Burning Brakes

Received 528 Likes on 275 Posts

Thanks for your detailed response. I did not realize this car had rear cats - so it has 4 cats? Do you mean in the Xpipe area? We don't have emissions checks in Fl, but, also, do not want any warranty calims denied by GM.. I am only doing things to the car "working around the edges" like a BMS filter, Mamo PTB, much lighter forged wheels, etc. Car with the 29lbs saving on the lightweight forged wheels I made my private deal for plus the Akro, would get the weight down below 3500 lbs. It weighed 3534 on race shop scales with 2/3 fuel. Below 3500 lbs would place it below to '20 911 Carrera 4s weight with about 230 extra h/p (I made 589 rwhp on the dyno).

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 05-19-2019 at 10:11 PM.
Old 05-20-2019, 01:11 PM
Pacembellum
Melting Slicks

Received 689 Likes on 507 Posts

Originally Posted by NineVettes
Thanks for your detailed response. I did not realize this car had rear cats - so it has 4 cats? Do you mean in the Xpipe area? We don't have emissions checks in Fl, but, also, do not want any warranty calims denied by GM.. I am only doing things to the car "working around the edges" like a BMS filter, Mamo PTB, much lighter forged wheels, etc. Car with the 29lbs saving on the lightweight forged wheels I made my private deal for plus the Akro, would get the weight down below 3500 lbs. It weighed 3534 on race shop scales with 2/3 fuel. Below 3500 lbs would place it below to '20 911 Carrera 4s weight with about 230 extra h/p (I made 589 rwhp on the dyno).
Hooker shorty headers will drop 20lbs off the nose. Lightweight battery 25-30lbs saved too.
Old 05-20-2019, 03:55 PM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,765 Likes on 968 Posts

Originally Posted by NineVettes
Yes there are 4 cats, many of the exhaust systems get rid of the rear cats, they are not monitored. We have emissions testing and my cars all pass, and that was at the dealership. If you are worried talk to your dealership and see what they say, many dealerships are putting these exhausts on.

Get notified of new replies

To Akra website stats versus reality?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Akra website stats versus reality?