C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Roll race against a Tesla 3

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2019, 11:44 PM
m3incorp
Burning Brakes

Received 211 Likes on 157 Posts

I'm always amazed at these arguments. Why is it not OK for other cars to be fast or faster? Depending on from the drag or from the roll and how long the distance is, as which will arrive at the endpoint first. On the speed limited highways, either can earn you a ticket or jail time pretty darn quick.
Old 05-29-2019, 05:18 PM
DevilDog II
Race Director

Received 888 Likes on 553 Posts
Oldtimer

Originally Posted by m3incorp
I'm always amazed at these arguments. Why is it not OK for other cars to be fast or faster?
I just think it's human nature to think something that we own and love can be bettered by something else.
Old 05-29-2019, 07:28 PM
NinjaBum
Racer

Received 188 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by DevilDog II
I just think it's human nature to think something that we own and love can be bettered by something else.
It's the same part of the brain that motivates users on this forum spend time trashing each other for transmission choice, options, wheel color, etc when everyone drives the same car.
The following 2 users liked this post by NinjaBum:
DevilDog II (05-30-2019), Road machine (05-30-2019)
Old 05-30-2019, 02:05 AM
JanosNFS
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

Just a funny fact about why high horsepower cars need nannies for the average driver. A few years ago I was talking with a Dodge dealer sales manager, was looking at a Viper, and he said that 17% of the people who buy the Vipers don't make it home, they crash their new cars on the way...

An average person who has never driven a high horsepower car before won't be able to handle it. Just look up on Youtube how idiots try to be cool and crash their new cars after taking off at full throttle... they can't lift a bit

While I fully agree with Senna, he was the greatest driver ever in my eyes, in racing you should be able to control your race car, especially in F1 or other high end racing series and it would showcase driver's skill much more for sure, in daily driving scenarios with the higher and higher horsepowered cars there would be way too many accidents without the aids.

About the Teslas... if you would be able to turn off the full traction control, those cars would just do burnouts all day but those cars are the perfect example what technology can achieve today, no slip takeoff with 900ft/lbs of tq at 0 rpm... good luck without aids
They are just no fun over 60mph and can only go fast straight, which is not my thing anyway, not even talking about the crap interior and no head room in the back of the model S... head cutouts an option in the back and still can't sit straight(I'm 6'3")... same design for the last 10 years and the model 3 looks like a leap frog... lol...
Tesla owners are the new Prius owners on the freeways... can't stand them sitting in the first lane driving 65mph... jumping everyone at the red light is their only fun factor but has 0 value on the freeways or from rolls...
The following users liked this post:
ls7plus (05-31-2021)
Old 05-30-2019, 07:17 AM
Kerviper
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Road machine
The performance model gets two motors while the regular version only gets one.

Big difference between a Z06 and a Stingray. In your video that SR was also very late on the light.

Here is a Challenger and Z06 against a Model 3.

https://insideevs.com/news/343433/wa...llenger-video/
Not a Z06 in the video, stingray possibly modified by the way it launches
Old 05-30-2019, 07:34 AM
Toddiesel
Drifting

Received 398 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by JanosNFS
Just a funny fact about why high horsepower cars need nannies for the average driver. A few years ago I was talking with a Dodge dealer sales manager, was looking at a Viper, and he said that 17% of the people who buy the Vipers don't make it home, they crash their new cars on the way...
I'm calling shenanigans on this. I'd like to see this stat in writing and with actual #s and not %. I think that SALES manager (cuz salesmen lie all the ******* time) was blowing smoke up your ***
Old 02-13-2023, 10:21 PM
smithkanye
7th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

That's interesting. I'm a big fan of Tesla, and I like to see how it's compared to other rides.
Old 02-13-2023, 11:25 PM
Gixxerman

Received 3,742 Likes on 2,123 Posts
2023 Corvette of the Year Winner - Modified
2022 C7 of the Year Winner - Modified
St. Jude Donor '18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

The following users liked this post:
SthngWkdThisWayComes (02-20-2023)

Quick Reply: Roll race against a Tesla 3