Notices
C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Z06 vs. McLaren

Old 06-11-2019, 12:30 PM
Mcrider
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 561 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by Savoy2001 View Post
I'm a little confused. What did you find humorous about the article?

I thought his writing style and use of humor was a good fit and made for an interesting read.

Then I flattened the gas pedal. And my world  Ö  changed. A certain lower abdominal aperture instantly hung out a sign that said, ďWeíre closed.Ē My ears fainted. Passing trees melted. Distant farmhouses flew at me as if hurled by Dodger pitcher Clayton Kershaw. The Z06ís epic LT4 engine evokes all sorts of acceleration comparisons: aircraft-carrier catapult shots, missile launches, paparazzi catching sight of Charlie Sheen. None of them does it justice. This is a burst of speed thatís sudden and fierce. Unless you regularly fall out of the top bunk bed, you almost canít believe itís possible.

The character change in the Chevrolet LT4 V-8 from mild to wild is nothing less than shocking. Plant your right foot, and the normally subdued exhaust note goes full Krakatoa, hammering to the 6,600-rpm redline with delicious ease and threatening to shatter not only nearby windows but also the ego of any Porsche drivers within earshot. On a long stretch of empty desert road, youíre pulling away from most light aircraft overhead even when you have three more gears to go. Speed this monumental tends to make one slightly antisocial; youíre freakish, an untouchable wild man.

Old 06-11-2019, 02:09 PM
C5-VERT
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 120 Likes on 90 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by BrunoTheMellow View Post
However you may think a z06 matches a 650s, purely based on speed the 650s destroys the Z06. I have witnessed this live. You need about 100 rwhp above stock to keep up.

Anyhow. That article is just purely the writer saying random ****. It's not a comparison. It's just babbling.
Well, that's not true not trying to disagree in bad taste but my good friend has a 650s and my other good friend a bone stock 2015 A8 Z and the Z pulls on him every single time. The 650S at Roebling road is running consistent 17's and the Z is running consistent 17's. The ONLY difference is the 650S is much easier to drive fast, vs the Z is a handful to consistently track that fast. My highly modified Z, of course, destroys that 650S. Not even close. Before you say driver both drive champ cars on the same team for years, the one with the MAC holds the production car lap record in a Viper ACR at Roebling road, and the other has late model championships under his belt. So car for car the Z is a lot more capable than you think.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Z06 vs. McLaren

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: