C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Do these CC break pads look ok?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 05:56 PM
JanosNFS
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Do these CC break pads look ok?

I just had a set of new tires installed on my car and while the wheels were of I figured I'll take a look at the pads...

Do these look fine as wear goes on CC brakes?

I have 2 track days on this and about 4600 miles... they are loud when cold but that I think is normal for these.
Old 06-10-2019, 06:31 PM
BLK06ZO6
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Those look fine for street use. They’d probably get thin quick on track. As a general rule, I like to replace brake pads once they are equal to the thickness of the backing plate. You have to remember that pads wear at a faster rate when they get thinner because they lose heat capacity.
The following users liked this post:
thebishman (06-10-2019)
Old 06-10-2019, 08:51 PM
JanosNFS
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

Thanks for the info. I will keep an eye on them but will get at least 2 more track days out of them.
Old 06-11-2019, 01:52 AM
CaddyRacer
Pro

Received 119 Likes on 76 Posts

Amazon delivers brake pads the next day AND AC Delco/Brembo CCB brake pads from with 24 month warranty (read the fine print very bottom)
I worn out a set after a few months and Amazon returned all my money (they also offered to send me another set)
I received today NEW 2019 ZR1 CCB brake pads also come with 24 month warranty too!!!

I always want to have my next brake pad in MY garage ready to go :-)
Old 06-11-2019, 03:17 PM
thebishman
Melting Slicks

Received 731 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by JanosNFS
Thanks for the info. I will keep an eye on them but will get at least 2 more track days out of them.
So make sure you check the inner pads as they can wear quicker than the outer ones, plus you can get tapered wear also.

As another poster mentioned, I use the 1/3rd rule: when a pad for a CCM car is worn down to 1/3rd it’s original thickness, it’s gets replaced.

Get notified of new replies

To Do these CC break pads look ok?

Quick Reply: Do these CC break pads look ok?