Notices
C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Put deposit on used Callaway

 
Old 06-13-2019, 04:06 AM
  #21  
bbbvettes.com
Emerging Vendor
 
bbbvettes.com's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2019
Posts: 552
Received 131 Likes on 97 Posts
Default

well she will have the faster car for sure.... and I think maybe even the better handling car.
bbbvettes.com is offline  
Old 06-13-2019, 04:08 AM
  #22  
Shalviin
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Apr 2014
Location: Elk Grove/ Sacramento California
Posts: 66
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by bbbvettes.com View Post
well she will have the faster car for sure.... and I think maybe even the better handling car.
I agree. Mine doesnt have electronics to assist.
Shalviin is offline  
Old 06-13-2019, 06:42 AM
  #23  
Savoy2001
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2018
Posts: 120
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts
Default

Bb vets it's right in that you should double check the things he mentioned. He owns car dealerships in Florida so he knows what he's talking about. However the price your paying is already fantastic so just tread a little light you don't wanna lose the deal over nonsense if there's no there there if you get my meaning. Definitely double check things though. Just don't be one of those nickel and dime customers. Bb knowd what I mean. If you force them to take a **** deal if you have a problem down the road you make it so no one wants to deal with you. In case you can't tell I'm in the car business as well. 👍

Last edited by Savoy2001; 06-13-2019 at 06:42 AM.
Savoy2001 is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Shalviin (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 07:03 AM
  #24  
hcvone
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Member Since: Aug 1999
Location: Huntingdon Valley Pa
Posts: 18,906
Received 545 Likes on 375 Posts
Default

Congrats and best of luck, Callaway build nice things, I have always wanted a Callaway but HATE the supercharger sticking thru the hood, so I found a solution for me so I could get my Callaway finally, of course it's this
hcvone is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by hcvone:
Callaway Chris (06-13-2019), Shalviin (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 08:50 AM
  #25  
Shalviin
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Apr 2014
Location: Elk Grove/ Sacramento California
Posts: 66
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Savoy2001 View Post
Bb vets it's right in that you should double check the things he mentioned. He owns car dealerships in Florida so he knows what he's talking about. However the price your paying is already fantastic so just tread a little light you don't wanna lose the deal over nonsense if there's no there there if you get my meaning. Definitely double check things though. Just don't be one of those nickel and dime customers. Bb knowd what I mean. If you force them to take a **** deal if you have a problem down the road you make it so no one wants to deal with you. In case you can't tell I'm in the car business as well. 👍
I get what you are saying. Thank you.

Originally Posted by hcvone View Post
Congrats and best of luck, Callaway build nice things, I have always wanted a Callaway but HATE the supercharger sticking thru the hood, so I found a solution for me so I could get my Callaway finally, of course it's this
😮 Sweet ride!!!!!!

Last edited by Steven Bell; 06-13-2019 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Merged Posts - Please use the Multi Quote button to respond to multiple people in a single response.
Shalviin is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Savoy2001 (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 09:37 AM
  #26  
Savoy2001
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2018
Posts: 120
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by hcvone View Post
Congrats and best of luck, Callaway build nice things, I have always wanted a Callaway but HATE the supercharger sticking thru the hood, so I found a solution for me so I could get my Callaway finally, of course it's this
Rst Callaway Tahoe is awesome bro. Gratz.
Savoy2001 is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Shalviin (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 10:02 AM
  #27  
Shalviin
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Apr 2014
Location: Elk Grove/ Sacramento California
Posts: 66
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default

I know these cars have overheating issues. But is that real hard driving on the track or in general? I am wondering what the chances are of that happening during my 550 miles drive back home in 95 degree weather. Of course with random Ďspiritedí driving once in a while.
Shalviin is offline  
Old 06-13-2019, 10:32 AM
  #28  
Savoy2001
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2018
Posts: 120
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Shalviin View Post
I know these cars have overheating issues. But is that real hard driving on the track or in general? I am wondering what the chances are of that happening during my 550 miles drive back home in 95 degree weather. Of course with random Ďspiritedí driving once in a while.
After having read a ton on the issue here, here's my take. It's pretty well understood A8 or not there is no possibility of over heating or going into limp mode with reduced power on the street no matter how hard you drive. Now on the track. Different stories from different people in different situations. As far as the auto cars 15-16 without aux cooler Depending on where in the country you are and the ambient track temperature and how hard you drive the car and for how long can and will determine if you go into limp mode in an overheating situation. The manual seven cars or very rare to go into an overheating situation from what Iíve read here no matter what the conditions however it is possible. All that said the cooling situation in the Callaway is better. How much better I donít know as Iíve never tracked my car. I have read and seen videos on YouTube of people Tracking their Callaways and I have not heard of any overheating situations. However with one caveat that doesnít mean itís never happened just because Iíve never heard of it. I will say Callawayís triple into cool system with a supercharger is vastly superior to the stock one from GM. That's my take. Iím sure others with a lot more track information and experience can chime in.
Savoy2001 is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Shalviin (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 10:53 AM
  #29  
Callaway Chris
Platinum Supporting Vendor
 
Callaway Chris's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2001
Location: Callaway Cars - Old Lyme, Connecticut
Posts: 5,902
Received 550 Likes on 333 Posts
Default

Previous owner added stripes on the roof, hood, and sides. Looks like 90% were removed. It was tape, and easily removed. Hope this helps.
Callaway Chris is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by Callaway Chris:
bbbvettes.com (06-13-2019), Shalviin (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 11:14 AM
  #30  
Shalviin
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Apr 2014
Location: Elk Grove/ Sacramento California
Posts: 66
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Savoy2001 View Post
After having read a ton on the issue here, here's my take. It's pretty well understood A8 or not there is no possibility of over heating or going into limp mode with reduced power on the street no matter how hard you drive. Now on the track. Different stories from different people in different situations. As far as the auto cars 15-16 without aux cooler Depending on where in the country you are and the ambient track temperature and how hard you drive the car and for how long can and will determine if you go into limp mode in an overheating situation. The manual seven cars or very rare to go into an overheating situation from what Iíve read here no matter what the conditions however it is possible. All that said the cooling situation in the Callaway is better. How much better I donít know as Iíve never tracked my car. I have read and seen videos on YouTube of people Tracking their Callaways and I have not heard of any overheating situations. However with one caveat that doesnít mean itís never happened just because Iíve never heard of it. I will say Callawayís triple into cool system with a supercharger is vastly superior to the stock one from GM. That's my take. Iím sure others with a lot more track information and experience can chime in.
Thank you for the detailed explanation. I will be sure to step on it a few times. There is a 250 mile return policy. If anythingís gotta happen, it better happen in those miles. Lol

Originally Posted by Callaway Chris View Post
Previous owner added stripes on the roof, hood, and sides. Looks like 90% were removed. It was tape, and easily removed. Hope this helps.
Yeah thats the FIRST thing I will do. Take those stripes off. I gotta admit he had great taste in performance mods. Not so much with sticker mods. Lol. I am hoping they fly off once I hit 130mph on the way back. 😬 JK!

Last edited by Steven Bell; 06-13-2019 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Merged Posts - Please use the Multi Quote button to respond to multiple people in a single response.
Shalviin is offline  
Old 06-13-2019, 11:54 AM
  #31  
383vett
CF Senior Member
 
383vett's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2003
Location: moraga ca
Posts: 16,015
Received 734 Likes on 544 Posts
Default

Let's see, you're getting a good deal on a low mileage 2015Z and getting a free $15000 upgrade because the dealer doesn't realize it's a Callaway? I wouldn't go hardass over a $300 piece of dash trim or try to low ball the guy. Pay up, get the car. It's still under warranty. If it turns out somehow to be a dud, you can easily sell it for at least what you paid for it. You snooze, you lose and you'll be looking to spend 53K for a regular 2015Z.
383vett is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by 383vett:
Savoy2001 (06-13-2019), Shalviin (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 12:12 PM
  #32  
Shalviin
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Apr 2014
Location: Elk Grove/ Sacramento California
Posts: 66
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 383vett View Post
Let's see, you're getting a good deal on a low mileage 2015Z and getting a free $15000 upgrade because the dealer doesn't realize it's a Callaway? I wouldn't go hardass over a $300 piece of dash trim or try to low ball the guy. Pay up, get the car. It's still under warranty. If it turns out somehow to be a dud, you can easily sell it for at least what you paid for it. You snooze, you lose and you'll be looking to spend 53K for a regular 2015Z.
Thank you. I get where BBB is coming from. But I see your point too.
Shalviin is offline  
Old 06-13-2019, 02:07 PM
  #33  
Savoy2001
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2018
Posts: 120
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 383vett View Post
Let's see, you're getting a good deal on a low mileage 2015Z and getting a free $15000 upgrade because the dealer doesn't realize it's a Callaway? I wouldn't go hardass over a $300 piece of dash trim or try to low ball the guy. Pay up, get the car. It's still under warranty. If it turns out somehow to be a dud, you can easily sell it for at least what you paid for it. You snooze, you lose and you'll be looking to spend 53K for a regular 2015Z.
This right here. Makes perfect sense.
Savoy2001 is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Shalviin (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 05:09 PM
  #34  
rcgldr
CF Senior Member
 
rcgldr's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2018
Posts: 193
Likes: 0
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Default

I'm also thinking the dealer doesn't realize it is a Callaway. Looking at the online sites that list cars for sale, $59K is less than the typical price listed for a non-Callaway Z06, ranging from $60K to $67K, with the variations due to mileage, 1LZ, 2LZ, 3LZ, Z06 options.

Last edited by rcgldr; 06-13-2019 at 05:09 PM.
rcgldr is offline  
Old 06-13-2019, 05:22 PM
  #35  
Shalviin
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Apr 2014
Location: Elk Grove/ Sacramento California
Posts: 66
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by rcgldr View Post
I'm also thinking the dealer doesn't realize it is a Callaway. Looking at the online sites that list cars for sale, $59K is less than the typical price listed for a non-Callaway Z06, ranging from $60K to $67K, with the variations due to mileage, 1LZ, 2LZ, 3LZ, Z06 options.
Unless there is something underlying wrong with the car, this is the best priced z06 I have found for the options and mileage. I found regular 2lz and 3lz cars with mileage in the 30k range for this price or more around here.
Shalviin is offline  
Old 06-13-2019, 05:25 PM
  #36  
bbbvettes.com
Emerging Vendor
 
bbbvettes.com's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2019
Posts: 552
Received 131 Likes on 97 Posts
Default

If I had to take a wild guess, i would say if the car has no issues, then the reason the dealer has it marked so low is because they did not know the Callaway carries the factory warranty after the mods.

In our biz, aftermarket cars are worth LESS than stock cars. Customers are spooked by big engine mods and no warranty... nor can our 3rd party warranties that we sell in the finance office, protect such modifications.

Modded cars are normally perceived as a dice game, from the customer's perspective.

Last edited by bbbvettes.com; 06-13-2019 at 06:38 PM.
bbbvettes.com is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Shalviin (06-14-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 05:32 PM
  #37  
Shalviin
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Apr 2014
Location: Elk Grove/ Sacramento California
Posts: 66
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by bbbvettes.com View Post
If I had to take a wild guess, i would say if the car has no issues, the reason the dealer has it marked so low is because they did not know the Callaway carries the factory warranty after the mods.

In our biz, aftermarket cars are worth LESS than stock cars. Customers are spooked by big engine mods and no warranty... nor can our 3rd party warranties that we sell in the finance office, protect such modifications.

The cars are normally a dice game, from the customer's perspective.
Makes sense. Not everyone knows who Callaway is. They must have thought the previous owner was a golf enthusiast. 😬
Shalviin is offline  
The following users liked this post:
bbbvettes.com (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 09:18 PM
  #38  
Savoy2001
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2018
Posts: 120
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by bbbvettes.com View Post
If I had to take a wild guess, i would say if the car has no issues, then the reason the dealer has it marked so low is because they did not know the Callaway carries the factory warranty after the mods.

In our biz, aftermarket cars are worth LESS than stock cars. Customers are spooked by big engine mods and no warranty... nor can our 3rd party warranties that we sell in the finance office, protect such modifications.

Modded cars are normally perceived as a dice game, from the customer's perspective.
Absolutely correct. When they took the car in they were probably concerned that a modded car would be a problem to sell. That and they probably have no idea the Callaway mod carries a premium.
Savoy2001 is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by Savoy2001:
bbbvettes.com (06-13-2019), Shalviin (06-13-2019)
Old 06-14-2019, 09:15 PM
  #39  
92_383LT4
Junior Member
 
92_383LT4's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 30
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Default

Did you get the car or are you in the way to pick it up?

I want to hear the great news 😎👍🏻

And see more pics of the beast 😇

92_383LT4 is offline  
Old 06-14-2019, 09:18 PM
  #40  
Shalviin
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Apr 2014
Location: Elk Grove/ Sacramento California
Posts: 66
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 92_383LT4 View Post
Did you get the car or are you in the way to pick it up?

I want to hear the great news 😎👍🏻

And see more pics of the beast 😇
We pick it up next Friday. Overseas guests are keeping us busy until then, and this car is over 500 miles away.
Shalviin is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Put deposit on used Callaway


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: