Notices
C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Put deposit on used Callaway

 
Old 06-13-2019, 12:21 AM
  #1  
Shalviin
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Apr 2014
Location: Elk Grove/ Sacramento California
Posts: 57
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Put deposit on used Callaway

Put a deposit on this beast! Picking it up next Friday. 2015 Z06 3LZ 14k miles with Callaway SC-757 package. Paid $59xxx plus tax, etc for it. Stoked!! This will be the longest 9 day wait ever!




Shalviin is offline  
The following 3 users liked this post by Shalviin:
bbbvettes.com (06-13-2019), capevettes (06-13-2019), edster75 (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 12:33 AM
  #2  
TSLAVette
CF Senior Member
 
TSLAVette's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2000
Location: St. Louis MO
Posts: 1,661
Received 147 Likes on 94 Posts
Default

Congrats! Gorgeous ride, well equipped and great price!

drive it like you stole because you did!
TSLAVette is offline  
The following users liked this post:
bbbvettes.com (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 12:36 AM
  #3  
Shalviin
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Apr 2014
Location: Elk Grove/ Sacramento California
Posts: 57
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by TSLAVette View Post
Congrats! Gorgeous ride, well equipped and great price!

drive it like you stole because you did!
Lol. That IS the plan.
Shalviin is offline  
Old 06-13-2019, 12:53 AM
  #4  
bbbvettes.com
Emerging Vendor
 
bbbvettes.com's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2019
Posts: 531
Received 129 Likes on 95 Posts
Default

what a beautiful car, I love the seats. It looks like it might be a z07 package car with the ceramic brakes too?

I remember that pinstripe package.. I am curious why it is only on the roof? Maybe he bought the roof afterward from someone else, or he took the pinstripes off the rest of the car. Interesting, maybe it has a glass top too, and he bought that top afterward? Not sure, but that's a chevy stripe package that was on the 2017's I believe. It may have been on the 15s and 16's too, but I can only confirm 17s from my experience.

Is it automatic or manual?

Last edited by bbbvettes.com; 06-13-2019 at 12:58 AM.
bbbvettes.com is offline  
Old 06-13-2019, 01:02 AM
  #5  
Shalviin
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Apr 2014
Location: Elk Grove/ Sacramento California
Posts: 57
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by bbbvettes.com View Post
what a beautiful car, I love the seats. It looks like it might be a z07 package car with the ceramic brakes too?

I remember that pinstripe package.. I am curious why it is only on the roof? Maybe he bought the roof afterward from someone else, or he took the pinstripes off the rest of the car. Interesting, maybe it has a glass top too, and he bought that top afterward? Not sure, but that's a chevy stripe package that was on the 2017's I believe. It may have been on the 15s and 16's too, but I can only confirm 17s from my experience.

Is it automatic or manual?
Thank you. Its an auto. So my wife can drive it too. i dont know what package the car had. The dealer did not even list the Callaway mods on the listing. And they had no pics either. I realized it was a callaway when they sent me the pics in my email. Maybe even they didnt realize the mods on the car. Hehe
Shalviin is offline  
Old 06-13-2019, 01:04 AM
  #6  
bbbvettes.com
Emerging Vendor
 
bbbvettes.com's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2019
Posts: 531
Received 129 Likes on 95 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Shalviin View Post
Thank you. Its an auto. So my wife can drive it too. i dont know what package the car had. The dealer did not even list the Callaway mods on the listing. And they had no pics either. I realized it was a callaway when they sent me the pics in my email. Maybe even they didnt realize the mods on the car. Hehe
Those are the best deals when they fail to advertise it correctly. How many miles are on the car? I see now, 14k. That was a great buy. That was probably a 98g sticker car if it had the z07 package. Ask them if the brake rotors have holes drilled all over, or if they have diagonal slits.

Have no shame in the auto, it is what I chose on my most recent Z, and I am faster in it than I ever was in the manuals.

It might be a 2LZ, the dash is not tan like the seats, just giving you a heads up to avoid conflict later. Ask them to take a picture of the home screen on the nav system. Find out if it has PDR.

Last edited by bbbvettes.com; 06-13-2019 at 01:09 AM.
bbbvettes.com is offline  
Old 06-13-2019, 01:07 AM
  #7  
Shalviin
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Apr 2014
Location: Elk Grove/ Sacramento California
Posts: 57
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by bbbvettes.com View Post
Those are the best deals when they fail to advertise it correctly. How many miles are on the car? I see now, 14k. That was a great buy. That was probably a 98g sticker car if it had the z07 package. Ask them if the brake rotors have holes drilled all over, or if they have diagonal slits.

Have no shame in the auto, it is what I chose on my most recent Z, and I am faster in it than I ever was in the manuals.
Ok I will update you shortly. Yeah I dont mind the auto. I have a 2009 viper that is more stick than I can handle. Lol

Originally Posted by bbbvettes.com View Post
Those are the best deals when they fail to advertise it correctly. How many miles are on the car? I see now, 14k. That was a great buy. That was probably a 98g sticker car if it had the z07 package. Ask them if the brake rotors have holes drilled all over, or if they have diagonal slits.

Have no shame in the auto, it is what I chose on my most recent Z, and I am faster in it than I ever was in the manuals.
The rotors have diagonal slits. Good or bad??

Last edited by Steven Bell; 06-13-2019 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Merged Posts - Please use the Multi Quote button to respond to multiple people in a single response.
Shalviin is offline  
Old 06-13-2019, 01:21 AM
  #8  
bbbvettes.com
Emerging Vendor
 
bbbvettes.com's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2019
Posts: 531
Received 129 Likes on 95 Posts
Default

its fine, its a non z07 car then, which is fine. If it was a 3LZ car, and not a 2LZ, then that car stickered for about 95 grand most likely, plus the callaway package, sticker on that car was about 113 grand, so you are getting a great deal.

Did Callaway say they and chevy still honor the powertrain warranty? 2015 had a different length powertrain warranty, it was the big 100k mile year I think, but you will run out of time first. 5 years. The car only has a few months left. If it still has warranty and callway confirms it is still under their warranty, then you want to run it HARD to try to make anything that can break, make sure it does break, before the powertrain warranty expires.

I would have the car's tune inspected by a GM dealer or Callaway, and make sure it has not been altered from callaway's stock tune by the previous owner and a clueless shop.

Don't hesitate to pick them apart further on price. If I were the buyer, i would inform them that is not the factory roof, it is from a 17, put them off balance a bit, and have it pre-scheduled to have callaway check the tune on the car before you buy it. If its not their tune, I would hit the dealer hard, ask at least 3 grand less if its tune has been altered.

Last edited by bbbvettes.com; 06-13-2019 at 01:35 AM.
bbbvettes.com is offline  
Old 06-13-2019, 01:50 AM
  #9  
Shalviin
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Apr 2014
Location: Elk Grove/ Sacramento California
Posts: 57
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by bbbvettes.com View Post
its fine, its a non z07 car then, which is fine. If it was a 3LZ car, and not a 2LZ, then that car stickered for about 95 grand most likely, plus the callaway package, sticker on that car was about 113 grand, so you are getting a great deal.

Did Callaway say they and chevy still honor the powertrain warranty? 2015 had a different length powertrain warranty, it was the big 100k mile year I think, but you will run out of time first. 5 years. The car only has a few months left. If it still has warranty and callway confirms it is still under their warranty, then you want to run it HARD to try to make anything that can break, make sure it does break, before the powertrain warranty expires.

I would have the car's tune inspected by a GM dealer or Callaway, and make sure it has not been altered from callaway's stock tune by the previous owner and a clueless shop.

Don't hesitate to pick them apart further on price. If I were the buyer, i would inform them that is not the factory roof, it is from a 17, put them off balance a bit, and have it pre-scheduled to have callaway check the tune on the car before you buy it. If its not their tune, I would hit the dealer hard, ask at least 3 grand less if its tune has been altered.
It is a 3lz car.
Chris from Callaway confirmed that the car has the GM powertrain warranty until 7/2020 and Callaway’s warranty on their parts until 2/2022. The previous owner had the callaway package done after the fact. In 2/2019. I hope the tune has not been altered. Coz I already agreed on that price.
Shalviin is offline  
The following users liked this post:
bbbvettes.com (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 02:08 AM
  #10  
bbbvettes.com
Emerging Vendor
 
bbbvettes.com's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2019
Posts: 531
Received 129 Likes on 95 Posts
Default

Nothing is in stone until you sign paperwork. It is not your fault if you find out the tune has been altered. It is better to know before you buy it, than after you buy it.

Not to spook you, but I found the car (I have my ways) and here is the carfax:

you are correct, it was sold on the 15th of july, so you have 1 year and 1 month of warranty left on the powertrain IF the tune has not been altered. So talk to Callaway Chris tomorrow and find out the easiest way for them to doublecheck the tune on the car and make sure it has not been altered before you buy it.

it probably has not been altered, but its something that should be checked into when investing 60 grand. Again, if it has been altered, its not the end of the world... you will lack the warranty... but see then if you can bring the dealer down another 4 grand on the car.

bbbvettes.com is offline  
Old 06-13-2019, 02:12 AM
  #11  
bbbvettes.com
Emerging Vendor
 
bbbvettes.com's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2019
Posts: 531
Received 129 Likes on 95 Posts
Default

This dealer who has the car, they just listed it for sale... so it means it still has PLENTY of profit built into their price. I promise you, there is at least 5 grand there.

I would have someone who knows how to look for paintwork come look at the car too. Clean carfax means nothing. People can pay to have the car fixed out of pocket. I would still buy it if it has had paint work, but I would attack the dealer for more money, because I promise you 5 grand is there still.

For them to be selling it so low from step 1... is a red flag in my book. Could just be good luck, but a lot of times, there is something going on. I just don't want you to make any mistakes you regret later. Get all of these things figured out, and you will have a solid purchase

PS, give them a hard time about the passenger dash not being tan leather too, its like a 300 dollar part to get the 3lz tan leather dash piece... I would have these objections all ready to go, and you can easily negotiate another 1000 off the price. "dash is not a 3lz, it has pinstripes from a 2017 on the roof, what is going on here guys? where is the right roof?"

Turn the front steering wheel all the way each way and check the inside of the tires, they wear out on the edge first. Tires are 2 grand... if they are worn on the inside, I would hit them for 2 grand "I thought you said the tires were good, it needs new tires" you get the idea.

you can get more money off, I promise. Make them an offer at least 1 thousand less when you see the car in person, and they will take the deal, I promise you. I do this for a living, we aren't going to let you walk over a thousand bucks.

Last edited by bbbvettes.com; 06-13-2019 at 02:20 AM.
bbbvettes.com is offline  
The following users liked this post:
wilsowp (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 02:14 AM
  #12  
Shalviin
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Apr 2014
Location: Elk Grove/ Sacramento California
Posts: 57
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by bbbvettes.com View Post
Nothing is in stone until you sign paperwork. It is not your fault if you find out the tune has been altered. It is better to know before you buy it, than after you buy it.

Not to spook you, but I found the car (I have my ways) and here is the carfax:

you are correct, it was sold on the 15th of july, so you have 1 year and 1 month of warranty left on the powertrain IF the tune has not been altered. So talk to Callaway Chris tomorrow and find out the easiest way for them to doublecheck the tune on the car and make sure it has not been altered before you buy it.

it probably has not been altered, but its something that should be checked into when investing 60 grand. Again, if it has been altered, its not the end of the world... you will lack the warranty... but see then if you can bring the dealer down another 4 grand on the car.

thank you for the heads up. I will message Chris here and find out how I can find that.


Also, was the dealer license plate frame any help in you locating the vehicle? Lol.


Shalviin is offline  
The following users liked this post:
bbbvettes.com (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 02:22 AM
  #13  
bbbvettes.com
Emerging Vendor
 
bbbvettes.com's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2019
Posts: 531
Received 129 Likes on 95 Posts
Default

no, you gave way too many clues, you told the price, the year and the miles, from there it is cake.

yours took no skill to track down

people who put their plates up on the forum, my friends and I try to tell them, we can see everything about their car just from their license plate.

or when people put out their full names, we can find their car that way too.

The world is totally unsecured right now... things need to be fixed.
bbbvettes.com is offline  
Old 06-13-2019, 02:25 AM
  #14  
Shalviin
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Apr 2014
Location: Elk Grove/ Sacramento California
Posts: 57
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by bbbvettes.com View Post
This dealer who has the car, they just listed it for sale... so it means it still has PLENTY of profit built into their price. I promise you, there is at least 5 grand there.

I would have someone who knows how to look for paintwork come look at the car too. Clean carfax means nothing. People can pay to have the car fixed out of pocket. I would still buy it if it has had paint work, but I would attack the dealer for more money, because I promise you 5 grand is there still.

For them to be selling it so low from step 1... is a red flag in my book. Could just be good luck, but a lot of times, there is something going on. I just don't want you to make any mistakes you regret later. Get all of these things figured out, and you will have a solid purchase
I havent seen the car in person yet. And the deposit is refundable. So when I do go to see the car next friday, I will look these things over. If something looks shady with paintwork or mechanical during test driving, I will take the 5 grand back and drive my hybrid camry back home. 😀 I was leery about the deal too, being that it looked too good. But I figured Autonation is like Carmax. They take in cars super cheap and flip them for a decent price. Only loss here is for the person trading in their vehicles. So figuring this was the case here, I went ahead with it. Also, why would someone just straight trade in a car they just spent 20k on upgrading? But then I figured it was just some circumstance where the guy needed to sell quick. Like a divorce. Or something like that.

Originally Posted by bbbvettes.com View Post
no, you gave way too many clues, you told the price, the year and the miles, from there it is cake.

yours took no skill to track down

people who put their plates up on the forum, my friends and I try to tell them, we can see everything about their car just from their license plate.

or when people put out their full names, we can find their car that way too.

The world is totally unsecured right now... things need to be fixed.
Yup. The digital age is a blessing and a curse.

PS, give them a hard time about the passenger dash not being tan leather too, its like a 300 dollar part to get the 3lz tan leather dash piece... I would have these objections all ready to go, and you can easily negotiate another 1000 off the price. "dash is not a 3lz, it has pinstripes from a 2017 on the roof, what is going on here guys? where is the right roof?"

Turn the front steering wheel all the way each way and check the inside of the tires, they wear out on the edge first. Tires are 2 grand... if they are worn on the inside, I would hit them for 2 grand "I thought you said the tires were good, it needs new tires" you get the idea.

you can get more money off, I promise. Make them an offer at least 1 thousand less when you see the car in person, and they will take the deal, I promise you. I do this for a living, we aren't going to let you walk over a thousand bucks.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man. You available on the 22nd for a vegas trip? We can split the savings. 😜

Last edited by Steven Bell; 06-13-2019 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Merged Posts - Please use the Multi Quote button to respond to multiple people in a single response.
Shalviin is offline  
Old 06-13-2019, 02:39 AM
  #15  
bbbvettes.com
Emerging Vendor
 
bbbvettes.com's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2019
Posts: 531
Received 129 Likes on 95 Posts
Default

I've never bought a personal vette I did not steal

I bought one of Lingenfelter's top 6 fastest cars they ever built, c6 TT 1000hp z06 with over 120g in receipts, 80+g window sticker, with 7k miles, only a couple years old, and I paid 45g for the thing.

That's why I believe you might be getting a great deal, I know it can happen. But understand, I was going to buy the Lingenfelter for 65, that was the deal when I got on the plane to New Hampshire to go pick it up...

but once I got there, I walked on the car, I picked the thing apart, and the guy's wife already had her mind made up the car must go, I could tell.

That poor guy



I've done the same thing with 300,000 dollar boats, obtained those for 45 grand that I've bought in the middle of blizzards. The vette was bought hours before a blizzard too coincidentally

The key is... you want the car more than anyone, but the car is only worth X amount of dollars.

Convince them you are their top buyer, the car is exactly what you want, but due to its problems, you are going to have to go after another white one unfortunately, their price is too high and you are walking.

That's the short version

Last edited by bbbvettes.com; 06-13-2019 at 02:43 AM.
bbbvettes.com is offline  
Old 06-13-2019, 02:45 AM
  #16  
Shalviin
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Apr 2014
Location: Elk Grove/ Sacramento California
Posts: 57
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by bbbvettes.com View Post
I've never bought a personal vette I did not steal

I bought one of Lingenfelter's top 6 fastest cars they ever built, c6 TT 1000hp z06 with over 120g in receipts, 80+g window sticker, with 7k miles, only a couple years old, and I paid 45g for the thing.

That's why I believe you might be getting a great deal, I know it can happen. But understand, I was going to buy the Lingenfelter for 65, that was the deal when I got on the plane to New Hampshire to go pick it up...

but once I got there, I walked on the car, I picked the thing apart, and the guy's wife already had her mind made up the car must go, I could tell.

That poor guy



I've done the same thing with 300,000 dollar boats, obtained those for 45 grand that I've bought in the middle of blizzards. The vette was bought hours before a blizzard too coincidentally

The key is... you want the car more than anyone, but the car is only worth X amount of dollars.

Convince them you are their top buyer, the car is exactly what you want, but due to its problems, you are going to have to go after another white one unfortunately, their price is too high and you are walking.

That's the short version
Heck. I will pay for your airfare to vegas roundtrip if you save me 2 grand or more on this. And give you cash for the casinos while there. 😬
Yeah I will definitely try that tactic. But I bet yours comes with experience.

Originally Posted by bbbvettes.com View Post
callaway has different locations I believe, do you know which location did the conversion yet? It will help me answer the question you asked me in the email
Temecula, CA

Last edited by Steven Bell; 06-13-2019 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Merged Posts - Please use the Multi Quote button to respond to multiple people in a single response.
Shalviin is offline  
The following users liked this post:
bbbvettes.com (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 03:03 AM
  #17  
bbbvettes.com
Emerging Vendor
 
bbbvettes.com's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2019
Posts: 531
Received 129 Likes on 95 Posts
Default

the 2 headlights might be different too, one looks more fogged up than the other.

If I had to take a wild guess why the car sold, it was either family emergency, or overheating.

Some times people just get pissed off, they spend money on a car, it overheats, and they say screw it, I'm done with this thing, I'm buying a Porsche

Happens all the time, so the car is probably fine in that regard... I don't think it would have been in a severe accident in the short time its been a Callaway. The overheating stuff can be solved if you want to track it.

Last edited by bbbvettes.com; 06-13-2019 at 03:33 AM.
bbbvettes.com is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Shalviin (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 03:45 AM
  #18  
Shalviin
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Apr 2014
Location: Elk Grove/ Sacramento California
Posts: 57
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by bbbvettes.com View Post
the 2 headlights might be different too, one looks more fogged up than the other.

If I had to take a wild guess why the car sold, it was either family emergency, or overheating.

Some times people just get pissed off, they spend money on a car, it overheats, and they say screw it, I'm done with this thing, I'm buying a Porsche

Happens all the time, so the car is probably fine in that regard... I don't think it would have been in a severe accident in the short time its been a Callaway. The overheating stuff can be solved if you want to track it.
I dont think I will track it. It’s my wife’s car, technically. I got my viper for the tracks.
Shalviin is offline  
The following users liked this post:
bbbvettes.com (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 03:55 AM
  #19  
bbbvettes.com
Emerging Vendor
 
bbbvettes.com's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2019
Posts: 531
Received 129 Likes on 95 Posts
Default

she might be able to beat you around the track depending on which viper you have
bbbvettes.com is offline  
Old 06-13-2019, 04:05 AM
  #20  
Shalviin
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Apr 2014
Location: Elk Grove/ Sacramento California
Posts: 57
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by bbbvettes.com View Post
she might be able to beat you around the track depending on which viper you have
2009 srt-10 with full aero package and bolt-ons. It will be close for sure. Driver mods apply. Lol
Shalviin is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Put deposit on used Callaway


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: