C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Stupid things Corvette owners say! Agree or disagree?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 10:36 AM
Monkey D. Luffy
Race Director

Received 716 Likes on 472 Posts

Default Stupid things Corvette owners say! Agree or disagree?

agree or disagree??

no!! I'm not the guy in the video
Old 06-19-2019, 09:34 PM
Z06_Ruff
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 174 Likes on 131 Posts
St. Jude Donor '19

I agree wholeheartedly. This forum tells it all. Speaking as one of the younger Vette owners and of the African American race I hear and read these things all the time. I have worked hard for my Z. I have thick skin so I do not let the "hystoricaly" Vette owners get to me. The C7 brought a whole new generation to the Vette lifestyle and the C8 will bring even more. GM is moving forward with or without the tradition and I for one applaud them.

Last edited by Z06_Ruff; 06-20-2019 at 01:20 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Z06_Ruff:
HooosierDaddy (06-24-2019), Monkey D. Luffy (06-20-2019)
Old 06-20-2019, 10:26 AM
Road machine
Safety Car

Received 250 Likes on 164 Posts

I agree with most of what this guy says, with a few exceptions. Modifying...I have no problem with people modifying their cars, they are theirs after all. What I have a problem with is modifications that void your warranty and then they bitch about something happening and they are pissed that GM won't honor the warranty. Certain things will void your warranty because it causes the components to exceed design limits. If exceeding those design limits causes an issue why should GM pay for it?
Wheel spacers...I certainly see his POV on having wheels flush, but if you want that look get new wheels with an offset that gives you the look you want. spacers are the mickey mouse way to do it, and when you are trying to put 650 HP to the ground, you need the strongest assembly possible.
Everything else he says is pretty much right on target, especially the part about driving the car. The value of one of these cars is the awesome experience of driving them and in my opinion driving them fast, like they were designed to be driven. Nothing dumber that letting a car sit in a garage for 10 years and only putting 20 miles on the car. The car will be an awesome find for the next guy, but no one will pay much for that find, the car may have lots of problems due to not being driven enough, and you missed out on driving the car. As he says these are not rare cars (and that includes the special editions in my opinion) They make thousands of these cars and even the special editions are becoming not very special. Cars are not a good investment. If you are looking for an investment look somewhere else....we all tell our wives these cars are an investment, but that is just to justify the cost....don't fall for your own BS. The investment is in the experience of enjoying one of the fastest cars available, for a reasonable price.
The following 3 users liked this post by Road machine:
Monkey D. Luffy (06-20-2019), rogergcam (06-23-2019), tertiumquid (06-20-2019)
Old 06-20-2019, 12:40 PM
Monkey D. Luffy
Race Director

Received 716 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by Road machine
I agree with most of what this guy says, with a few exceptions. Modifying...I have no problem with people modifying their cars, they are theirs after all. What I have a problem with is modifications that void your warranty and then they bitch about something happening and they are pissed that GM won't honor the warranty. Certain things will void your warranty because it causes the components to exceed design limits. If exceeding those design limits causes an issue why should GM pay for it?
Wheel spacers...I certainly see his POV on having wheels flush, but if you want that look get new wheels with an offset that gives you the look you want. spacers are the mickey mouse way to do it, and when you are trying to put 650 HP to the ground, you need the strongest assembly possible.
Everything else he says is pretty much right on target, especially the part about driving the car. The value of one of these cars is the awesome experience of driving them and in my opinion driving them fast, like they were designed to be driven. Nothing dumber that letting a car sit in a garage for 10 years and only putting 20 miles on the car. The car will be an awesome find for the next guy, but no one will pay much for that find, the car may have lots of problems due to not being driven enough, and you missed out on driving the car. As he says these are not rare cars (and that includes the special editions in my opinion) They make thousands of these cars and even the special editions are becoming not very special. Cars are not a good investment. If you are looking for an investment look somewhere else....we all tell our wives these cars are an investment, but that is just to justify the cost....don't fall for your own BS. The investment is in the experience of enjoying one of the fastest cars available, for a reasonable price.
100%
Old 06-21-2019, 05:38 PM
TKgs2010
Le Mans Master

Received 406 Likes on 273 Posts

OK, a couple observations here;

1) I don't put a whole lot of miles on my ZO6, but it's NOT a garage queen. I do Autocross and Track the car on occasion, but I also have 2 other very nice vehicles to drive, and our winters are long and very snowy (around 150"+ snowfall average per year), other vehicles being an AWD Mercedes sedan and a Ford 4WD pickup.
2) I realize the car won't melt, and if I'm out and it starts raining, I won't freak out, I'll just drive very carefully. That being said, if I've just spent 2 or 3 hours cleaning and detailing the car, if it's raining I'm driving either the Merc or the truck.
3) Mods, I ordered my Z with the Stage 3 Aero, and I do like the look, and yes, it does make a difference on the track. As far as hampering the fuel mileage, if I was concerned about fuel mileage, I wouldn't have bought a 650hp car. The mods I have are easily returned to stock, CAI, ported Throttle Body and Blower housing, lower pulley, and all help performance without affecting driveability.
4) Afford it? I get that all the time, "it must be nice", but I've always had "toys" and can afford them, the Z and every vehicle I've owned the past 15-20 years were paid for when I was handed the keys.
5) Street racer? No, not ever, if you want to race, take it to the track.
6) Old guy stigma or mid-life crisis? Neither, as previously stated, I've always been a car guy, and probably always will, I like them all.
7) Superior attitude? No, not into the "anything that isn't a Corvette is junk" thing, that's why I prefer Cars and Coffee events to all Corvette shows, I like all vehicles and prefer to steer clear of the **** attitude of a lot of the single make shows, no matter the make.
The following 5 users liked this post by TKgs2010:
Carvin (06-24-2019), Harbgrogan (06-21-2019), Monkey D. Luffy (06-24-2019), MSG C5 (06-21-2019), Range_Rat (06-21-2019)
Old 06-21-2019, 05:40 PM
TKgs2010
Le Mans Master

Received 406 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally Posted by Monkey D. Luffy
100%
I second that.
The following users liked this post:
Monkey D. Luffy (06-24-2019)
Old 06-21-2019, 08:49 PM
SMG1
Advanced

Received 65 Likes on 36 Posts

Agree.
Old 06-21-2019, 08:56 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,194 Likes on 2,141 Posts

Video is super accurate lol.

Especially the whole, "it's corvette or NOTHING" mentality.

The mindset of corvette owners became worse once the C7 came around. And especially those who own Z's. Even ZR1 guys seem more humble. Not z06 guys. Any car if it's not another z06 or a C7ZR, then they find something negative to say about it. Dare someone mentions a 911 turbo in comparison to the z06 and how it's better and whoa watch out, here comes all the excuses LOL
Old 06-24-2019, 12:28 PM
m0t0man
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by zo6_ ruff
I agree wholeheartedly. This forum tells it all. Speaking as one of the younger Vette owners and of the African American race I hear and read these things all the time. I have worked hard for my Z. I have thick skin so I do not let the "hystoricaly" Vette owners get to me. The C7 brought a whole new generation to the Vette lifestyle and the C8 will bring even more. GM is moving forward with or without the tradition and I for one applaud them.
How dare he have success! I, too, am a young Vette owner. Most of the time it's nothing but compliments, but every once in a while someone makes that remark "he should be spending his money more wisely". Sure I probably could, but I've wanted one since I was a kid and never thought I'd own one, but the stars aligned and here I am with a '17 Z07. For me, it's all about living in the now, not the future. Might as well have one now while I can enjoy it versus when i'm 65 years old and may or may not be able to get in and out of the thing.

I'm pretty sure GM is moving forward without "Tradition". I've heard so many old guys hate on the new C8 because "it's un-American". If it keeps up with them Million dollar super cars, I say Hell yeah! Pending Model choices/price, I may trade in for a new C8Z when the time comes.
Old 06-24-2019, 03:56 PM
Road machine
Safety Car

Originally Posted by RobGZ06
Video is super accurate lol.

Especially the whole, "it's corvette or NOTHING" mentality.

The mindset of corvette owners became worse once the C7 came around. And especially those who own Z's. Even ZR1 guys seem more humble. Not z06 guys. Any car if it's not another z06 or a C7ZR, then they find something negative to say about it. Dare someone mentions a 911 turbo in comparison to the z06 and how it's better and whoa watch out, here comes all the excuses LOL
It has not been my experience that people bash other cars, but you often like to bash Corvettes. You should not be surprised that when you are on a sight called Corvette forum, and you go on to say that corvettes suck,(as you have many times) that you may find people feel hostile towards you. When you then go on to say something truly stupid like you would never see a problem like that in a Porsche 911 Turbo, you should also expect push back against that car.
The following 2 users liked this post by Road machine:
23/C8Z (06-24-2019), Monkey D. Luffy (06-24-2019)
Old 06-24-2019, 04:08 PM
Road machine
Safety Car

Originally Posted by m0t0man
How dare he have success! I, too, am a young Vette owner. Most of the time it's nothing but compliments, but every once in a while someone makes that remark "he should be spending his money more wisely". Sure I probably could, but I've wanted one since I was a kid and never thought I'd own one, but the stars aligned and here I am with a '17 Z07. For me, it's all about living in the now, not the future. Might as well have one now while I can enjoy it versus when i'm 65 years old and may or may not be able to get in and out of the thing.

I'm pretty sure GM is moving forward without "Tradition". I've heard so many old guys hate on the new C8 because "it's un-American". If it keeps up with them Million dollar super cars, I say Hell yeah! Pending Model choices/price, I may trade in for a new C8Z when the time comes.
I can only congratulate anyone who can make his dream of owning a car like this, a reality. I have seen some of the push back against changing from traditional looks (round taillights etc), but most of those guys are gone or on their way out. I cannot see how anyone could look at the current generation of Corvette and not just be amazed at the great looks and the way they blended the midyears with the C3 and then modernized it into the best looking vette yet. If the C8 is anywhere near as good, they will have another hit on their hands. But the one place I push back a bit is on the hysteria of the C8. One guy on here talks about it like it will be the automotive equivalent of the second coming of Christ. While it may be, which would be great, I prefer to wait until we can actually see them and drive them, and then comment. To do so before that is just silly in my humble opinion.
Old 06-24-2019, 04:13 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

No. I never once said the Corvette sucks. Show me.

I may have mentioned a couple of cars I THOUGHT THAT IS BETTER but I don't think I'll own a car that I say it sucks lol. It's a great car that's why I got it.

But you're a fool if you think there aren't cars within its price range or even more expensive for crying out loud, better than it lol

For instance the 911 turbo. It's better and ironically more money. But the extra coin justified it.

It's a better car.

Last edited by Z0HS1CK; 06-24-2019 at 04:13 PM.
Old 06-24-2019, 04:30 PM
Road machine
Safety Car

Originally Posted by RobGZ06
No. I never once said the Corvette sucks. Show me.

I may have mentioned a couple of cars I THOUGHT THAT IS BETTER but I don't think I'll own a car that I say it sucks lol. It's a great car that's why I got it.

But you're a fool if you think there aren't cars within its price range or even more expensive for crying out loud, better than it lol

For instance the 911 turbo. It's better and ironically more money. But the extra coin justified it.

It's a better car.

You said this"
Same with me. I'm not a Corvette guy. I love my z. But the first chance I get in replacing it with something better I will.

Like a 911 turbo s "

Sure your not saying it sucks (exactly) but again on a corvette web sight when you say something like this and you always do, your gonna feel some heat. So as you have been told 1000 times by lots of different people, if you love that Porsche so much go buy one and tell people on the Porsche site how much you like it. Hell you can even bash corvettes and I bet people will like you for it. But when you do it here, expect people to think you are a jackass.
The following 3 users liked this post by Road machine:
23/C8Z (06-24-2019), Harbgrogan (06-24-2019), Monkey D. Luffy (06-24-2019)
Old 06-24-2019, 04:43 PM
Harbgrogan
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 44 Posts

It has not been my experience that people bash other cars, but you often like to bash Corvettes. You should not be surprised that when you are on a sight called Corvette forum, and you go on to say that corvettes suck,(as you have many times) that you may find people feel hostile towards you. When you then go on to say something truly stupid like you would never see a problem like that in a Porsche 911 Turbo, you should also expect push back against that car.
Somebody has to troll, it is inevitable.
Old 06-24-2019, 04:59 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

You said this"
Same with me. I'm not a Corvette guy. I love my z. But the first chance I get in replacing it with something better I will.

Like a 911 turbo s "

Sure your not saying it sucks (exactly) but again on a corvette web sight when you say something like this and you always do, your gonna feel some heat. So as you have been told 1000 times by lots of different people, if you love that Porsche so much go buy one and tell people on the Porsche site how much you like it. Hell you can even bash corvettes and I bet people will like you for it. But when you do it here, expect people to think you are a jackass.
So you dont agree a turbo 911 is better?

Ok how about a Ferrari f12? Not even better than that either right?

So basically if it's not a Corvette then it's not better.

The delusion Corvette owners have is what makes this community sad.

I am not a Corvette enthusiast. I am a car enthusiast. I love all cars. Even the corvette.

But I know when theres a car better than it. And I only said one example in this thread. The 911 turbo. Get over it.

Get notified of new replies

To Stupid things Corvette owners say! Agree or disagree?

Quick Reply: Stupid things Corvette owners say! Agree or disagree?