C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Z07 standard accessories?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2019, 06:59 AM
norlem
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Z07 standard accessories?

I just purchased a 2018 Carbon Z06/Z07 coupe and it had the wickerbill and larger ends to the front splitter installed. Should there also be a set of the shorter carbon fiber winglets with the car? I traded in a 2018 convertible with the steel rotors and it had a package including some metal parts and plastic parts to put on when tracking for brake cooling purposes. Should the Z07 with the carbon ceramic rotors have a package that includes some extra parts for cooling the brakes when going to the track or do the vents on top of the rear fender provide cooling for the rear brakes?
Old 06-21-2019, 12:44 PM
IM4A2Z
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Yes, you should have been given the medium Level 2 winglets. Also you should have received 2 bags of parts. 1 with the foam rings to protect the brake rotors when removing and installing the wheels. The other has the front brake ducting.

Last edited by IM4A2Z; 06-21-2019 at 12:44 PM.
Old 06-21-2019, 01:59 PM
norlem
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Thank you for the information.
Old 06-22-2019, 12:59 AM
Jackie Wang
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is this only for 2018? I've a 2019 Z07, but didn't get the L2 winglets.

Originally Posted by IM4A2Z
Yes, you should have been given the medium Level 2 winglets. Also you should have received 2 bags of parts. 1 with the foam rings to protect the brake rotors when removing and installing the wheels. The other has the front brake ducting.
Old 06-22-2019, 01:08 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,919 Likes on 5,328 Posts

The cars are shipped with the L2 front splitter end caps and the dealer has the option of installing the L3 end caps. The OM clearly states you should have both because the L3 are only recommended for track duty and the owner is told to switch to the L2 end caps when driving on the street. I went through this with my 2015 Z07. Dealer didn't want to replace the L2 End Caps so I had to call GM Customer Service as the only way they provided the L2 Caps was with a complete splitter which cost $2000. The dealer didn't want to spend that much to correct their mistake of throwing out the L2 caps. Start with the dealer and ask where your parts are. You should have the L2 End Caps in the car if they installed the L3 end caps, you should also have the package with the brake ducts but you shouldn't have any wheel blockers since the ceramic brake cars don't get the blockers. If you get stonewalled call GM Customer Service and tell them you just purchased a new car and the dealer isn't giving you all the parts you paid for. That worked for me. I got all of the parts I was missing and a $1000 gift from GM that could be applied to purchasing Corvette accessories.

Bill
The following users liked this post:
BLUZ51 (06-24-2019)
Old 06-23-2019, 05:53 PM
TJC333
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

Two months ago I took delivery of a 2019 Z06/Z07 I had ordered. It did come with both end caps however I did not get any brake ducts unless the dealer installed them and they are on the car. I recently did the 500 mile oil change and noticed brake ducting in the front however I am not sure it is all the parts. Guess I will have to do some research to see if I have all the parts or not. Could be the dealer installed them though I know there is some stuff they are told not to install and just give to the customer.

Get notified of new replies

To Z07 standard accessories?

Quick Reply: Z07 standard accessories?