C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

FasterProms thermal plates

Old 06-29-2019, 01:57 PM
NineVettes
Burning Brakes

Received 528 Likes on 275 Posts
Default FasterProms thermal plates

Getting ready to through a second round of mods to my '19 7M, 2LZ Z. First round included: upgraded to level 3 aero in the front, level2 aero in the back, some ACS pieces for the front wheel wells to reduce road rash; BMS filter, Mamo PTB, upgraded to Z06 embossed better quality center console lid.

In prepping for round 2, I am interested in the opinions of those folks who installed the FasterProms thermal "plates" which are supposed to keep the supercharger housing cooler. Is this a legit mod worth doing? I live in North Central Florida, so especially curious about this. Also, would love to have a fan kit where I can manually control the fans without disturbing the stock tune. I had this on my modded C6 Z06 and loved it. Is there a kit out there for these cars?

So the rest of my round 2 Mods include: installation of new lightweight, track spec forged wheels I obtained in a private deal (gets rid of my bent wheels and saves 29 lbs unsprung rotational weight), Akro full length Ti exhaust (better sound, a little more power and another 30 lbs off), flushing the diff, Katech 174 degree thermos, possibly an Antigrav series 40 battery, another 22 lbs off.

TIA for your responses.
Old 06-30-2019, 01:31 PM
NineVettes
Burning Brakes

Received 528 Likes on 275 Posts

TTT

Somebody here must know about these thermal plates and whether they are worthwhile mod.

Thanks!
Old 07-13-2019, 10:40 AM
TopSpeedNeed
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts

I am also interested in this.... Anybody ????
Old 07-13-2019, 12:13 PM
marc0779
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Thermal plates

I have had them on my Corvette since. 2016 with the blower coolant expansion tank they work well,I also put a set on my Dodge demon it lowered the blower temps on that car also.
Old 07-14-2019, 10:29 AM
Pacembellum
Melting Slicks

Received 689 Likes on 507 Posts

I thought the consensus was they don’t do anything for IAT and were like snake oil. If someone has good a/b test data though please show it.

Get notified of new replies

To FasterProms thermal plates

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FasterProms thermal plates