Notices
C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cold Air Intakes

 
Old 07-06-2019, 12:35 AM
  #1  
Rob'sZ06
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Mar 2019
Location: Ontario
Posts: 3
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cold Air Intakes

What is the best Cold Air Intake for a 2019 Z06?
Without tune.
Thanks

Last edited by Rob'sZ06; 07-06-2019 at 09:19 AM.
Rob'sZ06 is offline  
Old 07-06-2019, 06:57 AM
  #2  
Higgs Boson
CF Senior Member
 
Higgs Boson's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2007
Location: Texas Hill Country
Posts: 9,659
Received 1,065 Likes on 679 Posts
Default

5 inch
Higgs Boson is offline  
The following users liked this post:
HNK (07-06-2019)
Old 07-06-2019, 08:21 AM
  #3  
6Speeder
CF Senior Member
 
6Speeder's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2000
Location: Albuquerque NM
Posts: 4,434
Received 148 Likes on 107 Posts
Default

With or without tune? Without use the Halltech.
6Speeder is offline  
Old 07-06-2019, 10:12 AM
  #4  
c7steve
CF Member
 
Member Since: Oct 2014
Posts: 89
Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts
Default

I have the AFE carbon fiber intake,NO tune,,, i am still on 500 mile break. seems to run and sound very good. I can tell you it fit perfectly ! no CEL i am about 300 miles on the odometer right now
c7steve is offline  
Old 07-06-2019, 11:58 AM
  #5  
Crushinator
CF Senior Member
 
Crushinator's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2001
Location: PA
Posts: 14,382
Received 89 Likes on 58 Posts
Default

That's definitely a great looking piece Steve!
Crushinator is offline  
The following users liked this post:
c7steve (07-06-2019)
Old 07-06-2019, 03:37 PM
  #6  
CamOnlyJabroni
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Sep 2018
Posts: 200
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by c7steve View Post
I have the AFE carbon fiber intake,NO tune,,, i am still on 500 mile break. seems to run and sound very good. I can tell you it fit perfectly ! no CEL i am about 300 miles on the odometer right now
Those valve covers and fuse box cover look really sharp. Interested where you got them from.
CamOnlyJabroni is offline  
Old 07-06-2019, 03:44 PM
  #7  
Kracka
CF Senior Member
 
Kracka's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2014
Location: Watertown, SD
Posts: 4,289
Received 749 Likes on 518 Posts
Default

AFE set the bar with C7 intakes back in 2014 and have continued to improve since.
Kracka is offline  
Old 07-06-2019, 05:36 PM
  #8  
c7steve
CF Member
 
Member Since: Oct 2014
Posts: 89
Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by CamOnlyJabroni View Post
Those valve covers and fuse box cover look really sharp. Interested where you got them from.
Thanks ! I got those from Pete at showstoppers he is on this site. click on link below . his work is flawless !!

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...rhood-kit.html
c7steve is offline  
Old 07-06-2019, 06:17 PM
  #9  
w0rM
CF Senior Member
 
w0rM's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2013
Location: Little Rock AR
Posts: 518
Received 207 Likes on 97 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by c7steve View Post
I have the AFE carbon fiber intake,NO tune,,, i am still on 500 mile break. seems to run and sound very good. I can tell you it fit perfectly ! no CEL i am about 300 miles on the odometer right now
You didn't waste any time on dressing things up under the hood. Looks amazing!
w0rM is offline  
Old 07-06-2019, 07:16 PM
  #10  
BrunoTheMellow
CF Senior Member
 
BrunoTheMellow's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,890
Received 507 Likes on 404 Posts
Default

The problem is youíll see a lot of opinion answers. For example, so far no one provided data. I was fairly certain the halltech no tune intake provided the highest yield in hp. Do a search for actual dyno results. This has been discussed 100x over.
BrunoTheMellow is online now  
Old 07-06-2019, 07:23 PM
  #11  
family-man
CF Senior Member
 
family-man's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2011
Location: Burlington Ontario
Posts: 439
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Heard very good things about the Cordes performance racing 5Ē...but itís pricey as ****
family-man is offline  
Old 07-06-2019, 08:19 PM
  #12  
[email protected]
Supporting Vendor
 
Joe@CPR's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2009
Location: Mesa Az
Posts: 3,054
Received 413 Likes on 315 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by family-man View Post
Heard very good things about the Cordes performance racing 5Ē...but itís pricey as ****
I wish I could make it cheaper and still look good. It no joke takes us 6.85 hours to build one. Plus all the material needed drives it up so much, it's our lowest margin product we make as I refused to let it go higher than its priced at.

Last edited by [email protected]; 07-06-2019 at 08:19 PM.
Joe@CPR is offline  
Old 07-06-2019, 09:48 PM
  #13  
NineVettes
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jun 2018
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 365
Received 179 Likes on 110 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I wish I could make it cheaper and still look good. It no joke takes us 6.85 hours to build one. Plus all the material needed drives it up so much, it's our lowest margin product we make as I refused to let it go higher than its priced at.
Price aside, what are the real world gains to be expected as a result of your testing your intake on an essentially stock Z06? Other than running a Mamo PTB and a BMS filter plus using Sunoco GT260 when at the track, I am stock as far as power gains. I agree the original GM filter is a compromised POS, but how much realistically can one get from a swap without having to get a tune? Only other mod that is going on that is at all related to power is an Akra Evo Ti exhaust.
NineVettes is offline  
Old 07-06-2019, 10:21 PM
  #14  
[email protected]
Supporting Vendor
 
Joe@CPR's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2009
Location: Mesa Az
Posts: 3,054
Received 413 Likes on 315 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by NineVettes View Post
Price aside, what are the real world gains to be expected as a result of your testing your intake on an essentially stock Z06? Other than running a Mamo PTB and a BMS filter plus using Sunoco GT260 when at the track, I am stock as far as power gains. I agree the original GM filter is a compromised POS, but how much realistically can one get from a swap without having to get a tune? Only other mod that is going on that is at all related to power is an Akra Evo Ti exhaust.
My intake being a 5" tube absolutely requires a tune no way around it. myself and many other well respected shops have seen typically 25-28 rwhp gains over other intakes on max effort setups. Never swapped back to back on a bolt on car.
Joe@CPR is offline  
Old 07-07-2019, 03:09 AM
  #15  
C7/Z06 Man
CF Senior Member
 
C7/Z06 Man's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,879
Received 324 Likes on 259 Posts
Default 2015 Z06 AFE CAI dragstrip result using the dry 'low flow' air filter.

Originally Posted by Kracka View Post
AFE set the bar with C7 intakes back in 2014 and have continued to improve since.
I have some (speak for itself) data for consideration, it's not dyno but a 'real world' dragstrip result.

PS: With the stock tune & exhaust I have went 1.53 60 ft's on the 'OEM' MPSS tires and rims. This is my latest fast slip with the AFE CAI & 'drag radials' (slower 60 ft. than OEM tires).


Last edited by C7/Z06 Man; 07-07-2019 at 03:41 AM.
C7/Z06 Man is offline  
Old 07-07-2019, 09:19 AM
  #16  
[email protected]
Supporting Vendor
 
Joe@CPR's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2009
Location: Mesa Az
Posts: 3,054
Received 413 Likes on 315 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by C7/Z06 Man View Post
I have some (speak for itself) data for consideration, it's not dyno but a 'real world' dragstrip result.

PS: With the stock tune & exhaust I have went 1.53 60 ft's on the 'OEM' MPSS tires and rims. This is my latest fast slip with the AFE CAI & 'drag radials' (slower 60 ft. than OEM tires).

You need more data than that. Mph vs da will tell more of the story.
Joe@CPR is offline  
Old 07-07-2019, 09:50 AM
  #17  
MSG C5
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
MSG C5's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2008
Location: The Sunshine State
Posts: 14,719
Received 763 Likes on 571 Posts
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
2018 C5 of Year Finalist
Default

I went with the GM Jake intake installed at PDI and then added a Borla X-Pipe and Tony Mamo ported throttle body, with no tune. I've haven't thrown any codes and I cannot really provide a before vs. after comparison as I had the CAI installed prior to delivery. In comparison to other C7Zs owned by friends, I've definitely noticed a louder exhaust tone from the X-pipe when I put my foot into it and the neutral to first shift "dead zone" has been improved with the ported throttle body.


Last edited by MSG C5; 07-07-2019 at 12:54 PM.
MSG C5 is offline  
Old 07-07-2019, 09:56 AM
  #18  
Chance575
CF Senior Member
 
Chance575's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2013
Posts: 170
Likes: 0
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default

Just got a afe from wheelwell dot com for $326 shipped. Use code july4 for $200 off a $400 purchase. You might have to look up a 2015 to get it to show up. They are a new site to sell and trying to promote sales. I bought a k and n for my wifeís vehicle on a sale two weeks ago from the and it show up a few days later. I got it $100 off

you can get the carbon fiver one too if you want it

Last edited by Chance575; 07-07-2019 at 09:57 AM.
Chance575 is offline  
The following 3 users liked this post by Chance575:
C7/Z06 Man (07-07-2019), gtodoug (07-07-2019), ssmith512 (07-07-2019)
Old 07-07-2019, 03:42 PM
  #19  
James Walt
Junior Member
 
James Walt's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2019
Location: columbus ms
Posts: 9
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

did you get a tune
James Walt is offline  
Old 07-07-2019, 08:04 PM
  #20  
ssmith512
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Nov 2007
Location: Indianapolis IN
Posts: 1,360
Received 161 Likes on 111 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Chance575 View Post
Just got a afe from wheelwell dot com for $326 shipped. Use code july4 for $200 off a $400 purchase. You might have to look up a 2015 to get it to show up. They are a new site to sell and trying to promote sales. I bought a k and n for my wifeís vehicle on a sale two weeks ago from the and it show up a few days later. I got it $100 off

you can get the carbon fiver one too if you want it
Wow! Perfect timing. Had been considering an aFe intake for the past week or so and his fantastic price sealed the deal for me. Thanks for the heads up and sharing the discount code!

Steve
ssmith512 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cold Air Intakes


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: