C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

It has been asked before, but it is a new day

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2019, 11:00 PM
Mr. Gizmo
Le Mans Master

Received 641 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin Marshall
Once again thanks for the reply,

I'm not much of a guy who leases as it's just a long-term rental. I like to purchase things, then I have control of what they cost me and when I exit. Unlike a lease where you have to pay the balance of your lease payments even if you turn it in early. To me I have nothing to show for my money at the end of the lease.

I have gotten fairly close to ChazCron and have been watching the renders and the car looks "OK" but maybe that's just because of the camo. I'm not enamored with the mid engine design. The current Z with the blower and the instant torque is already ridiculously fast, I can't believe you can just buy that thing off the showroom floor if you have the Jack !!!

As I have asserted in the past, if I were to be really moved by the C8 I have a feeling it's four or five years before I would buy one. It's at this point the higher horsepower version would likely be out and Supply will have met demand moderating prices.

My thought process on this thread was not really about whether I'm getting a C8 or not it was about if I should spend money or not and if so how much going from a 16 to a 19 made sense.

Once again thanks to all who have participated and shared their insight with me.

Kevin :-)
You have to know what to look for when leasing. 3 years ago when my uncle was 89. He wanted a big Benz and gave me parameters on what he wAnted the monthly cost to be. I leased him a new S class. There were A couple of hidden fees at the end when I turned the car in for him last month. First time I ever went through a lease process. Next time if I ever lease I know what to look for and will negotiate those hidden turn in fees out of the contract.

Now He is 92 with some sight problems so he is not driving any more. I guess in the end he probably saved a few thousand leading versus buying the car plus it was less hassle for me just turning in the car versus selling it.

Last edited by Mr. Gizmo; 07-09-2019 at 11:02 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Kevin Marshall (07-10-2019)
Old 07-10-2019, 08:29 AM
Kevin Marshall
Racer

Location: Love the Smokey Mountains and the Blue Ridge Parkway, Milton GA and Jupiter FL
Received 111 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Gizmo
You have to know what to look for when leasing. 3 years ago when my uncle was 89. He wanted a big Benz and gave me parameters on what he wAnted the monthly cost to be. I leased him a new S class. There were A couple of hidden fees at the end when I turned the car in for him last month. First time I ever went through a lease process. Next time if I ever lease I know what to look for and will negotiate those hidden turn in fees out of the contract.

Now He is 92 with some sight problems so he is not driving any more. I guess in the end he probably saved a few thousand leading versus buying the car plus it was less hassle for me just turning in the car versus selling it.
Thank you,

My understanding about leases, is they are riddled with Got Ya's !!!

I prefer to purchase and pay cash most of the time. I did take a loan on the car last time because it was 0% and I have very little history on my bureau currently as all the good drops off over time. I wanted to get my Beacon or FICO back up from high sevens to low eights.

Kevin
Old 07-10-2019, 09:34 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,200 Likes on 2,143 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin Marshall
Once again thanks for the reply,

I'm not much of a guy who leases as it's just a long-term rental. I like to purchase things, then I have control of what they cost me and when I exit. Unlike a lease where you have to pay the balance of your lease payments even if you turn it in early. To me I have nothing to show for my money at the end of the lease.

I have gotten fairly close to ChazCron and have been watching the renders and the car looks "OK" but maybe that's just because of the camo. I'm not enamored with the mid engine design. The current Z with the blower and the instant torque is already ridiculously fast, I can't believe you can just buy that thing off the showroom floor if you have the Jack !!!

As I have asserted in the past, if I were to be really moved by the C8 I have a feeling it's four or five years before I would buy one. It's at this point the higher horsepower version would likely be out and Supply will have met demand moderating prices.

My thought process on this thread was not really about whether I'm getting a C8 or not it was about if I should spend money or not and if so how much going from a 16 to a 19 made sense.

Once again thanks to all who have participated and shared their insight with me.

Kevin :-)
That's not how leases work. You use the car for 3 years, stay within your mileage, and then when it's over, as long as there's no severe damage etc, you give the car back 0 money out of pocket.

I went through many leases. I just returned one of my leases last summer. I am currently in a lease that i have 1 year left on. When i leased my BMW, i was a couple of thousand mile under the allowed mileage, and i actually got a couple hundred dollars back.

I don't know how long you like to keep your cars but if you're the type who gets bored (which i think you do since you want a 19 from your 16), and you don't drive much, a lease is the best way.

With a finance, unless you pay the entire car value in cash up front, when you finance you basically are paying interest for the first 2-3 years anyway. At which point most car buyers, myself included, and get bored with it and want something else/new.

If there's a lease option on the C8Z, i would definitely be jumping on that option. I wish i leased my C7Z, because i would have given it back already last month. And got something else in the mean time to hold me off for 3 more years, maybe a HC charger widebody etc lol. Then in 3 years start all over, which should be when the C8Z comes out.
Old 07-11-2019, 03:16 AM
Kevin Marshall
Racer

Location: Love the Smokey Mountains and the Blue Ridge Parkway, Milton GA and Jupiter FL
Received 111 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by RobGZ06
That's not how leases work. You use the car for 3 years, stay within your mileage, and then when it's over, as long as there's no severe damage etc, you give the car back 0 money out of pocket.

I went through many leases. I just returned one of my leases last summer. I am currently in a lease that i have 1 year left on. When i leased my BMW, i was a couple of thousand mile under the allowed mileage, and i actually got a couple hundred dollars back.

I don't know how long you like to keep your cars but if you're the type who gets bored (which i think you do since you want a 19 from your 16), and you don't drive much, a lease is the best way.

With a finance, unless you pay the entire car value in cash up front, when you finance you basically are paying interest for the first 2-3 years anyway. At which point most car buyers, myself included, and get bored with it and want something else/new.

If there's a lease option on the C8Z, i would definitely be jumping on that option. I wish i leased my C7Z, because i would have given it back already last month. And got something else in the mean time to hold me off for 3 more years, maybe a HC charger widebody etc lol. Then in 3 years start all over, which should be when the C8Z comes out.
Rob,

Great points.
Thank you.
Kevin

Quick Reply: It has been asked before, but it is a new day