Notices
C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Considering buying this Z06

Old 07-10-2019, 01:13 PM
usrodeo4

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Considering buying this Z06

New to Corvettes (well I did own a '65 Roadster 396/425 HP vert back in the day, but that was a LONG time ago)...am considering this Z06. Asking for thoughts and advice. I love the Kalahari and the white painted bits option...she's a 3ZL too

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=242852135
Old 07-10-2019, 01:50 PM
thelastday
CF Senior Member

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

Wow a 2016 with under 4000 miles? My 19 has 6500 already lol. Did Z06's come with that "Stingray" lettering on the rear in previous years?
Old 07-10-2019, 01:54 PM
serpent
CF Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 39 Posts

White painted stuff looks awful. Sorry, you wanted opinions.

Im surprised the owner didnt paint the wheels white too. Your car (or potential car), do what you like .
Old 07-10-2019, 02:05 PM
usrodeo4

Originally Posted by serpent View Post
White painted stuff looks awful. Sorry, you wanted opinions.

Im surprised the owner didnt paint the wheels white too. Your car (or potential car), do what you like .
Yeah I did ask for opinions...as you said it would be my car and I love the white painted parts...reminds me of my old 997 TT with the painted bits...I used to call her elegant and badass (she had 700 WHP). Regardless thanks for the reply but I very much like the white painted bits with the yellow calipers (factory special order) and the Kalahari...some of the vettes/Z06's look too boy racer for me...and yes I just bought her, pending my inspection Friday. Again thanks for your input.
Old 07-10-2019, 02:11 PM
usrodeo4

Originally Posted by thelastday View Post
Wow a 2016 with under 4000 miles? My 19 has 6500 already lol. Did Z06's come with that "Stingray" lettering on the rear in previous years?
I noticed the "stingray" too...first one I have seen. I am looking at the car Friday...the owner has said it is 100% OEM and was a special order vehicle...so not sure what we have here.
Old 07-10-2019, 02:11 PM
Shostopper
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Mine only has 1250 Miles on it and I'll be putting it up for sale here in a few days lol
Old 07-10-2019, 02:13 PM
thelastday
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by usrodeo4 View Post
I noticed the "stingray" too...first one I have seen. I am looking at the car Friday...the owner has said it is 100% OEM and was a special order vehicle...so not sure what we have here.
Hmm was that air filter OEM too? Not sure about that.
Old 07-10-2019, 02:18 PM
usrodeo4

Hmm was that air filter OEM too? Not sure about that.
I saw that too...have not asked...I took it was a sticker with possibly a K&N filter element installed but that is another question. Not familiar with the engine compartment of a new vette, does the airbox itself not look OEM to you? Thanks for your sharp eye.
Old 07-10-2019, 02:21 PM
thelastday
CF Senior Member

I saw that too...have not asked...I took it was a sticker with possibly a K&N filter element installed but that is another question. Not familiar with the engine compartment of a new vette, does the airbox itself not look OEM to you? Thanks for your sharp eye.
Seems like a reasonable guess.
Old 07-10-2019, 02:37 PM
Vega$Vette
CF Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice car but priced too high for a 2016 even with low miles.

I paid less for my '17 with the ZO7 options and less then 4000 miles on it. It was purchased form a dealership
Old 07-10-2019, 02:39 PM
usrodeo4

Seems like a reasonable guess.
The owner says it is the OEM airbox with a K&N element and the sticker on the airbox. Also he said the Stingray was adhesive affixed and has since been removed with no paint damage...which I was glad to hear but I did think it looked pretty cool.
Old 07-10-2019, 02:41 PM
usrodeo4

Originally Posted by Vega$Vette View Post
Nice car but priced too high for a 2016 even with low miles.

I paid less for my '17 with the ZO7 options and less then 4000 miles on it. It was purchased form a dealership
Yeah that isn't the selling price...just curious is your car a 3ZL vert with auto?
Old 07-10-2019, 02:43 PM
JJLAI724
CF Senior Member

Received 120 Likes on 84 Posts

Mine is a 2016 2LZ non-covertible and I paid less as well. It only has 4100 miles on it in 2018 when I purchased it.

To me price seems quite high.
Old 07-10-2019, 03:45 PM
usrodeo4

Originally Posted by JJLAI724 View Post
Mine is a 2016 2LZ non-covertible and I paid less as well. It only has 4100 miles on it in 2018 when I purchased it.

To me price seems quite high.
I have looked pretty closely the last several weeks nationwide and it is actually about Market price for a low mileage (under 10Kish) White Vert Z06 3LZ automatic...also, the painted body color "bits" I believe was an approx. $1,250 option...which as I have said, along with the yellow calipers and the Kalahari, is what really made me fall in love with this particular car as my 997 TT had the OEM painted "bits" option too and I find it very elegant and classy. Having said that I trade pretty close and did not pay the price listed...we settled on $71K...and yes a coup MT can be had for significantly less but I wanted an auto vert so yep ya gotta pay the piper.

Last edited by usrodeo4; 07-10-2019 at 03:50 PM.
Old 07-10-2019, 03:47 PM
SilverGhost
CF Senior Member

Received 428 Likes on 243 Posts

No carbon ceramic brakes $7495
No Z07 track package $7995. (CCB ABOVE INCLUDED IN Z07)
No competition bucket seats $1995
No stage 3 aero package. $2995 carbon flash or $3995 carbon fiber

Point being it is selling in '19 new price territory with no high end options to justify.

The color matched bits were only a $995 option
The 3lt dash leather will separate from the dash, only glued on, and v expensive to repair out of warranty. Avoid the 3lt optioned ones for this problem, but buy new 3lt with warranty if you must.

Have all wheels thoroughly inspected for bent/cracked rims.

Send feelers to mcmulkin, kerbeck to see what verts they have ordered and are inbound. All verts have been ordered now. Maybe you will still buy this one, but youll have a lifetime of regret if a new one shows up you like, AFTER you buy this one.

On resale, most buyers are MEH on the matching colored vents option, but the carbon fiber addons, they like.

Air cleaner is modded. Have entire engine checked by a chevy dealer for mods that might void any remaining btb or powertrain warranty.

Stingray stickon is modded, prior owner must have been conflicted.
Old 07-10-2019, 04:06 PM
usrodeo4

Originally Posted by SilverGhost View Post
No carbon ceramic brakes $7495
No Z07 track package $7995. (CCB ABOVE INCLUDED IN Z07)
No competition bucket seats $1995
No stage 3 aero package. $2995 carbon flash or $3995 carbon fiber

Point being it is selling in '19 new price territory with no high end options to justify.

The color matched bits were only a $995 option
The 3lt dash leather will separate from the dash, only glued on, and v expensive to repair out of warranty. Avoid the 3lt optioned ones for this problem, but buy new 3lt with warranty if you must.

Have all wheels thoroughly inspected for bent/cracked rims.

Send feelers to mcmulkin, kerbeck to see what verts they have ordered and are inbound. All verts have been ordered now. Maybe you will still buy this one, but youll have a lifetime of regret if a new one shows up you like, AFTER you buy this one.

On resale, most buyers are MEH on the matching colored vents option, but the carbon fiber addons, they like.

Air cleaner is modded. Have entire engine checked by a chevy dealer for mods that might void any remaining btb or powertrain warranty.

Stingray stickon is modded, prior owner must have been conflicted.
This is a Z06 3ZL auto vert, not a 3LT...you are talking Apples and Oranges sir. Also I did not want the comp seats nor the stage 3 aero....I would have said yes to the CC brakes though. Again, regardless thanks for the input.
Old 07-10-2019, 04:27 PM
SilverGhost
CF Senior Member

Received 428 Likes on 243 Posts

This is a Z06 3ZL auto vert, not a 3LT...you are talking Apples and Oranges
well, actually they are both apples, rotten:

I had the dash replaced on my 2015 Z06 back in July of 2017 because the leather was pealing off around the defrost vent. It was under warranty at the time.
When I took the car in because the A/C actuator has failed and I only get air flow at the defrost vent, the service writer noticed that the leather was pealing off again.
This time it's a $3300 repair.

Not a happy camper.

John
Warning! graphic pictures in this thread!
Old 07-10-2019, 04:33 PM
usrodeo4

Originally Posted by SilverGhost View Post
well, actually they are both apples, rotten:

Warning! graphic pictures in this thread!
That doesn't sound very promising...mine will be garaged and heat vents aren't normally a thing here in Fl., so I certainly hope I avoid that issue.
Old 07-10-2019, 10:01 PM
snampro
he that rolleth a stone..
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 129 Likes on 79 Posts

Cool car, I like the white painted stuff.

I dont think the price is crazy. I bought my car with 6,000 miles last year for a little less, but mine isnt a 'vert.

PM me if you wanna know exactly what I paid.
Old 07-10-2019, 10:12 PM
cal45
CF Senior Member

Received 82 Likes on 65 Posts

Stingray Chevy in Plant City, FL used to put their nameplate on the C7 right under the Corvette lettering on the rear. Not sure if they still do this but as this is a 2016, it is possible that this was originally purchased from them and the original buyer did not ask them to remove the nameplate.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Considering buying this Z06

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: