C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

New Z, how do I avoid in advance the long distance purchase pitfalls ?

Old 07-14-2019, 09:44 AM
Kevin Marshall
Racer

Location: Love the Smokey Mountains and the Blue Ridge Parkway, Milton GA and Jupiter FL
Received 111 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by 16/C7Z
Kevin... you only love once.... it's only money.... you wouldnt be contemplating a new 19 if it wasn't getting to you. . Is that 5k bucks gonna change your life?

Try this one. In your mind be resigned to the fact that its 20k... go to the dealer and stay fast at 15k... ask to speak to the boss man. Tell him you're going to deal with Mike furman @ Criswell if they don't do the deal right now.

If they balk? You walk.. then GO TO MIKE FURMAN @CRISWELL.

if they take the offer you made out. And if somewhere along the way that middle ground is reached?
It's a fair deal. A fait deal is when both sides feel like they left something on the table. Karma usually gets off those with a "great deal" in the craziest ways. Have had it both ways lol
Nunya,

One of my faves usually reserved for my wife though.

Do you or anyone else know if you can still order a convertible. I understand the 18th was the date for the coupe, is getting a convertible already done? If so that changes my position.

I like a two-tone interior that would be my main reason for ordering new. The Elkhart Lake blue over black is very similar to the car I have. I would just move over my stage 2 exposed areo. You only thing I would miss, would be the exposed carbon fiber hood.

We'll see how it plays out my good man :-)

Last edited by Kevin Marshall; 07-14-2019 at 09:47 AM.
Old 07-15-2019, 02:10 PM
RidgeRunner0207
Pro

Received 189 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin Marshall
Nunya,

One of my faves usually reserved for my wife though.

Do you or anyone else know if you can still order a convertible. I understand the 18th was the date for the coupe, is getting a convertible already done? If so that changes my position.

I like a two-tone interior that would be my main reason for ordering new. The Elkhart Lake blue over black is very similar to the car I have. I would just move over my stage 2 exposed areo. You only thing I would miss, would be the exposed carbon fiber hood.

We'll see how it plays out my good man :-)
June 10th was the Vert cutoff according to my dealer, my Z06 Vert went into the system as an order on 05/13/19, was picked up as "SOLD" on 05/16/19 and was scheduled for TPO week of June 17th, it was built that week and delivered on July 02, 2019.

I think you have to get a vehicle off the lot, as all they are taking orders for now are Stingrays and GS model coupes to my knowledge, check for sure, but I think its done for verts
Old 07-15-2019, 09:18 PM
Kevin Marshall
Racer

Location: Love the Smokey Mountains and the Blue Ridge Parkway, Milton GA and Jupiter FL

Originally Posted by RidgeRunner0207
June 10th was the Vert cutoff according to my dealer, my Z06 Vert went into the system as an order on 05/13/19, was picked up as "SOLD" on 05/16/19 and was scheduled for TPO week of June 17th, it was built that week and delivered on July 02, 2019.

I think you have to get a vehicle off the lot, as all they are taking orders for now are Stingrays and GS model coupes to my knowledge, check for sure, but I think its done for verts
Thank you kind sir,

I am better prepared to do battle in the sport of sports cars with dealers based on your input.

There is one on the ground that is the basic flavor of what I already own it's just a 16 to a 2019 with all the improvements so the question is at what price point does it make sense.

Probably never, but I might do it anyway. So I know it's either deal with something that's on the ground or stick with what I have and wait to get a C8 and five or six years.

All my best,
Kevin :-)
Old 07-16-2019, 09:31 AM
RidgeRunner0207
Pro

Received 189 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin Marshall
Thank you kind sir,

I am better prepared to do battle in the sport of sports cars with dealers based on your input.

There is one on the ground that is the basic flavor of what I already own it's just a 16 to a 2019 with all the improvements so the question is at what price point does it make sense.

Probably never, but I might do it anyway. So I know it's either deal with something that's on the ground or stick with what I have and wait to get a C8 and five or six years.

All my best,
I sold my 427 Vert privately as the value for trade in was low even from the well known Vendors on here.

Kerbeck has over $10k off their Z06 models and a killer rate of 2.89% if you are financing, but a lot of them are base 1LZ cars, I would not buy a 1LZ unless it was a track car only, not enough options for me.

When I shopped them all they all were very close on price, Kerbeck, Criswell, Les, etc.........I bought at a local Hendricks dealer as I did not want to waste time on this one traveling to another state and deal with a temp tag and them trying to register it in SC, last two Florida vehicles I purchased they royally screwed it up for me, took months to get it lined out.

Plus I wanted a non-CALI or Northeast Emissions model, and in a lot of the other states their lot cars and ordered cars are built with the extra emissions crap, whatever that may be, I just wanted it as simple as possible and less emission crap on it, even if its just a software/ecm programming.

Good Luck, they are getting scarce, especially properly optioned cars in good colors.

Last edited by RidgeRunner0207; 07-16-2019 at 09:34 AM.
Old 07-16-2019, 11:38 AM
Kevin Marshall
Racer

Ridge Runner,

Yes I've had continual problems with MSOs from cars bought out of my home state of Florida.

I'm after an automatic, convertible, 2LZ only car and they are scarce.

Thank you for your input kind sir,

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Z, how do I avoid in advance the long distance purchase pitfalls ?