C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Full ZR1 Article:

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2017, 09:21 AM
Mordeth
Melting Slicks

Received 1,678 Likes on 878 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '10, '17

Originally Posted by rob62
True but don't think engineers didn't take the ZR1 down a quarter with an expectation. Don't forget, theres a long straight on every track and thats where the Vette always shines.
That is done for magazine articles and internet racers, and because historically it is always done. But the C7ZR1 was built for and validated on a road course. Just like almost all Corvettes. It shines in the corners. Comparing a C7R to a Demon is somewhat absurd. But I guess you are free to compare to whatever you want.
Old 11-09-2017, 10:54 AM
ShahulX
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 61 Posts

not sure baout the visibility with that big dome hood... like the big aero package... but Im a child lol

Really hope it handles that power well
Old 11-09-2017, 11:46 AM
-HAIRBALL-
Pro

Received 144 Likes on 100 Posts

Not sure on this one, I still prefer the overall look of the Z06/GS. Not a fan of the wing, the wheels, the hood, or the front. Starting to look a little "Nissan" to me. I know I am in the minority here but not a fan.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:51 AM
rob62
Safety Car

Received 1,733 Likes on 874 Posts

Originally Posted by Mordeth
That is done for magazine articles and internet racers, and because historically it is always done. But the C7ZR1 was built for and validated on a road course. Just like almost all Corvettes. It shines in the corners. Comparing a C7R to a Demon is somewhat absurd. But I guess you are free to compare to whatever you want.
I would agree. Try quoting the poster making the comparison.

Last edited by rob62; 11-09-2017 at 11:52 AM.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:53 AM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

Originally Posted by ShahulX

Really hope it handles that power well
THAT is the key.
POWER it has, in spades, but getting enough traction to really utilize it is the challenge.

Originally Posted by -HAIRBALL-
Not sure on this one, I still prefer the overall look of the Z06/GS. Not a fan of the wing, the wheels, the hood, or the front. Starting to look a little "Nissan" to me. I know I am in the minority here but not a fan.
It's function over form, not the other way around.
Old 11-09-2017, 12:36 PM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

hmmmmm, what do these track beasts have in common?

If you don't want the wing, don't order it, simple.
Old 11-09-2017, 12:53 PM
SFCA1968
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Oh you guys
I told you GM knows how to design a wing
Chrysler just overdoes things
I love the wing, the hood, everything
Bravo GM bravo
Old 11-09-2017, 01:47 PM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

Default Waiting......

I like it. It's a Corvette ! Otoh, I am going to sit this one out. My '17 Z06 will do just fine thank you. Now at least We can look forward to the C8 ME.
Old 11-09-2017, 02:07 PM
Mr. Meh
5th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by themonk
Really, tell me, which atlas did you get your info from?
While it's not a globally formal designation, that is technically correct.

Middle East, Southwest Asia, etc. will varying depending on where you're seeing it listed.

Just like Canada is in America improper and more specifically North America or in the West or is a Western civilization.

India is also technically in Asia (from someone actually from India).

Last edited by Mr. Meh; 11-09-2017 at 02:10 PM.
The following users liked this post:
LT1 Z51 (11-10-2017)
Old 11-10-2017, 01:48 PM
Ifweonlyknew
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They need to sell in Europe!!!!
Old 11-10-2017, 02:28 PM
VooDooRob
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by SFCA1968
Oh you guys
I told you GM knows how to design a wing
Chrysler just overdoes things
I love the wing, the hood, everything
Bravo GM bravo
"Chrysler just overdoes things.." yes the do, and they did to the tune of 13 track records in 2015 with the release of the Gen V ACR. Their wing is huge, it creates over 1,700 #s of down force. Track focused indeed. If the new ZR1 can, and honestly it should it's a 2019, beat the ACR's records and still have some road manners that is a huge feather in GMs hat.
Old 11-10-2017, 02:33 PM
LT1 Z51
Corvette Enthusiast
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 917 Likes on 610 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Meh

Middle East, Southwest Asia, etc. will varying depending on where you're seeing it listed.

Just like Canada is in America improper and more specifically North America or in the West or is a Western civilization.

People don't understand geography, even many who claim to. Telling people that technically the Middle East, India (and the remaining parts of the Sub-Continent), Indonesia (and neighboring Islands), the "stans" from the former USSR, Russia east of the Urals, the Caucus Countries, and most of Turkey are all Asia, and by only referring to Chinese, Korean, Japanese and Southeast Asians (due to similar ethnic and racial backgrounds( is technically incorrect.

Caucasian actually means of the Caucus Mountains (George, Armenia, and Azerbaijan) which are located in Asia, so "white" people by that definition are technically Asian. However I think for statistical purposes Indians, Middle Eastern peoples (Arabs and Persians) are technically sub-groups of Caucasian. It's really a stupid term for white people.

One could argue that Europe and Asia are actually the same landmass (and to a lesser extend North and South America) and therefore shouldn't even have unique names. You can also say that Africa is in fact part of Eurasia, because it does connect via the Sinai Peninsula. So in reality we have 4 continents: Afro Eurasia, America, Australia, and Antarctica.

But I digress, I'm a geography nerd.
Old 11-10-2017, 06:10 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

How did we get here from what I posted?
Geez, some of you guys need to get laid or somethin'....
LT1 Z51 (11-10-2017)
Old 11-10-2017, 08:32 PM
PeteC7
Pro

Received 214 Likes on 157 Posts

I like it and think it's awesome to have so many Corvette choices. I have no intent to trade in my GS though, yes it's the lowest HP version but I can't say I desire an extra 140# on the nose. Being 6'2" the extra hood height probably wouldn't bother me though.
Old 11-10-2017, 08:38 PM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by Mr. Meh

1) then you can say that the ME is in North Africa as well as Egypt.
2) no one says that Canada is in America, where the hell did you get that from?
Old 11-10-2017, 09:54 PM
slickstick
Burning Brakes

Received 208 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by themonk
Really, tell me, which atlas did you get your info from?
uh... he's right. The middle east is Asia. Do we really need to have this discussion?
LT1 Z51 (11-10-2017)
Old 11-10-2017, 10:09 PM
slickstick
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by LT1 Z51
People don't understand geography, even many who claim to. Telling people that technically the Middle East, India (and the remaining parts of the Sub-Continent), Indonesia (and neighboring Islands), the "stans" from the former USSR, Russia east of the Urals, the Caucus Countries, and most of Turkey are all Asia, and by only referring to Chinese, Korean, Japanese and Southeast Asians (due to similar ethnic and racial backgrounds( is technically incorrect.

Caucasian actually means of the Caucus Mountains (George, Armenia, and Azerbaijan) which are located in Asia, so "white" people by that definition are technically Asian. However I think for statistical purposes Indians, Middle Eastern peoples (Arabs and Persians) are technically sub-groups of Caucasian. It's really a stupid term for white people.

One could argue that Europe and Asia are actually the same landmass (and to a lesser extend North and South America) and therefore shouldn't even have unique names. You can also say that Africa is in fact part of Eurasia, because it does connect via the Sinai Peninsula. So in reality we have 4 continents: Afro Eurasia, America, Australia, and Antarctica.

But I digress, I'm a geography nerd.
If you're a geography nerd, you are a terrible one. UAE is in Asia and it's not a grey area in any sense of the definition.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=uae+continent

Get notified of new replies

To Full ZR1 Article:

Old 11-10-2017, 10:11 PM
slickstick
Burning Brakes

The hood and front fascia look great. Wing is terrible but I am sure it's functional. As was stated, I am sure GM corrected the heating issues with the Z06 and this thing will be fast as hell which is all that matters.
Old 11-10-2017, 10:36 PM
LT1 Z51
Corvette Enthusiast
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 917 Likes on 610 Posts

Originally Posted by slickstick
If you're a geography nerd, you are a terrible one. UAE is in Asia and it's not a grey area in any sense of the definition.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=uae+continent
Was I arguing that the UAE wasn't in Asia? I don't think I was. I was arguing that Asia shouldn't even be a continent (rather it should be part of a larger landmass called Afro Eurasia)

I think I was also poking fun at the fact people who are "white" are also called Caucasians which in fact is in reference to a mountain range which is in Asia. Thus by definition making Caucasians technically Asian (and making Europeans not Caucasian).

But I can see, that this simple logic was missed. Thanks for the clarification though that you clearly do not know much. You clearly are terrible at knowing where things are and the historical context of them.
Old 11-10-2017, 10:52 PM
slickstick
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by LT1 Z51
Was I arguing that the UAE wasn't in Asia? I don't think I was. I was arguing that Asia shouldn't even be a continent (rather it should be part of a larger landmass called Afro Eurasia)

I think I was also poking fun at the fact people who are "white" are also called Caucasians which in fact is in reference to a mountain range which is in Asia. Thus by definition making Caucasians technically Asian (and making Europeans not Caucasian).

But I can see, that this simple logic was missed. Thanks for the clarification though that you clearly do not know much. You clearly are terrible at knowing where things are and the historical context of them.
You were responding to a chain of responses regarding a simple claim about the location of Dubai. Nobody really cares about any of the other anecdotes you are adding, and your argument isn't going to change the way we categorize the continents. Sorry if you're upset about your swing and a miss.

Quick Reply: Full ZR1 Article: