C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Tadge Shoots Off His Mouth Again By Knocking The Previous Car

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2017, 04:39 PM
Oh Boy
Melting Slicks

Received 522 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by mschuyler
You're an interloper with no skin in the game at all. Doesn't matter what you say because you don't count. Ignored.
I own a Corvette that puts me in the game idiot, I am not the Quarterback, or running back or maybe even a wide receiver, I could be a lowly punter BUT IT PUTS ME ON THE PLAYING FIELD.

Last edited by Oh Boy; 11-12-2017 at 04:40 PM.
Old 11-12-2017, 04:40 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,625 Likes on 6,629 Posts

Originally Posted by Oh Boy
Why can't he just let people enjoy what they have. Does he always have to do this? It's childish, immature and shows no respect for the people that bought his previous product.

Corvette chief engineer Tadge Juechter says, "after you drive this car for a while, a Z06 feels really sluggish, like it can barely get out of its own way."
Hmm, marketing new annual model cars has been around since the ‘20s when Chevy (and other brands) starting offering new options and colors each year when Henry with his low price offered “any color you want as long as it’s black!” If it weren't for Henry begrudgingly making Edsel President, Ford would have continued to offer the Model Tee mechanical brakes! Fact is, others were being successful selling cars at higher prices!

They have to hype the “improvements” (however minor) so folks with a year or two older model buy the new one! They trade in their old car allowing someone who has less money to buy it! That is the American way! Early adopters pay the higher price! Also keeps the banks going with loans and folks working to pay them off!

In this case there are some significant differences in the ZR1 over a Z06! 105 more hp! Assume it will have significant downforce where the base Z06 aero only counters lift, according to a prior Tadge post!

Quoting one car mag, Tadge was honest and said “a manual shift is more robust and should be used for tracking!" (Somewhat surprised) It also stated it uses a more efficient intercooler, helping prevent the heat-soak issues that plagued the Z06. (There words I'm sure but many posts from those who aggressively Track having to bring it in after a few laps!)

It mentined, quoting: “the LT5 makes use of both direct and port fuel injection. Not only should this help fuel flow, it should slow the carbon buildup that occurs with direct-injected engines."

They said, according to Juechter—“it will still be faster than the Z06, of course.” Yep, some who own Z06 will buy it and trade in their current car to have the latest and greatest! Wonder what percent will actually Track, as that is the real benefit!

Last edited by JerryU; 11-12-2017 at 05:04 PM.
Old 11-12-2017, 04:46 PM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling
Received 2,239 Likes on 1,033 Posts

I own a Corvette that puts me in the game idiot, I am not the Quarterback, or running back or maybe even a wide receiver, I could be a lowly punter BUT IT PUTS ME ON THE PLAYING FIELD.
What year Corvette do you own?
Old 11-12-2017, 04:51 PM
supermetroid
Drifting

Received 67 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by AORoads
It's frequently said, "it's not what you say, but how you say it." In this case, it's not a reporter or the VP of Marketing making the comments.

Having been the Chief Engineer for both the Z06 and the ZR1, it's in his best interest to be extra careful on what he says, as well as how he says it. After all, it is HIS reputation and word from then, and now.
If he's going to still sell the ZO6 for 2 or 3 more years it's not a great idea to kind of crap on it lol.
The following users liked this post:
joemessman (11-13-2017)
Old 11-12-2017, 04:56 PM
timmyZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 262 Likes on 215 Posts

Im glad i didnt pay for a new Z06, Cuz Tadges, just made a huge middle finger to anyone bought a New Z06!! Wow way to go GM!!! The Zr1 is cool, no need to say everything sucks before that! I wish i had a 18 on order, so i could cancel it!
Old 11-12-2017, 04:57 PM
Kappa
Melting Slicks

Received 530 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by supermetroid
If he's going to still sell the ZO6 for 2 or 3 more years it's not a great idea to kind of crap on it lol.
I seriously doubt anyone in the market for a Z06 is going to turned away because the chief engineer, that most people don't know from any stranger on the street, says its slower than the new 755hp model.
Old 11-12-2017, 04:58 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by JerryU
Hmm, marketing new annual model cars has been around since the ‘20s when Chevy (and other brands) starting offering new options and colors each year when Henry with his low price offered “any color you want as long as it’s black!” If it weren't for Henry begrudgingly making Edsel President, Ford would have continued to offer the Model Tee mechanical brakes! Fact is, others were being successful selling cars at higher prices!

They have to hype the “improvements” (however minor) so folks with a year or two older model buy the new one! They trade in their old so someone who has less money can buy it! That is the American way! Early adopters pay the higher price! Also keeps the banks going with loans and folks working to pay them off!

In this case there are some significant differnts in the ZR1 over a Z06! 155 more hp! Assume it will have significant downforce where the base Z06 aero only counters lift, according to a prior Tadge post!

Quoting one car mag, Tadge was honest and said “a manual shift is more robust and should be used for tracking! (Somewhat surprised) It also stated it uses a more efficient intercooler, helping prevent the heat-soak issues that plagued the Z06.

It mentined, quoting: “the LT5 makes use of both direct and port fuel injection. Not only should this help fuel flow, it should slow the carbon buildup that occurs with direct-injected engines."

They said, according to Juechter—“it will still be faster than the Z06, of course.” Yep, some who own Z06 will buy it and trade in their current car to have the latest and greatest! Wonder what percent will actually Track, as that is the real benefit!
You mean 105 not 155 more HP. That's is the only thing really interesting. The price kills it from there.
When you include the discounts on the Z06 it is more than the MSRP difference. Far more affordable, Some unreal deals out there. Tough to pass on and pay full boat for the ZR1 extravaganza with a big wing?

Tadge can knock the Z06 all he wants they made the better looking Z06 too good!
Old 11-12-2017, 04:58 PM
Kappa
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by timmyZ06
Im glad i didnt pay for a new Z06, Cuz Tadges, just made a huge middle finger to anyone bought a New Z06!! Wow way to go GM!!! The Zr1 is cool, no need to say everything sucks before that! I wish i had a 18 on order, so i could cancel it!
And the purpose of that is?

Now you're not buying the Z06 you wanted. Very smart.

Last edited by Kappa; 11-12-2017 at 04:59 PM.
Old 11-12-2017, 04:59 PM
timmyZ06
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Kappa
And the purpose of that is?

Now you you're not buying the Z06 you wanted.
I already have the Z06 i wanted!
Old 11-12-2017, 04:59 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

My goodness....we just LOOK for reasons to be outraged.

If Tadge had said: "The ZR1 makes the Z06 the biggest POS in recent history" or something like that, THEN cue up the OUTRAGE.
I didn't remotely take what he said as a slam on the Z06, it was more stating a pretty obvious notion that anyone with a brain figured out already.
Old 11-12-2017, 05:00 PM
Kappa
Melting Slicks

I already have the Z06 i wanted!
OK but you just gave an example that you would cancel your '18 order if you had one. That's what I'm addressing.
Old 11-12-2017, 05:00 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

Seriously?
Old 11-12-2017, 05:03 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,625 Likes on 6,629 Posts

Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1
You mean 105 not 155 more HP. That's is the only thing really interesting. The price kills it from there.
When you include the discounts on the Z06 it is more than the MSRP difference. Far more affordable, Some unreal deals out there. Tough to pass on and pay full boat for the ZR1 extravaganza with a big wing?

Tadge can knock the Z06 all he wants they made the better looking Z06 too good!
Yep Typo! Frankly I'm happy with 460 as my DD!
Old 11-12-2017, 05:03 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,753 Likes on 4,182 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

SMH........

The C7 was introduced in January 2013 and hit the streets in October 2014. Then came the ZO6, which was better than the Stingray. Then came the Grand Sport, which was claimed to be the best track Corvette and the best of the Stingray and ZO6 combined. Now we've got the ZR1. Oh Boy, EVERY car manufacturer keep upping the ante. I don't see it as dissing the ZO6. Corvette has simply upped the stakes!

And, by the way, I hope you DON'T buy one-I'll take yours......

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 11-12-2017 at 05:04 PM.
Old 11-12-2017, 05:04 PM
timmyZ06
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by jimmyb
Seriously?
yeah!! You dont remember how Tadges said C6ZR1 was slow and sluggish compared to the new Z06?? Well 2 years later, there is a class action regarding false advertising......
Old 11-12-2017, 05:06 PM
ssidekickbp
Melting Slicks

Received 1,005 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
SMH........

The C7 was introduced in January 2013 and hit the streets in October 2014. Then came the ZO6, which was better than the Stingray. Then came the Grand Sport, which was claimed to be the best track Corvette and the best of the Stingray and ZO6 combined. Now we've got the ZR1. Oh Boy, EVERY car manufacturer keep upping the ante. I don't see it as dissing the ZO6. Corvette has simply upped the stakes!

And, by the way, I hope you DON'T buy one-I'll take yours......
Small correction, the 2014 models were on the streets by October 2013
Steve Garrett (11-12-2017)
Old 11-12-2017, 05:06 PM
supermetroid
Drifting

Received 67 Likes on 31 Posts

I seriously doubt anyone in the market for a Z06 is going to turned away because the chief engineer, that most people don't know from any stranger on the street, says its slower than the new 755hp model.
You're right but as a Corvette enthusiast he's pretty much saying, "We fixed the overheating problems the ZO6 has, this new ZR1 makes it feel sluggish in comparison". Like already mentioned, you can hype up the new Halo car without heavily criticizing the model below, which they're still selling.

Edit: I'm not outraged at all, I just kind it kind of odd/funny as a Corvette fan to downplay a car you're still selling.

Last edited by supermetroid; 11-12-2017 at 05:17 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Tadge Shoots Off His Mouth Again By Knocking The Previous Car

Old 11-12-2017, 05:07 PM
timmyZ06
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by supermetroid
You're right but as a Corvette enthusiast he's pretty much saying, "We fixed the overheating problems the ZO6 has, this new ZR1 makes it feel sluggish in comparison". Like already mentioned, you can hype up the new Halo car without heavily criticizing the model below, which they're still selling.
exactly!
Old 11-12-2017, 05:11 PM
roadbike56
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,609 Likes on 1,037 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16-'17,'22,'24

I'm not saying it isn't better but have some compassion for all the customers that went out and bought your dream (ZO6) and paid part of your salary by buying that car. There are other ways of doing this without having the guy that just bought his brand new ZO6 sitting there scratching his head saying "WTF did I just buy"
I guess I'm odd man out on this one, but I'm going to agree with Oh Boy. When I first started reading this thread I thought Tadge was referring to the C6. But when I finished reading and realized he was referring to the CURRENT Z06. I thought WTF is wrong with him (Tadge). Why would he put down the #2 performing car in the GM halo series that they're still selling? When I meet with other Vette owners some love to quote Tadge. I can't see someone buying a new Z06 and saying "Yeah I bought it because Tadge said it feels like it can't get out of it's own way." Just stating the obvious, "it's faster and handles better than our Z06 and you know how good that one is" might have been a better approach. Just sayin'
joemessman (11-13-2017)
Old 11-12-2017, 05:15 PM
timmyZ06
Le Mans Master

OK but you just gave an example that you would cancel your '18 order if you had one. That's what I'm addressing.
why someone would want a car that even is own designer is qualifying slow and sluggish!!??

Quick Reply: Tadge Shoots Off His Mouth Again By Knocking The Previous Car