C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Deposit made today for ZR1

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 04:59 PM
lavla
Drifting

Received 387 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by ufaj26
* A couple months ago I was leaving a restaurant, getting into my C7 Z51 with my GF and a guy driving a C7 Z06 convertible pulls up next to me, and yells over to us, "you think your car will keep up with this (points to his Z06), not happening, it won't do it, it CAN'T do it!". I said, "thank you for your comments, good bye". My GF looks over at me and asked, why are some Corvette owners such douchebags?

^^
Z06 guy sounds like a real dick head.
Sometimes, it all comes down to, "My PP is bigger than your PP". Too bad that there are people like that still around.
Old 11-15-2017, 05:00 PM
Scooterzee
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ufaj26
* A couple months ago I was leaving a restaurant, getting into my C7 Z51 with my GF and a guy driving a C7 Z06 convertible pulls up next to me, and yells over to us, "you think your car will keep up with this (points to his Z06), not happening, it won't do it, it CAN'T do it!". I said, "thank you for your comments, good bye". My GF looks over at me and asked, why are some Corvette owners such douchebags?

^^
Z06 guy sounds like a real dick head.
Lets all try to be better people than this guy!
The following 2 users liked this post by Scooterzee:
conceptmachine (11-17-2017), Maxie2U (11-17-2017)
Old 11-17-2017, 01:28 AM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmyb
Dave,
I'm curious why you think the car is going to be limited?
Seems they had a lot trouble with just carbon tops for the Z06. Not seeing them making 3000-4000 per year with all the exposed carbon. OR selling that many Unless the price is 99,000 and 119,000 loaded.
If it is that I will be having 3 cars1 But I think over 119,000
and much higher loaded these cars will not be cheap!
look at the 2017 ACR track beast how did it sell?
Over 1000 I doubt it! We will see soon! The price should come out if they take orders on November 20th
The following users liked this post:
Maxie2U (11-17-2017)
Old 11-17-2017, 08:18 PM
Z06-MAN
Racer

Received 675 Likes on 224 Posts

OTE=Rbacik;1595962431]Make the Z06 sluggish? My A$$! You should not have wasted your money on a GS in the first place.[/QUOTE]

Pit Now,
Go back to driving your garbage wagon Viper’s, Who makes a deposit on a car that has no pricing structure just yet? Amateur night for sure!!!!
Enjoy your high end and slow GS and please stop makining nonsensical posts about the ZR-1 that you will not buy!
Have a nice day!
Old 11-17-2017, 08:48 PM
dexterkatt
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Pit Now
Gave my local dealer a deposit for a pre order Orange ZR1. He can place the order when it opens. After seeing GMs description on the web that driving the ZR1 will make driving a ZO6 seem sluggish bettered my decision. Trading in my new GS and sure hope the ZR1 does not have any fascia gap or paint issues like myself and many others had this past year. Im curios to see how it will compare to the Demon in the quarter mile however my interest is in road racing. Also how many wrap these beasts around a tree the first week they have it. Always happens.
I live in Spring too. So what dealer, how much deposit and is the deposit refundable? When I placed a deposit for my '14 C7, Lone Star asked for $5K and NON-REFUNDABLE. They really took a long time to get me a car, then it was another person's order. I don't want to go back to them.
Old 11-18-2017, 01:43 PM
fatsport
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 894 Likes on 538 Posts

Originally Posted by Rbacik
OTE=Rbacik;1595962431]Make the Z06 sluggish? My A$$! You should not have wasted your money on a GS in the first place.
Pit Now,
Go back to driving your garbage wagon Viper’s, Who makes a deposit on a car that has no pricing structure just yet? Amateur night for sure!!!!
Enjoy your high end and slow GS and please stop makining nonsensical posts about the ZR-1 that you will not buy!
Have a nice day![/QUOTE]

Typical Z06 jerk off. Completely clueless.
Go away.
Pit Now (12-03-2017)
Old 11-18-2017, 01:53 PM
Woodson
Le Mans Master

Received 1,362 Likes on 788 Posts

Originally Posted by fatsport
Typical Z06 jerk off. Completely clueless.
Go away.
WTF?
Old 11-18-2017, 03:25 PM
fatsport
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Woodson
WTF?
Did you read this asshat’s bashing?
Why it that Z06 owners are so insecure?

Hammers him about owning Vipers.
Hammers him for his overpriced GS.
Says he can’t afford a ZR1.

Z06 owners have tiny penises that match they’re tiny supercharger. All the C7s are great cars. Be happy for the guy. I know I am.
Pit Now (12-03-2017)
Old 11-18-2017, 03:57 PM
2016_Z06
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Pit Now
It amazes me how many people on this site DONT read or either read something else into the thread. Reference the sluggish comments. If you took the time like I did to read all the latest web info on the ZR1 you would find and see the SAME quote and reference I made by your buddy Tadge. Yes it jokingly came from him and I tried to relay that statement on here but as usual it did not work. For 15 years i was involved in Vipers, and also on the Viper forums much more than here, and I never saw the friction or hatred between members nearly like on the Vette forums. I wonder why there is so much animosity with Corvette owners compared to other sports car owners.
that's because the buy in price for a corvette is 50kish and the viper is 80kish.

weeds out those who won' get jealous or feel inferior when better version of their car is released.
Pit Now (12-07-2017)
Old 11-19-2017, 01:21 AM
bikevette
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Info.

Well sometimes they do. I waited for 2015 for my Z51 for that very reason.

Blown differential, and various annoying issues, from intermittent seat switch failure, to intermittent air bag warning light, intermittent service rear axle warnings (before the diff failure and diff was serviced correctly) requiring several "reboots".

Trunk doesn't pop up high enough to get your fingers under it without difficulty, and now the cabin fan is intermittent, and of course it always works perfectly when I bring it in.

I track the car a lot and transmission fluid is blowing out of the vent, and brake fluid blows out of the top of the reservoir.

Paint is already bubbling on two of the wheels.

I was shredding the Pilot Powers after five-six track days, so upgraded to Toyo Proxes R888Rs and have had great luck with them regarding stick and tread life, but that required a second set of rims of course.

The navigation system is primitive, and the seat memory switches work intermittently at best. Despite that patronizing letter I got in the mail from GM insinuating that if owners just followed the manual correctly the problem would go away.

I love driving the car, and yes, it outperforms a 911S at about 1/2 the price, but you get what you pay for.

Doubt waiting a year or three after a new model comes out will make much difference. There's a reason why the recent Consumer Reports rated the Corvette at the bottom for reliability under the sports car category.

Originally Posted by lavla
Your wife saved you from yourself. We've been down the "first year" road before. The kinks get worked out in the succeeding years. She saved you a lot of money.

Last edited by bikevette; 11-19-2017 at 01:23 AM.
Old 11-19-2017, 06:46 AM
fatsport
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

There's always problems with a new model and Chevy is not known for quality. That said, it's the new big dog so many will buy it.
I'm glad it looks like they fixed the cooling issues associated with supercharging but would still prefer naturally aspirated. At this horsepower level that's not gonna happen though.

Quick Reply: Deposit made today for ZR1