C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

On a scale of 1-10, how do you think look wise did GM do with the C7 ZR1 ?

Old 12-23-2017, 11:08 AM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by cyi1
I love the hood and the spatless fenders. Not a fan of the fender vents, wing and bumper but I understand it's functional.

I would say it's a 6/10.

As for the ZR1 vert.... you can't tell me the bumper and wing are functional and then tell me you bought a vert.

This one, for example, looks like the definition of an "identity crisis".
Don't reflect this on the performance of the car it should be a world beater on the track! But I'm a 4 here right now with the Z06 you must hit dips at angle in which it seems the ZR1
with the hard corners of the front spoiler protruding out hitting dips at an angle might be bad news. Hate the front bill worse than the big wing. Waiting for the ME here.

Last edited by 3 Z06ZR1; 12-25-2017 at 01:14 PM.
Old 12-23-2017, 11:20 AM
mikelj
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,390 Likes on 682 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2015 C3 of the Year Finalist

A 5 or 6, the bulgy hood, that block your front end view, front fascia that looks like it has mumps, and that awful stuck on, boy racers ricer wing are real drawbacks.
Old 12-23-2017, 11:31 AM
Always Red Dave
Le Mans Master

Received 3,078 Likes on 1,729 Posts
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Unmodified

When I started this thread on 11/16/17 I gave the ZR1 a 5 and if in RED I gave it a 7. 82 posts later I have decided to give it a 5 again but a 6 in RED. I just can not handle the big or little wing and would HONESTLY feel EMBARRESSED driving it in public. I will have to see one in person to see how I feel about the front end and the hood bulge but I know GM will have no problem selling 2000 of these ZR1's In a year just for the 755 HP alone! Lots of members Cant wait to track this TRACK CAPABLE BEAST!

Last edited by Always Red Dave; 12-23-2017 at 11:32 AM.
Old 12-23-2017, 11:46 AM
mikelj
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,390 Likes on 682 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2015 C3 of the Year Finalist

I am looking to replace my 40K mile, '12 ZR1, and am having a real hard time deciding between the new ZR1 and a new Z06. I think the determining factor will be how much of a horse's butt the dealers are to deal with in ordering a new ZR1, ADM wise that is......
Old 12-23-2017, 01:09 PM
Doctor Mark
Racer

Received 273 Likes on 118 Posts

For me too much “ boy racer” add ones and not a fully integrated design incorporating the aero upgrades.
Old 12-23-2017, 11:57 PM
Frankie2blue
Melting Slicks

Received 271 Likes on 143 Posts

When you see one of these in life a lot of opinions will change. I wasn’t on with the pics much but when I saw them for real next to a Z06, the Z06 looked like the wimpy little brother. No comparison.
Old 12-24-2017, 07:05 AM
Always Red Dave
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Frankie2blue
When you see one of these in life a lot of opinions will change. I wasn’t on with the pics much but when I saw them for real next to a Z06, the Z06 looked like the wimpy little brother. No comparison.
Then it must make the C6 Z06 look like its WIMPY BABY BROTHER!
Old 12-24-2017, 08:18 AM
rbartick
Le Mans Master

Location: Admit Nothing, Deny Everything, Make Counter Accusations.
Received 514 Likes on 346 Posts

I prefer the look of the low wing and I'd rate the look a few notches above the Z06.
Old 12-24-2017, 05:16 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

I really like what they did with the car. I wish it didn't have the tall hood but understand why that was neccesary and frankly they did a much better job of making that aesthetically pleasing than the clear plastic piece on the C6Z or the hole in the hood of the SC 757.

I also would have preferred a wing that looked a little more traditional than the batman shape but I trust that with P&M involved it well be very functional and it also still allows the use of the hatch.

Other than that, the car is home run in my book. Maybe I should go over to the C4 section and complain about how that looks - I mean really I've seen better looking pinewood derby cars
Old 12-24-2017, 05:25 PM
Frankie2blue
Melting Slicks

Received 271 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Always Red Dave
Then it must make the C6 Z06 look like its WIMPY BABY BROTHER!
No lie there. But as they say, it’s all progress. I would start to worry if each new one coming out didn’t evolve in an interesting way and begin to trump the others . That said though, I still gotta say I still like my C6 Z06 quite a bit.
Old 12-24-2017, 05:50 PM
Always Red Dave
Le Mans Master

No lie there. But as they say, it’s all progress. I would start to worry if each new one coming out didn’t evolve in an interesting way and begin to trump the others . That said though, I still gotta say I still like my C6 Z06 quite a bit.
Just joking with you because you fell into that one! The C6 Z06 is a special Corvette for sure. I honestly like the look of the C7 Z06 better than the C7 ZR1 but I know the C7 ZR1 is a better performance car and the best performance Corvette GM has ever built and the NEW KING of Corvettes! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you! My favorite C6 Z06's below!

Last edited by Always Red Dave; 12-24-2017 at 05:58 PM.
Old 12-25-2017, 12:57 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,919 Likes on 4,805 Posts

Solid 4 I was expecting so much more looks wise. I will take the flaming but to me the Z06 looks better.
The following users liked this post:
BMadden (12-25-2017)
Old 12-25-2017, 03:35 PM
BMadden
Safety Car

Received 1,830 Likes on 659 Posts

Yeah, I'm sure that's exactly how it looked.
Old 12-25-2017, 04:43 PM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

When I started this thread on 11/16/17 I gave the ZR1 a 5 and if in RED I gave it a 7. 82 posts later I have decided to give it a 5 again but a 6 in RED. I just can not handle the big or little wing and would HONESTLY feel EMBARRESSED driving it in public. I will have to see one in person to see how I feel about the front end and the hood bulge but I know GM will have no problem selling 2000 of these ZR1's In a year just for the 755 HP alone! Lots of members Cant wait to track this TRACK CAPABLE BEAST!
You seriously have issues feeling this way. I have a Z and an ACR and really couldn't care less how anyone feels about the wing (esp knowing that so many haven't a clue what it actually does). I cant imagine being the car enthusiast that I am, and worrying about what others think about something that brings pleasure to me.

My feelings on the ZR1-Im a fan of everything of the car, but I wont give it a # until I see one in person.
Old 12-25-2017, 06:45 PM
Always Red Dave
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
You seriously have issues feeling this way. I have a Z and an ACR and really couldn't care less how anyone feels about the wing (esp knowing that so many haven't a clue what it actually does). I cant imagine being the car enthusiast that I am, and worrying about what others think about something that brings pleasure to me.

My feelings on the ZR1-Im a fan of everything of the car, but I wont give it a # until I see one in person.
Bob I will not be commenting on the ZR1'S rear wings anymore in the C7 ZR1 Discussion because I have taken enough abuse from others on my honest feelings about the ZR1 rear wing. Maybe I should have used the word UNCOMFORTABLE instead of EMBARRESSED but I don't care how others on the road would look at me but only the way I would feel driving the ZR1 with especially the LARGE WING not comfortable at all. I am staying out of the ZR1 section unless I have positive posts and let the members who like the look of the car enjoy it for what it is a Track Capable Performance
Old 12-25-2017, 06:50 PM
Always Red Dave
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by dvilin
Solid 4 I was expecting so much more looks wise. I will take the flaming but to me the Z06 looks better.
that's why I am staying out of the ZR1 section unless I have something positive to add. Tired of getting flamed for my opinion of some aspects of the ZR1'S looks especially the rear Large Wing. I only was giving my opinion because the car is not sold to any forum members yet if it was I would not have said anything negative in this section that would hurt some ones feelings.

Last edited by Always Red Dave; 12-25-2017 at 06:53 PM.
Old 12-25-2017, 07:13 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

that's why I am staying out of the ZR1 section unless I have something positive to add. Tired of getting flamed for my opinion of some aspects of the ZR1'S looks especially the rear Large Wing. I only was giving my opinion because the car is not sold to any forum members yet if it was I would not have said anything negative in this section that would hurt some ones feelings.
I think having your opinion is fine.
But when you seem to be melting down over your disdain for the appearance of the car to the point that you're starting threads with quasi-polls in them, then it's a bit much.
I personally am very on-the-fence about the car. But I see no point in rehashing the same criticisms and complaints over and over again.
S.
Old 12-25-2017, 07:32 PM
Always Red Dave
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Snorman
I think having your opinion is fine.
But when you seem to be melting down over your disdain for the appearance of the car to the point that you're starting threads with quasi-polls in them, then it's a bit much.
I personally am very on-the-fence about the car. But I see no point in rehashing the same criticisms and complaints over and over again.
S.
Started the original thread 11/16/17 learned my lesson wont be starting threads in the ZR1 section anymore . Thanks and Merry Christmas!
Old 12-25-2017, 07:41 PM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

Bob I will not be commenting on the ZR1'S rear wings anymore in the C7 ZR1 Discussion because I have taken enough abuse from others on my honest feelings about the ZR1 rear wing. Maybe I should have used the word UNCOMFORTABLE instead of EMBARRESSED but I don't care how others on the road would look at me but only the way I would feel driving the ZR1 with especially the LARGE WING not comfortable at all. I am staying out of the ZR1 section unless I have positive posts and let the members who like the look of the car enjoy it for what it is a Track Capable Performance
Dave, I have no issues with anyones feelings/opinions on any car. I too can be very critical on cars and feel that some make it way too personal (not at all what I was trying to do). My point was that when buying such an item (a toy at that), I cant come close to understanding why what others think could even play a part such a decision. Also as stated, it seems like something you don't want to let go of (the wing thing). Either way, I feel we all should be free to express how we feel about ANY car without having to worry about what some might think about them (which confirms my 1st point to begin with). Merry Christmas

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: On a scale of 1-10, how do you think look wise did GM do with the C7 ZR1 ?