Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C7 Corvette > C7 ZR1 Discussion
Reload this Page >

Coupe starts at $119,995. Convertible starts at $123,995

C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Coupe starts at $119,995. Convertible starts at $123,995

 
Old 11-29-2017, 11:07 AM
  #21  
ZoratZ06
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2015
Location: Phoenix Arizona
Posts: 833
Thanked 321 Times in 176 Posts
Default

Is anyone honestly 'that' surprised? What was the delta between a base 2009 C6Z and the base 2009 C6ZR1? $72k vs. $103k?? That's a $31k delta. Not much different than now.

FYI - the delta between a GT3 and a GT3RS is over $30k.

Callaway is $17k for 100hp and some cooling. GM is asking $30k more (compensating for the CCB) for 100hp, upgraded cooling, more carbon fiber (expensive), exclusivity and no spats (LOL). All in all, doesn't seem that crazy to me. Maybe $5k 'too' expensive. Oh well.

Sure it's expensive...but this is what manufacturers do with their top of the line models. Look at Porsche...look at what Mercedes does with their AMG vs AMG-s package. They charge silly amounts for not 'that' much additional performance.

I'll say this...if this car challenges a GT2-RS in any capacity...and a McLaren 720s...then it's the deal of the century. Sure it's likely $10k more than many thought...but it's still a smoking deal all things considered.

It'll be a 9.9s car on drag radials on a hero run...10.5s all day long bone stock A8, and more likely 10.3s on a good run...at 135+mph...Maybe even touch 140mph. It's likely 2s (or more) a lap faster than the Z06. Pretty impressive. Last front engine Vette? If so, could be a collectors car...

Last edited by ZoratZ06; 11-29-2017 at 11:08 AM.
ZoratZ06 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to ZoratZ06 For This Useful Post:
Judgment Day (11-29-2017)
Old 11-29-2017, 11:13 AM
  #22  
Supersonic 427
CF Senior Member
 
Supersonic 427's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2002
Location: Rochester New York
Posts: 4,656
Thanked 571 Times in 350 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Range_Rat View Post
For some time, there seemed to be concern that intro of the C7 ZR1 would have significant negative impact on C7 Z06 demand (similar to what was observed with intro of the C6 ZR1 on C6 Z06 demand).

There are those that are in the "gotta have it" category --- but I'm guessing that there is enough of a price jump up for the C7 ZR1 to keep demand for the C7 Z06 safe from cannibalization.
The performance of the two models are not that drastically different. However, the base price difference is! I think the Z06 sales may actually increase.....
Supersonic 427 is offline  
Old 11-29-2017, 11:14 AM
  #23  
CORVETTEZL1001
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
CORVETTEZL1001's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,096
Thanks: 0
Thanked 33 Times in 26 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ZoratZ06 View Post
Is anyone honestly 'that' surprised? What was the delta between a base 2009 C6Z and the base 2009 C6ZR1? $72k vs. $103k?? That's a $31k delta. Not much different than now.

FYI - the delta between a GT3 and a GT3RS is over $30k.

Callaway is $17k for 100hp and some cooling. GM is asking $30k more (compensating for the CCB) for 100hp, upgraded cooling, more carbon fiber (expensive), exclusivity and no spats (LOL). All in all, doesn't seem that crazy to me. Maybe $5k 'too' expensive. Oh well.

Sure it's expensive...but this is what manufacturers do with their top of the line models. Look at Porsche...look at what Mercedes does with their AMG vs AMG-s package. They charge silly amounts for not 'that' much additional performance.

I'll say this...if this car challenges a GT2-RS in any capacity...and a McLaren 720s...then it's the deal of the century. Sure it's likely $10k more than many thought...but it's still a smoking deal all things considered.

It'll be a 9.9s car on drag radials on a hero run...10.5s all day long bone stock A8, and more likely 10.3s on a good run...at 135+mph...Maybe even touch 140mph. It's likely 2s (or more) a lap faster than the Z06. Pretty impressive. Last front engine Vette? If so, could be a collectors car...
a bargain
CORVETTEZL1001 is offline  
Old 11-29-2017, 11:25 AM
  #24  
blb078
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
blb078's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2017
Location: Wentzville MO
Posts: 211
Thanked 72 Times in 38 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ZoratZ06 View Post
Is anyone honestly 'that' surprised? What was the delta between a base 2009 C6Z and the base 2009 C6ZR1? $72k vs. $103k?? That's a $31k delta. Not much different than now.

FYI - the delta between a GT3 and a GT3RS is over $30k.

Callaway is $17k for 100hp and some cooling. GM is asking $30k more (compensating for the CCB) for 100hp, upgraded cooling, more carbon fiber (expensive), exclusivity and no spats (LOL). All in all, doesn't seem that crazy to me. Maybe $5k 'too' expensive. Oh well.

Sure it's expensive...but this is what manufacturers do with their top of the line models. Look at Porsche...look at what Mercedes does with their AMG vs AMG-s package. They charge silly amounts for not 'that' much additional performance.

I'll say this...if this car challenges a GT2-RS in any capacity...and a McLaren 720s...then it's the deal of the century. Sure it's likely $10k more than many thought...but it's still a smoking deal all things considered.

It'll be a 9.9s car on drag radials on a hero run...10.5s all day long bone stock A8, and more likely 10.3s on a good run...at 135+mph...Maybe even touch 140mph. It's likely 2s (or more) a lap faster than the Z06. Pretty impressive. Last front engine Vette? If so, could be a collectors car...

Straight line/quarter mile speed it wont challenge the 720s. There are already videos showing stock 720s running 9.70s and 9.90s with stock tires. My personal opinion is it wont challenge the GT2-RS on the ring either, it will be fast but not that fast, probably right around what the Huracan Performante did or maybe a couple seconds slower.
blb078 is offline  
Old 11-29-2017, 11:48 AM
  #25  
rikhek
CF Senior Member
 
rikhek's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2005
Location: Tulsa Oklahoma
Posts: 3,876
Thanked 769 Times in 358 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Poor-sha View Post
I think your math is off. 1LZ to 1ZR it's $92K to $120K if you include the Z07 package and required aero. 3LZ to 3ZR its $102K to $130K. Either way its a $28K up charge and that doesn't include the the ZTK package.

I like the car but I am disappointed in the pricing. I guess we'll see what the market forces end up being.
Ditto. Pricing is disappointing. For me it's not enough of an improvement to justify selling my 2017 C7Z for one.

For $120k you'd think the dumb asses would at least put real forged wheels on it instead of cheap *** spun forged wheels. Sometimes you have to wonder who's in charge and making these decisions. Their employment should be terminated...

Rick
rikhek is offline  
Old 11-29-2017, 11:53 AM
  #26  
rikhek
CF Senior Member
 
rikhek's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2005
Location: Tulsa Oklahoma
Posts: 3,876
Thanked 769 Times in 358 Posts
Default

Also FWIW, another non-truth by Tadge when he said it wouldn't be more than double the price of a Stingray. Stingray base is $55,495. Double that is $110,990. Tadge should have been a politician...
rikhek is offline  
Old 11-29-2017, 11:54 AM
  #27  
ZoratZ06
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2015
Location: Phoenix Arizona
Posts: 833
Thanked 321 Times in 176 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by blb078 View Post
Straight line/quarter mile speed it wont challenge the 720s. There are already videos showing stock 720s running 9.70s and 9.90s with stock tires. My personal opinion is it wont challenge the GT2-RS on the ring either, it will be fast but not that fast, probably right around what the Huracan Performante did or maybe a couple seconds slower.
I agree with you on the 720s comment...They are beasts that are more likely pushing 800hp. Hard to believe it's as fast or faster than a P1 with '200 less hp'...that's why I think they are a lot more than 720hp.

As for the GT2RS ring time...call me skeptical, but I don't think the GT2RS time is the same car you're getting at your local dealership, if you know what I mean. THUS, I think when they go to MRLS for an 'independent' test I think the ZR1 will compare VERY favorably. It has in the past with the C6, and there's no reason to think it won't now either.
ZoratZ06 is offline  
Old 11-29-2017, 12:01 PM
  #28  
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!
 
jvp's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 1999
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 8,693
Thanked 1,682 Times in 460 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Facilitator

Default

Originally Posted by rikhek View Post
Also FWIW, another non-truth by Tadge when he said it wouldn't be more than double the price of a Stingray. Stingray base is $55,495. Double that is $110,990. Tadge should have been a politician...
Rick, I think you need to step back from the keyboard and take a break. Further, stop insulting folks on the team.

"Juechter said the ZR1 won’t be double the price of the Stingray."

That's all that was printed in Motor Trend's reveal. That's it. Period. Full stop. "won't be double the price of the Stingray".

And it's not. It's more than that. He revealed what he was allowed to at the time he was allowed to. Get it?

Relax.
jvp is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jvp For This Useful Post:
98vert6spd (12-07-2017), elegant (11-29-2017)
Old 11-29-2017, 12:02 PM
  #29  
blb078
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
blb078's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2017
Location: Wentzville MO
Posts: 211
Thanked 72 Times in 38 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ZoratZ06 View Post
I agree with you on the 720s comment...They are beasts that are more likely pushing 800hp. Hard to believe it's as fast or faster than a P1 with '200 less hp'...that's why I think they are a lot more than 720hp.

As for the GT2RS ring time...call me skeptical, but I don't think the GT2RS time is the same car you're getting at your local dealership, if you know what I mean. THUS, I think when they go to MRLS for an 'independent' test I think the ZR1 will compare VERY favorably. It has in the past with the C6, and there's no reason to think it won't now either.
Yea the 720s is over 800hp at the crank. Two have already been put on the dyno and one was 680ish rwhp and another was 690ish rwhp. So unless McLaren has figured out some awesome technology that really limits drive train loss then they are definitely 800hp engines. It doesn't hurt that it's 3000lbs wet too. As for the GT2-RS I know what you are saying and I've heard other people say that. The same thing happened with the Huracan Performante.

My thinking on that is that there are enough 3rd party magazines and recreational drivers out there that will test this and while they might not be as good as factory race car drivers, they are good enough to where you can look at their times and the official times and see if something is up. But I think the ZR1 doing a sub 7 min time is definitely a possibility now. Which when you look at the price of a Perofrmante and GT2-RS(which will be impossible to get) it's a bargain for the road racer if it does sub7 min times.

Last edited by blb078; 11-29-2017 at 12:18 PM.
blb078 is offline  
Old 11-29-2017, 12:18 PM
  #30  
TARANTULA
CF Senior Member
 
TARANTULA's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2009
Location: Wellington FL
Posts: 1,509
Thanked 99 Times in 65 Posts
Default

I actually think the price is too low for the amount of performance you get. My problem is that the price is too high for the service / dealer experience you get.
TARANTULA is online now  
Old 11-29-2017, 12:22 PM
  #31  
rikhek
CF Senior Member
 
rikhek's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2005
Location: Tulsa Oklahoma
Posts: 3,876
Thanked 769 Times in 358 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jvp View Post
Rick, I think you need to step back from the keyboard and take a break. Further, stop insulting folks on the team.

"Juechter said the ZR1 won’t be double the price of the Stingray."

That's all that was printed in Motor Trend's reveal. That's it. Period. Full stop. "won't be double the price of the Stingray".

And it's not. It's more than that. He revealed what he was allowed to at the time he was allowed to. Get it?

Relax.
jvp,

I respect you, your contributions to the forum and the help you previously provided me with a problematic car.

However, your constant condescending responses to forum contributors is getting old. Especially when you respond to valid comments/critiques. I haven't drank the Team Corvette Kool Aid as you have and will call a spade-a-spade. Your never ending support of the "team" is not always justified. Tadge consistently makes untruthful statements and should be held accountable for his words/actions.

The "team" does well on 90% of the car and then drops the ball on important items and falls short/lies trying to rectify. I spend a lot of money on Corvette's and as such have paid for the right to criticize/critique/comment.

I "get it", I'm just not sure you do as you have your Team Corvette blinders on. Your statement is just silly. I'm pretty certain people interpret Tadge stating it wouldn't be double the price of a Stingray implies it would be less.

Maybe it's time for you to stop the constant RAH-RAH-RAH, GO TEAM, even after the team fumbles the ball.

Rick

P.S. FYI, despite what Tadge has said my 2017 M7 still overheats on track and I believe there are a few people still waiting on the reasonably priced cooling retrofits he said would be available for 15 - 16 owners. I also saw his nose grow when he stated he wasn't aware of there being an issue with the cast C7Z wheels bending.

I won't even go into him stating he's unaware of there being an issue with valves dropping on the LS7 engines.

Last edited by rikhek; 11-29-2017 at 12:25 PM.
rikhek is offline  
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rikhek For This Useful Post:
descartesfool (11-29-2017), Hirohawa (11-29-2017), KustomsbyKev (12-02-2017), SoCalFinest (11-29-2017), SurfnSun (11-29-2017), thegame (11-29-2017), Torchsport (11-30-2017), Xanthophyll (11-30-2017)
Old 11-29-2017, 12:24 PM
  #32  
[email protected] Motorsports
Former Vendor
 
Member Since: Oct 2017
Location: Anna TX
Posts: 81
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

I'm just looking forward to seeing what the LT5 engine can hold for more power.

We really do hope it doesn't run into the same overheating issues like the Z.

Last edited by [email protected] Motorsports; 11-29-2017 at 12:25 PM.
LA@LG Motorsports is offline  
Old 11-29-2017, 12:31 PM
  #33  
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!
 
jvp's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 1999
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 8,693
Thanked 1,682 Times in 460 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Facilitator

Default

Rick -

Originally Posted by rikhek View Post
However, your constant condescending responses to forum contributors is getting old. Especially when you respond to valid comments/critiques.
When you're able to argue my specific point without a rant and attack attached to it, get back to me. Calling the VLE a liar is pretty insulting and condescending as well.
jvp is offline  
Old 11-29-2017, 12:43 PM
  #34  
SoCalFinest
CF Senior Member
 
SoCalFinest's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2017
Location: West Coast
Posts: 293
Thanked 55 Times in 36 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by rikhek View Post
Also FWIW, another non-truth by Tadge when he said it wouldn't be more than double the price of a Stingray. Stingray base is $55,495. Double that is $110,990. Tadge should have been a politician...
I agree with Rick, won't double the price of a Stingray specifically indicates it won't cost more than $110k. Tadge words were off by $10k and that's pretty disappointing.

However, maybe GM upcharged the price after Tadge thought it would be around $110k? Or maybe he knows it will be $120k but wanted to yank our chains into believing the base would be $110k.. The 2nd scenario is where I have a problem with.
SoCalFinest is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to SoCalFinest For This Useful Post:
thegame (11-29-2017)
Old 11-29-2017, 01:20 PM
  #35  
Redc7z06
CF Senior Member
 
Redc7z06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2002
Location: Southern NH
Posts: 805
Thanked 131 Times in 94 Posts
Default

Remember guys this is a 1 year car with plans of only making ~2,000 of them. So if they made the price very attractive then chances are they wouldn't be able to meet the demand. GM may have purposely kept the price high to keep demand in check......
Redc7z06 is offline  
Old 11-29-2017, 01:29 PM
  #36  
ZoratZ06
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2015
Location: Phoenix Arizona
Posts: 833
Thanked 321 Times in 176 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by SoCalFinest View Post
I agree with Rick, won't double the price of a Stingray specifically indicates it won't cost more than $110k. Tadge words were off by $10k and that's pretty disappointing.

However, maybe GM upcharged the price after Tadge thought it would be around $110k? Or maybe he knows it will be $120k but wanted to yank our chains into believing the base would be $110k.. The 2nd scenario is where I have a problem with.
I saw Beyonce in a Pepsi commercial once...Not sure what they were implying, but I have a problem with them making my wife think she can look like Beyonce if she drinks Pepsi

Good luck getting one for MSRP in Southern Cal. esp when they first come out. I wonder if prospective Porsche GT3RS buyers were gutted when the MSRP was $178k, but then SURPRISED when the dealership charged $250k or more...and they still couldn't even get one at that price some times...

Not to be rude...but that's just business. Period. They will sell all 2000 units. Will you not buy another Vette because of it?

I'm with JVP on this...relax. It's not that big of a deal. The price is the price. All companies fibb.
ZoratZ06 is offline  
Old 11-29-2017, 01:51 PM
  #37  
3 Z06ZR1
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2005
Location: salem OR
Posts: 20,943
Thanked 846 Times in 703 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Supersonic 427 View Post
WOW! $119,995 base price!!! That is $40,500 over the base price of a Z06 ($79,495) That is a chunk of change for a bunch of carbon fiber pieces, a larger supercharger and extra cooling. They say high 10's in the 1/4 and under 3 seconds 0-60 with the A8 for the ZR1. The Z06 with A8 is 10.95 seconds in the 1/4 mile and 2.95 seconds 0-60. Sounds pretty close to me! This makes the Z06 the ultra performance bargain! IMHO
We knew that! I knew that! That is why I rather have two Z06's 1 A8 and one M7. While saving a lot of cash!
119,995 doesn't include the GGT or the A8 costs. Now you are at 124-125k So over 130k for PDR and comp seats..anything more is extra. I just bought a 2017 Z06 A8 1500 miles
for 68 with PDR and black wheels.
3 Z06ZR1 is offline  
Old 11-29-2017, 02:04 PM
  #38  
3 Z06ZR1
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2005
Location: salem OR
Posts: 20,943
Thanked 846 Times in 703 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ZoratZ06 View Post
I saw Beyonce in a Pepsi commercial once...Not sure what they were implying, but I have a problem with them making my wife think she can look like Beyonce if she drinks Pepsi

Good luck getting one for MSRP in Southern Cal. esp when they first come out. I wonder if prospective Porsche GT3RS buyers were gutted when the MSRP was $178k, but then SURPRISED when the dealership charged $250k or more...and they still couldn't even get one at that price some times...

Not to be rude...but that's just business. Period. They will sell all 2000 units. Will you not buy another Vette because of it?

I'm with JVP on this...relax. It's not that big of a deal. The price is the price. All companies fibb.
Sure they will get rid of 2000 of them. Because every car they build is gone to a dealer where they may sit a while. Dealers get every car GM makes. I don't think they will flying off the lots. The dealer mark-ups, The MSRP will go up quickly. Not sure on the demand either. Look at the Viper ACR a like car big wing with no demand.
Be interesting to see how they do sell!
With out possible mark-ups which the first cars should have.
119,995 GGT and A8 your at 124. Then PDR and comp seats your at 130k and still don't have the track Aero.
3 Z06ZR1 is offline  
Old 11-29-2017, 03:47 PM
  #39  
NoOne
CF Senior Member
 
NoOne's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 1999
Location: Auburn Hills MI
Posts: 26,446
Thanked 147 Times in 102 Posts
Default

I don't doubt they will find 2000 buyers.

The first 1000 will fly off the lots or are already sold, the 2nd thousand if they have to discount, they discount.

That is assuming it is a 1 year only run.
NoOne is offline  
Old 11-29-2017, 03:57 PM
  #40  
spearfish25
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Apr 2016
Location: Naples FL
Posts: 2,969
Thanked 599 Times in 417 Posts
Default

I like the car but as others have said, not so much the price. For that kind of coin, i can keep my Z06 and buy an Ariel Atom to also enjoy at the track.
spearfish25 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Coupe starts at $119,995. Convertible starts at $123,995


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: