C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Racing seat

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2018, 07:50 PM
Dan Massie
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Racing seat

Day 1 confirmed my suspicion that my tall *** would not fit with a helmet. I need a lower seat. Iuckily they swapped a seat for me and made it much better. Sucks not having.cooled seat and power mirrors don't work without stock seat, but otherwise, Mimu more comfortable.

Any recommendations for a.seat that may have slightly lower butt bolsters so I could get in and out easier?
Old 12-27-2018, 08:42 PM
Racingswh
Melting Slicks

Received 1,074 Likes on 644 Posts

I would contact Caravaggio.
Old 12-27-2018, 11:32 PM
cartester
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 27 Posts

I also had problems with insufficient headroom with the helmet and neck restraint system they provide. After listening to the detailed presentation about the best seating position there was only one seat position that allowed me to hold my helmeted head straight up. The seat had to be put in its lowest position and reclined way back. Then I still had to scrunch forward in the seat and pull the seat back. Kind of a drag but I got used to it and it was no problem.
Old 12-28-2018, 09:12 PM
Dan Massie
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by cartester
I also had problems with insufficient headroom with the helmet and neck restraint system they provide. After listening to the detailed presentation about the best seating position there was only one seat position that allowed me to hold my helmeted head straight up. The seat had to be put in its lowest position and reclined way back. Then I still had to scrunch forward in the seat and pull the seat back. Kind of a drag but I got used to it and it was no problem.

That didn't even work for me. My head touches seated back and reclined without a helmet

Get notified of new replies

To Racing seat

Quick Reply: Racing seat