C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Juechter press comments on C7 ZR1 handling..

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2017, 03:07 PM
Lavender
Melting Slicks

Received 320 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Oh Boy
Not the whole forum ONLY the C7 section. You can talk about every generation Corvette in their respective forums and speak pro or con about the car and have discussions. The C7 section you are ONLY allowed to speak positive about the car other wise you are labeled a hater. Biggest kool aid drinking, fanboy section in ANY forum on the internet. I have seen members BANNED for making negative comments about a C7 or Tadge.
Bold talk for someone who joined few months ago. Unless you were one of those who got themselves "banned".

Interesting...
Old 12-08-2017, 04:14 PM
Oh Boy
Melting Slicks

Received 522 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by Lavender
Bold talk for someone who joined few months ago.

Interesting...
Let me ask you a question, are my replies or opinions any less valid because I just joined? Is it a prerequisite to have ample time here to post replies? Maybe I have been a long time reader but just decided to join? It is your type of replies that keep people from joining.
The following users liked this post:
Xanthophyll (12-08-2017)
Old 12-08-2017, 05:10 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by OnPoint
Upset by something somebody "said or did"? Sure, with regard to the "did" part. Action or conduct by somebody can be a source of anger. But "said"? Meh, if somebody has an opinion, which nearly universally means the matter is subjective, no, I'm not going to vest them with the power to "offend" me. GMAFB.

If you want to hand over to others the ability to offend you by their opinion, knock yourself out. I've got better things to do than live by the whims of others' subjective views.

IMO such is what is wrong with much of our current society today; so much willingness to be offended. BTW, since I prefaced that with "IMO", feel free to be offended.
I get offended with disparagingly made personal comments towards me. Like anyone else.
Opinion's about the Corvette's are merely discussion.

If you are participate in the discussion's and have a different view it is not being offended. Am I offended by the notion that the GS is better handling car? I just consider the facts that the GS times around any track they are slower. The difference is the Z06 is a much faster car.
I may seem offended but really are disputing what I know to be BS!

The GS may have more traction since we have the SAME car minus some weight. It may take the first corner at slightly higher speed But that is it. The distance lost on the straight's is long way buddy! Platform is the SAME FRAME!
The Z06 has around 200 more hp! The Lt4 beats the LT1 7 days a week
and twice on sunday! Even the Z51 should beat any GS in the 1/4 period. I know I sounded Offended !
Old 12-08-2017, 05:30 PM
SBC_and_a_stick
Safety Car

Received 551 Likes on 311 Posts

Small question here. The Z06 gets a stiffer leaf up front in Z07 trim than the GS. Which leaf does the ZR1 get? Might be as simple as that.

I for one prefer the stiffer leaf whether Tadge likes it or not. It's harder to drive but much more fun and I think more capable in the limit.
Old 12-08-2017, 05:48 PM
Lavender
Melting Slicks

Received 320 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Oh Boy
Let me ask you a question, are my replies or opinions any less valid because I just joined? Is it a prerequisite to have ample time here to post replies? Maybe I have been a long time reader but just decided to join? It is your type of replies that keep people from joining.
I guess I was right. Funny....funny indeed.
Old 12-08-2017, 06:06 PM
Oh Boy
Melting Slicks

Received 522 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by Lavender
I guess I was right. Funny....funny indeed.
I'm glad you amuse yourself.
Old 12-09-2017, 12:47 AM
johnglenntwo
Le Mans Master

Received 164 Likes on 148 Posts
Default Was it the front rims getting bent on track!? ;)

Are the new wider wheels also serving to deflect some of that ZP side wall force? Just saying!

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/...#/topics/64882

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/f62/z.../136282?page=2

Last edited by johnglenntwo; 12-09-2017 at 06:48 AM.
Old 12-09-2017, 09:49 AM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,622 Likes on 1,741 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

Enough

Quick Reply: Juechter press comments on C7 ZR1 handling..