C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

When Titans Collide: The GT2 RS vs the 2019 ZR1

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2017, 07:29 PM
johnglenntwo
Le Mans Master

Received 164 Likes on 148 Posts
Default I Get it! ;)

Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1
Most important to C5 owners with turbo muffler tips! Go figure!
You're still pissed about the wheel thing!
They'll fit - Don't panic!

Last edited by johnglenntwo; 12-28-2017 at 12:52 AM.
Old 12-27-2017, 09:24 PM
svtkeith
Melting Slicks

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Porsche or no this ZR1 is going to be one fire breathing beast...I was at the LA car show on Dec 3rd and saw it the car is gorgeous...love that hood and front facia.
Old 12-28-2017, 04:11 AM
Lavender
Melting Slicks

Received 320 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by ZoratZ06
I'm not trying to get in the middle of this...but I think their main point was: A magazine (esp. at the Ring) is not likely to extract the maximum performance out of the car. There is likely a decent bit of time left in the Z06 at the Ring. Probably sub 7:10...But that part is speculation. So the delta is not likely 25 seconds...maybe more like 20 seconds, but who knows. Factories are usually faster than magazines.

Case and point: ACR-E at MRLS magazine test 1:30.xx vs. ACR-E at MRLS with DODGE 1:28.xx.
Heres a perfect example as to why comparing Sport Autos time to an official GM factory effort is worthless:

7:26.4 Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR1 (2009) Jim Mero 27 June 2008 General Motors conducted test, Michelin Pilot Sport 2.

7:38 Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR1 Horst von Saurma October 2009 Sport Auto conducted test, Michelin Pilot Sport ZP run-flat

GM factory effort vs Sport Auto....
The following users liked this post:
Telepierre (01-08-2018)
Old 12-28-2017, 11:20 AM
Telepierre
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,166 Likes on 1,253 Posts

Default Great Example but it is actually worse than that..

Originally Posted by Lavender
Heres a perfect example as to why comparing Sport Autos time to an official GM factory effort is worthless:

7:26.4 Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR1 (2009) Jim Mero 27 June 2008 General Motors conducted test, Michelin Pilot Sport 2.

7:38 Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR1 Horst von Saurma October 2009 Sport Auto conducted test, Michelin Pilot Sport ZP run-flat

GM factory effort vs Sport Auto....
IMHO EXCELLENT EXAMPLE of questionable tests and articles that can be easily debunked with some basic analysis. This particular Sports Auto (Mercedes-Porsche run magazine elected de facto “ring meisters ") piece is particularly “shady” for the following reasons:

1. Sports Auto actually made the article and their test results in April 2011. Article and dates here: https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...l-1415542.html

2. We can confirm this because of the date on the article and the pictures of the ZR1 are of a 2011 with Michelin Pilot Sport ZP run-flats.

3. SO right off the bat there are two things that stand out as questionable: a. The Auto Sport article making no mention whatsoever of Meros’s 7.26 almost three years earlier! (at least Christian Gebhardt did mention a 7.11 from Mero for the C7 Z06..) and b. Von Sharma’s 7.38 will prove a whole 19 seconds slower that Mero’s effort on the same exact car two months later (7:19 June 2011)

4. So really, notwistanding Mero abilities, 19 seconds on Sharma “the Nurburing expert” on the same exact car makes me go Uhmm!? UNLESS Mero did have a hidden NITRO KIT hidden somewhere.. (sarc )

5. But the kicker (really) is Sharma’s description of the car behavior on the Nurb (Google translate does not do it justice..) Apparently the seasoned racer turned magazine editor in chief really found (cheek and tongue) the handling limit of the car which could not give more due to the chassis limits for such “great” power.. and then two months later poof! There goes the “limit”..or Mero found a “shortcut??!” (sarc again).

Well, in my books, this particular Auto Sport Corvette C6 ZR1 Supertest was BS! Add the tariffed import base price of 197K for the BASE model and you see the making (in German eyes) of a complete ripp off..

Maybe this was the article that made Chevrolet pull out of the EU!? Well EU..no C7 ZR1 for you! ;-)
Old 12-28-2017, 10:29 PM
johnglenntwo
Le Mans Master

Default GM better get on it! ;)

Originally Posted by Telepierre
IMHO EXCELLENT EXAMPLE of questionable tests and articles that can be easily debunked with some basic analysis. This particular Sports Auto (Mercedes-Porsche run magazine elected de facto “ring meisters ") piece is particularly “shady” for the following reasons:

1. Sports Auto actually made the article and their test results in April 2011. Article and dates here: https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...l-1415542.html

2. We can confirm this because of the date on the article and the pictures of the ZR1 are of a 2011 with Michelin Pilot Sport ZP run-flats.

3. SO right off the bat there are two things that stand out as questionable: a. The Auto Sport article making no mention whatsoever of Meros’s 7.26 almost three years earlier! (at least Christian Gebhardt did mention a 7.11 from Mero for the C7 Z06..) and b. Von Sharma’s 7.38 will prove a whole 19 seconds slower that Mero’s effort on the same exact car two months later (7:19 June 2011)

4. So really, notwistanding Mero abilities, 19 seconds on Sharma “the Nurburing expert” on the same exact car makes me go Uhmm!? UNLESS Mero did have a hidden NITRO KIT hidden somewhere.. (sarc )

5. But the kicker (really) is Sharma’s description of the car behavior on the Nurb (Google translate does not do it justice..) Apparently the seasoned racer turned magazine editor in chief really found (cheek and tongue) the handling limit of the car which could not give more due to the chassis limits for such “great” power.. and then two months later poof! There goes the “limit”..or Mero found a “shortcut??!” (sarc again).

Well, in my books, this particular Auto Sport Corvette C6 ZR1 Supertest was BS! Add the tariffed import base price of 197K for the BASE model and you see the making (in German eyes) of a complete ripp off..

Maybe this was the article that made Chevrolet pull out of the EU!? Well EU..no C7 ZR1 for you! ;-)
Ford's got their lead butt sedan slated to uproot that time!

Last edited by johnglenntwo; 12-28-2017 at 10:31 PM.
Old 12-30-2017, 11:08 AM
Sub Driver
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,772 Likes on 1,467 Posts

Originally Posted by johnglenntwo
Here we go again. Could you add some context to this so we know what you are talking about? Remember only you know what is going on in your head so no one else realizes what you are talking about.

What "butt sedan" does Ford have the lead in? What is a "butt sedan" Is it a car that resembles someone's backside?

If you are capable, think before you write.
Old 12-30-2017, 02:50 PM
johnglenntwo
Le Mans Master

Default Sure! ;)

Originally Posted by Sub Driver
Here we go again. Could you add some context to this so we know what you are talking about? Remember only you know what is going on in your head so no one else realizes what you are talking about.

What "butt sedan" does Ford have the lead in? What is a "butt sedan" Is it a car that resembles someone's backside?

Your an idiot thats got me checking my spelling. Go Figure! Amazing how I would answer any of your dumb *** questions other than to make a point!

Last edited by johnglenntwo; 12-31-2017 at 08:43 AM.
Old 12-30-2017, 02:57 PM
Sub Driver
Banned Scam/Spammer

Your an idiot thats got me checking my spelling. Go Figure! Amazing how I would answer any of your dumb ads questions other than to make a point!
I said think before writing. What is an "ads questions?" I didn't talk about any ads. By the way you didn't make any points. Another case of your incoherent ramblings.
Old 12-30-2017, 07:30 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

I said think before writing. What is an "ads questions?" I didn't talk about any ads. By the way you didn't make any points. Another case of your incoherent ramblings.
Do what most of us have already done and put him on your Ignore List.
Old 12-30-2017, 07:32 PM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Your an idiot thats got me checking my spelling. Go Figure! Amazing how I would answer any of your dumb ads questions other than to make a point!
Dude below has a point, 50%.......no, 99% of the stuff you write makes absolutely no f'kn sense whatsoever. You write schit that you think about, almost as if you're having a conversation with yourself and the replies you come up with you post here. Either you're on some very powerful drugs or you're dumb as all get out....hopefully it's the latter. WTF is a "butt sedan"? You mean the SHO? WTF would that go on the 'Ring, should the Explorer go on there too?

Old 12-30-2017, 07:48 PM
johnglenntwo
Le Mans Master

Default You don't think the GT500's going to The Ring!? ;)

Originally Posted by themonk
Dude below has a point, 50%.......no, 99% of the stuff you write makes absolutely no f'kn sense whatsoever. You write schit that you think about, almost as if you're having a conversation with yourself and the replies you come up with you post here. Either you're on some very powerful drugs or you're dumb as all get out....hopefully it's the latter. WTF is a "butt sedan"? You mean the SHO? WTF would that go on the 'Ring, should the Explorer go on there too?
And I'm What!?

It's going to beat the ZO6's time!?

THEN the 'R' will What!? Without an ediff.!?

AGAIN! Loves F1 Racing, but, was against The Ring, and the Wing! Drove me nuts about it!
Originally Posted by sunsalem
Do what most of us have already done and put him on your Ignore List.
Really, and I'm, what, followed by 1000 viewers - laymen reviewing the GT2 RS! Please!

Last edited by johnglenntwo; 12-30-2017 at 11:10 PM.
Old 12-30-2017, 11:36 PM
Sub Driver
Banned Scam/Spammer

And I'm What!?

It's going to beat the ZO6's time!?

THEN the 'R' will What!? Without an ediff.!?

AGAIN! Loves F1 Racing, but, was against The Ring, and the Wing! Drove me nuts about it!

Really, and I'm, what, followed by 1000 viewers - laymen reviewing the GT2 RS! Please!
None of this makes any sense. There is no context to any fragment you post. Can you write a complete sentence? You have no followers. This just proves my point that you live in LaLa Land and you are so far disconnected that you do not even realize it.

Last edited by Sub Driver; 12-30-2017 at 11:40 PM.
Old 12-31-2017, 01:38 AM
johnglenntwo
Le Mans Master

Default Absolutely! ;)

None of this makes any sense. There is no context to any fragment you post. Can you write a complete sentence? You have no followers. This just proves my point that you live in LaLa Land and you are so far disconnected that you do not even realize it.
Ironically enough Sunsalem's older FI and other racing input is the only stuff I ever recall interesting me from you complainers. Especially you Troll! My posts admittedly aren't perfect - they're not my job, but, I've never been the Troll you are. YOUR input is not even an attempt at anything worth while! But:
  1. A Corvette Racing Driver would substantiate the validity of the ZR1
  2. The lack of ediff's in the Ford's is really interesting now with the big power
  3. Will GM finally validate the ZO6 at The Ring this spring too? (Didn't think of that My Bitches Personified!?)
  4. Will the GT500 (with the DCT!) drive that? And is the FGT even bothering!?
That stuff to **** youse off again in there!?
that's exactly why it takes skill to make a manual go fast.

Last edited by johnglenntwo; 12-31-2017 at 11:25 AM.
Old 12-31-2017, 02:18 AM
johnglenntwo
Le Mans Master

Default Well there you go!

Originally Posted by Achmed
Pretty much the whole 3 second difference happened solely on the last long straight, prior to that last straight the Z06 and GT R were just a few tenths of a second apart.
The ZR1 and ZO6 again!?
Old 12-31-2017, 02:47 AM
Achmed
Drifting

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Default Bring balance to the downforce!

The ZR1 and ZO6 again!?
I think the amg gtr vs z06 shows there are seconds to be gained just by the lesser drag on the zr1, before even considering the difference in horsepowers and downforces
Old 12-31-2017, 03:04 AM
johnglenntwo
Le Mans Master

Default No pulling of timing?

Originally Posted by Achmed
I think the amg gtr vs z06 shows there are seconds to be gained just by the lesser drag on the zr1, before even considering the difference in horsepowers and downforces
The ZO6's MAX Aero'd top speed was achieved by the AMG ~187MPH?
Old 12-31-2017, 10:41 AM
Sub Driver
Banned Scam/Spammer

Ironically enough Sunsalem's older FI and other racing input is the only stuff I ever recall interesting me from you complainers. Especially you Troll! My posts admittedly aren't perfect - there not my job, but, I've never been the Troll you are. YOUR input is not even an attempt at anything worth while! But:

Stop trying to use words you don't understand. A corvette doesn't have validity. You should look it up.
  2. The lack of ediff's in the Ford's is really interesting now with the big power

What does this have to do with anything being discussed about the ZR1?
  3. Will GM finally validate the ZO6 at The Ring this spring too? (Didn't think of that My Bitches Personified!?)

Again, this makes absolutely no sense. What??

Will the GT500 drive what? Sending the z06 to the Ring? Complete nonsense.

What stuff are you referring to? This isn't a sentence or complete thought.

This is great, even when you try to convey a complete thought or sentence you fail. I've always wondered if you did this on purpose or just lacked the ability to write and now I know. Remember to think a little bit longer before you write.

Get notified of new replies

To When Titans Collide: The GT2 RS vs the 2019 ZR1

Old 12-31-2017, 01:56 PM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Ironically enough Sunsalem's older FI and other racing input is the only stuff I ever recall interesting me from you complainers. Especially you Troll! My posts admittedly aren't perfect - they're not my job, but, I've never been the Troll you are. YOUR input is not even an attempt at anything worth while! But:

Not to nit pick but the GT500 will not have a DCT. It will be the same 10 spd auto that was co developed with GM which is currently in the Camaro and other Mustangs and even that I don't know if it will be able to handle the 750 bhp.

Last edited by themonk; 12-31-2017 at 02:12 PM.
Old 01-01-2018, 11:27 AM
johnglenntwo
Le Mans Master

Default The A8 can handle up to 759lbft!

Not to nit pick but the GT500 will not have a DCT. It will be the same 10 spd auto that was co developed with GM which is currently in the Camaro and other Mustangs and even that I don't know if it will be able to handle the 750 bhp.
The A10 has more gear, and especially at higher speeds; Faster.

There is no precedent for running sub 7' at The Ring with a stick. When I watch the 1LE at The Ring and him rifling through shifts its hard to see 20s, and its associated power.

Last edited by johnglenntwo; 01-03-2018 at 12:54 AM.
Old 01-02-2018, 12:49 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

Quick Reply: When Titans Collide: The GT2 RS vs the 2019 ZR1