C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Hennessey has it all figured out

Old 12-23-2017, 05:25 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06PSI
He did get a partner that brought money. John continued his old ways and the partner got out. Up until 18 months ago he was still doing it.

Old dog. No new tricks.
It's about personal ethics, it's something internal to all of us.
Either you are predisposed to do things right or you are not.
No amount of "partners" will change a man's soul.

Originally Posted by K.I.T.T.

I'm just saying, given the broad history of accomplishment, without more real documented evidence of issues, I think it's a stretch to say his company is a disaster.
That depends on one's definition of a "disaster."
Old 12-23-2017, 07:12 PM
Les
Race Director

Received 961 Likes on 571 Posts

Originally Posted by sunsalem
Exactly. It's not like he's suddenly going to grow a conscience.
The following 2 users liked this post by Les:
Rodbuster56 (12-25-2017), sunsalem (12-23-2017)
Old 12-24-2017, 08:21 AM
SurfnSun
Team Owner

Received 522 Likes on 342 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

He did get a partner that brought money. John continued his old ways and the partner got out. Up until 18 months ago he was still doing it.

Old dog. No new tricks.
I’ve heard his partner is gone...tired of funneling money into a loser. The track was for sale, it’s only a matter of time until the whole thing goes bye-bye
Old 12-24-2017, 02:49 PM
Z06PSI
Team Owner

Received 245 Likes on 108 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by SurfnSun
I’ve heard his partner is gone...tired of funneling money into a loser. The track was for sale, it’s only a matter of time until the whole thing goes bye-bye
Maybe ZFsix is an investor.
The following users liked this post:
Rodbuster56 (12-25-2017)
Old 12-24-2017, 05:41 PM
SurfnSun
Team Owner

Received 522 Likes on 342 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Maybe ZFsix is an investor.
Old 12-24-2017, 07:52 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Gee, I wonder why he is concerned he might be shut out of using the strip after the sale?
Old 12-24-2017, 07:53 PM
Z06PSI
Team Owner

Gee, I wonder why he is concerned he might be shut out of using the strip after the sale?
Hell according to YouTube the TSP just lets him use the toll road.
Old 12-25-2017, 04:51 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Hell according to YouTube the TSP just lets him use the toll road.
As Mr. Orwell once said, "some are just more equal than others."
Old 12-29-2017, 11:59 AM
KnightDriveTV
Supporting Vendor

Received 2,314 Likes on 990 Posts

That depends on one's definition of a "disaster."
Every company on every level has a little "disaster" on the inside...that's not avoidable. Question is, do you overcome it, or do you succumb to it. No company has no skeletons, it's impossible unless you're the smallest mom and pop operation out there.

I've owned...a number of companies and counting. I've had employees who talked sh*t and poisoned other employees and made them sh*t talkers without cause. One bad seed will start to contaminate the bunch and people will see what they want to see.

All I'm saying is, 6 former EX employees don't compel me, nor does one email from one supposed customer. Your damn right those "sources" won't give their names, because they are spewing slander without basis and jalopnik is hiding behind it's press credential. Jalopnik doesn't even make it clear what each individual employee said. Did one ex employee have a lot to say then the other 5 said..."yeah, uh huh...yeah thats true bro, all true". That's a smear campaign. If the sources aren't giving their own names, then give some specifics, make the story sound plausible.

The courts are always at disposal. You show me a court filing with a subsequent ruling, then we are getting somewhere. Hennessey deals with a lot of clientele; a lot with the means and assets to sue with ease. If he were dirty, it'd be out there.

Jalopniks job is to feed its readers and make money off its advertisers. You tag Hennessey in a story and it gets a lot of hits, that SEO value and it goes direct to the PPC income on the pages. If you look deep enough you'll hear horror stories about Chip Foose, Shelby, and everyone else. You can't satisfy everyone.

Last edited by KnightDriveTV; 12-29-2017 at 12:01 PM.
Old 12-29-2017, 01:23 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

Every company on every level has a little "disaster" on the inside...that's not avoidable. Question is, do you overcome it, or do you succumb to it. No company has no skeletons, it's impossible unless you're the smallest mom and pop operation out there.

I've owned...a number of companies and counting. I've had employees who talked sh*t and poisoned other employees and made them sh*t talkers without cause. One bad seed will start to contaminate the bunch and people will see what they want to see.

All I'm saying is, 6 former EX employees don't compel me, nor does one email from one supposed customer. Your damn right those "sources" won't give their names, because they are spewing slander without basis and jalopnik is hiding behind it's press credential. Jalopnik doesn't even make it clear what each individual employee said. Did one ex employee have a lot to say then the other 5 said..."yeah, uh huh...yeah thats true bro, all true". That's a smear campaign. If the sources aren't giving their own names, then give some specifics, make the story sound plausible.

The courts are always at disposal. You show me a court filing with a subsequent ruling, then we are getting somewhere. Hennessey deals with a lot of clientele; a lot with the means and assets to sue with ease. If he were dirty, it'd be out there.

Jalopniks job is to feed its readers and make money off its advertisers. You tag Hennessey in a story and it gets a lot of hits, that SEO value and it goes direct to the PPC income on the pages. If you look deep enough you'll hear horror stories about Chip Foose, Shelby, and everyone else. You can't satisfy everyone.
You're missing the point. In your own words "if you look deep enough you'll hear horror stories about....."

You don't have to look "deep enough" to know the guy is turd, it's everywhere. It's hilarious watching supposed car enthusiasts defend an obvious crook who would have just as easily ripped them off as well. Some people just love to play devils advocate lol

Last edited by thegame; 12-29-2017 at 01:24 PM.
Old 12-29-2017, 04:04 PM
0Billy@MTI
Former Vendor

Received 263 Likes on 182 Posts

We have retuned a lot of the packaged cars that he puts out. None of them make anywhere close to the power advertised.
The following 2 users liked this post by Billy@MTI:
JRE-C6 (08-06-2018), Rodbuster56 (01-06-2018)
Old 12-29-2017, 04:31 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

I completely agree.
All I'm saying is, 6 former EX employees don't compel me, nor does one email from one supposed customer.
It doesn't me either.
Your damn right those "sources" won't give their names, because they are spewing slander without basis
Of course they would want anonymity...they're still in the business and want to stay that way.
Would you hire someone who you knew made accusations against their former employer?
Jalopnik doesn't even make it clear what each individual employee said.
That's not how journalism works.
Hennessey deals with a lot of clientele; a lot with the means and assets to sue with ease.
It has been reported he is selective about who he screws over (he is no dummy).
If he were dirty, it'd be out there.
It has been "out there" for 20 years.
Google is your friend.
If you look deep enough you'll hear horror stories about Chip Foose, Shelby, and everyone else.
I don't know about Foose, but I have heard quite a few about Shelby.
You can't satisfy everyone.
VERY true.
Old 12-29-2017, 04:38 PM
Z06PSI
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Billy@MTI
We have retuned a lot of the packaged cars that he puts out. None of them make anywhere close to the power advertised.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hennessey has it all figured out