C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Hennessey has it all figured out

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2017, 12:02 PM
NICK YOSKIN
Le Mans Master

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

OK! Calling him a "fat turd" is not what I would call an intellectual conversation. Now in no way am I defending Hennessey. I thought his marketing campaign with his "Exorcist " was nothing but riding the "wave" that Mopar had developed with the Demon.

Hennessy seems to me to be more of a marketing firm then a shop that builds fast cool cars.

So to some this all up in one word its all......

Conjecture
Old 12-09-2017, 05:08 PM
Torquem
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by HTXSkydiver
Any one have any experience with Late Model Racecraft (LMR)? They are also in the Houston area and I've heard good things. Maybe a more professional/legit alternative to Hennessey?
I heard great things about LMR when I lived in TX. Also a lot of good things about 21 Century Musclecars in Dallas.
Old 12-09-2017, 09:43 PM
BearZ06
Safety Car

Received 1,326 Likes on 769 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,'22-'23

Originally Posted by Eric Reeves
Boy everyone here was quick to jump on him. Guilty until proven innocent (that is if you get a chance at a trial). The way I see it, he is building a completely new engine and states it. He also knows just about how much power he can get out of that combination. And everyone can do simulations on Drag Strip.com as to what that power level in a corvette should be able to achieve. In all, I don't see this as being so horrible as you all have described. I am sure he can and will provide a 1200HP car. I would suspect 1200HP would do better than 2.2sec 0-60. I also have never done business with the guy so not propping him up here either.
Google is quite revealing.
Old 12-13-2017, 02:38 PM
Monkey D. Luffy
Race Director

Received 711 Likes on 470 Posts

Originally Posted by NICK YOSKIN
OK! Calling him a "fat turd" is not what I would call an intellectual conversation. Now in no way am I defending Hennessey. I thought his marketing campaign with his "Exorcist " was nothing but riding the "wave" that Mopar had developed with the Demon.

Hennessy seems to me to be more of a marketing firm then a shop that builds fast cool cars.

So to some this all up in one word its all......

Conjecture

https://jalopnik.com/ex-employees-sa...-ev-1778134112

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/wpqymry/

https://www.reddit.com/r/cars/commen...ke_himself_so/

http://www.supercars.net/forum/threa...nessey.141991/

https://www.caranddriver.com/columns...s-they-can-run
The following 2 users liked this post by Monkey D. Luffy:
JShort (12-13-2017), Les (12-15-2017)
Old 12-13-2017, 02:39 PM
Monkey D. Luffy
Race Director

Received 711 Likes on 470 Posts

Originally Posted by bearz06
google is quite revealing.
very !
Old 12-13-2017, 08:18 PM
AJNWI79
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

As soon as I saw this article pop up on Yahoo I came strait here to read the posts lol - would love to hear him try and respond
Old 12-15-2017, 10:35 PM
Zedred
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I only have two words to say about this Lingenfelter, Callaway
Old 12-15-2017, 11:21 PM
Les
Race Director

Received 961 Likes on 571 Posts

Well done. I've seen much of that before. Anyone who has read that and can still find a way to defend him has a very loose connection to reality. If you imagine yourself or somebody you care about being victimized by him like that, it really drives the point home.
The following users liked this post:
Rodbuster56 (12-25-2017)
Old 12-16-2017, 08:16 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

Originally Posted by jmc5

You do know he's done this before, on this very forum (circa C5 era). Made a bunch of claims, took a customer car, ran a bunch of nitrous through it and popped the motor, then the owner ended up having to get the car back from him. Without a running motor.

His Viper shenanigans are well documented.

People aren't being quick to jump on him, his track record tells the story.
EXACTLY.

Originally Posted by desibaba
If you are a well known celebrity, very influential then you will get amazing service from him and will be very impressed by the job done to your vehicle. If you live out of the country, are not well known and from out of the state of texas you are fair game to get scammed.
I was very disappointed to see Leno endorsing him on his show recently.
Leno said, "I've heard people have had problems dealing with him in the past, but he has always done right by me" (paraphrase).
Yeah, OK...fnck you, Jay.

Hennessey has been scamming/defrauding people going back over 20 years.
For those who have been in this game that long they already know about the guy.
Rodbuster56 (12-25-2017)
Old 12-19-2017, 02:43 PM
ZF Six
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 135 Likes on 84 Posts

I've never had Hennessey do any work on my cars, but I have met John and so have several people that I know. Living in Texas you're bound to run into him either at his drag strip or at a car show. He's always been extremely friendly, personable, and down to earth.

I say that because after meeting him, the claims against his company just don't make sense. If you've ever chatted with him I think you would feel the same way. I'm not saying the claims are false because there sure is a lot of "evidence" out there. But my experience with John has been nothing but positive.
Old 12-19-2017, 03:00 PM
Les
Race Director

Originally Posted by ZF Six
I've never had Hennessey do any work on my cars, but I have met John and so have several people that I know. Living in Texas you're bound to run into him either at his drag strip or at a car show. He's always been extremely friendly, personable, and down to earth.

I say that because after meeting him, the claims against his company just don't make sense. If you've ever chatted with him I think you would feel the same way. I'm not saying the claims are false because there sure is a lot of "evidence" out there. But my experience with John has been nothing but positive.
That means that he understands what salesmanship is. Now if he could just figure out that part about ethics.
Rodbuster56 (12-25-2017)
Old 12-19-2017, 03:41 PM
RRGOO7
Pro

Received 61 Likes on 12 Posts

How is he still in business ?
Old 12-19-2017, 04:43 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by RRGOO7
How is he still in business ?
VIP friends in high places.
Old 12-20-2017, 03:10 PM
ZF Six
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Les
That means that he understands what salesmanship is. Now if he could just figure out that part about ethics.
It was really easy to type that wasn't it? Have a conversation with him and then tell me he's out to screw people.
Old 12-20-2017, 03:27 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

It was really easy to type that wasn't it? Have a conversation with him and then tell me he's out to screw people.
He already has screwed people, many people. What the hell are you talking about. Go on Viper Alley and make that dumb comment. Maybe he has turned over a new leaf (although i don't believe it) but even if he has the damage is done. Reputations are made from your past not your future. He is a dirtbag in the eyes of many and rightfully so.

Last edited by thegame; 12-20-2017 at 03:29 PM.
Rodbuster56 (12-25-2017)
Old 12-20-2017, 03:38 PM
ZF Six
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by thegame
He already has screwed people, many people. What the hell are you talking about. Go on Viper Alley and make that dumb comment. Maybe he has turned over a new leaf (although i don't believe it) but even if he has the damage is done. Reputations are made from your past not your future. He is a dirtbag in the eyes of many and rightfully so.
Tell me about your personal dealing with him.

You can't.

You're making an assumption based on what you've read on the internet.
Old 12-20-2017, 03:44 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Tell me about your personal dealing with him.

You can't.

You're making an assumption based on what you've read on the internet.
Ok, so because you have never had a personal dealing with Dr Kevorkian I am sure you would give him a shot!! Brilliant. I do know a personal friend who got ripped off on a heads n cam package from him. Also yes there are tons of stories online about what a piece of trash he is. It is not a few stories it is a plethora of unethical history.

Do you know why you don't see stories like that about Callaway or Lingenfelter? Because they no not exist. He may be a friend of yours but he is a **** businessman.
Rodbuster56 (12-25-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To Hennessey has it all figured out

Old 12-20-2017, 04:00 PM
Les
Race Director

Again, that proves that he understands salesmanship- nothing more. Best of luck in life to you.

The following 2 users liked this post by Les:
Rodbuster56 (12-25-2017), sunsalem (12-21-2017)
Old 12-20-2017, 04:05 PM
ZF Six
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by thegame
Ok, so because you have never had a personal dealing with Dr Kevorkian I am sure you would give him a shot!! Brilliant. I do know a personal friend who got ripped off on a heads n cam package from him. Also yes there are tons of stories online about what a piece of trash he is. It is not a few stories it is a plethora of unethical history.

Do you know why you don't see stories like that about Callaway or Lingenfelter? Because they no not exist. He may be a friend of yours but he is a **** businessman.
I have read a lot of stories about him and his company and a lot of them are negative. Some are shocking.

John is very good at marketing his brand and back in the early 2000s, his company was growing too fast for him to keep up. That can be a very difficult position to be in for an inexperienced business owner. Expansion to meet demand costs money, but the funds weren't coming in fast enough because builds weren't being completed on time.

One thing led to another, and he gets sued. Several times. Rich people don't like to wait for things, and rich people can afford good lawyers. Just like that, his reputation is trashed. Or was it?

Like I said, he is very good at marketing his brand. John sold his company but he is still the face of the business because of his skill set, and of course it has his name on it. I'd say that Hennessey is doing better than ever today. I actually passed his shop last week on my road trip from Houston to San Antonio and the amount of new cars he has sitting out front is unreal. Probably 5 brand new Camaro ZL1 1LE's along with 10+ brand new Raptors, CTSVs, C7s, etc.

I say good for him for turning it around. I bet he learned a lot from the mountain of mistakes in the beginning of his business.
Old 12-20-2017, 04:06 PM
ZF Six
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Les
Again, that proves that he understands salesmanship- nothing more. Best of luck in life to you.

Thanks, I'm doing just fine

Quick Reply: Hennessey has it all figured out