C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Is it just me, or....

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2017, 10:13 AM
Vegas
Pro

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts

Ring time? I'm not sure what that is. Are we talking about a race track?
Old 12-25-2017, 03:12 PM
fugly1
Burning Brakes

Received 262 Likes on 172 Posts

Yes. And no. Talking about it is verboten, or at least a sore subject. It's a C7Z thing.
Old 12-25-2017, 09:00 PM
Vegas
Pro

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by fugly1
Yes. And no. Talking about it is verboten, or at least a sore subject. It's a C7Z thing.
Ah, I gotcha, thanks
Old 12-28-2017, 07:46 AM
The Z
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default ZR1 Order

As you state the ZR1 discussion is stalled and no news. Maybe you can humor a first time poster here.

I currently own a 2016 Z06 Shark Grey, 3LZ red interior w/black top convertible. Great car, I will miss it as I have been to the dealer and plugged in an order for a ZR1. Actually the trigger has not been pulled on the order, it is just staged on a work order form for now. The order is for a a coupe, Watkins Glen Grey, the same red interior, 3RZ. As you know there is not much to choose from after you get the 3RZ. When I first saw the new ZR1 I was certain I would get the ZTK if only for the big wing. After much deliberation I dropped the idea of the ZTK, very nice...but I will not be on the track much if ever. I do not want to lift things over that wing every time I get into the hatch. BTW, convertibles are nice, but have learned I want to hear things, like: radio, radar detector, a phone call, etc...plus the lines of the coupe are fantastic.

The struggle for me is the color and the wheel finish. While I like the Watkins it is darker than the Shark, I debated the Silver and even the Orange package for a bit. But I keep coming back to the Grey. Right now the wheels are going to be the carbon flash, which I have not seen on a wheel. My Z06 has chrome, this will be my first black wheel, I have seen vettes with that black shiny finish, they look good. They seem easier to touch up over the carbon flash if it comes to that.
Anyone seen them? Anyone know of some detail not to overlook on the order? as nothing is on the website it is a bit of a pain.
Old 12-28-2017, 02:39 PM
quick04Z06
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 600 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by The Z
As you state the ZR1 discussion is stalled and no news. Maybe you can humor a first time poster here.

I currently own a 2016 Z06 Shark Grey, 3LZ red interior w/black top convertible. Great car, I will miss it as I have been to the dealer and plugged in an order for a ZR1. Actually the trigger has not been pulled on the order, it is just staged on a work order form for now. The order is for a a coupe, Watkins Glen Grey, the same red interior, 3RZ. As you know there is not much to choose from after you get the 3RZ. When I first saw the new ZR1 I was certain I would get the ZTK if only for the big wing. After much deliberation I dropped the idea of the ZTK, very nice...but I will not be on the track much if ever. I do not want to lift things over that wing every time I get into the hatch. BTW, convertibles are nice, but have learned I want to hear things, like: radio, radar detector, a phone call, etc...plus the lines of the coupe are fantastic.

The struggle for me is the color and the wheel finish. While I like the Watkins it is darker than the Shark, I debated the Silver and even the Orange package for a bit. But I keep coming back to the Grey. Right now the wheels are going to be the carbon flash, which I have not seen on a wheel. My Z06 has chrome, this will be my first black wheel, I have seen vettes with that black shiny finish, they look good. They seem easier to touch up over the carbon flash if it comes to that.
Anyone seen them? Anyone know of some detail not to overlook on the order? as nothing is on the website it is a bit of a pain.
Either finish on black wheels is much easier to clean than chrome or alloy finishes. I don't think you'll go wrong either way. I have the Grand Sport black aluminum wheels currently and they are easy to maintain.
The following users liked this post:
The Z (12-28-2017)
Old 01-13-2018, 12:00 AM
elegant
Safety Car

Received 2,680 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Originally Posted by mikelj
I remember the lack of hype when the C6 ZR1 came out with only 638 HP. No lines, no waiting lists, no huge ADMs from dealers, no rationing "allocations" going on. I just walked into my Chevy dealer and ordered it, no hassle at all,
True, and the C6 ZR1 came out in the middle of the Great Recession. The C7 ZR1 is however, coming out when the economy is doing really well, and additionally, it is going to be production “supplier limited” to under 200 units/month.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:05 PM
DARTH VETTER
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by elegant
True, and the C6 ZR1 came out in the middle of the Great Recession. The C7 ZR1 is however, coming out when the economy is doing really well, and additionally, it is going to be production “supplier limited” to under 200 units/month.
Stop feeding the hype, 3000 per year is NOT “LIMITED”.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...d-bs-rant.html
The following users liked this post:
mikelj (01-13-2018)
Old 01-13-2018, 12:39 PM
elegant
Safety Car

Received 2,680 Likes on 1,231 Posts

First off, it is not 3,000 units, but less than 2,600 2019 ZR1’s, and with some of those are going to Canada, to Mexico and offshore, leaving less than 2,500 units for the U.S., and with the economy booming, the ZR1 being the ultimate/final manual trans Corvette, there is a bunch of demand at this time, e.g. in excess of the amount of 2019 ZR1’s produced.

Second, while we first saw some dealers posting on this section of the forum in the two weeks after the ZR1 was U.S. revealed, that they had available ZR1 allocations at list, you have not seen any of those dealer announcements for the last month. I have personally talked with 12 dealers who received ZR1 allocations, including the top three dealers who got a large amount of them, and they have internal priority lists of those who want (ready to buy right now) a ZR1, lists which exceed the number of their 13 month ZR1 allocations, with several having their own lists being more than twice their ZR1 allocation.

We are also starting to see frustration members of both top Corvette forums lamenting that they can not now find a real/honest dealer ZR1 allocation at list. Sure one could get a ZR1 allocation at $25K over even now, but thankfully the members of the forums are smarter than that.

Last edited by elegant; 01-13-2018 at 12:40 PM.
Old 01-13-2018, 01:54 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

Originally Posted by elegant

We are also starting to see frustration members of both top Corvette forums lamenting that they can not now find a real/honest dealer ZR1 allocation at list. Sure one could get a ZR1 allocation at $25K over even now, but thankfully the members of the forums are smarter than that.
Generally, ADM doesn't fly on this forum.
However, not every Vette fan in the country posts here either.

It will be interesting to see how long it will take before the demand dies down and the ZR1 is discounted.

Last edited by sunsalem; 01-13-2018 at 07:20 PM.
Old 01-13-2018, 02:33 PM
DARTH VETTER
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by sunsalem
Generally, ADM doesn't fly on this forum.
However, not every Vette fan in the country posts here either.

I will be interesting to see how long it will take before the demand dies down and the ZR1 becomes discounted.
Not long.....then the rest of us will buy.
Old 01-13-2018, 05:55 PM
G fix needy
Racer

Received 82 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by DARTH VETTER
I'm hoping you're correct.
Old 01-13-2018, 08:08 PM
Innovate
Drifting

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

I am appalled they do not take my military discount on the ZR1. Lol, I may grab one in 4-5 years unless the ME is affordable.
Old 01-13-2018, 09:40 PM
DARTH VETTER
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Innovate
I am appalled they do not take my military discount on the ZR1. Lol, I may grab one in 4-5 years unless the ME is affordable.
Early on there may be restrictions on Mil or GMS type discounts, but they typically remove those a little later on.
Old 01-13-2018, 09:44 PM
Innovate
Drifting

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

Early on there may be restrictions on Mil or GMS type discounts, but they typically remove those a little later on.
I figured so, I was not surprised when they said no. The C7Z has roughly $5k off for military, if the ZR1 in the future has more I may be looking. The ME is drawing me in though, it all depends on pricing really.

Last edited by Innovate; 01-13-2018 at 09:45 PM.
Old 01-14-2018, 12:49 AM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by Always Red Dave
Once the ZR1 is built and purchased by owner this ZR1 section will be VERY VERY BUSY!
with who, the same 10 posters?

Quick Reply: Is it just me, or....