C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Corvette C7 ZR1 Picture Thread

 
Old 12-20-2018, 07:39 PM
  #501  
Zymurgy
Moderator
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Zymurgy's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2006
Location: DFW Area TX
Posts: 20,034
Liked 2,176 Times in 1,103 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Corvette_Nut View Post
I was advised to govern myself accordingly. And so as Governor, I elected to delete ALL C7 ZR1 photos Because I post SO many C7 ZR1 photos, it became too difficult to keep track of who I offended or am going to offend. I decided to err on the side of caution and delete it all. Initially, I started posting photos because I enjoyed it. Unfortunately, the rules, regulations, politics, guidelines, and etc. no longer made it enjoyable.

It was fun while it lasted Friends. Unfortunately, if you want to see C7 ZR1 photos, you are going to have to post them yourselves....

Until then, Save The Wave.....

Corvette_Nut
You could have deleted the entire posts instead of leaving these empty posts.

Originally Posted by Rblase View Post
You know I think if you deleted all of the License plates including any dealer tags/frames know one should be able to stop you posting pics of cars in public, that is protected by the constitution under free speech is it not? Unless the people that run this blog did not want the pictures up, that would be there choice... I would edit any License plates and dealer tags/frames out and re-post them... Tell who ever complained to pound sand!!...
Neither Steven Bell nor myself had anything to do with this.
Zymurgy is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by Zymurgy:
DebRedZR1 (12-20-2018), Rblase (12-20-2018)
Old 12-20-2018, 08:53 PM
  #502  
GrapemanZR1
CF Senior Member
 
GrapemanZR1's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2018
Location: Fort Worth Texas
Posts: 182
Liked 73 Times in 38 Posts
Default

Honestly, how dumb is this. Pictures of cars. Oh, the humanity!
GrapemanZR1 is offline  
Old 12-20-2018, 09:24 PM
  #503  
DebRedZR1
Moderator
Support Corvetteforum!
 
DebRedZR1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2005
Location: West MICH, and JAX, FLA
Posts: 17,687
Liked 1,162 Times in 626 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17
Default

Originally Posted by Zymurgy View Post
You could have deleted the entire posts instead of leaving these empty posts.



Neither Steven Bell nor myself had anything to do with this.
Seems to be a mystery what occurred. It wasn’t any of the Forum Mods. I messaged Corvette Nut but so far no response.
DebRedZR1 is offline  
Old 12-21-2018, 01:07 AM
  #504  
Corvette_Nut
CF Senior Member
 
Corvette_Nut's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2005
Location: Hailing From The Mean Streets Of Irvine, California
Posts: 1,185
Liked 559 Times in 191 Posts
Default

Greetings Friends,

I apologize for the late response. Ever since I stopped posting photos, I have all this free time to slack off now... Anyways, just to clear the air, NO Moderators or Site Administrators were involved. This was completely self imposed. In my 13 years of being a Corvette Forum Member, I have never encountered any issues before. But I guess there is a first time for everything....

As an obsessed Corvette Nut, hence the name, I started posting pictures of the new C7 ZR1 for sheer enjoyment, excitement, pleasure, and admiration of Chevy's new Apex Predator. There was no underlying agenda, ill-will, or malcontent on my part. My intentions were pure and genuine. So, when I received a strongly-worded private message with claims of copy infringement from a fellow forum member, my reaction was, "WTF?" My thoughts went from bewilderment to anger and irritation. In fact, I actually considered copying and pasting the exact private message to the C7 ZR1 Picture Thread for all to see. But alas, I am not a vindictive or vengeful person. So I decided to take the high road and comply with the request and delete the photos in question without further incident. But, that there in lies the problem...

Because I became so prolific with posting vast amounts of photos several times a day, it was extremely difficult and time consuming to go back and search every page and every post to delete a certain photo. We are talking about 25 pages and well over 500+ photos. And it was at that point, I came to the realization that this was No Longer Fun. The idea of uploading photos only to delete them later because someone complained, seemed inefficient, redundant, and downright cumbersome. I am literally, doing twice the work. And thus, the decision was made to delete it all.

When I uploaded photos, I would very often edit them for two reasons:

1.) To protect the identity and anonymity of the owners of the cars.
2.) Let's be honest, who likes staring at a bunch of license plate numbers, letters, logos, stickers, frames, icons, tags, insignias, symbols, emblems, and the annoying Dude in the background making funny faces?

The editing of photos was done solely for aesthetics. And there was no intention of copyright infringement. Also, I never claimed that these photos were mine. I simply found them and posted them. In the end, it was fun while it lasted. I am humbled by your words of praise and admiration of the photos I posted. But it's time to move on. And my days of uploading C7 ZR1 photos are over. Thank you for your time and attention.

Save The Wave,
Corvette_Nut
Corvette_Nut is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by Corvette_Nut:
DebRedZR1 (12-21-2018), thewb (12-21-2018)
Old 12-21-2018, 06:08 AM
  #505  
Repo Pilot
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Repo Pilot's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2014
Location: Orlando FL
Posts: 315
Liked 135 Times in 89 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Corvette_Nut View Post
Greetings Friends,
....
When I uploaded photos, I would very often edit them for two reasons:

1.) To protect the identity and anonymity of the owners of the cars.
2.) Let's be honest, who likes staring at a bunch of license plate numbers, letters, logos, stickers, frames, icons, tags, insignias, symbols, emblems, and the annoying Dude in the background making funny faces?

The editing of photos was done solely for aesthetics. And there was no intention of copyright infringement. Also, I never claimed that these photos were mine. I simply found them and posted them. In the end, it was fun while it lasted. I am humbled by your words of praise and admiration of the photos I posted. But it's time to move on. And my days of uploading C7 ZR1 photos are over. Thank you for your time and attention.
So because of ONE WHINER (the Grinch), whose daily driver is probably made in Japan we all lose? That really sucks. As long as you were blurring the license plates, and even that is arguable as these photos were taken in public places, you would have prevailed as you were not benefiting commercially. I'm one of the thousands of forum users that loved your postings. Thanks for all your time and for contributing to the enjoyment of 99.9% of the members of this forum.

Save the Wave Indeed my friend - Repo (Pure jet) Pilot




Last edited by Repo Pilot; 12-21-2018 at 02:09 PM. Reason: add pictures of MY ZR - display permission granted
Repo Pilot is offline  
The following 5 users liked this post by Repo Pilot:
BearZ06 (12-22-2018), Corvette_Nut (12-21-2018), DebRedZR1 (12-21-2018), Rblase (12-21-2018), thewb (12-21-2018)
Old 12-21-2018, 09:56 AM
  #506  
jd1a
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: May 2004
Location: Glendale AZ
Posts: 196
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

The pics were great
jd1a is offline  
The following users liked this post: jd1a
Corvette_Nut (12-21-2018)
Old 12-21-2018, 11:28 AM
  #507  
the professor
CF Senior Member
 
the professor's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 103
Liked 69 Times in 40 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Corvette_Nut View Post
Greetings Friends,

I apologize for the late response. Ever since I stopped posting photos, I have all this free time to slack off now... Anyways, just to clear the air, NO Moderators or Site Administrators were involved. This was completely self imposed. In my 13 years of being a Corvette Forum Member, I have never encountered any issues before. But I guess there is a first time for everything....

As an obsessed Corvette Nut, hence the name, I started posting pictures of the new C7 ZR1 for sheer enjoyment, excitement, pleasure, and admiration of Chevy's new Apex Predator. There was no underlying agenda, ill-will, or malcontent on my part. My intentions were pure and genuine. So, when I received a strongly-worded private message with claims of copy infringement from a fellow forum member, my reaction was, "WTF?" My thoughts went from bewilderment to anger and irritation. In fact, I actually considered copying and pasting the exact private message to the C7 ZR1 Picture Thread for all to see. But alas, I am not a vindictive or vengeful person. So I decided to take the high road and comply with the request and delete the photos in question without further incident. But, that there in lies the problem...

Because I became so prolific with posting vast amounts of photos several times a day, it was extremely difficult and time consuming to go back and search every page and every post to delete a certain photo. We are talking about 25 pages and well over 500+ photos. And it was at that point, I came to the realization that this was No Longer Fun. The idea of uploading photos only to delete them later because someone complained, seemed inefficient, redundant, and downright cumbersome. I am literally, doing twice the work. And thus, the decision was made to delete it all.

When I uploaded photos, I would very often edit them for two reasons:

1.) To protect the identity and anonymity of the owners of the cars.
2.) Let's be honest, who likes staring at a bunch of license plate numbers, letters, logos, stickers, frames, icons, tags, insignias, symbols, emblems, and the annoying Dude in the background making funny faces?

The editing of photos was done solely for aesthetics. And there was no intention of copyright infringement. Also, I never claimed that these photos were mine. I simply found them and posted them. In the end, it was fun while it lasted. I am humbled by your words of praise and admiration of the photos I posted. But it's time to move on. And my days of uploading C7 ZR1 photos are over. Thank you for your time and attention.

Save The Wave,
Corvette_Nut
Thank you for the time and effort, Corvette Nut! This was the best thread on the entire forum to me. Really unfortunate that someone had to be ridiculous and ruin the whole thing!

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
You could have deleted the entire posts instead of leaving these empty posts.

I love that he left the empty posts, sends a bigger message to the party pooper than just about anything else that I can think of while remaining on the "high road" and not calling out the culprit. Well done, Mr. Nut!
the professor is offline  
The following users liked this post: the professor
Corvette_Nut (12-21-2018)
Old 12-21-2018, 11:30 AM
  #508  
winstonc
CF Senior Member
 
winstonc's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2005
Location: Alexandria VA
Posts: 808
Likes: 0
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by the professor View Post
I love that he left the empty posts, sends a bigger message to the party pooper than just about anything else that I can think of while remaining on the "high road" and not calling out the culprit. Well done, Mr. Nut!

winstonc is offline  
The following users liked this post: winstonc
Corvette_Nut (12-21-2018)
Old 12-21-2018, 12:10 PM
  #509  
DebRedZR1
Moderator
Support Corvetteforum!
 
DebRedZR1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2005
Location: West MICH, and JAX, FLA
Posts: 17,687
Liked 1,162 Times in 626 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17
Default

Merry Christmas all
DebRedZR1 is offline  
The following 5 users liked this post by DebRedZR1:
2019 ZR1 (01-12-2019), Corvette_Nut (12-21-2018), Glenn Quagmire (01-07-2019), ilkSurfer (12-22-2018), Repo Pilot (12-21-2018)
Old 12-21-2018, 01:07 PM
  #510  
Rblase
CF Member
 
Member Since: Apr 2018
Posts: 61
Liked 31 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Enjoy some ZR1 Photos (Taken in Public Area for the public)













Last edited by Rblase; 12-21-2018 at 01:25 PM.
Rblase is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by Rblase:
Corvette_Nut (12-21-2018), z edge (01-22-2019)
Old 12-21-2018, 01:11 PM
  #511  
Rblase
CF Member
 
Member Since: Apr 2018
Posts: 61
Liked 31 Times in 16 Posts
Default





Rblase is offline  
The following users liked this post: Rblase
Corvette_Nut (12-21-2018)
Old 12-21-2018, 01:15 PM
  #512  
Rblase
CF Member
 
Member Since: Apr 2018
Posts: 61
Liked 31 Times in 16 Posts
Default






















Last edited by Rblase; 12-21-2018 at 01:28 PM.
Rblase is offline  
The following 3 users liked this post by Rblase:
Corvette_Nut (12-21-2018), dee zed (12-22-2018), z edge (01-22-2019)
Old 12-28-2018, 07:40 AM
  #513  
ls2kev
CF Senior Member
 
ls2kev's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2009
Location: Havre De Grace MD
Posts: 815
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Corvette_Nut , wtf did you delete all your pictures for???
ls2kev is offline  
Old 12-28-2018, 10:38 AM
  #514  
SoCalC7
CF Senior Member
 
SoCalC7's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2013
Location: Laguna Beach CA
Posts: 388
Liked 41 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ls2kev View Post
Corvette_Nut , wtf did you delete all your pictures for???
scroll up and read.
SoCalC7 is offline  
Old 12-28-2018, 08:30 PM
  #515  
ls2kev
CF Senior Member
 
ls2kev's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2009
Location: Havre De Grace MD
Posts: 815
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by SoCalC7 View Post


scroll up and read.
Ah hah....
ls2kev is offline  
Old 12-31-2018, 09:54 PM
  #516  
antoine
Junior Member
 
antoine's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2006
Location: richmond California
Posts: 44
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by HTXSkydiver View Post
Here are a few I took at the Dubai Motor Show. Hurry Chevy and take my money!!







that one is on the showroom floor at my job winter Chevrolet in Pittsburgh,ca for 144k

Last edited by antoine; 12-31-2018 at 09:55 PM.
antoine is offline  
Old 01-04-2019, 01:00 PM
  #517  
Racerdj
CF Senior Member
 
Racerdj's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,252
Liked 153 Times in 118 Posts
Default

I am not an attorney nor do I want to be one, but bring back your pictures [COLOR=left=#000000]Corvette Nut!!
They greatly helped me spec my ZR1![/COLOR]

Last edited by Racerdj; 01-04-2019 at 01:01 PM.
Racerdj is offline  
Old 01-07-2019, 02:45 PM
  #518  
Glenn Quagmire
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Glenn Quagmire's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,056
Liked 296 Times in 164 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Corvette_Nut View Post
I was advised to govern myself accordingly. And so as Governor, I elected to delete ALL C7 ZR1 photos Because I post SO many C7 ZR1 photos, it became too difficult to keep track of who I offended or am going to offend. I decided to err on the side of caution and delete it all. Initially, I started posting photos because I enjoyed it. Unfortunately, the rules, regulations, politics, guidelines, and etc. no longer made it enjoyable.

It was fun while it lasted Friends. Unfortunately, if you want to see C7 ZR1 photos, you are going to have to post them yourselves....

Until then, Save The Wave.....

Corvette_Nut
Any possibility we could encourage you to post them back up...either blurring the plates or leaving out those from the butthurt owner? You have best collection of ZR1 photos of anyone on the planet and it's a shame that the world can't see them.
Glenn Quagmire is offline  
The following users liked this post: Glenn Quagmire
Rblase (01-07-2019)
Old 01-13-2019, 06:45 PM
  #519  
Joey Cacciatore
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2018
Posts: 102
Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Agreed! Please repost!
Joey Cacciatore is offline  
Old 01-21-2019, 05:41 PM
  #520  
Mako7
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Feb 2005
Location: Huntington Beach California
Posts: 1,339
Likes: 0
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Corvette Nut: My condolences for the grief you had to put up with. There is simply no pleasing some people - as we know from the news on any given day!
Personally, I think it would be an excellent idea to list the screen names of the people who are griping about alleged copyright infringement just so the other members can know who these people are and the positions they take. You should not have to bear all of this animus yourself.Thank you again!
Mako7 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Corvette C7 ZR1 Picture Thread


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: